Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry's management 12:21 - Apr 29 with 10268 viewsstansleftfoot

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/redknapp-assou-ekotto-has-not-produced-since-

So Harry tells the press that BAE has not performed since back in the day but he's selected for the Play-Offs....or did I mis-understand something?

I always wish the QPR family all the luck in the world, but with people like this playing for and managing our Club do we deserve any?
Harry's management on 13:48 - Apr 29 with 2010 viewsstansleftfoot

Harry's management on 13:21 - Apr 29 by essextaxiboy

He has been poor since Feb1 when he realised that Sherwood wasnt going to take him back . Before that he was class and easily worth his place . Unnacceptable really , but the fact is that he can do it and is used to big games and pressure . If this is Redknapps way of motivating him then lets hope it works. If he plays as he can Maloney and Macmanaman wont get a kick .Against Forest I think he didnt want to be shown up by Mackie so just put him in his pocket until they moved him to the middle .

I have no problem with Harry's judgement, I'm just questioning his management, every game from February onwards was as important as a Play-off game, if not more so, as we had a very good chance, then, of an Automatic Promotion spot.
Where was the motivation and support then for our unhappy BAE.
So this is just an exercise in motivating BAE into a match winning frame of mind why wait until now.
If we got promotion would then Harry buy this player? is this the dynamic to get the best out of BAE? Conversely, If we lose, BAE goes back to Champions League contenders Spurs?
This smacks of Harry covering his arze, so I too hope that BAE comes up with the form that gives him, in Harry's view, the title of being in the top three Left backs in the Premiership (2010/11) over Baines, Cole, Clichy, Evra, Warnock, Luis Henrique.
If BAE is as good as this title suggests, he should easily be man enough to deal with Wigans wide midfielders, it's going to be interesting, we'll soon see!
Harry's management on 14:09 - Apr 29 with 1979 viewsPunteR

BAE is the best left back we've got.
One thing our team has got over all the other teams in the playoffs is experience. Its all we got. That, and some individual skill.
We're not blessed with pace,a hardworking team ethic or goals. So on the big occasion you need your big game players and BAE fits that mould. Dunne if he gets rested up now should also be playing.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Harry's management on 14:26 - Apr 29 with 1957 viewsdaveB

Harry's management on 13:45 - Apr 29 by BklynRanger

Redknapp didn't sign Yun, in fact when he was asked about him he made a point of saying words to the effect that he "didn't know much about the lad" and "the chairman had brought him in". He made it very clear, as far as I was concerned, that Yun wasn't in his plans.

I do understand the point about publicly expecting more from BAE, maybe getting him to rise to a challenge or whatever. I just don't think BAE deserves much of that kind of respect based on his recent efforts and if Redknapp didn't have the horn for him he would've been in the Bosingwa category since mid-January.

am probably wrong but was sure he spoke about Ian Broomfield spotting Yun in the olympics which is why he signed him.
Harry's management on 15:00 - Apr 29 with 1912 viewsJamie

Harry's management on 12:54 - Apr 29 by daveB

Redknapp isn't wrong when he says this and is probably trying to get a performance out of BAE by doing this, can see the logic in it. left back is a bit of a problem for us but if he plays anywhere near his best he'll be a massive asset in the playoffs, if he lays as he has been lately he'll be a liability.

As for Yun didn't redknapp sign him? I'm not sure he's the answer for the playoffs anyway, if BAE doesn't play I'd go with Hill

Redknapp had as much to do with the Yun signing as he did with the Dellatorre one.
Harry's management on 15:31 - Apr 29 with 1871 viewsfrancisbowles

Harry's management on 13:27 - Apr 29 by DevonWhite

In an ideal world, neither BAE nor Dunne would be in the team on current form. Both have become a bit of a liability. But he won't be playing Yun or Traore at left back, so that means one of BAE and Dunne will start.

I think I'd rather play
Simpson - Onuoha - Hill - BAE

than
Simpson - Onouha - Dunne - Hill

Worst case scenario would be
Simpson - Dunne - Hill - BAE

Agree with your options. BAE was excellent against Forest and although he had stupid moments against the Champions, Leicester he was not too bad that day. Not my favourite player but better than Hill at LB . YSY due to lack of games probably too big a risk.

Play BAE at Barnsley and see if he is up for it.
Harry's management on 17:55 - Apr 29 with 1804 viewsqpr1976

Harry's management on 13:45 - Apr 29 by Nov77

You would like to think that with the prospect of playing at wembley on front of a full house EVERY player would pull out their best performances in the play offs, but so many of them are in such poor form right now it's hard to imagine them turning it round.
It's no coincidence that the team that comes into the playoffs on form, usually the fifth or sixth placed team often goes on to win it.

A bit of a fallacy that.

From the 2nd tier (Championship currently) the 3rd (or highest) placed team has been promoted 37% of the 26 or 27 times the Playoffs have existed.

4th & 6th, considerably less times and 5th the least.
Harry's management on 17:55 - Apr 29 with 1801 viewsAntti_Heinola

Harry's management on 15:31 - Apr 29 by francisbowles

Agree with your options. BAE was excellent against Forest and although he had stupid moments against the Champions, Leicester he was not too bad that day. Not my favourite player but better than Hill at LB . YSY due to lack of games probably too big a risk.

Play BAE at Barnsley and see if he is up for it.

he was ok v Forest. Nothing special. He did his job. Good.
I really despair when certain players at the club lower expectations of their performances to such a degree that any 6/10 display is then described as 'excellent'.

Bare bones.

Harry's management on 18:04 - Apr 29 with 1796 viewsterryb

Harry's management on 14:09 - Apr 29 by PunteR

BAE is the best left back we've got.
One thing our team has got over all the other teams in the playoffs is experience. Its all we got. That, and some individual skill.
We're not blessed with pace,a hardworking team ethic or goals. So on the big occasion you need your big game players and BAE fits that mould. Dunne if he gets rested up now should also be playing.

You are quite entitled to that view.

My view is that Hill, Suk-Young & Traore are all better defenders than BAE has ever been. They most definitely all care more & will give 100% to us.

I'm certain he will be picked though & I expect him to play better than at any time this season. Being on world wide display he will be looking to put himself into a better negoiating position for a contract from a French or Middle Eatern club this summer.

This applies to others apart from BAE & is the reason I'm convinced we will win the play offs.

What I don't understand from the comments by HR, is why he has continually selected him when he admits he wasn't performing. At the same time he can explain why he did the same with Bosingwa last season.
Login to get fewer ads

Harry's management on 18:44 - Apr 29 with 1777 viewsjamois

Harry's management on 13:44 - Apr 29 by ShotKneesHoop

Please go and lie down in a dark room with a cold compress on your head and wait for the men in white coats to arrive.

Eventually you will get better.

SWP isn't fit to sell ice-creams at Wembley, let alone wear the hoops.

I'll be needing the cold compress too if HR selects Dunne ahead of Onuoha/Hill.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Harry's management on 18:53 - Apr 29 with 1769 viewsPunteR

Harry's management on 18:04 - Apr 29 by terryb

My view is that Hill, Suk-Young & Traore are all better defenders than BAE has ever been. They most definitely all care more & will give 100% to us.

I'm certain he will be picked though & I expect him to play better than at any time this season. Being on world wide display he will be looking to put himself into a better negoiating position for a contract from a French or Middle Eatern club this summer.

This applies to others apart from BAE & is the reason I'm convinced we will win the play offs.

What I don't understand from the comments by HR, is why he has continually selected him when he admits he wasn't performing. At the same time he can explain why he did the same with Bosingwa last season.

I agree with you about those players caring more and looking like they're putting the effort in. But for me Hill is a better cb then lb, Traore better attacking from the wings and Suk Young seems a bit wet behind the ears, although he looks good for the future i wouldn't throw him into the playoffs as he's hardly played this season.
To put any of those in the Lb position would take them away from what they are best at. You've got to go with your best players in their best positions imho.

Harry's management on 18:54 - Apr 29 with 1766 viewsdaveB

Harry's management on 18:04 - Apr 29 by terryb

I know he's been crap since Feb but no way are Yun or Traore better defenders than he's ever been. Traore may look like he cares more since he's gone into midfield but put him at left back and he'll be back to the woeful defender we saw last season.

Redknapp has always picked who he believes to be the best players unless he has a real in form alternative and he's probably been picking him so he can play himself back into form, that didn't work so he's started leaving him out hoping for a reaction.
Harry's management on 19:45 - Apr 29 with 1741 viewsenfieldargh

Harry's management on 13:45 - Apr 29 by BklynRanger

Redknapp didn't sign Yun, in fact when he was asked about him he made a point of saying words to the effect that he "didn't know much about the lad" and "the chairman had brought him in". He made it very clear, as far as I was concerned, that Yun wasn't in his plans.

I do understand the point about publicly expecting more from BAE, maybe getting him to rise to a challenge or whatever. I just don't think BAE deserves much of that kind of respect based on his recent efforts and if Redknapp didn't have the horn for him he would've been in the Bosingwa category since mid-January.

I stand to be corrected but it was Dellatore who HR said was the directors signing.

I'm sure HR said of Yun that he's one for the future?

Either way BAE will start with Dunne. Hoping that BAE shows his early season form and hoping that Dunne holds up his hands and says 'I should not be considered, I'm not confident with my form just now'. but he won't

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Harry's management on 19:50 - Apr 29 with 1733 viewsAntti_Heinola

Harry's management on 18:54 - Apr 29 by daveB

I know he's been crap since Feb but no way are Yun or Traore better defenders than he's ever been. Traore may look like he cares more since he's gone into midfield but put him at left back and he'll be back to the woeful defender we saw last season.

Redknapp has always picked who he believes to be the best players unless he has a real in form alternative and he's probably been picking him so he can play himself back into form, that didn't work so he's started leaving him out hoping for a reaction.

Traore would be fine at left back. As would Yun. BAE is probably a better player than both, but nearly 3 months of under-performing disqualifies you from consideration when there are fit alternatives in my eyes.

Bare bones.

Harry's management on 20:09 - Apr 29 with 1660 viewsBklynRanger

Harry's management on 19:45 - Apr 29 by enfieldargh

I stand to be corrected but it was Dellatore who HR said was the directors signing.

I'm sure HR said of Yun that he's one for the future?

Either way BAE will start with Dunne. Hoping that BAE shows his early season form and hoping that Dunne holds up his hands and says 'I should not be considered, I'm not confident with my form just now'. but he won't

Yeah, I know he said that about Dellatore, but I thought he'd also said it about Yun, but maybe it was just a 'one of the future' kind of thing after all.

(Sorry Harry...)
[Post edited 29 Apr 2014 20:09]
Harry's management on 20:28 - Apr 29 with 1642 viewsPhilmyRs

Harry's management on 19:50 - Apr 29 by Antti_Heinola

Traore would be fine at left back. As would Yun. BAE is probably a better player than both, but nearly 3 months of under-performing disqualifies you from consideration when there are fit alternatives in my eyes.

Unless I've missed something, I'm not sure how Yun is considered a better option than BAE. I was impressed with his performance at Borough and would have liked Harry to have given him some game time but surely nobody can say with any confidence that he would be fine at left back in the playoffs.we've not seen enough. Positioning, experience will all be vital. I'd be worried if Yun was thrown in.
Harry's management on 20:30 - Apr 29 with 1638 viewsdaveB

Harry's management on 19:50 - Apr 29 by Antti_Heinola

I don't think Traore is a good enough defender to play left back, switches off far too often, far better as a winger.

I've not seen enough of Yun to know if he's any good or not, i know he played well at Boro but he didn't do much on loan at Doncaster
Harry's management on 20:36 - Apr 29 with 1633 viewsMatch82

Harry's management on 17:55 - Apr 29 by qpr1976

A bit of a fallacy that.

From the 2nd tier (Championship currently) the 3rd (or highest) placed team has been promoted 37% of the 26 or 27 times the Playoffs have existed.

4th & 6th, considerably less times and 5th the least.

More interesting to look at form than league position I would think.

I found a site which shows form in last 8 games of season, but unfortunately it only goes back 2 years and I can't be bothered to do the research manually.

But last year, Palace (5th) had terrible form coming into the playoffs, they didn't win ANY of their last 7 games.

The year before, all 4 teams in the playoffs had very similar records over the last 8 games, so can't really draw any conclusions from that.
Harry's management on 20:41 - Apr 29 with 1624 viewsdaveB

form means bugger all, we were the form team in 2003 and lost the final, i always think if you are on a long wining run you won't win the playoffs.

This year none of the 4 teams are in great form really so it's all about who peaks over these 3 games
Harry's management on 21:02 - Apr 29 with 1596 viewsterryb

Harry's management on 20:30 - Apr 29 by daveB

I don't think Traore is a good enough defender to play left back, switches off far too often, far better as a winger.

I've not seen enough of Yun to know if he's any good or not, i know he played well at Boro but he didn't do much on loan at Doncaster

I agree that Traore is a better wide player than left back, but I don't think he switches off as much as BAE does.

If an analysis was carried out as to who was responsible for goals conceded, I feel that BAE would be top of the list this season.
Harry's management on 21:04 - Apr 29 with 1594 viewsdaveB

Harry's management on 21:02 - Apr 29 by terryb

I agree that Traore is a better wide player than left back, but I don't think he switches off as much as BAE does.

If an analysis was carried out as to who was responsible for goals conceded, I feel that BAE would be top of the list this season.

wouldn't be much in it i agree
Harry's management on 21:36 - Apr 29 with 1570 viewsLblock

Goading a reaction out of BAE?

I think you'd struggle to make him do something if you were armed with a peanut butter sandwich on a fishing rod and a fully charged cattle prod
With undoubtedly gifted players like him who can effortlessly outclass anyone at this level but who know it then he needs to want to do it himself!!! He'll play, of that there's no doubt, I just have a feeling he could be the man for big stage games, big crowd and may actually feel he has something to prove to himself

That's what I'm praying for and that his comment to me that May was the time for holidays can be expunged as a throw away remark

Over to you BAE.......

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Harry's management on 22:56 - Apr 29 with 1536 viewsqpr1976

Sorry, I got my stats wrong when replying earlier -

3rd placed team 10 promotions out of 27 seasons of Playoffs 37%
4th placed team 5 / 27 18.5%
5th placed team 7 / 27 26%
6th placed team 5 / 27 18.5%

So 3rd is still most likely, winning Promotion twice as many times as teams finishing 4th or 6th. Just putting to rest what many (myself included until I checked) thought.
I could list all 27 seasons so far, but I'll spare you all.
Harry's management on 00:42 - Apr 30 with 1510 viewsSpiritofGregory

Harry's management on 17:55 - Apr 29 by Antti_Heinola

he was ok v Forest. Nothing special. He did his job. Good.
I really despair when certain players at the club lower expectations of their performances to such a degree that any 6/10 display is then described as 'excellent'.

QPR fans have always been easily pleased, that's why players take the pi$$ out of us.
Harry's management on 01:02 - Apr 30 with 1416 viewsPunteR

Harry's management on 00:42 - Apr 30 by SpiritofGregory

QPR fans have always been easily pleased, that's why players take the pi$$ out of us.

Care to explain yourself on that one.

As you didn't elaborate sog,i can only assume your not a fan as you seem never to be pleased.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2014 8:21]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024