Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Green penalty save 19:17 - Mar 1 with 1847 viewsHantsR

Just thought he ought to have his own little thread dedicated to a great save.
Green penalty save on 19:21 - Mar 1 with 1827 viewsQPR1882

Thought his last minute save was as important
Green penalty save on 19:29 - Mar 1 with 1801 viewsRBlock

Green penalty save on 19:21 - Mar 1 by QPR1882

Thought he could have caught that to be fair. Aint seen it on tele but it looked a bit over dramatic IMO. Expecting to be proved wrong on tv tonight!
Green penalty save on 19:30 - Mar 1 with 1795 viewsloftboy

Green penalty save on 19:21 - Mar 1 by QPR1882

From where I was sat in the west paddock it looked like Dunne fairly won the ball, the Lino signalled a corner and McCormack didn't even appeal.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Green penalty save on 19:37 - Mar 1 with 1777 viewsTacticalR

Penalty save was a really good one as the shot was right in the corner.

Need to see the penalty incident again on Football League Show to see if it was a penalty.

Air hostess clique

Green penalty save on 19:40 - Mar 1 with 1772 viewskropotkin41

We really do have a very good goalkeeper!

Add that to the list of positives!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Green penalty save on 19:43 - Mar 1 with 1760 viewsHollowayRanger

looked a pen to me dunne never got the ball

green also did well to keep the save near to him so he could recover ball could easily have bounced out for a tap in

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Green penalty save on 19:54 - Mar 1 with 1721 viewsJuzzie

Having watched it when I got home, yes, it was a penalty but McCorrmick created it on purpose imo.
As Dunne went in for the challenge he was going to get the ball. I reckon McCorrmick knew this so toe-poked it forward. By doing so he was never going to get a shot in but knew that as Dunne had already committed to the challenge, he'd now never get the ball but the player instead.

He created the foul IMO.

A poor penalty kick but a great save though as Green went the right way.
Green penalty save on 20:16 - Mar 1 with 1677 viewsparker64

With the best will in the world Dunne's as slow as a carthorse on a one a one.

He created the foul - what on earth does that mean?
[Post edited 1 Mar 2014 20:17]
Login to get fewer ads

Green penalty save on 20:28 - Mar 1 with 1639 viewsHollowayRanger

Green penalty save on 20:16 - Mar 1 by parker64

With the best will in the world Dunne's as slow as a carthorse on a one a one.

He created the foul - what on earth does that mean?
[Post edited 1 Mar 2014 20:17]

the cheating rotter kicking the ball it shouldnt be allowed!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Green penalty save on 20:52 - Mar 1 with 1586 viewsAntti_Heinola

Green penalty save on 19:54 - Mar 1 by Juzzie

Having watched it when I got home, yes, it was a penalty but McCorrmick created it on purpose imo.
As Dunne went in for the challenge he was going to get the ball. I reckon McCorrmick knew this so toe-poked it forward. By doing so he was never going to get a shot in but knew that as Dunne had already committed to the challenge, he'd now never get the ball but the player instead.

He created the foul IMO.

A poor penalty kick but a great save though as Green went the right way.

So Player A comes in for a tackle, Player B stops him from taking the ball by kicking the ball, Player A kicks Player B because Player A has moved the ball?

I think, Juzzie, that's the definition of a foul! ;)

Bare bones.

Green penalty save on 20:58 - Mar 1 with 1558 viewsQPR1882

My tuppence worth is he touched the ball before the player. If you watch the replay from the refs point of view the ball changes direction and goes over the goal line.

The Lino ( who had a clear direct view ) gave a corner.

The ref ( who had an obstructed view ) gave a pen.

imo one of them guessed and i don't think it was the Lino

Still can't workout why none of our players made the ref speak to the Lino

Still makes no odds because he saved it.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2014 21:03]
Green penalty save on 20:58 - Mar 1 with 1557 viewsYorkRanger

Dunne played the ball (just) and the closest official with the best view (Lino) signalled for a corner.
Green penalty save on 21:03 - Mar 1 with 1529 viewsJuzzie

A striker should try an score, no? Mc Cormick knew he couldnt as Dunne would have got the ball so he toe poked it away knowing dunne would get him. That's what i mean by he created it.

watch it on tv later and hopefully you'll see what i mean..... or i'll just keep off the wine.
Green penalty save on 21:09 - Mar 1 with 1510 viewsAntti_Heinola

Green penalty save on 21:03 - Mar 1 by Juzzie

A striker should try an score, no? Mc Cormick knew he couldnt as Dunne would have got the ball so he toe poked it away knowing dunne would get him. That's what i mean by he created it.

watch it on tv later and hopefully you'll see what i mean..... or i'll just keep off the wine.

I know what you mean Juzzie, was just a funny description :)

Bare bones.

Green penalty save on 22:01 - Mar 1 with 1451 viewsBasingstokeR

Now I watched it back here...

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9191379/qpr-1-1-leeds

I think you're right and Dunne does get a feint touch on the ball first.
Green penalty save on 22:08 - Mar 1 with 1433 viewsDylanP

It was superb save. He got the ver lowest furthest point. it wasn't the best shot in history, but that doesn't negate what a great save it was.

At the time of the penalty, on TV, I thought it looked like a penalty. At the time, I thought the lino got it wrong in spite of the fact that he had the best view of it. However, watching the slow mo on TV afterwards it was clearly not a penalty, at least it shouldn't have been. Dunne gets in front of the striker and kicks the ball. Once he touches the ball he has possession. He does not touch the striker with his hands. He plays the ball and pushes it behind for a corner. To be fair to the ref, it was almost impossible for him to see that in real time from behind a tangle of legs and other players. Which is why it is strange that the ref made the decision to overrule the lino, when the lino clearly had a better view, and in this case the lino got it right.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Green penalty save on 02:35 - Mar 2 with 1310 viewsRangersAreBack

Deserves credit for a couple of splendid saves.
Green penalty save on 09:14 - Mar 2 with 1227 viewsstuartqpr

Superb penalty save. One of our most consistent performers all season
Green penalty save on 09:25 - Mar 2 with 1210 viewsTheBlob

Very good pen save,concentrated on the McCormack's foot and resisted the temptation to follow his look into the other corner.Did you see he explained to Dunne how the ball zipped up off the turf for the save at the end?If he's got a particular weakness it's showing too much far post to a forward getting in an effort across his body.Nearly conceded another one from the right.
But overall a very solid performance.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Green penalty save on 09:38 - Mar 2 with 1188 viewsscot1963

Green penalty save on 21:03 - Mar 1 by Juzzie

yes he did get the the ball and you see a lot of players these days 'creating' a foul so I understand exactly what you mean
[Post edited 2 Mar 2014 9:39]
Green penalty save on 09:44 - Mar 2 with 1167 viewssmegma

Green penalty save on 20:58 - Mar 1 by QPR1882

My tuppence worth is he touched the ball before the player. If you watch the replay from the refs point of view the ball changes direction and goes over the goal line.

The Lino ( who had a clear direct view ) gave a corner.

The ref ( who had an obstructed view ) gave a pen.

imo one of them guessed and i don't think it was the Lino

Still can't workout why none of our players made the ref speak to the Lino

Still makes no odds because he saved it.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2014 21:03]

As you point out, the refs view of the penalty was obstructed. So he guessed.

It wasnt the only time he guessed either. On 31 minutes Warnock clatterd Doyle in front of Q block. The referee gave the free kick following the linos flag. He then walked over, said something to Warnock, then carried on and checkled on Doyle. On seeing Doyles leg, was he marked or something, he then called Warnock back to him and gave him a yellow card !!!

Then on 92 minutes, Mowatt fouled Doyle with the referee nearby. The ref did not see the incident as tv shows he had his back to the incident. I wathced the replay on tv in the concourse as it happened. Foy firstly waved play on, then looked behind him and seeing Doyle laying prone on the floor then booked Mowatt. Another guess.
Green penalty save on 09:48 - Mar 2 with 1152 viewspeejaybee

Green penalty save on 09:38 - Mar 2 by scot1963

yes he did get the the ball and you see a lot of players these days 'creating' a foul so I understand exactly what you mean
[Post edited 2 Mar 2014 9:39]

In other words CHEATING.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Green penalty save on 10:07 - Mar 2 with 1116 viewsscot1963

Green penalty save on 09:48 - Mar 2 by peejaybee

In other words CHEATING.

exactly, but unfortunately it all seems acceptable in today's game and even frowned on and discussed at length by the pundits if a player fails to take the opportunity to hit the deck
Green penalty save on 10:31 - Mar 2 with 1085 viewsPunteR

Good keeper. Agree that he's been one of the most consistent players.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024