Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 18:33 - Feb 23 with 15339 viewsNotLoyal

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59707/swansea-city-in-â€
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59710/swansea-gain-a-poi

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Joel Latibeaudiere, Ben Cabango, Nathan Wood; Matty Sorinola, Joe Allen, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Morgan Whittaker, Ollie Cooper; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Andreas Søndergaard, Jay Fulton, Harry Darling, Olivier Ntcham, Luke Cundle, Liam Cullen, Liam Walsh.

Rotherham United: Viktor Johansson, Conor Coventry, Tariqe Fosu-Henry, Jordan Hugill, Chiedozie Ogbene, Shane Ferguson, Olivier Rathbone (captain), Lee Peltier, Cam Humphreys, Bailey Wright, Leo Hjelde.

Substitutes: Josh Vickers, Wes Harding, Cohen Bramall, Georgie Kelly, Conor Washington, Jamie Lindsay, Hakeem Odoffin.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:29 - Feb 27 with 2179 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:24 - Feb 27 by Fireboy2

It will be you next time 🤨

I will be taking a tarpaulin to Croatia

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:32 - Feb 27 with 2135 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:14 - Feb 27 by 1462jack

I never post anything negative about the swans , but I have had a guts full , I don’t want anyone to loose a job especially the way things are but something needs to be done , we are awful , shove your process up your &@£@ it ain’t working , next level my f@&ng ar@e

You care
It’s nothing to do with negative
The positive today was the booing

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:33 - Feb 27 with 2146 viewsJack11

The only positive from that game was that we didn’t ship a late goal. They had twice as many shots, more shots on target, more corners, they hit the post, had the better chances and carried way more threat. 3 wins in 20 games, after playing Blackpool, Stoke and now these it’s clear we’re only going to stay up because we’ve got a buffer but my word we’re terrible.

We finished the game with no player I’d consider a wide player. Had 6 midfielders on at one point. Whittaker played 3 different positions, Ollie too. There’s no direction, no clear plan other than pointless passing and hoping the opposition make a mistake. This squad is so imbalanced, not all Martin’s fault but he’s not making the best of what’s at his disposal.
Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:37 - Feb 27 with 2106 viewsjojaca

I made cup of tea at half time and didn't even tune in for second half. There is only so much crap you can watch despite winning at half time.

Even when you know, you never know?

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:40 - Feb 27 with 2064 viewsJohnw102

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:10 - Feb 27 by Polskijack

Another really poor performance. Rotherham looked by far more likely. Usual excuses will follow,

First time this season Rotherham won a point from a losing position.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:43 - Feb 27 with 2017 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59710/swansea-gain-a-poi

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:50 - Feb 27 with 1960 viewslifelong

Another shocker, beginning to think, ‘what the feck am I doing here.’
Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 23:16 - Feb 27 with 1815 viewsBoundy

Bored rigid m first half the second not muv ch better , sums it up , we concede a goal by a player sitting on his arse

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 00:01 - Feb 28 with 1644 viewsSTID2017

Awful game, awful performance, worrying times.
The only blessing is the large cushion between us and the bottom three

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 00:14 - Feb 28 with 1627 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 00:01 - Feb 28 by STID2017

Last season we were 18 points above the relegation group, this season it was 11 after 33games. Haven’t looked tonight.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 00:22 - Feb 28 with 1617 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Haven't posted in a while because to be honest I've just been so jaded by it all, but wanted to share a few observations...

Rotherham were absolutely awful but fully deserving of a point, and arguably should've nicked all 3. As soon as they flashed the stat that Rotherham haven't won a single point after going behind away from home all season you just knew they'd take something from the game- it's the Swansea way to help opposition teams/players break their ducks.

Whoever picked the game for Sky must be a sadist because I sincerely doubt any neutral sat through all 90+5 minutes of that.

Lati, god bless him, tries but should be nowhere near a championship team. In fact all three central defenders looked comically uncomfortable on the ball at times.

The team's confidence is completely shot. You just can't play the way RM tries to when that's the case. Doesn't work, end of story.

Swansea City must be one of the few teams to concede to a player sat on his backside six yards out. Comical defending all round, especially from Manning who perhaps understandably is planning his exit from the creeping sense of inevitable doom pervading the club. Good ball for our goal though.

Cooper tried but was uncharacteristically poor, looked like a boy playing against men, and should have been hooked.

Joey just looks past it to be honest. Sadly.

We are a significantly better team with Benda in goal, and once it was confirmed he was out for the season and we didn't sign proper competition for Fisher I knew we'd struggle for the remainder.

And yet, for all of the above, I just can't help but think things might (might) look quite a bit different if we didn't go down to 10 and subsequently capitulate at home to Birmingham. That and the Window debacle was the sucker punch that did for us, but even then it would still only have papered over obvious cracks.

I don't think there's a way forward from here under RM. In truth many of us have known this for some time, but he's had an uncanny ability to pull out a string of results when under pressure in the past to keep the faintest flicker of hope alive. Almost impossible to see how that happens now, especially with our fixture list.

I'm all for giving managers time, but unless we seriously invest in both players and coaching staff (set piece coach no.1 priority) this style won't work. We know that won't happen, so why waste everyone's time? I remember a few months ago one of the pundits on the Guardian Football Weekly Podcast called us a 'Poundshop Ajax'. At the time I was offended, but in hindsight he was spot on. You can't play Champagne football unless you are prepared to pay Champagne prices for the right players, which we evidently aren't. The squad is good enough for this level (if far from perfect), but not when they're directed to play like they are. That's not to say it's impossible to play passing football at this level on a budget- we've done it before- but this particular brand is asking too much of what is a limited squad.

Might it have worked out in different circumstances? Possibly. The board hasn't helped. But then I remember Martin went out and spent actual money on Andy Fisher and lose practically all sympathy for him. That has to have been his move, as was signing Darling. Whatever you think of Darling as a player, spending 1.5m on him and sitting him on the bench half the time isn't a good look.

All in all, it's just a bit depressing, especially as I'm not sure even sure sacking RM will actually achieve anything. We're going to limp over the finish line whether we do it with or without the Vegan Wenger. Confidence is shot to pieces, and sacking a manager who by all accounts is quite popular with the players probably isn't going to do wonders for that. And who comes in?

And yet, despite it all, I'll be at Kenilworth Road on Saturday. Mostly to tick it off the list, but I'll support the team and hope for a miracle.

STID
Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 00:27 - Feb 28 with 1603 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 00:14 - Feb 28 by Badlands

Last season we were 18 points above the relegation group, this season it was 11 after 33games. Haven’t looked tonight.

Swansea got 61 points last season and this is looking a tall order from where we stand. Martin shamelessly blamed the low morale of the players on recent results and the transfer window, This is a cop out. Sir Alex Ferguson used the January window sparingly throughout his career.

He is therefore blaming Levien and Winter for another limp performance There were no kids on the bench and a very decent looking 18 man squad.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 00:47 - Feb 28 with 1585 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 00:22 - Feb 28 by LittleEnglandJack

Haven't posted in a while because to be honest I've just been so jaded by it all, but wanted to share a few observations...

Rotherham were absolutely awful but fully deserving of a point, and arguably should've nicked all 3. As soon as they flashed the stat that Rotherham haven't won a single point after going behind away from home all season you just knew they'd take something from the game- it's the Swansea way to help opposition teams/players break their ducks.

Whoever picked the game for Sky must be a sadist because I sincerely doubt any neutral sat through all 90+5 minutes of that.

Lati, god bless him, tries but should be nowhere near a championship team. In fact all three central defenders looked comically uncomfortable on the ball at times.

The team's confidence is completely shot. You just can't play the way RM tries to when that's the case. Doesn't work, end of story.

Swansea City must be one of the few teams to concede to a player sat on his backside six yards out. Comical defending all round, especially from Manning who perhaps understandably is planning his exit from the creeping sense of inevitable doom pervading the club. Good ball for our goal though.

Cooper tried but was uncharacteristically poor, looked like a boy playing against men, and should have been hooked.

We are a significantly better team with Benda in goal, and once it was confirmed he was out for the season and we didn't sign proper competition for Fisher I knew we'd struggle for the remainder.

And yet, for all of the above, I just can't help but think things might (might) look quite a bit different if we didn't go down to 10 and subsequently capitulate at home to Birmingham. That and the Window debacle was the sucker punch that did for us, but even then it would still only have papered over obvious cracks.

I don't think there's a way forward from here under RM. In truth many of us have known this for some time, but he's had an uncanny ability to pull out a string of results when under pressure in the past to keep the faintest flicker of hope alive. Almost impossible to see how that happens now, especially with our fixture list.

I'm all for giving managers time, but unless we seriously invest in both players and coaching staff (set piece coach no.1 priority) this style won't work. We know that won't happen, so why waste everyone's time? I remember a few months ago one of the pundits on the Guardian Football Weekly Podcast called us a 'Poundshop Ajax'. At the time I was offended, but in hindsight he was spot on. You can't play Champagne football unless you are prepared to pay Champagne prices for the right players, which we evidently aren't. The squad is good enough for this level (if far from perfect), but not when they're directed to play like they are. That's not to say it's impossible to play passing football at this level on a budget- we've done it before- but this particular brand is asking too much of what is a limited squad.

Might it have worked out in different circumstances? Possibly. The board hasn't helped. But then I remember Martin went out and spent actual money on Andy Fisher and lose practically all sympathy for him. That has to have been his move, as was signing Darling. Whatever you think of Darling as a player, spending 1.5m on him and sitting him on the bench half the time isn't a good look.

All in all, it's just a bit depressing, especially as I'm not sure even sure sacking RM will actually achieve anything. We're going to limp over the finish line whether we do it with or without the Vegan Wenger. Confidence is shot to pieces, and sacking a manager who by all accounts is quite popular with the players probably isn't going to do wonders for that. And who comes in?

And yet, despite it all, I'll be at Kenilworth Road on Saturday. Mostly to tick it off the list, but I'll support the team and hope for a miracle.

STID

Great post and probably sums up how most feel atm

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 07:26 - Feb 28 with 1331 viewspencoedjack

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 00:22 - Feb 28 by LittleEnglandJack

STID

Top post
Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 07:58 - Feb 28 with 1282 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 00:01 - Feb 28 by STID2017

I hope that large cushion isn't filled with air because I feel someone below us has
a large pin

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 08:10 - Feb 28 with 1263 viewsBryanSwan

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:33 - Feb 27 by Jack11

The only positive from that game was that we didn’t ship a late goal. They had twice as many shots, more shots on target, more corners, they hit the post, had the better chances and carried way more threat. 3 wins in 20 games, after playing Blackpool, Stoke and now these it’s clear we’re only going to stay up because we’ve got a buffer but my word we’re terrible.

We finished the game with no player I’d consider a wide player. Had 6 midfielders on at one point. Whittaker played 3 different positions, Ollie too. There’s no direction, no clear plan other than pointless passing and hoping the opposition make a mistake. This squad is so imbalanced, not all Martin’s fault but he’s not making the best of what’s at his disposal.

Our transfers have been poor, but I would say that if Martin had wanted a winger over the last 3 transfer windows we most likely would've brought one in.

I really begrudge the notion that many Martins few remaining fans tout that the players just are good enough etc etc. Most were good enough before Martin and if not he has had 3 windows. Most of which were spent bringing in players like Fisher, Sorinola etc.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 08:13 - Feb 28 with 1258 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 07:58 - Feb 28 by Boundy

I hope that large cushion isn't filled with air because I feel someone below us has
a large pin

I honestly believe there are enough games for us to flirt with relegation, the performances are getting worse by every game, after last night I just can't see us getting another point.
Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 08:47 - Feb 28 with 1211 viewsonehunglow

STID

Incredible post.
Hardly anything can be added but I might .

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 09:25 - Feb 28 with 1175 viewsjeza739

STID

An absolute top post. Sums it up perfectly imo
Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 10:18 - Feb 28 with 1118 viewsBadlands

STID

Your post may be top notch, according to some, but I got as far as 'In fact all three central defenders looked comically uncomfortable on the ball at times.' and gave up. The amount of work Wood and Cabango got through last night was impressive and what are they supposed to do when the midfield has no presence whatsoever?
Until Martin sorts out the midfield the back line is always going to be under pressure.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 10:33 - Feb 28 with 1095 viewsBryanSwan

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 10:18 - Feb 28 by Badlands

Your post may be top notch, according to some, but I got as far as 'In fact all three central defenders looked comically uncomfortable on the ball at times.' and gave up. The amount of work Wood and Cabango got through last night was impressive and what are they supposed to do when the midfield has no presence whatsoever?
Until Martin sorts out the midfield the back line is always going to be under pressure.

Cabango and Wood are no worse footballers than Monk etc who played in "possesion based" teams. The issue is what they are being told to do. Every team in the league knows that and they press accordingly, putting them under real pressure.
I'm sure that under competent management both would be pretty good centre halves, especially at this level.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 11:00 - Feb 28 with 1055 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 10:33 - Feb 28 by BryanSwan

Cabango and Wood are no worse footballers than Monk etc who played in "possesion based" teams. The issue is what they are being told to do. Every team in the league knows that and they press accordingly, putting them under real pressure.
I'm sure that under competent management both would be pretty good centre halves, especially at this level.

Goddam right .
They must hate Martin
Popular amongst the players .?More Martin PR. Crap.

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 12:52 - Feb 28 with 933 viewskrunchykarrot

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 10:18 - Feb 28 by Badlands

We need pacy WB 's and forward Ogbene would have been a great addition. As ive said on here before Whittaker doesnt impress but we need to give him a fair run. We are so slow in all departments it is killing our CH's as you say as they have no outball as its walking pace.

I was hoping we had scraped 3 points last night so that we could give mins to our youngsters .
Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 13:13 - Feb 28 with 890 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 12:52 - Feb 28 by krunchykarrot

We need pacy WB 's and forward Ogbene would have been a great addition. As ive said on here before Whittaker doesnt impress but we need to give him a fair run. We are so slow in all departments it is killing our CH's as you say as they have no outball as its walking pace.

I was hoping we had scraped 3 points last night so that we could give mins to our youngsters .

Grimes has been given a fair run since he came here
Worst captain in our history and most overrated .
Whitaker looks as he did prior to being shunted off to Plymouth.

Swansea City v Rotherham United : MATCHDAY Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 13:39 - Feb 28 with 852 viewsangryjack

The cabango is laughable,too stiff too slow,can't pass under pressure,moves uis feet too slow,seen the qe2 turn quicker..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024