Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash 17:00 - Aug 3 with 14620 viewsLord_Bony

Arsenal are stepping up their efforts for Swansea City defender Ashley Williams.

The Daily Mail says Arsenal have intensified attempts to sign Williams to ease their defensive injury crisis.

Manager Arsene Wenger had the Wales central defender watched by a senior scout during Swansea’s Europa League clash against Malmo on Thursday.

They remain in talks with Swansea over their skipper, but have so far refused to meet their £10m valuation."

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:03 - Aug 3 with 7911 viewsDarran

Well if someone at our club has told Arsenal they can have him for £10million they should be booted out immediately.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:03 - Aug 3 with 7911 viewsraynor94

Yeah, but it`s the Mail!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:08 - Aug 3 with 7879 viewsLord_Bony

Well that waenkeer Wenger won t give up.

Reckon it will go to the line on August 31st for a yes or no.

Still a possibility unfortunatley.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:12 - Aug 3 with 7862 viewspencoedjack

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:08 - Aug 3 by Lord_Bony

Well that waenkeer Wenger won t give up.

Reckon it will go to the line on August 31st for a yes or no.

Still a possibility unfortunatley.

Not a chance

Laudrup stated mid week that we would not sell towards end of transfer window & I believe him.

I thought we said 12 million not 10, as its Arsenal and they are desperate (and we don't need to sell) I would up the price as well.

But I hope Captain Marvel stays
Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:20 - Aug 3 with 7825 viewsPlasticman

Since our season already started now, and any replacements we would have to get doesn't get to be part of pre-season training: I would say we should tell any suitors for any of the players we are expecting to use during the season to take a hike.

We have some fine players that are surplus they can look at if they are desperate to sign something, but we shouldn't let any of the players go that Laudrup deems worthy enough to put on the team roster during our season.

We don't need the money as our team is practially 'finished' as far as recruitments for the season goes, and we certainly don't need the hassle and tassle finding and bedding in a replacement without pre-season gives us. Especially in a crucial spot as CB.

Plastic since 2012

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:23 - Aug 3 with 7808 viewsDafyddHuw

To quote one of our mods - "Fück 'em".

Who'd we get as good as Ash for £10m anyway?
Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:23 - Aug 3 with 7803 viewsJoe_bradshaw

"remain in talks"
I don't believe we've had any talks with Arsenal about Ash.

Ash is cup-tied for Arsenal's play-off for the Champion's League and will be cup-tied for the group stages if we reach the group stages of the Europa League which makes it even less likely.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:25 - Aug 3 with 7778 viewsDr_Winston

The closer to the end of the window the higher the price. Say, an additional £2m per week?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:27 - Aug 3 with 7762 viewsBelfast

As i said, why would they watch him ?
Idiots.
If they don't know about him now ....

Cash in HJ.

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:30 - Aug 3 with 7742 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup's undoubtedly got a replacement in mind anyway. He'd have had to before he asked his mate Bayram to tout Ash around earlier in the summer.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:31 - Aug 3 with 7736 viewsLord_Bony

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:23 - Aug 3 by Joe_bradshaw

"remain in talks"
I don't believe we've had any talks with Arsenal about Ash.

Ash is cup-tied for Arsenal's play-off for the Champion's League and will be cup-tied for the group stages if we reach the group stages of the Europa League which makes it even less likely.

Don t forget they got a big war chest and could easily come up with the cash if needed.

At the moment they're just sniffing for a low price but it could become serious money offered at the end of August if they really want him.

What if he says he wants to go? Not a lot we can do.

I really hope it does nt come to that but just saying like,it is a possibility.

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:34 - Aug 3 with 7714 viewsheadcleaner

the club has already stated that they have had NO offer for Williams and I have no reason to disbelieve them especially as its only the rags that seem obsessed with this move. dont believe it at all just like the laudrup is off drivvel they seemed intent on during close season and what happened with that rumor?
Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:36 - Aug 3 with 7691 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Both ML and HJ have stated that we will not sell late in the window. I'm sure that has been pointed out to the players.

Of course it's possible that they may offer big money late in the day but that doesn't make much sense from Arsenal's point of view. Why offer crazy money for a European cup-tied player at the last minute?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:38 - Aug 3 with 7674 viewsDavillin

What I don't understand is that Laudrup keeps repeating that no club has approached the Swans for any player. As late as yesterday.

I'll believe him before all of the "rumours to increase circulation" bullsh!tting rags combined.

I admit that I could be wrong, but I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:38 - Aug 3 with 7674 viewsWatchman

Ash is Capt, our season has started and Wenger will not want to be involved in an auction. The club is minted, we do not have to sell £20m+.

The longer Chico is injured the better also
[Post edited 3 Aug 2013 17:47]

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:47 - Aug 3 with 7604 viewsW_Hunt

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:38 - Aug 3 by Watchman

Ash is Capt, our season has started and Wenger will not want to be involved in an auction. The club is minted, we do not have to sell £20m+.

The longer Chico is injured the better also
[Post edited 3 Aug 2013 17:47]

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth...

£10m and he's gone. Great player but great business at that price.
Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:51 - Aug 3 with 7563 viewsjack_obs

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:47 - Aug 3 by W_Hunt

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth...

£10m and he's gone. Great player but great business at that price.

If Caulker is worthy of a £9m fee then Ash has to be worth £15m given his performances in the Prem and the fact he hardly misses a game. The sooner Sept comes the better.
Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:54 - Aug 3 with 7537 viewsW_Hunt

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:51 - Aug 3 by jack_obs

If Caulker is worthy of a £9m fee then Ash has to be worth £15m given his performances in the Prem and the fact he hardly misses a game. The sooner Sept comes the better.

He's 29, you plum.
Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:58 - Aug 3 with 7507 viewsDr_Winston

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:54 - Aug 3 by W_Hunt

He's 29, you plum.

He's 29 and not exactly prone to injury. Easily another 4/5 years left in him at the top level yet, especially since his game isn't exactly based on pace anyway.

An offer of around £10m early in the window would probably have been enough. The further through August we go then I don't think the club would be unreasonable to demand more than that. Worse players have gone for a lot more.

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 18:05 - Aug 3 with 7464 viewsWatchman

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:51 - Aug 3 by jack_obs

Reckon Aug 11th is the deadline after which we would not sell

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 18:09 - Aug 3 with 7415 viewsWatchman

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:54 - Aug 3 by W_Hunt

He's 29, you plum.

Yep and in his prime

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 18:09 - Aug 3 with 7414 viewsW_Hunt

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 17:58 - Aug 3 by Dr_Winston

He's 29 and not exactly prone to injury. Easily another 4/5 years left in him at the top level yet, especially since his game isn't exactly based on pace anyway.

An offer of around £10m early in the window would probably have been enough. The further through August we go then I don't think the club would be unreasonable to demand more than that. Worse players have gone for a lot more.

I'd say more like 2 or 3, but part of my response was to comparing him with a 21 year old's market value.

It sounds like we're valuing him at £10m which is a price that suits us.
Agree that we should tell Wenger to sh1t or get off the pot though.
Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 18:15 - Aug 3 with 7359 viewsW_Hunt

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 18:09 - Aug 3 by Watchman

Yep and in his prime

Aye - worth £10m now and 10 bob in two year's time...
Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 18:19 - Aug 3 with 7322 viewsWatchman

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 18:15 - Aug 3 by W_Hunt

Aye - worth £10m now and 10 bob in two year's time...

Supply and demand fella! we have one thing that there is a distinct lack of and that is a British footballing Centre Half. £££££££ kerching

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 18:22 - Aug 3 with 7303 viewsW_Hunt

Arsenal renew pressure to sign Ash on 18:19 - Aug 3 by Watchman

Supply and demand fella! we have one thing that there is a distinct lack of and that is a British footballing Centre Half. £££££££ kerching

And your point is?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024