Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall player punched? 17:22 - Apr 26 with 7629 viewsRANGERS4EVER

People saying one of our fans punched a Millwall player? If true that is quite embarrassing for the club, what an idiot

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Millwall player punched? on 00:37 - Apr 27 with 1925 viewsBrightonhoop

Millwall player punched? on 22:23 - Apr 26 by izlingtonhoop

Why?

It's like wearing flares in 1999 having worn them in 1972. Self explanatory really. No knut but an uber knut goes on the pitch in 2014.
Millwall player punched? on 12:19 - Apr 27 with 1736 viewsloftus_upper

Love Ian Holloway to calm it all down

http://www.newsatden.co.uk/35634-millwall-boss-plays-down-beevers-clash-with-qpr
Millwall player punched? on 14:12 - Apr 27 with 1652 viewsTheBlob

So it'll be on "You've Been Framed" soon then.

Big money in gravity these days.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Millwall player punched? on 14:22 - Apr 27 with 1632 viewsTacticalR

Millwall player punched? on 00:37 - Apr 27 by Brightonhoop

It's like wearing flares in 1999 having worn them in 1972. Self explanatory really. No knut but an uber knut goes on the pitch in 2014.

Hmmm...retro pitch invasions, I like it. Perhaps these could be added as an extra on the ticket price as part of the Loftus Road experience for tourists? We need to be imaginative in generating new revenue.

Air hostess clique

Millwall player punched? on 14:32 - Apr 27 with 1601 viewsDiscodroid

ive got a rather nice pair of diesel flared jeans, which always draw admiring glances wherever i lay my hat.

a couple of pairs of boot cut g star jeans as well with an alfred e numan sewn into the back pocket.

do i win £5?

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Millwall player punched? on 14:33 - Apr 27 with 1602 viewsQPR_John

Millwall player punched? on 21:08 - Apr 26 by terryb

Oh, so no adult has ever been seriously injured by a child?

A lot of the worst injuries are caused by the most innocuous contacts & that could have happened. I have seen a professional goalkeeper have his career finished when he tripped over a dog that had run onto the pitch.

I doubt that what happened today will be regarded as being too serious an incident, but we do have a reputation for pitch invasions & that could be taken into account.

And, pray, what was the purpose or the gain from entering the pitch? I wouldn't blame the eight year old. It is their parents thatb arev at fault for allowing them to. Probably, the parents were on the pitch as wellthough.

As I qualify for a senior discount on my ST I think I may have been going to football enough & in all my years I have only twice gone onto the pitch in celebration without being invited.

These were at the 1968 FA Amateur Cup semi final & following the Leeds match in 1976. I think in both instances there was something a lot more worth celebrating than there was today!

"but we do have a reputation for pitch invasions & that could be taken into account. "

Do we really????
Millwall player punched? on 14:42 - Apr 27 with 1583 viewsAunt_Nelly

Yep.

Maybe some of the hysterical Jessie's on here should have a read: -----------------------------------------------------------------
When asked about the incident in his post-match press conference, Holloway saw the funny side.

He said: "Someone ran on and slipped over. The lads are laughing at Beeves because he got done by a 12-year-old!

"He's a practical joker anyway. He had a bag of ice on his back - God knows what happened.

"I don't blame QPR fans for running on the pitch. Beeves will be fine for the next game.

"People get a bit excited and maybe they shouldn't run on the pitch, but I can tell you that pitch is pretty slippery!"
Millwall player punched? on 15:09 - Apr 27 with 1541 viewsterryb

Millwall player punched? on 14:33 - Apr 27 by QPR_John

"but we do have a reputation for pitch invasions & that could be taken into account. "

Do we really????

I'm sorry to say that we do. Although, I think the last one of any note was at the Crewe game in 2003.

I think you will find that we have been fined & warned as to out future conduct more than any other club for this as well as chucking things at opponents & officials.

Most of the "invasions " caused no problems at all but still invoked action from the FA. Every time as much as one person enters the pitch the referee/match representative has to report this to the FA. Add to this our lack of control of the squirrell earlier in the season & theoretically we could be in trouble. The level of violence etc. caused is not particulary taken into account. Of course, if we were Stoke, the Millwall player would be charged rather than our club!

Of course, the main reason we have problems with this is because it is so much simpler for fans to get on to the pitch than at other grounds.
Login to get fewer ads

Millwall player punched? on 17:13 - Apr 27 with 1434 viewsBrixtonR

Millwall player punched? on 14:32 - Apr 27 by Discodroid

ive got a rather nice pair of diesel flared jeans, which always draw admiring glances wherever i lay my hat.

a couple of pairs of boot cut g star jeans as well with an alfred e numan sewn into the back pocket.

do i win £5?

Ha Ha I've got a pair True Religion twisted flares from a couple of years ago that I still wear raving do I win £10 ? Their called 'Joey's' I hope Dianne Abbot doesn't find out as she'll probably ban them along with Finnish nurses.

DD did you ever go to Samsara ?

BTW did anyone notice the Rangers fan in the school end giving it to the Milwall player who scored ? quality made me laugh fair play to him

Back on topic I don't know why people get so annoyed with fans going on the pitch on the last game of the season it's happened for years - at least as far backs 1980 from what I remember. Like Aunt Nelly says Holloway puts the 'Millwall player punched' into perspective.
Millwall player punched? on 18:16 - Apr 27 with 1394 viewsBluce_Ree

Because it is some dumb shit to do. If we do anything good at the end of the season, we don't get to see the players celebrate and walk around the ground. Instead we get a bunch of self-entitled man-babies wandering around the pitch like clueless f*cks.

Stay in the stands where you belong and let the players have the pitch.

Especially if you're doing it to act hard in front of some millwall fans who can't get to you.

Is pathetic.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Millwall player punched? on 20:29 - Apr 27 with 1308 viewsthemodfather

ok, i didn't see incident and from what i read..a kid/teenager was on the pitch and slipped and fell into a player
not like throwing the ball in bartons face and later a steward deliberately doing the same to harry??
was it like the hazard assault on a ballboy (17 lad)??
i expect "matey" cops a ban, we never did hear what happened to the millwall involved or the burnley incicent either (not guilty in court, but a bottle did hit saint joe)
not like the many flares on our pitch this season ( yep we did one at yooville)
Millwall player punched? on 10:24 - Apr 28 with 1178 viewsDiscodroid

Millwall player punched? on 17:13 - Apr 27 by BrixtonR

Ha Ha I've got a pair True Religion twisted flares from a couple of years ago that I still wear raving do I win £10 ? Their called 'Joey's' I hope Dianne Abbot doesn't find out as she'll probably ban them along with Finnish nurses.

DD did you ever go to Samsara ?

BTW did anyone notice the Rangers fan in the school end giving it to the Milwall player who scored ? quality made me laugh fair play to him

Back on topic I don't know why people get so annoyed with fans going on the pitch on the last game of the season it's happened for years - at least as far backs 1980 from what I remember. Like Aunt Nelly says Holloway puts the 'Millwall player punched' into perspective.

yes mate...big fan of 'escape from samsara' and 'return to the source ' at the fridge...

eat static were on every week !! and dj's like sid shanti!!...used to come out of thier at 6am looking like pieces of broken crockery....good times brother!!!

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Millwall player punched? on 12:40 - Apr 28 with 1115 viewsBrixtonR

Millwall player punched? on 18:16 - Apr 27 by Bluce_Ree

Because it is some dumb shit to do. If we do anything good at the end of the season, we don't get to see the players celebrate and walk around the ground. Instead we get a bunch of self-entitled man-babies wandering around the pitch like clueless f*cks.

Stay in the stands where you belong and let the players have the pitch.

Especially if you're doing it to act hard in front of some millwall fans who can't get to you.

Is pathetic.

"we get a bunch of self-entitled man-babies wandering around the pitch like clueless f*cks "

To be fair I do get the point that is very annoying - especially as it's the 24th time this season
Millwall player punched? on 12:46 - Apr 28 with 1096 viewsBrixtonR

Millwall player punched? on 10:24 - Apr 28 by Discodroid

yes mate...big fan of 'escape from samsara' and 'return to the source ' at the fridge...

eat static were on every week !! and dj's like sid shanti!!...used to come out of thier at 6am looking like pieces of broken crockery....good times brother!!!

Nice one Mate !

Final Frontier at Club UK and Voyager at the Complex were great too but 96-99 on a Friday night at the Fridge ...well those were my halcyon days !
Millwall player punched? on 13:00 - Apr 28 with 1077 viewsR_from_afar

Millwall player punched? on 19:27 - Apr 26 by simmo

A fan that runs on the pitch after a 1-1 draw with a poor team that means fck all when we have more games to go.

Exactly. Perhaps the new stadium will not only have a singing section, but also a simpletons one. All of it heavily padded.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Millwall player punched? on 13:20 - Apr 28 with 1022 viewsLOFT67

Millwall player punched? on 22:14 - Apr 26 by eastside_r

Saw it happen out the corner of my eye.

It was a kid that slipped but he was a chubby little fücker.

And as we know, fatty falling over = always funny.

Hope the player is all right though.

Millwall player paunched !

Loft67

Millwall player punched? on 13:46 - Apr 28 with 975 viewsDiscodroid

Millwall player punched? on 12:46 - Apr 28 by BrixtonR

Nice one Mate !

Final Frontier at Club UK and Voyager at the Complex were great too but 96-99 on a Friday night at the Fridge ...well those were my halcyon days !

discodroid wipes a tear from his eye, "we shall never see its like again"
before collapsing into a flood of tears akin to dianne abbots masterful performance at tony benns funeral.

voyager was ace...saw gayle san, david holmes and sven vath on the old 'ones and twos' .

[Post edited 28 Apr 2014 13:49]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024