Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clattenberg 10/10 00:14 - May 13 with 4655 viewschris1969

Great display, don't think he made a bad call, especially the big ones.
Clattenberg 10/10 on 10:35 - May 13 with 983 viewsrosseeles

The fact he was always up with play was for me why it was such a good display, if your up with play and in the midst of whats going on you tend to make better decisions than a ref 30 yards away
Clattenberg 10/10 on 13:35 - May 13 with 914 viewsquickpassrotter

A referee totally on top of his game. I am not generally a great fan of referees - but his performance last night was exceptional and I can not see how anyone can really criticise him in any way. I think that the players knew where they stood with him throughout the game. Clattenburg should really be going to the World Cup in Brazil.
Clattenberg 10/10 on 13:42 - May 13 with 902 viewssmegma

Clattenberg 10/10 on 09:48 - May 13 by nedflanders

Surely you are contradicting yourself by saying he did nothing about time wasting and then moaning he added on too much time at the end??!!

Is it possible that was for time wasting??

Not at all. I'm saying when Wigan wasted time, it wasnt an issue. When we did, it was an issue. 4 mins added on in 45 mins, then 3 in 15 ??Admittedly it was a good performance in most issues , not just on the time wasting.
He was also very lenient with Niko near the end with a sliding tackle that could've resulted in a second yellow. When they appealed for the card he at least explained it was down to the conditions.
Clattenberg 10/10 on 15:11 - May 13 with 859 viewsAntti_Heinola

Clattenberg 10/10 on 06:32 - May 13 by smegma

Mike Jones was better on Friday. Yes Clangerberk had a good game but i lost count of the times he told their players about time wasting, which they started on 5 mins, and yet he let them get away with it time and time again. Then suddenly we are winning and he changes his ways and starts running 30 yards to castigate our players for doing what Wigan had been doing for over 90 minutes. Also, EVERY time BZ or Austin received passes with their backs to goal , he never once gave a free kick for the blatant shirt pulling etc.... the time added on was also a nonsense. Then he suddenly found an extra 3-4 minutes at the end when the 4th official said their was 1 minute to add on. 8/10

He didn't let them get away with timewasting, he added it on. Mike Jones had a very poor game on Friday. Missed a pen for Wigan, several bad fouls etc. Clattenburg was very even and thought added on fair amounts of time throughout.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024