Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears 08:54 - Sep 13 with 8282 viewsKonk

In W12, the crowds are gathering, there’s a buzz of expectation in the air. Those old enough to remember the long-anticipated visits of Matthews, Finney, Greaves or Haynes will recognise the palpable sense of excitement as the wait is almost over.

Unfortunately I’ll be a couple of miles away watching Dimitar Berbatov wander around the Craven Cottage centre circle, miming a man engaged in an epic strop, but I would dearly love to be at Loftus Road to witness the phenomenal talent and finesse of the Blyth Beanpole, the Blyth Barrier, the Great Wall of Blyth, the man known simply as Big Dan Burn. Don’t forget to get there early to watch him warming-up and to give yourself a chance of bagging the future England captain’s autograph for the grandkids. I'm putting £3 on a clean sheet for Blues. Lump on. Fill your boots. None shall pass.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears on 19:03 - Sep 13 with 2396 viewsTW_R

Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears on 10:53 - Sep 13 by Konk

On the contrary, Blob. You’ll be shaking your head when you see what this boy can do. He’s unbreachable. I can see the headlines now:

THE TOWERING IN-FORM-BURNO

QPR’S PROMOTION CHARGE HALTED BY THE COLOSSUS OF BLYTH

BURN, BABY, BURN, BIG DAN’S ON FIRE

Hasn't he been at the heart of a Birmingham defence that has conceded 7 goals in the last 3 games?

I certainly hope he stays as in-form as that tomorrow. He's going to look bloody useless when he's out of form!
Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears on 20:23 - Sep 13 with 2361 viewsMrSheen

He'll need to move to a better club than Fulham if he wants to play for England. Ask Paul Parker.
Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears on 00:55 - Sep 15 with 2274 viewsWatford_Ranger

He's bloody massive and wins just about everything in the air but is probably the only centre-half who will get outpaced by Zamora all season. When the two of them and Paul Robinson chased a ball in the first half I had time to get a pie downstairs while they crawled in unison.
Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears on 09:30 - Sep 15 with 2173 viewsLblock

A typical lower league player this fella

Not impressed

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears on 09:32 - Sep 15 with 2167 viewsloftboy

Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears on 09:30 - Sep 15 by Lblock

Not impressed

Yep, i thought he would be a major threat at corners etc, was a gangly bang average player. Did have a chuckle when SWP jumped for a header with him.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears on 09:43 - Sep 15 with 2152 viewsNortholt_Rs

Kok

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears on 10:01 - Sep 15 with 2122 viewsTW_R

Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears on 09:30 - Sep 15 by Lblock

Not impressed

He made a great rugby tackle on Austin in the 2nd half.
Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears on 18:04 - Sep 15 with 2024 viewsTacticalR

I thought he was ok. I noticed him early on in the match when he carried the ball forward. I am surprised Birmingham didn't make more use of him and some of their other tall players on set pieces. He looked knackered at the end of the match when got caught out, outpaced and rugby-tackled his man.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears on 19:28 - Sep 15 with 1962 viewswombat

Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears on 18:04 - Sep 15 by TacticalR

I thought he was ok. I noticed him early on in the match when he carried the ball forward. I am surprised Birmingham didn't make more use of him and some of their other tall players on set pieces. He looked knackered at the end of the match when got caught out, outpaced and rugby-tackled his man.

A player who is slower than the legend BOB Malcolm . Huge guy but lower league football awaits him. I'm sorry to say

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears on 09:29 - Sep 16 with 1869 viewsKonk

Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears on 20:23 - Sep 13 by MrSheen

He'll need to move to a better club than Fulham if he wants to play for England. Ask Paul Parker.

Ouch. England only ever win the World Cup with a Fulham player in the side. This is a fact that continues to be overlooked by England managers who should know better (i.e. Roy the Boy, Kevin Keegan and Bobby Robson — although he did select Parker, possibly not realising that he’d left the Cottage by this point).

So, from reading through people’s comments, the general consensus seems to be that Big Dan probably needs a dozen or so more games under his belt before he can be considered for the England captaincy?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears on 09:44 - Sep 16 with 1864 viewsjonno

Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears on 09:29 - Sep 16 by Konk

Ouch. England only ever win the World Cup with a Fulham player in the side. This is a fact that continues to be overlooked by England managers who should know better (i.e. Roy the Boy, Kevin Keegan and Bobby Robson — although he did select Parker, possibly not realising that he’d left the Cottage by this point).

So, from reading through people’s comments, the general consensus seems to be that Big Dan probably needs a dozen or so more games under his belt before he can be considered for the England captaincy?

When you consider some of the players who have played for England - even our very own SWP - I can't see why he can't get a game right now.
Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears on 09:45 - Sep 16 with 1863 viewsTacticalR

Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears on 09:29 - Sep 16 by Konk

If he replaces Terry he can come in this afternoon.

Air hostess clique

Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears on 10:13 - Sep 16 with 1829 viewssmegma

Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears on 13:37 - Sep 13 by Konk

What the fu ck’s wrong with glitter? There's not a piece of art in the world that couldn't be improved with some copydex glue and a generous sprinkling of glitter. And that's the truth.

Glitter is up there with sand as things that should be banned from kids craft boxes. Gets everywhere and is almost impossible to pick without an industrial strength vacuum cleaner.

Glue on the other hand did me no harm when I was a teenager.
Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears on 10:24 - Sep 16 with 1817 viewsJuzzie

To be honest Konk, I never really noticed him, didn't seem anything special. But then our service to the guys upfront was pretty poor so maybe not much opportunity for him to do his stuff.
He was put forward at set pieces (which Birmingham seemed to get a lot of through their antics) but never really threatened.
Rampant giddiness and pant-wetting hysteria in W12 as the arrival nears on 11:37 - Sep 16 with 1783 viewsBQPR

Runs like a flamingo in a gorilla suit
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024