Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The future of SCFC 09:32 - Nov 11 with 42341 views_

Can we start a thread to get some structure at the meeting night before West Ham. I'm not going to the game and won't be in the country that weekend and I've also heard the Q&A session can be a bit ad hoc let's say. Dav and ARQS have asked some serious questions.

Do you think it's possible for the ones going to go in ready with structured questions?

I wouldn't necessarily want these questions on a public forum but I'm sure anyone that wants something answered can get their questions to the Trust people or the ones attending that night.

That would only take just a little organising and a panel could decide the best say 10 questions to take to Leigh and Huw. I'm sure someone at the event could also set up a video link or at least record it?
[Post edited 13 Dec 2014 15:26]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The future of SCFC on 00:39 - Dec 14 with 1734 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The future of SCFC on 00:38 - Dec 14 by BobJack

An already strange thread has taken a further twist.

Why not keep it simple ?

We are in the Prem, should be having time of our lives. Memories to tell grand kids about, YET, most threads involve in fighting from fans !!!!! From same club. SAME CLUB, sheer lunacy.

Shake hands, make up. Talk about post, not poster = happy days.

One Love
[Post edited 14 Dec 2014 0:50]

Fair enough mate. Up the Swans!

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The future of SCFC on 00:46 - Dec 14 with 1713 viewsDJack

The future of SCFC on 00:39 - Dec 14 by NeiltheTaylor

Fair enough mate. Up the Swans!

HaHa... you say that and it's you fighting your fellow fans .

No one is asleep, it's just that you're a dozy so-and-so.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The future of SCFC on 00:52 - Dec 14 with 1705 viewsBobJack

The future of SCFC on 00:38 - Dec 14 by NeiltheTaylor

"if/when we have to act"

Seems you're a bit slow on the uptake. Still, others are paying attention for you. Sleep on...

Who are you talking to ?

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

The future of SCFC on 00:53 - Dec 14 with 1699 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The future of SCFC on 00:46 - Dec 14 by DJack

HaHa... you say that and it's you fighting your fellow fans .

No one is asleep, it's just that you're a dozy so-and-so.

Which fans am I fighting? Your earlier post was objecting to my use of "invective" in calling someone a "milquetoast", which in turn was in response to those type of fans who want people,e to sit on their hands and wait to see. I am not "fighting" with them, I am opposing what I see as a very dangerous precedent and luckily it is a minority view at the moment as far as I can tell.

People are up for questioning the commercial goings on at this very important time. And those not privy to the deals being struck right now have to be prepared for whatever outcome is being decided. The only thing the supporters have ever had is numbers and the ability to put heads together. People calling for that to not happen in an open forum are dangerous 5th columnists, whether intentional or not and they should be called out as such. Beyond that I have no "fight" with other Swans fan.

Apart from that minge who keeps farting all game two rows down.

The future of SCFC on 00:54 - Dec 14 with 1695 viewsDJack

The future of SCFC on 00:52 - Dec 14 by BobJack

Who are you talking to ?

I suspect it was me. I think his heart is in the right place but his brains are AWOL.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The future of SCFC on 00:55 - Dec 14 with 1690 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The future of SCFC on 00:52 - Dec 14 by BobJack

Who are you talking to ?

That was for DJack

The future of SCFC on 01:02 - Dec 14 with 1676 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The future of SCFC on 00:54 - Dec 14 by DJack

I suspect it was me. I think his heart is in the right place but his brains are AWOL.

Here's one for you then, as you obviously have some kind of zen like clarity of thought...

Under the Supporters Direct or any other relevant charter, could a Trust Board member be considered to be insider trading or acting in a conflict of interest if they procure shares immediately on leaving one position for another?

If that is so could it be determined that their shares are in dispute and could a law suit be put together on that basis?

If that person turns out not just to be acting in self interest, but actively against the organization which elevated them to that initial position, would there be an argument for that organization or a private member of it to sue them and either have their shared paid back at cost or some other settlement to avoid a lengthy process tied up in courts?

The future of SCFC on 01:02 - Dec 14 with 1674 viewsDJack

The future of SCFC on 00:53 - Dec 14 by NeiltheTaylor

Which fans am I fighting? Your earlier post was objecting to my use of "invective" in calling someone a "milquetoast", which in turn was in response to those type of fans who want people,e to sit on their hands and wait to see. I am not "fighting" with them, I am opposing what I see as a very dangerous precedent and luckily it is a minority view at the moment as far as I can tell.

People are up for questioning the commercial goings on at this very important time. And those not privy to the deals being struck right now have to be prepared for whatever outcome is being decided. The only thing the supporters have ever had is numbers and the ability to put heads together. People calling for that to not happen in an open forum are dangerous 5th columnists, whether intentional or not and they should be called out as such. Beyond that I have no "fight" with other Swans fan.

Apart from that minge who keeps farting all game two rows down.

Now this is a better post from you... but to claim those that are not as "reactionary" as you appear are asleep is at best inflammatory and at worst "infighting".

Currently my world is going "down the shitter" as it were but if/when it comes to it, I will put my problems aside and fight like f*ck for my/tour*/our club. Just because you are a little premature in your action it does not mean that the rest of us are asleep...STID.

* your... aaaahhhh stella and my keyboard!
[Post edited 14 Dec 2014 1:27]

Login to get fewer ads

The future of SCFC on 01:22 - Dec 14 with 1648 viewsDJack

The future of SCFC on 01:02 - Dec 14 by NeiltheTaylor

Here's one for you then, as you obviously have some kind of zen like clarity of thought...

Under the Supporters Direct or any other relevant charter, could a Trust Board member be considered to be insider trading or acting in a conflict of interest if they procure shares immediately on leaving one position for another?

If that is so could it be determined that their shares are in dispute and could a law suit be put together on that basis?

If that person turns out not just to be acting in self interest, but actively against the organization which elevated them to that initial position, would there be an argument for that organization or a private member of it to sue them and either have their shared paid back at cost or some other settlement to avoid a lengthy process tied up in courts?

Clarity of thought?! I'm on red wine, crabbies and Stella tonight (again)... hence I'm posting.

You've obviously let your man love of Chrissy rule your thinking ( Sorry alcohol is giving my sense of humour a boost)

"Under the Supporters Direct or any other relevant charter" - In English please!

Second guessing your post if insider trading was a possibility the rozzers would have made an arrest/investigation, only your hyperactive "mate" T2C is making this assertion/link.

"Shares in dispute" and all the rest, well, I suggest you are passionate, easily led and pissed...Passion is good but the rest not so and I'm pissed so I know what I'm saying.

The future of SCFC on 01:30 - Dec 14 with 1626 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The scenario has long been considered by many people, but discounted as way too costly for all, but if the stakes go up...

The future of SCFC on 01:34 - Dec 14 with 1585 viewsMillie

jack army
The future of SCFC on 01:35 - Dec 14 with 1583 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The future of SCFC on 01:34 - Dec 14 by Millie

jack army

Who are we?

The future of SCFC on 01:36 - Dec 14 with 1575 viewsDJack

The future of SCFC on 01:30 - Dec 14 by NeiltheTaylor

The scenario has long been considered by many people, but discounted as way too costly for all, but if the stakes go up...

Please, I'm not taking the piss here but what are you on about?

The future of SCFC on 01:40 - Dec 14 with 1565 viewsMillie

The future of SCFC on 01:35 - Dec 14 by NeiltheTaylor

Who are we?

most of the c*nts here are bullys, let it roll
The future of SCFC on 04:05 - Dec 14 with 1521 viewsdameedna

Mildred!
The future of SCFC on 10:09 - Dec 14 with 1425 viewsperchrockjack

"NOTHING ON TOPIC TO DISCUSS"..
Here we go then .

1. I believe we re in good hands and the future is bright

2. We are led by people who care. If they stand to make money from selling shares then great, they deserve it,as they pity themselves up whereas you didn't or couldn't to do something for our club .

3. IF we sell, I believe it will benefit us and the deal will be done to the clubs benefit . The Trust will continue to have and represent our interests at heart. No question about it.
I trust Sumbler
4. We re at the zenith ,so far, as regards football and league position .

Free of insult, free of cant, free of personal crap ..

THERE WE GO.. again

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The future of SCFC on 12:22 - Dec 14 with 1353 views_

The future of SCFC on 10:09 - Dec 14 by perchrockjack

Here we go then .

2. We are led by people who care. If they stand to make money from selling shares then great, they deserve it,as they pity themselves up whereas you didn't or couldn't to do something for our club .

3. IF we sell, I believe it will benefit us and the deal will be done to the clubs benefit . The Trust will continue to have and represent our interests at heart. No question about it.
I trust Sumbler

THERE WE GO.. again

Thats the opinion you are of course entitled to.

If all of your points come to fruition and this time nest season or the season after that or "whenever" we are still:

* in the Premier League
* we are still being run by people who care
* we still have not just a Trust Rep on the board but even a Trust at all
* and there has been significant improvement at fair price for the true lifeblood of the club, us, the fans(**)
* that the stadium has been expanded in accordance to the demand we have been crying out for over at least the last 2 seasons
* we are not laden with debt and paying a smothering interest rate to our new investor who was hand-picked (without due diligence I've been told) because this "special" guy really means the word investment and is not in it for any personal gain
* we still have the same love and passion for the club because let's face it we've made a name for ourselves as doing things differently and that amazing feel good factor is much revered across the footballing world
* and we are not at the mercy of some crazed megalomaniac who just for what seems like the sheer hell of it changes our history, name, badge, shirt colour etc....

Then I guess I'd have to agree and I will be the first to come on here and discount mine and most others concerns that indeed we were in the safest hands possible when they sold their shares and became millionaires overnight.

That's a whole lot of trust you have there. Let's hope you're right.

(**) that's us, the fans, and when you talk of not putting up back in the day - I did, we did, everyone I know chipped in. Don't think just because "you" were not watching the Swans back then that the rest of us were as blaise about things, we weren't. We cared back then and my mates, some on here and others who don't post have spent the last 30 odd years caring up and down the land home and away.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The future of SCFC on 12:25 - Dec 14 with 1349 viewsDarran

The future of SCFC on 12:22 - Dec 14 by _

Thats the opinion you are of course entitled to.

If all of your points come to fruition and this time nest season or the season after that or "whenever" we are still:

* in the Premier League
* we are still being run by people who care
* we still have not just a Trust Rep on the board but even a Trust at all
* and there has been significant improvement at fair price for the true lifeblood of the club, us, the fans(**)
* that the stadium has been expanded in accordance to the demand we have been crying out for over at least the last 2 seasons
* we are not laden with debt and paying a smothering interest rate to our new investor who was hand-picked (without due diligence I've been told) because this "special" guy really means the word investment and is not in it for any personal gain
* we still have the same love and passion for the club because let's face it we've made a name for ourselves as doing things differently and that amazing feel good factor is much revered across the footballing world
* and we are not at the mercy of some crazed megalomaniac who just for what seems like the sheer hell of it changes our history, name, badge, shirt colour etc....

Then I guess I'd have to agree and I will be the first to come on here and discount mine and most others concerns that indeed we were in the safest hands possible when they sold their shares and became millionaires overnight.

That's a whole lot of trust you have there. Let's hope you're right.

(**) that's us, the fans, and when you talk of not putting up back in the day - I did, we did, everyone I know chipped in. Don't think just because "you" were not watching the Swans back then that the rest of us were as blaise about things, we weren't. We cared back then and my mates, some on here and others who don't post have spent the last 30 odd years caring up and down the land home and away.

I recognised loads of people in the Patti on JTAK but I didn't see you.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The future of SCFC on 12:30 - Dec 14 with 1340 views_

The future of SCFC on 00:04 - Dec 14 by DJack

"What kind of sniveling Milquetoast believes that things should not be discussed or even questions raised and debated on here?"

Here's a thought...how's about questions/debate without invective (there'e a big word to impress eh!). Why not discuss things based upon fact and not assumption? Why not leave your ego at the door?

Provoking a reaction is all well and good when you have something to "attack" but when you have rumour and assumptions you might as well charge windmills.

And to you Mr tough guy on Stella and red wine making a spectacle of himself last night, what you're saying is let's fiddle while Rome burns is it?

Let's not discuss anything until Huw Jenkins is on the front page of the Post holding up an American flag, shaking hands and with that the soul sold out of the club.

The future of SCFC on 12:34 - Dec 14 with 1325 views_

The future of SCFC on 12:25 - Dec 14 by Darran

I recognised loads of people in the Patti on JTAK but I didn't see you.

I wasn't there that's why, I was in the Netherlands and even if I was, luckily for me at that time I didn't have a clue who you were and you not me.

I had never seen you down the Vetch in all my years going there either but I'm guessing you were?

The future of SCFC on 12:51 - Dec 14 with 1292 viewsDJack

The future of SCFC on 12:30 - Dec 14 by _

And to you Mr tough guy on Stella and red wine making a spectacle of himself last night, what you're saying is let's fiddle while Rome burns is it?

Let's not discuss anything until Huw Jenkins is on the front page of the Post holding up an American flag, shaking hands and with that the soul sold out of the club.

You a fine one to talk... the number of times you've made a spectacle of yourself. Also where have I been the "tough guy" as all I've done is stand up to inflammatory posts.

Nowhere have I said things can't be discussed in fact that is what I'm happy for but remember ranting isn't discussion!

The future of SCFC on 13:36 - Dec 14 with 1239 views_

The future of SCFC on 12:51 - Dec 14 by DJack

You a fine one to talk... the number of times you've made a spectacle of yourself. Also where have I been the "tough guy" as all I've done is stand up to inflammatory posts.

Nowhere have I said things can't be discussed in fact that is what I'm happy for but remember ranting isn't discussion!

Nice to speak to you sober ;) you almost sound coherent this afternoon, how's the head?

Forget it's me that's asking these questions if you've got issues with me but these questions need asking I feel.

The future of SCFC on 13:47 - Dec 14 with 1219 viewsDarran

The future of SCFC on 12:34 - Dec 14 by _

I wasn't there that's why, I was in the Netherlands and even if I was, luckily for me at that time I didn't have a clue who you were and you not me.

I had never seen you down the Vetch in all my years going there either but I'm guessing you were?

So you didn't go to games when you lived away?
F*ck me you're as big a fan as Nick Rees and Scouce.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The future of SCFC on 13:49 - Dec 14 with 1216 viewsdobjack2

The future of SCFC on 10:09 - Dec 14 by perchrockjack

Here we go then .

I trust Sumbler

THERE WE GO.. again

I agree with you in some areas but do not have your faith in some others.

I trust the trust.

I believe that the existence and influence of the trust must be a potential deal breaker for any new investor who wants to run things their way.

My concern (reading into one of Phil's posts) is that in their pursuit of the Yankee dollar one or more shareholders looking to sell shares may be prepared to effectively "sell out" the trust I.e. the influence of the supporters of the club, to help a deal that would make them a shed load of money go through.
The future of SCFC on 13:51 - Dec 14 with 1211 viewsDJack

The future of SCFC on 13:36 - Dec 14 by _

Nice to speak to you sober ;) you almost sound coherent this afternoon, how's the head?

Forget it's me that's asking these questions if you've got issues with me but these questions need asking I feel.

Head's fine mate

I'm more than happy with you asking questions... we need to ask them (maybe not all that you've asked though).

I love a good rant (a bit too much ) but it does undermine your position when you/I rant. Keep to simple facts put in a non-confrontational manner.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024