Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm 18:07 - Jul 7 with 19504 viewseddie71

Danel Levy hopes to exploit Swansea's interest in taking midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson back to Wales, but he will need to increase his offer - particularly if Spurs hope to land goalkeeper Michel Vorm as well

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10951372/Totte
Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 21:16 - Jul 7 with 2677 viewskarnataka

Let's not forget Spurs have a new manager so every players starts with a clean slate and has the opportunity to prove that they are able to challenge for a starting place. I'm sure Gylfi's preferred option would be as a starter at Spurs and knows that if he impresses Pochettino, he may get far more game time than before depending on how Poch wants to set his team up. On the other hand, Poch may already have given Levy a list of players to move on and GS may be on that list hence the rumours.

As for swapping Gylfi for Ben & Vorm, haha, I wouldn't swap him for either and certainly not for both. If Levy really has proposed that, he's made himself look a but stupid IMO.
Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:03 - Jul 7 with 2592 viewsMrSwerve

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 21:02 - Jul 7 by morningstar

And had to re-pay his £550k signing on fee to return to us! Conveniently forgotten that as well?

550k is peanuts compared to what he has earned with us since. He knew he would be here for the long run if he came back.

I love LEON as much as anyone but let's not pretend that these players would stay with us if a big team came in for them.

I remember one poster a few months back saying 'why would Bony want to go to Arsenal?' Ffs like.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:32 - Jul 7 with 2500 viewsmorningstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:03 - Jul 7 by MrSwerve

550k is peanuts compared to what he has earned with us since. He knew he would be here for the long run if he came back.

I love LEON as much as anyone but let's not pretend that these players would stay with us if a big team came in for them.

I remember one poster a few months back saying 'why would Bony want to go to Arsenal?' Ffs like.

550k is peanuts to a player like Leon in the championship? Ye ok. There is no doubt on this earth that after the season he endured under Sousa Leon wanted out. He did not go for the money although I'm sure he took the best deal available to him.
I'm pretty sure that in his wildest dreams he wouldn't have expected to end up in the premier league when he came back to us. Do you? seriously?
Simple case of an unhappy player leaving and then desperate to come back when it didn't work out. Nothing to do with money.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:37 - Jul 7 with 2477 viewsScoobyWho

Gylfi isn't worth 20million, which is what Levy values him at.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:46 - Jul 7 with 2435 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:32 - Jul 7 by morningstar

550k is peanuts to a player like Leon in the championship? Ye ok. There is no doubt on this earth that after the season he endured under Sousa Leon wanted out. He did not go for the money although I'm sure he took the best deal available to him.
I'm pretty sure that in his wildest dreams he wouldn't have expected to end up in the premier league when he came back to us. Do you? seriously?
Simple case of an unhappy player leaving and then desperate to come back when it didn't work out. Nothing to do with money.

Garry did not like Sousa. Neither did Ash. Neither did most if not all of the team. They didn't cry about it and storm off to another club. I don't see how you can defend Leon's actions either way.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:55 - Jul 7 with 2398 viewsNeathJack

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:46 - Jul 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Garry did not like Sousa. Neither did Ash. Neither did most if not all of the team. They didn't cry about it and storm off to another club. I don't see how you can defend Leon's actions either way.

Neither Monk or Williams were out of contract.
Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:59 - Jul 7 with 2383 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:55 - Jul 7 by NeathJack

Neither Monk or Williams were out of contract.

A good point. But Leon still left. He claimed for months he wanted to move closer to his family in London and then ended up on a lucrative contract at big spending Sheffield United.

He is one of my favourite Swansea City players during my time supporting the club, but some of the rubbish spouted about his loyalty and how he plays for the shirt is ludicrous. He's just like 99% of footballers.

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 23:04 - Jul 7 with 2362 viewsNeathJack

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:59 - Jul 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

A good point. But Leon still left. He claimed for months he wanted to move closer to his family in London and then ended up on a lucrative contract at big spending Sheffield United.

He is one of my favourite Swansea City players during my time supporting the club, but some of the rubbish spouted about his loyalty and how he plays for the shirt is ludicrous. He's just like 99% of footballers.

"He claimed for months he wanted to move closer to his family in London"

Did he? Or was that just something circulated on the internet and now dressed up as fact?

Your point completely falls down when you take into account that as soon as the opportunity arose for him to return, he did so.

No player plays for the shirt any more, that's just the way it is, but no one can argue against the fact that Leon gives 100% every single game.

What more do you want?
Login to get fewer ads

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 23:43 - Jul 7 with 2264 viewsTom1912

Yep, he never said that. Was a routine line on Planet Swans.
Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 23:47 - Jul 7 with 2253 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 23:43 - Jul 7 by Tom1912

Well then, he left for more money at another club when his comfortable life at Swansea was threatened. I do not blame him. I just find it baffling where this false idea that he plays for the shirt and is 100% Swansea City comes from. He's like everyone else.

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 23:53 - Jul 7 with 2239 viewsNeathJack

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 23:47 - Jul 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Well then, he left for more money at another club when his comfortable life at Swansea was threatened. I do not blame him. I just find it baffling where this false idea that he plays for the shirt and is 100% Swansea City comes from. He's like everyone else.

You're trying too hard again.
Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 23:57 - Jul 7 with 2230 viewsUxbridge

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 23:43 - Jul 7 by Tom1912

Oh behave. He played that card. All good PR to smooth his path to getting a bumper payday when out of contract.

The age of the clubman is dead. If any of our players thought they'd be better off anywhere else then they'd be there.

It's all a game innit. We criticise players for wanting to double their wages and call them money-grabbing barstewards when we'd do the same at our much lower financial level in a heartbeat. We ask for loyalty from the players when we'll happily ditch them when they get injured or suffer a drop in form. All good fun.

I still luvs Leon though. He's been a great player for us and hopefully he's still got a few years left in him.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 00:08 - Jul 8 with 2215 viewsLiberty

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 23:47 - Jul 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Dwight, I know you are fishing and i will bite, you are so desperate for the attention, whatever went wrong in early years I will leave to the psychologists.

Leon has given everything for the shirt. He left us briefly due to a poor manager, but regretted it and came back at earliest opportunity as soon as said manager left.

What comfortable life he was having I am unsure what you are referring to.

He's a legend , you are a tw at, move on.

You sound to me like you are gutted your parents chose Swansea as a city to bring you to as a child. You hate the Swansea accent, will be gutted if you still live here in later years and criticise all things SCFC.

Please give your 'support' to another team, I'll even chip in for the bus fare, if its not too below you to travel on public transport.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 00:30 - Jul 8 with 2186 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 00:08 - Jul 8 by Liberty

Dwight, I know you are fishing and i will bite, you are so desperate for the attention, whatever went wrong in early years I will leave to the psychologists.

Leon has given everything for the shirt. He left us briefly due to a poor manager, but regretted it and came back at earliest opportunity as soon as said manager left.

You sound to me like you are gutted your parents chose Swansea as a city to bring you to as a child. You hate the Swansea accent, will be gutted if you still live here in later years and criticise all things SCFC.

Please give your 'support' to another team, I'll even chip in for the bus fare, if its not too below you to travel on public transport.

Is Uxbirgde fishing too?

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 00:38 - Jul 8 with 2175 viewsLiberty

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 00:30 - Jul 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Is Uxbirgde fishing too?

Ask him ?

I don't think he is personally.

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 00:49 - Jul 8 with 2104 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 00:38 - Jul 8 by Liberty

Ask him ?

I don't think he is personally.

Hmm. What was it about my post that makes you think I am fishing when Uxbridge made almost an identical point but in a manner so that our less intelligent fans will not take such great offence to?

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 00:57 - Jul 8 with 2098 viewsRuDeMan1970

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 00:08 - Jul 8 by Liberty

HEAR HEAR!

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 00:57 - Jul 8 with 2097 viewsLiberty

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 00:49 - Jul 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Hmm. What was it about my post that makes you think I am fishing when Uxbridge made almost an identical point but in a manner so that our less intelligent fans will not take such great offence to?

Your insults are as poor as your football opinions. Try harder.

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 02:38 - Jul 8 with 2043 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 00:57 - Jul 8 by Liberty

Your insults are as poor as your football opinions. Try harder.

I haven't insulted anyone.

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 02:55 - Jul 8 with 2039 viewsLiberty

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 02:38 - Jul 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I haven't insulted anyone.

Dwight, I am genuinely embarrassed for you. Honestly, move on.

You are doing a very weak impression of far better wum's.

Your posts on here cannot be serious, because they are so thick and dull.

You are constantly looking for a bite from your village idiot posts, its cruel for posters to kick a man when down, for that reason I am out.

Ur biggest twit, spelt wrong, in history of planet swans. Fairplay, theres been a few, but u take to a whole new pitiful level. I won't bite again.

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 05:47 - Jul 8 with 1986 views1jack

Another thread ruined.
Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 06:35 - Jul 8 with 1952 viewsraynor94

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 05:47 - Jul 8 by 1jack

Another thread ruined.

It's getting worrying what goes on here in the dead of night

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 07:34 - Jul 8 with 1878 viewsDr_Winston

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 22:32 - Jul 7 by morningstar

Yes, it was a horrible season in which he featured in almost every game.

I know the prospect of being even slightly critical of St. Leon is enough to bring some people out in hives, but blind, unquestioning support is unhealthy.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 07:53 - Jul 8 with 1848 viewsJackofdreambeach

Pre season mood one of excitement fuelled by Gomis,Fabianski.

Other signings good but we could see them coming - Emnes,Fulton,Kingsley - the youngsters with rich promise but unproven.

It 's only the two prestige signings. I'm sure we need five more prestige signings
considering uncertainty over Michu,Pozuelo,Canas,DeGuzman and Ki. Also the real
interest from other clubs towards prize assets like Ben Davies .

Predicted transfer activity/frenzy hasn't really taken place which is a tad worrying.
Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 09:17 - Jul 8 with 1758 viewsMattG

Tottenham offer Gylfi for Ben and Vorm on 07:53 - Jul 8 by Jackofdreambeach

Pre season mood one of excitement fuelled by Gomis,Fabianski.

Other signings good but we could see them coming - Emnes,Fulton,Kingsley - the youngsters with rich promise but unproven.

It 's only the two prestige signings. I'm sure we need five more prestige signings
considering uncertainty over Michu,Pozuelo,Canas,DeGuzman and Ki. Also the real
interest from other clubs towards prize assets like Ben Davies .

Predicted transfer activity/frenzy hasn't really taken place which is a tad worrying.

Really? You're worried at the lack of transfer activity when we've already signed 4 new players and it's only 8th July?

Chill out, mun, or you'll be a wreck by the time the season starts!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024