Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm 18:07 - Jul 7 with 19501 viewseddie71

Danel Levy hopes to exploit Swansea's interest in taking midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson back to Wales, but he will need to increase his offer - particularly if Spurs hope to land goalkeeper Michel Vorm as well

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10951372/Totte
Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 09:25 - Jul 8 with 2443 viewsUxbridge

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 07:34 - Jul 8 by Dr_Winston

Yes, it was a horrible season in which he featured in almost every game.

I know the prospect of being even slightly critical of St. Leon is enough to bring some people out in hives, but blind, unquestioning support is unhealthy.

I think you'll find the increase in his paypacket at Sheffield was utterly irrelevant. It was all that nasty Portugeezer's fault.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 12:16 - Jul 8 with 2316 viewsMrSwerve

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:32 - Jul 7 by morningstar

550k is peanuts to a player like Leon in the championship? Ye ok. There is no doubt on this earth that after the season he endured under Sousa Leon wanted out. He did not go for the money although I'm sure he took the best deal available to him.
I'm pretty sure that in his wildest dreams he wouldn't have expected to end up in the premier league when he came back to us. Do you? seriously?
Simple case of an unhappy player leaving and then desperate to come back when it didn't work out. Nothing to do with money.

Erm...550k isn't all that much considering he would be coming back with a nice new contract. Dont have the details here but I'm assuming it was around 10k pw for 3 years at least, which is around 1.6 million. A nice profit of around 1 million to come back into a team he knew he would fit back into and spend many more years here. That's without any performance bonuses.

Nothing to do with the fact we are now a Prem team.

Anyway, not sure why you're getting too focused on the Leon to Shef utd thing, I was more talking about big teams coming in for our players and our supporters being suprised that they would jump ship.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 13:09 - Jul 8 with 2235 viewsSenhin

How can people say 2 starters for a sub etc? Different clubs with different players. If he came here he probably would be a starter and if Ben and corn went to Tottenham they would probably be subs....

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 13:14 - Jul 8 with 2214 viewsfbreath

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 13:09 - Jul 8 by Senhin

How can people say 2 starters for a sub etc? Different clubs with different players. If he came here he probably would be a starter and if Ben and corn went to Tottenham they would probably be subs....

Corn, I heard he has got a cob on
[Post edited 8 Jul 2014 13:14]

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:02 - Jul 8 with 2118 viewsmorningstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 12:16 - Jul 8 by MrSwerve

Erm...550k isn't all that much considering he would be coming back with a nice new contract. Dont have the details here but I'm assuming it was around 10k pw for 3 years at least, which is around 1.6 million. A nice profit of around 1 million to come back into a team he knew he would fit back into and spend many more years here. That's without any performance bonuses.

Nothing to do with the fact we are now a Prem team.

Anyway, not sure why you're getting too focused on the Leon to Shef utd thing, I was more talking about big teams coming in for our players and our supporters being suprised that they would jump ship.

So your saying Leon left for the money then came back for the money? Make your mind up ffs!

Oh, and I didn't focus on Leon. You did!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:08 - Jul 8 with 2082 viewsMrSwerve

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:02 - Jul 8 by morningstar

So your saying Leon left for the money then came back for the money? Make your mind up ffs!

Yes, I am being consistent and saying all players move for money whoever they are, and whether they are coming or going from the Swans.

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:12 - Jul 8 with 2062 viewsmorningstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:08 - Jul 8 by MrSwerve

Yes, I am being consistent and saying all players move for money whoever they are, and whether they are coming or going from the Swans.

Stop digging!

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:14 - Jul 8 with 2043 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Leon left Swansea for more money and because his comfortable life at Swansea was threatened.

Leon returned to for more money and because his time at Sheffield wasn't working out.

Seems simple enough to me.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:15 - Jul 8 with 2041 viewsMrSwerve

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:12 - Jul 8 by morningstar

Stop digging!

Digging?

You clearly haven't understood the point I was making in my post, despite me spelling it out to you.

I'm out.

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:15 - Jul 8 with 2040 viewsScoobyWho

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:02 - Jul 8 by morningstar

Leon left because like many, Dorus as an example ( and Martinez ) felt we had gone as far as we could. And sheff utd at the time would be seen as the bigger club,and yes they paid him more money. But he also paid back his signing on fee when he came back to us.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:23 - Jul 8 with 2005 viewsmorningstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:14 - Jul 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Leon left Swansea for more money and because his comfortable life at Swansea was threatened.

Leon returned to for more money and because his time at Sheffield wasn't working out.

Seems simple enough to me.

Ok lets get this right. Leon leaves and gets a £550k signing on fee plus a couple of thousand a week more than he was on with us, it doesn't work out for him so he pays said £550k back to rejoin us at which time we had then decided to offer him more money than he was on at Sheff Utd, knowing he was prepared too pay back over half a million pounds out of his own money to rejoin us? And you think thats simple enough for you ye?

Isn't it more likely he just wanted his career back and therefore wanted to return?

Seems simple enough to me?

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:25 - Jul 8 with 1988 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:23 - Jul 8 by morningstar

Ok lets get this right. Leon leaves and gets a £550k signing on fee plus a couple of thousand a week more than he was on with us, it doesn't work out for him so he pays said £550k back to rejoin us at which time we had then decided to offer him more money than he was on at Sheff Utd, knowing he was prepared too pay back over half a million pounds out of his own money to rejoin us? And you think thats simple enough for you ye?

Isn't it more likely he just wanted his career back and therefore wanted to return?

Seems simple enough to me?

He came crawling back when the nasty manager at Swansea left. Seems simple enough.

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:28 - Jul 8 with 1977 viewsmorningstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:15 - Jul 8 by ScoobyWho

Leon left because like many, Dorus as an example ( and Martinez ) felt we had gone as far as we could. And sheff utd at the time would be seen as the bigger club,and yes they paid him more money. But he also paid back his signing on fee when he came back to us.

This^

But Leon actually left because of Sousa. But in saying that it turned out that he was very lucky indeed that we wanted him back.

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:31 - Jul 8 with 1958 viewsmorningstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:25 - Jul 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He came crawling back when the nasty manager at Swansea left. Seems simple enough.

I don't think he came crawling back, but thanks for agreeing with me anyway.

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:32 - Jul 8 with 1946 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:31 - Jul 8 by morningstar

I don't think he came crawling back, but thanks for agreeing with me anyway.

Paying £550k to come back suggests he did. You rarely see a player paying to join a team.

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:33 - Jul 8 with 1940 viewsmorningstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:15 - Jul 8 by MrSwerve

Digging?

You clearly haven't understood the point I was making in my post, despite me spelling it out to you.

I'm out.

I understood your point but just didn't agree with it. No need to leave on my account?

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:39 - Jul 8 with 1923 viewsmorningstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:32 - Jul 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Paying £550k to come back suggests he did. You rarely see a player paying to join a team.

So how did he come back for more money then?

As I said to mr swerve, you can't have it both ways! The only logical explanation is that he went to Sheff Utd because of the 'nasty manager' (your words). Then gave up his financial gain for doing so in the hope of furthering his career as it didn't work out! To suggest anything other is plainly wrong!

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:46 - Jul 8 with 1895 viewsMrSwerve

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:39 - Jul 8 by morningstar

So how did he come back for more money then?

As I said to mr swerve, you can't have it both ways! The only logical explanation is that he went to Sheff Utd because of the 'nasty manager' (your words). Then gave up his financial gain for doing so in the hope of furthering his career as it didn't work out! To suggest anything other is plainly wrong!

Leon wouldn't have moved to Sheff utd for a lower wage.

Leon wouldn't have come back for a lower wage.

Simples.

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:55 - Jul 8 with 1864 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:46 - Jul 8 by MrSwerve

Simples.

Too many people are blinded / biased by their love of the club.

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:57 - Jul 8 with 1857 viewsmorningstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:46 - Jul 8 by MrSwerve

Simples.

As I said earlier your digging a hole. I'm not being funny at all and respect your views but if you honestly believe that Leon left for a few thousand more a week. Lets say it was just 2k a week more. Over three years thats £330k plus the £550k signing on fee. Then you really believe that we would have offered him £850k more than Sheff Utd were offering him when there was no gaurantee of Prem football at that time, and that he wanted to come back as things weren't working out for him? Come on eh?

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 23:01 - Jul 8 with 1838 viewsmorningstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:55 - Jul 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Too many people are blinded / biased by their love of the club.

Yes of course. That must be it.

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 23:04 - Jul 8 with 1825 viewstomdickharry

Meanwhile back on the Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm thread.........
Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 23:05 - Jul 8 with 1814 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:57 - Jul 8 by morningstar

As I said earlier your digging a hole. I'm not being funny at all and respect your views but if you honestly believe that Leon left for a few thousand more a week. Lets say it was just 2k a week more. Over three years thats £330k plus the £550k signing on fee. Then you really believe that we would have offered him £850k more than Sheff Utd were offering him when there was no gaurantee of Prem football at that time, and that he wanted to come back as things weren't working out for him? Come on eh?

According this he doubled his wages at Sheffield. He even turned down offers from Premier League clubs because Sheffield offered him more.

Leon Leon Leon!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1285930/Wigan-angry-Leon-Britt

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 23:14 - Jul 8 with 1782 viewsNeathJack

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:25 - Jul 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

So far today you've posted that Garry Monk wormed his way into the managers job and Leon Britton came crawling back.

If you are a genuine Swansea City fan then Brazil are in the world cup final.
Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 23:15 - Jul 8 with 1781 viewsmorningstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 23:05 - Jul 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

According this he doubled his wages at Sheffield. He even turned down offers from Premier League clubs because Sheffield offered him more.

Leon Leon Leon!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1285930/Wigan-angry-Leon-Britt

Why have you posted a link that contradicts everything you have said? As I said previously to you both. You can't have it both ways! So he doubled his wages with the move yet your saying we agreed to pay him more than that to return plus his £550k signing on fee which he had to repay???
If he was leaving due to the nasty manager 'again your words' wouldn't you expect him to try and get the best deal possible? Your being so silly now!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024