Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Davies turns down the Swans 16:22 - Jun 15 with 4371 viewsKeithHaynes

Oh well.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Davies turns down the Swans on 21:38 - Jun 15 with 1215 viewsguthrieintherain

Davies turns down the Swans on 21:12 - Jun 15 by sw02sea

Supposedly, he wanted to take his first step into management.
I honestly think if this debacle of Martin going, had been resolved earlier, before the option of Ange Postecoglou and Rogers came into the equation, he would seriously thought about coming here as manager.

Maybe but it was well known that Postecoglou was off at the end of the season and Brendan would get a big job as well.

So may have hung on to see what was about.

No big loss for me anyway we need some experience with a big rebuild needed.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2023 21:44]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Davies turns down the Swans on 22:32 - Jun 15 with 1092 viewsmax936

Once Spurs showed an interest, it was only gonna be a matter of time, maybe new Spurs manager Ange Postecoglou has heard good things about Davies at Celtic and decided that he was the man he wanted at No2?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Davies turns down the Swans on 10:09 - Jun 16 with 909 viewsBadlands

Timing may have played a part but if he walks away from an offer from a club that gives its managers time then he was obviously not ready.
The Spurs jobs will give him more koney and a chance to further develop his talents. Had he come here and failed it would have been difficult finding another managerial post or go back to his coaching role.
THH had he not been associated with Rodgers and us in the past I doubt he would have garnered so much interest.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2023 10:11]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Davies turns down the Swans on 15:31 - Jun 16 with 755 viewsReslovenSwan1

Davies turns down the Swans on 10:09 - Jun 16 by Badlands

Timing may have played a part but if he walks away from an offer from a club that gives its managers time then he was obviously not ready.
The Spurs jobs will give him more koney and a chance to further develop his talents. Had he come here and failed it would have been difficult finding another managerial post or go back to his coaching role.
THH had he not been associated with Rodgers and us in the past I doubt he would have garnered so much interest.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2023 10:11]

Almost all young managers of Swansea move on the bigger and better things. Laudrup did not but got a big payday in Arabia.

Guidolin was the 'goldilocks' manager Huw found for the Americans. Theoretically too god for Swansea (based on his stellar CV) but too old to get poached by bigger clubs. He also could attract someone like Llorente who was an atypical signing. A 31 year old with sell on value.

The chance of Davies staying more than 2 years was nil.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Davies turns down the Swans on 15:41 - Jun 16 with 726 viewsWhiterockin

Davies turns down the Swans on 15:31 - Jun 16 by ReslovenSwan1

Almost all young managers of Swansea move on the bigger and better things. Laudrup did not but got a big payday in Arabia.

Guidolin was the 'goldilocks' manager Huw found for the Americans. Theoretically too god for Swansea (based on his stellar CV) but too old to get poached by bigger clubs. He also could attract someone like Llorente who was an atypical signing. A 31 year old with sell on value.

The chance of Davies staying more than 2 years was nil.

You will probably have to back to Jackett to find a manager who has lasted more than 2 seasons.
Davies turns down the Swans on 16:43 - Jun 16 with 609 viewsonehunglow

So,correct me if I’m wrong, we have a chap refusing the job of coaching our team when we already have under contract a chap still in situ.
WTF .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Davies turns down the Swans on 16:46 - Jun 16 with 599 viewsWhiterockin

Davies turns down the Swans on 16:43 - Jun 16 by onehunglow

So,correct me if I’m wrong, we have a chap refusing the job of coaching our team when we already have under contract a chap still in situ.
WTF .

I'm not sure he was offered a job to refuse. He has apparently just accepted the job at spurs.
Davies turns down the Swans on 16:49 - Jun 16 with 587 viewsonehunglow

Davies turns down the Swans on 16:46 - Jun 16 by Whiterockin

I'm not sure he was offered a job to refuse. He has apparently just accepted the job at spurs.

Well,I’m reading things differently .
Thanks anyway

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Davies turns down the Swans on 00:50 - Jun 17 with 453 viewsKeithHaynes

Davies turns down the Swans on 16:49 - Jun 16 by onehunglow

Well,I’m reading things differently .
Thanks anyway

Wrong choice of OP heading, my fault.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024