Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? 20:43 - Jul 16 with 13798 viewsGloryHunter

Weather's getting me down now. We were promised vineyards, sunflowers, siestas, the lot. I even had to turn the heating on last night - in July! And don't tell me it's all explained by the "man-made climate change" theory, because it bloody well isn't. The mad greenies told us 20 years ago we'd be frying by now, and they were WRONG. So how come we actually have a Government department of "Energy and CLIMATE CHANGE"? Has there ever before been a government department based on a complete myth - like the department for slaying dragons and unicorns, for example?
When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 20:45 - Jul 16 with 3585 viewsloftboy

It's a tax raising load of bollocks, always has been.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 20:56 - Jul 16 with 3560 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

GW = more energy in atmosphere = weirder weather

(or so I'm told. We all believe whatever we want to believe)

It's got to be Yarg

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 21:03 - Jul 16 with 3540 viewsLimehouseR

Forget global warming... Think, climate change.
The recent WEATHER is just to do with the Jet Stream being off its normal pattern.
Climate change is something that has always happened. It's only that humans have now begun to effect it in addition to its natural changes...

Anyway...

This message board gets into a pretty 'heated' debate so I'll leave you guys to it!
When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 22:37 - Jul 16 with 3488 viewsWokingR

Tomorrow - Enjoy it though because it's going to rain again Wednesday
When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 22:57 - Jul 16 with 3470 viewsGloryHunter

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 21:03 - Jul 16 by LimehouseR

Forget global warming... Think, climate change.
The recent WEATHER is just to do with the Jet Stream being off its normal pattern.
Climate change is something that has always happened. It's only that humans have now begun to effect it in addition to its natural changes...

Anyway...

This message board gets into a pretty 'heated' debate so I'll leave you guys to it!

Exactly. Whatever the weather, someone will claim that it's statistically unusual, and blame it on "man-made climate change".
When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:00 - Jul 16 with 3463 viewsCiderwithRsie

My late father in law was a biologist and interested in this 30 years ago and left a pile of books all written at least 20 years back. They all said
[a] the world's climate would get hotter - which it has. By "the world" I mean the world and not England BTW
that there would be melting of ice caps. Which there has been e.g. the Larsen B some years back
[c] weather conditions would get more unpredictable and extreme - more hurricanes, possible effects on the gulf stream [which incidentally is the thing that stops our climate from being the same as Newfoundland], droughts some places, floods in others. All of which not only has happened but in the case of the floods is happening in Britain this year.

I knew none of this when those books were published but they were bloody right in just about every respect. Yet blokes like you keep coming out with this guff and saying its not proved. Since everything those books said would happen HAS happened I'm not interested in whether it can be proved any more, I want to see someone prove its NOT happening.

Climate change is climate change i.e. the climate is not what it used to be. This summer and the last two cold dry winters are quite unlike the climate of this country when I was a kid. That is what change means. That is why there is a department of climate change. Because the efffing climate has changed. Not might change, not will change; it has changed. Most people can come up with the sort of crap you can because they don't spend every day outside - you ought to try it.

I do spend every day outside. I'm a gardener by profession and I'm telling you that the plants you can grow in this country now and the way you have to treat them are not the same as they were 20 years ago. Thats not a myth its a fact of life.
When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:02 - Jul 16 with 3461 viewsGloryHunter

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:00 - Jul 16 by CiderwithRsie

My late father in law was a biologist and interested in this 30 years ago and left a pile of books all written at least 20 years back. They all said
[a] the world's climate would get hotter - which it has. By "the world" I mean the world and not England BTW
that there would be melting of ice caps. Which there has been e.g. the Larsen B some years back
[c] weather conditions would get more unpredictable and extreme - more hurricanes, possible effects on the gulf stream [which incidentally is the thing that stops our climate from being the same as Newfoundland], droughts some places, floods in others. All of which not only has happened but in the case of the floods is happening in Britain this year.

I knew none of this when those books were published but they were bloody right in just about every respect. Yet blokes like you keep coming out with this guff and saying its not proved. Since everything those books said would happen HAS happened I'm not interested in whether it can be proved any more, I want to see someone prove its NOT happening.

Climate change is climate change i.e. the climate is not what it used to be. This summer and the last two cold dry winters are quite unlike the climate of this country when I was a kid. That is what change means. That is why there is a department of climate change. Because the efffing climate has changed. Not might change, not will change; it has changed. Most people can come up with the sort of crap you can because they don't spend every day outside - you ought to try it.

I do spend every day outside. I'm a gardener by profession and I'm telling you that the plants you can grow in this country now and the way you have to treat them are not the same as they were 20 years ago. Thats not a myth its a fact of life.

And where's the proof that this caused by "blokes like me" driving to work?
When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:05 - Jul 16 with 3453 viewsLewes_r

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:00 - Jul 16 by CiderwithRsie

Great post but makes far too much sense for this message board.. Dont waste your energy

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Login to get fewer ads

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:05 - Jul 16 with 3452 viewsWatford_Ranger

There's no doubt the climate is changing but, imo, it's 99.9% natural and accelerated by the 0.1% by what we do. We're still on the way out of an ice age, sort of.
When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:13 - Jul 16 with 3438 viewsTheBlob

Poll: So how was the season for you?

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:17 - Jul 16 with 3434 viewsCiderwithRsie

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:05 - Jul 16 by Watford_Ranger

There's no doubt the climate is changing but, imo, it's 99.9% natural and accelerated by the 0.1% by what we do. We're still on the way out of an ice age, sort of.

Well, that's the way its gone Watford. First it was "there's no climate change." Then it was "there is a bit of climate change but it's nothing serious and it might be a good thing because we can all grow bananas>" Now it's "OK its a bit of a problem but it's all natural and so you can't do anything about it." Next it'l be "OK it's not natural but it's too late to do anything about it because we spent fifty years denying it was happening or denying it mattered or denying we caused it. Sorry about that but so it goes. Shame 'cos it used to be a nice little planet. Have you thought of moving to Mars?"

I'm not a scientist but all I'll say is that those science books weren't based on what has happened, because most of it it hadn't happened then. They just said that if we carried on shoving crap into the atmosphere this would happen. And, as you admit, it has. Of course its possible that something else has, quite coincidentally, had exactly the same effect. So let's see someone prove THAT then, eh? At every step the man-made-warming boys have been told to give us proof. If we're going to assume it's something else, lets see the "something else" brigade come up with proof for their ideas.

The last big "something else" idea was sunspot activity. Which has been conclusively proved to be irrelevant.
When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:22 - Jul 16 with 3430 viewsTheBlob

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:17 - Jul 16 by CiderwithRsie

Well, that's the way its gone Watford. First it was "there's no climate change." Then it was "there is a bit of climate change but it's nothing serious and it might be a good thing because we can all grow bananas>" Now it's "OK its a bit of a problem but it's all natural and so you can't do anything about it." Next it'l be "OK it's not natural but it's too late to do anything about it because we spent fifty years denying it was happening or denying it mattered or denying we caused it. Sorry about that but so it goes. Shame 'cos it used to be a nice little planet. Have you thought of moving to Mars?"

I'm not a scientist but all I'll say is that those science books weren't based on what has happened, because most of it it hadn't happened then. They just said that if we carried on shoving crap into the atmosphere this would happen. And, as you admit, it has. Of course its possible that something else has, quite coincidentally, had exactly the same effect. So let's see someone prove THAT then, eh? At every step the man-made-warming boys have been told to give us proof. If we're going to assume it's something else, lets see the "something else" brigade come up with proof for their ideas.

The last big "something else" idea was sunspot activity. Which has been conclusively proved to be irrelevant.

Symptoms v causes.Nice bit of smoke and mirrors.
Concentrate on population levels.
Mars used to be nice once btw.Then Health and Safety naused everything up.

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:25 - Jul 16 with 3428 viewsTheBlob

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:17 - Jul 16 by CiderwithRsie

The last big "something else" idea was sunspot activity. Which has been conclusively proved to be irrelevant

And where exactly was thsi proven pray tell?Specifically the Maunder Minimum?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:26 - Jul 16 with 3424 viewsCiderwithRsie

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:02 - Jul 16 by GloryHunter

And where's the proof that this caused by "blokes like me" driving to work?

Read this bit of my post:

"Yet blokes like you keep coming out with this guff and saying its not proved. Since everything those books said would happen HAS happened I'm not interested in whether it can be proved any more, I want to see someone prove its NOT happening."

The same goes for proving that it's not caused by exactly what those old scientists - who said it so long ago that some of them are dead by now BTW - said would happen if a couple of billion more blokes like you started driving to work. Which they have.
When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:28 - Jul 16 with 3422 viewsTheBlob

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:26 - Jul 16 by CiderwithRsie

Read this bit of my post:

"Yet blokes like you keep coming out with this guff and saying its not proved. Since everything those books said would happen HAS happened I'm not interested in whether it can be proved any more, I want to see someone prove its NOT happening."

The same goes for proving that it's not caused by exactly what those old scientists - who said it so long ago that some of them are dead by now BTW - said would happen if a couple of billion more blokes like you started driving to work. Which they have.

Just goes to show you can't believe everything you read in books.Like The Bible.

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:38 - Jul 16 with 3407 viewsCiderwithRsie

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:25 - Jul 16 by TheBlob

The last big "something else" idea was sunspot activity. Which has been conclusively proved to be irrelevant

And where exactly was thsi proven pray tell?Specifically the Maunder Minimum?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

In MIke Lockwood: "Recent changes in solar outputs and the global mean surface temperature. III. Analysis of contributions to global mean air surface temperature rise"

Showed conclusively that if anything solar activity should have caused a reduction in temperatures in recent years.

End of.
When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:42 - Jul 16 with 3403 viewsTheBlob

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:38 - Jul 16 by CiderwithRsie

In MIke Lockwood: "Recent changes in solar outputs and the global mean surface temperature. III. Analysis of contributions to global mean air surface temperature rise"

Showed conclusively that if anything solar activity should have caused a reduction in temperatures in recent years.

End of.

Lockwood?Bent as a nine bob note.Funded by interested parties.

End of.

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:48 - Jul 16 with 3396 viewsCHUBBS

A natural phenomena that elitests have piggy backed on to create new ways of steeling our money.Al Gore has his filthy fingers in every green corporation you could think of and will make the equivelant of Greece' deficit over the next decade.
When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:50 - Jul 16 with 3391 viewsCHUBBS

Here's an interesting view.
When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:51 - Jul 16 with 3393 viewsCiderwithRsie

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:42 - Jul 16 by TheBlob

Lockwood?Bent as a nine bob note.Funded by interested parties.

End of.

Hey Blob, I get a good laugh out of 90% of what you post on here so I'm not going to get into a fight with you, but you're not taking in what I'm saying.

I'm not trying to convince you of man-made global warming. What's the point if you don't believe thousands of proper qualified scientists and are happy to dismiss them as bent? I've said it at least twice - it's happening, so you prove to me it's not caused by man. I don't need to prove anything - there already is a department of climate change. More importantly, the Chinese accept it and are acting accordingly.
When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:56 - Jul 16 with 3382 viewsTheBlob

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:51 - Jul 16 by CiderwithRsie

Hey Blob, I get a good laugh out of 90% of what you post on here so I'm not going to get into a fight with you, but you're not taking in what I'm saying.

I'm not trying to convince you of man-made global warming. What's the point if you don't believe thousands of proper qualified scientists and are happy to dismiss them as bent? I've said it at least twice - it's happening, so you prove to me it's not caused by man. I don't need to prove anything - there already is a department of climate change. More importantly, the Chinese accept it and are acting accordingly.

But the burden of proof is on your shoulders being the Prosecution.Innocent until proven guilty in my case.
Those "scientists" are so crooked,when they die they''ll have to screw them into the ground.
I'll reiterate.Stop concentrating on the symptoms.Once you address the population problem all of your "symptoms" will be alleviated.

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 00:00 - Jul 17 with 3378 viewsconnell10

We are past the tipping point and everyone is just to scared to admit it! the climate is defo changing around the world and i think mankind is making this happen at a faster rate than nature can keep with! so stick your head in the sand and keep telling yourself everything is ok but when the water starts lapping under your door it wont be no use crying to me because ill be off to mars! dam just by using my computer to send this rant ive added to green house gasses! BOOLOX!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 00:03 - Jul 17 with 3376 viewsTheBlob

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 00:00 - Jul 17 by connell10

We are past the tipping point and everyone is just to scared to admit it! the climate is defo changing around the world and i think mankind is making this happen at a faster rate than nature can keep with! so stick your head in the sand and keep telling yourself everything is ok but when the water starts lapping under your door it wont be no use crying to me because ill be off to mars! dam just by using my computer to send this rant ive added to green house gasses! BOOLOX!

Mars.Too much f*cking sand.Gets everywhere.Especially on your helmet.

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 00:08 - Jul 17 with 3369 viewsconnell10

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 00:03 - Jul 17 by TheBlob

Mars.Too much f*cking sand.Gets everywhere.Especially on your helmet.

oh well ill take me skis and go to pluto instead, i love a disney film as well so ill be quids in!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 00:08 - Jul 17 with 3368 viewsCiderwithRsie

When's this Global Warming supposed to be happening? on 23:56 - Jul 16 by TheBlob

But the burden of proof is on your shoulders being the Prosecution.Innocent until proven guilty in my case.
Those "scientists" are so crooked,when they die they''ll have to screw them into the ground.
I'll reiterate.Stop concentrating on the symptoms.Once you address the population problem all of your "symptoms" will be alleviated.

"Stop concentrating on the symptoms.Once you address the population problem all of your "symptoms" will be alleviated."

Now you're just saying stuff I agree with to annoy me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024