Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Zamora no new contract 08:56 - May 28 with 9025 viewsbeeeater

According to todays Metro not getting a new contact. Shame after Saturday and surely a good second half impact player.
Zamora no new contract on 10:34 - May 28 with 1823 viewsWokingR

Sensible decision and proves the owners are starting to learn.
Let's not also forget that according to that Hitler video he is 55 years old now
Zamora no new contract on 10:41 - May 28 with 1804 viewssexton

Too old and too injury prone. His name is etched in Rangers folklore. Going out on a high.
Zamora no new contract on 10:47 - May 28 with 1788 viewsCHUBBS

I would give him a year at pay as you play but i can fully understand the reasoning behind the decision.
He earnt all the money the club payed him with "that goal" on Saturday and will forever be a legend because of it.
I wish him all the best and forever be grateful he finally showed what he's all about.
Zamora no new contract on 10:57 - May 28 with 1760 viewsTacticalR

Zamora no new contract on 10:34 - May 28 by WokingR

Sensible decision and proves the owners are starting to learn.
Let's not also forget that according to that Hitler video he is 55 years old now

Don't believe everything you hear in Hitler videos.

Air hostess clique

Zamora no new contract on 11:01 - May 28 with 1743 viewsSpiritofGregory

So good to see the club act in a responsible way.

Yes Bobby scored the winning goal on Saturday but lets face it, his tenure at Rangers has been very disappointing and he has been handsomely paid. His body isn't up to it especially at Premier League level.

No doubt he has an expectation in relation to salary, his best bet is to go to the States.
Zamora no new contract on 11:29 - May 28 with 1705 views08olesen

Reading quotes from Saturday it appears that Doyle, O'Neil and BZ, really want to stay at QPR, which is nice to see...but.........

This is all well and good, but i cant see Doyle scoring a premier league goal and Oniel has had a couple good games but i still have hope that Granero could do what he does as a very basic passing and tackling midfielder. Plus Granero wont being going anywhere because of his ACL.

BZ is slightly different because he seems like a popular guy who has been influential in that changing room. I would give him a year pay as you play. Are we realistically going to get anyone on a free who is better than in that last 20mins....Bentner.... no thanks.

A part from that, i expect TF to be ruthless. Only sign players who are under 27 and no silly contracts.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Zamora no new contract on 11:53 - May 28 with 1666 viewsDANRANGER

Zamora no new contract on 10:13 - May 28 by CroydonCaptJack

My money would be on a move to Brighton for him.

I agree with this, be good for him and he's earnt well from us but time to move on. BZ will forever be remembered for that goal and it doesn't get any better. The club has invested heavily in many players and sentiment shouldn't come into any deals going forward. Ale faurlin possibly the only one but he needs to prove his fitness and should be given time to on a short term deal. Would like hill to stick around the club but he will inevitably struggle if given a playing contract.

Any player released by us will get a deal somewhere but will have to take a big pay cut or retire!!
Zamora no new contract on 12:06 - May 28 with 1638 viewsBrightonhoop

I'd definately keep him on at £10,000 a week for an impact sub. He's also very much part of the good spirit in the changing room so vital for our survival. I hope we are going to be bold enough to insist on relegation clauses for all contracts.
Login to get fewer ads

Zamora no new contract on 12:13 - May 28 with 1611 viewsSpiritofGregory

Zamora no new contract on 11:29 - May 28 by 08olesen

Reading quotes from Saturday it appears that Doyle, O'Neil and BZ, really want to stay at QPR, which is nice to see...but.........

This is all well and good, but i cant see Doyle scoring a premier league goal and Oniel has had a couple good games but i still have hope that Granero could do what he does as a very basic passing and tackling midfielder. Plus Granero wont being going anywhere because of his ACL.

BZ is slightly different because he seems like a popular guy who has been influential in that changing room. I would give him a year pay as you play. Are we realistically going to get anyone on a free who is better than in that last 20mins....Bentner.... no thanks.

A part from that, i expect TF to be ruthless. Only sign players who are under 27 and no silly contracts.

I bet they want to stay.

Taxi for 3 please!
Zamora no new contract on 12:17 - May 28 with 1602 viewsSpiritofGregory

All this I would give Zamora this, I'd give him that.

Zamora doesn't want pay as you play or 5k a week, he wants a big pay day.

Good to see that the club are clearing the decks of those that are surplus to requirements. Remember we are in debt.
Zamora no new contract on 12:19 - May 28 with 1599 viewsstansleftfoot

Zamora no new contract on 10:28 - May 28 by Tonto

gosh how things have changed. he was being ridiculed not that long ago, and most were desperate to get rid of him.

Unless he takes a significant pay cut (down to something like £10k a week) but perhaps loaded with incentives, then forget it.

We need to get control of our finances. handing out big contract extensions to over 30s who cannot last 90 minutes is not going to hack it.

SWP scored the winning goal at Stamford Bridge, but there weren;t many calls for contract extensions then!

Zamora, the shirt, the summer signing syndrome are going to test us all, Zamora is the first of many, The Club's management of the buying and selling process is in meltdown and has been since Riggs, Hughes and Warnock got themselves in a panic.
Harry Redknapp has pulled off a "remarkable" coup in getting us promoted, the job in hand now is to be ruthless, analytical and strong and get rid of these players who should in reality never arrived at QPR in the first place.
This is a test of Fernandes and Beard and its a Wayne Bridge test!
Do not offer a contract to Zamora on any basis! Why would you?
Zamora no new contract on 12:20 - May 28 with 1592 viewsFDC

Wouldn't be a great surprise, in fact I think one of the players said something like "what an amazing last game from Bobby" on the pitch at full time on Saturday. You can actually see Redknapp and Zamora talking on the pitch in the highlights, with Zamora shrugging in a way that could be translated as "what will be will be", as if Redknapp's started talking about contracts! Pure speculation on my part there of course.

Sensible decision if his contract isn't renewed, we need youth and pace to compliment the experience in the squad.
Zamora no new contract on 12:20 - May 28 with 1590 viewsGloucs_R

Zamora no new contract on 12:06 - May 28 by Brightonhoop

I'd definately keep him on at £10,000 a week for an impact sub. He's also very much part of the good spirit in the changing room so vital for our survival. I hope we are going to be bold enough to insist on relegation clauses for all contracts.

Lets say we have 4 strikers. BZ is one of them. 3 get injured (like this year) and you are left with BZ. How long before he breaks? 15 mins? 50 mins? 1 game? Whatever it is, he wont last 90 mins so no point giving him one of the 4 spaces.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Zamora no new contract on 12:20 - May 28 with 1591 viewsHAYESBOY

In an interview with HR just after the game which is on the offy site, he states he will do a job for us next year.
I think HR/TF will offer him a deal.

Must be on reduced terms though.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Zamora no new contract on 12:33 - May 28 with 1509 viewsjonno

Zamora no new contract on 12:20 - May 28 by HAYESBOY

In an interview with HR just after the game which is on the offy site, he states he will do a job for us next year.
I think HR/TF will offer him a deal.

Must be on reduced terms though.

But in an interview with one of the players (can't remember which) the player said something about "what a way for Bobby to finish his career at QPR" or words to that effect.
Zamora no new contract on 12:43 - May 28 with 1484 viewsAntti_Heinola

Look at it this way. If he hadn't scored on Sat, would you consider offering him a new deal? If the answer is no, he shouldn't be offered a new one. For me, the goal, as fantastic and wonderful and amazing as it was, is irrelevant. Thanks for Saturday Bobby, good luck in your future endeavours.

Bare bones.

Zamora no new contract on 12:45 - May 28 with 1478 viewssimmo

Zamora no new contract on 12:43 - May 28 by Antti_Heinola

Look at it this way. If he hadn't scored on Sat, would you consider offering him a new deal? If the answer is no, he shouldn't be offered a new one. For me, the goal, as fantastic and wonderful and amazing as it was, is irrelevant. Thanks for Saturday Bobby, good luck in your future endeavours.

There you go.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Zamora no new contract on 13:17 - May 28 with 1413 viewsGetMeRangers

Chief said live on teh pitch how pleased Bobby had scored in his last game fro the club. Perhaps Bobby believes himself that he isnt up to another season in the PL and had echoed those feelings that to the players?
Zamora no new contract on 13:18 - May 28 with 1413 viewsNov77

Wouldn't object to him being offered a year, he's the only one who offers a physical presence up front if charlie is injured.

Set Hoillet up for the penalty and charlie up for the winner against wigAn and won us the final.

Deserves another year but on vastly reduced wages.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Zamora no new contract on 14:36 - May 28 with 1346 viewsstansleftfoot

Zamora no new contract on 13:18 - May 28 by Nov77

Wouldn't object to him being offered a year, he's the only one who offers a physical presence up front if charlie is injured.

Set Hoillet up for the penalty and charlie up for the winner against wigAn and won us the final.

Why?
A cheap Zamora is exactly the same as an expensive one, this is the lesson QPR must have learnt....if they haven't, it's just more of the same...here comes Lescott, Ferdinand, Lampard, Cole, Cole, Bent...
How Fernandes balances the books is up to him, but to try the same trick again is mad!
Zamora no new contract on 14:54 - May 28 with 1304 viewsSpiritofGregory

We can't let our emotions get in the way because of Saturday, the guy is injury prone.

What makes people think that he'll accept a 1 year deal on reduced wages? He will be looking for a longer deal on higher wages which he will be able to get elsewhere - places like Malaysia, USA and Qatar.
Zamora no new contract on 15:37 - May 28 with 1251 viewsBklynRanger

Zamora no new contract on 10:41 - May 28 by sexton

Too old and too injury prone. His name is etched in Rangers folklore. Going out on a high.

That's basically how I see it.

But I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with a contract. One that stresses the low base and performance stuff, even if that base will probably be a lot higher than we think.
Zamora no new contract on 16:11 - May 28 with 1216 viewsFredManRave

Zamora no new contract on 09:18 - May 28 by eghamranger

Offer him a 80% pay cut as he doesn't normally play 80% of the time. With a goal bonus and a bonus if we win the fa cup or get into Europe. If he likes us that much who wouldn't.
Who on here wouldn't like £10k a week for playing for us. No brainier 😄

"Who on here wouldn't like £10k a week for playing for us".

Have you seen the new kit?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Zamora no new contract on 17:48 - May 28 with 1163 viewssimmo

Look at it another way. If he wasn't our player, if he was with Brighton for example and his contract was running out, would you be recommending we sign him?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Zamora no new contract on 18:13 - May 28 with 1630 viewsGetMeRangers

Zamora no new contract on 17:48 - May 28 by simmo

Look at it another way. If he wasn't our player, if he was with Brighton for example and his contract was running out, would you be recommending we sign him?

Put it another way. If he was with manure and his contract was running out... and M Hughes was in charge, would we sign him?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024