Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony 20:37 - Oct 19 with 41608 viewsJackbustard

One of his best games in Premier League today for me. Held the ball up well and brought players into play with his strength on the ball. Granted didn't get many chances as he was surrounded by 3 or 4 defenders most of them game but put I a good shift for me,

No doubt some will say he's shit because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken.
Bony on 23:07 - Oct 24 with 2077 viewsWarwickHunt

Bony on 23:03 - Oct 24 by Jackbustard

Was only a matter of time before he was to blame for tonight.

Needs quick ball. Didn't get it.

Let the f*ckwittery begin...
Bony on 23:07 - Oct 24 with 2073 viewsDr_Winston

Bony on 23:03 - Oct 24 by Jackbustard

Was only a matter of time before he was to blame for tonight.

Like day turning to night.

Should have done better with one he chested down in the first half. Had absolutely f*ck all else to work with.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony on 23:11 - Oct 24 with 2035 viewsPureRockFury

He could have at least 'worked up a sweat' to keep the masses happy, maybe by doing some circuit training down by the corner flag to pass the time whilst his colleagues flapped around like blindfolded muppets trying to do anything but pass to him.

Even the bad times were good.

Bony on 23:12 - Oct 24 with 2030 viewsBaker

We are Swansea City.

If Benteke, Lukaku or Ibrahimovic had signed for us, we'd end up breaking em.

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Bony on 23:14 - Oct 24 with 2007 viewsDarran

He'll end the season on 20 goals in all competitions.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bony on 23:17 - Oct 24 with 1979 viewsymaohyd

Bony on 07:12 - Oct 24 by ThaiJack

I guess in a video called: "All 31 goal by bony......" You will not see him laying off the ball for others to score.

I actually think Bony is fast, but it looks very effortless the way he runs.

He still has something to prove, and as he says himself in the interview he still needs to show more. Some people 's expectations to him are way high, and IF these people´s expectations had been met by Bony we now would be top 3 in the Premier league. I am sure there is a lot more in store from Bony.

It is not realistic to expect 1 goal pr match from him like he did in Holland, but if we need more goals from him he really needs better service, and Michu and Bony sometimes run for the same position which makes it ineffective and congested at times. This will get better I am sure.

I agree with your last paragraph that he needs better service. I made some points on Saturday on this thread before throwing my toys out of the pram because of personal abuse and promptly left (Once a diva..)

We aren't getting the best out of him at the moment, that's for sure. Is that MLS's fault, is it Bony's fault, ain't got a clue. I haven't looked at his goals for VA on you tube, however as it stands I don't see a player who is going to beat a defender with pace, crack a 30 yard volley in. I see a player who playing for a team who get the ball into the box early will cause a hell of a lot of disruption and given a opportunities, will have a decent ratio of goals per chance.

I've got to take you up on your comment though that he's fast! F*** me he slow. He isn't going to get on the end of a through ball from Michu playing deep, no chance.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Bony on 23:26 - Oct 24 with 1942 viewsDaithejack

Benteke, Lukaku or Ibrahimovic, We could have had all three of them up front for all the chances we created and it would'nt have made much difference, bottom line is we did'nt create much but we had done enough the game was won but for some reason certain players went bombing forward in injury time and gave the ball away instead of running down the clock, Bony wasn't one of them. Schoolboy error, its not pretty but its how you grind out results in europe. Laudrup must be f#%king livid.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2013 23:27]

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Bony on 23:29 - Oct 24 with 1930 viewsChief

Bony on 23:17 - Oct 24 by ymaohyd

I agree with your last paragraph that he needs better service. I made some points on Saturday on this thread before throwing my toys out of the pram because of personal abuse and promptly left (Once a diva..)

We aren't getting the best out of him at the moment, that's for sure. Is that MLS's fault, is it Bony's fault, ain't got a clue. I haven't looked at his goals for VA on you tube, however as it stands I don't see a player who is going to beat a defender with pace, crack a 30 yard volley in. I see a player who playing for a team who get the ball into the box early will cause a hell of a lot of disruption and given a opportunities, will have a decent ratio of goals per chance.

I've got to take you up on your comment though that he's fast! F*** me he slow. He isn't going to get on the end of a through ball from Michu playing deep, no chance.

i dunno what all the fuss is about. his performances since he joined us have been top draw

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

Bony on 23:31 - Oct 24 with 1916 viewsDarran

Bony on 23:29 - Oct 24 by Chief

i dunno what all the fuss is about. his performances since he joined us have been top draw

Drawer.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bony on 23:35 - Oct 24 with 1884 viewsChief

Bony on 23:31 - Oct 24 by Darran

Drawer.

indeed

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Bony on 23:35 - Oct 24 with 1879 viewsJackbustard

Our final ball was abysmal, our full backs and wingers couldn't cross for shit yet he gets shit for it.

He wasn't up to much tonight but Messi would struggle up top in that side tonight, one of the most frustrating performance in recent memory. Awful all round.
Bony on 23:40 - Oct 24 with 1859 viewslovejuicejack

Bony on 23:35 - Oct 24 by Jackbustard

Our final ball was abysmal, our full backs and wingers couldn't cross for shit yet he gets shit for it.

He wasn't up to much tonight but Messi would struggle up top in that side tonight, one of the most frustrating performance in recent memory. Awful all round.

Even Taylor said there is something missing from the performances .. what is up with us at the moment,we are capable of so much better
Bony on 23:43 - Oct 24 with 1854 viewsymaohyd

Bony on 23:35 - Oct 24 by Jackbustard

Fair comments. I can remember him missing one chance and that's about it. I thing he is, as he proved in Holland a natural goal scorer. As it stands though, 12 mil for a player and we play completely opposite to his strengths.

I would rather him do f*** all and give 100% in and around the box. Spending energy dropping deep to lay a simple ball off is pointless.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Bony on 03:29 - Oct 25 with 1762 viewsBryncochInn

I think people find it hard to admit that we've spent nearly 13m on a player who isn't performing very well. He isn't getting service but why has Laudrup signed a player who does not fit into the side. Did Michu not score or play well last season when he was playing up front?
Bony on 07:28 - Oct 25 with 1695 viewsNOTRAC

His contributions in the Premiership so far have been as follows
Man Utd Came on as sub.Scored
Spurs. Came on as sub.
West brom.Started .subbed.
Liverpool Started.subbed
Crystal Palace. Subs bench .Didn't play
Arsenal. Came on as sub.
Southampton.Played throughout
Sunderland.Started.Scored penalty.subbed
In other words in eight Premier League matches he has only played one full game.
And people on here say that they are happy?

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Bony on 07:31 - Oct 25 with 1685 viewsBig_Unit

Bony on 03:29 - Oct 25 by BryncochInn

I think people find it hard to admit that we've spent nearly 13m on a player who isn't performing very well. He isn't getting service but why has Laudrup signed a player who does not fit into the side. Did Michu not score or play well last season when he was playing up front?

Michu's goalscoring record dropped off towards the end of last season when he was playing up front. No service=no goals
Bony on 07:47 - Oct 25 with 1656 viewsDr_Winston

Bony on 07:31 - Oct 25 by Big_Unit

Michu's goalscoring record dropped off towards the end of last season when he was playing up front. No service=no goals

Exactaf*ckingmundo.

What makes the situation worse when Michu is upfront is that he doesn't at least have Michu behind him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony on 08:16 - Oct 25 with 1624 viewswr72

Maybe we need a AM to provide the service to our other AM who plays up front occasionally.Pozuelu maybe,who was awful last night and doesn't know what his role is.
Bony on 08:19 - Oct 25 with 1616 viewsblaine_scfc

Bony on 07:47 - Oct 25 by Dr_Winston

Exactaf*ckingmundo.

What makes the situation worse when Michu is upfront is that he doesn't at least have Michu behind him.

Absolutely spot on. Completely isolated up there with no one creating chances. If you look at the video of Bony everyone was creaming over when he first signed, pretty much all of the goals he scored there, wouldn't be possible here, because quick ball is non existent, lives with his back to goal.
Bony on 08:21 - Oct 25 with 1613 viewsDr_Winston

Bony on 08:19 - Oct 25 by blaine_scfc

Absolutely spot on. Completely isolated up there with no one creating chances. If you look at the video of Bony everyone was creaming over when he first signed, pretty much all of the goals he scored there, wouldn't be possible here, because quick ball is non existent, lives with his back to goal.

But we're capable of providing it. That's the frustrating thing.

Bony on 08:30 - Oct 25 with 1607 viewsnumbers123

Bony on 09:36 - Oct 23 by waynekerr55

Egg - forking - zactly

Let's have a front 2 of Schecter and Torpey. They ran around a lot.

I also can't exactly remember Lord Lee running around and getting a sweat on either

lets be honest though a striker that makes different runs, creates space for attacking midfielders to get into goal scoring positions e.g michu, which bony doesnt do.

Most of his goals that ive seen from last year were a lot of headers and poaching on mistakes from defenders. We dont cross the ball that much and when we do its genuinly poor service, and there arnt as many mistakes from defenders in the prem as in holland.

Id love for him to get a winning goal at some point to boost his confidence, because we could see a different player then.
Bony on 08:40 - Oct 25 with 1587 viewsmonmouth

I reckon we're just off the pace as a team at the moment. No real point in picking individuals; just about every one of them is very hit or miss throughout the game. We could easily cope if it were just one or two players having bad spells, but when just about everybody is inconsistent throughout 90 minutes, we need a bit of luck. Against StG we got it, last night we didn't.

We'll see what the team and ML is really made of now, as some people need to lead us back on the path. Ash can't get back soon enough for me....and Leon simply has to play the next two PL games.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bony on 09:11 - Oct 25 with 1553 viewsperchrockjack

Who decides if a poster shouldnt be allowed to type.
Frankly, Im still struggling with"fast" and Bony in the same sentence. If he s the ulcrum of the team why is now LAUDRUP subbing im for a guy who is much quicker butas his record suggests is not a prolific scorer.

Still, the fact we re allowed to pass comment is a relief.

Michu again the main man. Defending too deep? Frankly I d rather the ball be with him as he s the only the only one in the squad who is skilful, motivated and brave enough to do what he s paid to.

Still , I ll take the positives

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Bony on 09:24 - Oct 25 with 1524 viewsLeonisGod

Bony on 23:07 - Oct 24 by WarwickHunt

Needs quick ball. Didn't get it.

Let the f*ckwittery begin...

I can't see how he could use a quick ball. He doesn't play on the shoulder of the last defender or work the channels so he can't use a quick ball. Any quick balls that are fired into him to hold up 9/10 bounce off him. He's best high up the pitch where his strength causes CBs problems in the box. And his little combos with pozuelo and Michu are pretty good.

I reckon he would have suited Brendas team better when we had more possession and played a slower build-up.

We looked a better team without him (and especially Tiendalli) last night, unfortunately.
Bony on 09:29 - Oct 25 with 1502 views_

Bony on 08:40 - Oct 25 by monmouth

I reckon we're just off the pace as a team at the moment. No real point in picking individuals; just about every one of them is very hit or miss throughout the game. We could easily cope if it were just one or two players having bad spells, but when just about everybody is inconsistent throughout 90 minutes, we need a bit of luck. Against StG we got it, last night we didn't.

We'll see what the team and ML is really made of now, as some people need to lead us back on the path. Ash can't get back soon enough for me....and Leon simply has to play the next two PL games.

Yeah, maybe, however I for one am over the moon with Jordi Amat and the way he's playing himself into our team.

I wouldn't worry about the Swans and don't get the mini hysteria that's being whipped up. We're sitting comfortably towards the top half of the Prem, especially after a tricky start, we're at the top of our group in Europe, although to not see it out last night was criminal, and we've still got a largely inexperienced squad that's still knitting together.

Whether we appreciate the fact that there's no easy games is another thing. Sunderland being bottom of the league doesn't guarantee a stroll in the park, even though it was in the end and neither will "expected wins" in Europe. We will always be up against finely tuned professionals who's sheer job is to disrupt our style and fight against us.

In the pro game especially we have to respect the opponents we're up against.

Last night for me we were lethargic however and the atmosphere played a huge part. When you're a 'squad' player perhaps coming into the side after a spell where you're not picked for the bigger games will always be tough. If we kept the same starting XI for the next 6 matches we'd see more fluidity but that's not an option for us with our commitments in Europe. We simply have to rotate and that's not going to be easy.

Personally, i wouldn't play Michu in the next Europa game, I'm guessing he tells Laudrup he wants to play every game so he picks him. I'd just like to see how a Swans team would perform without him, especially when we're playing a squad team. He's got a tendency more and more to wander all around the pitch,isolate Bony and chuck a few tantrums around.i love Michu and he's scored again for us last night but sometimes we may play more like a team in the middle top without him, it's certainly worth having a look anyway.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024