Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Beale 19:18 - Oct 15 with 109664 viewsHayesender

7/4 2nd favourite for the wolves job

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mick Beale on 23:59 - Oct 19 with 3096 viewsdennisbailey92

Think he’s 99% gone, imagine the wage difference from being a well paid coach to, championship manager to Prem manager, it would set his family up for life, hard to turn down and I’d be amazed if he does
Mick Beale on 00:00 - Oct 20 with 3074 viewsconnell10

Mick Beale on 23:26 - Oct 19 by ChrisNW6

Typical QPR luck, hire a decent manager who taught himself Portuguese for a 6month job in Brazil.

I don't think he would have been considered if it wasn't for this quirk of fate.

Hire a manger with not a bit of loyalty.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Mick Beale on 00:00 - Oct 20 with 3070 viewsNorthLondonR

Mick Beale on 23:01 - Oct 19 by ManinBlack

Yes looking at the ITV highlights tonight. He will speak to Les and the staff tomorrow.

I do love a midweek highlights show with the delightful Jules on duty... and a top of the table securing victory to boot
Mick Beale on 00:01 - Oct 20 with 3036 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mick Beale on 23:40 - Oct 19 by JamieNaz

Some mad stuff in here.

It's his job and his career. If someone came to you and offered to treble your wages, I reckon you'd allbe interested.
Of course he thinks he can do a good job at Wolves. On paper they have an incredible squad. They're an established Premier League team.

Also, what sort of release clause do you possibly think we should have for a manager? Do any of you even know what a usual release clause should be?

Obviously, I'll be pretty sad if we lose him as I think he's doing pretty well. But, come on lads. Have a word with yourselves.

it's you who needs to have an intrapersonal chat, I think. If a contract meant anything, and our club had any balls, we#d simply tell Wolves to f*ck off.

Just out of interest, would we the first club ever to have its manager resign while top of the league (and having been here five minutes)?

if I were the likes of Willock and Chair, I'd also be seriously agitating for a move in January, as it would be clear that the club was gutless and basically just wants to fail like it did so well at last season.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Mick Beale on 00:02 - Oct 20 with 3035 viewsJamieNaz

Mick Beale on 23:47 - Oct 19 by sdm19994

It looks like 1 million apparently..

In regards to your first point. If I had no experience in a role and was given a great opportunity at a good company (forgetting money) and I’d been there 4 months loving it and proving myself, I wouldn’t move for treble the wages to a company that’s on its way down if I’m being frank.

I’d be annoyed in mick left, of course I would.

Do I think it’d be a bad decision on his part? Absolutely

But I’m confident with the place we’re in at the moment if we got a perfect replacement (coberan/edwards) we’d still be up there in the top 6 come the end of the season.

As always… whatever the season…

1 million is probably about reasonable for a manager in the Championship. Probably at the top end of that as well.
I'm guessing he's on about 500k? (It's what I've been reliably told). Don't see how we can stick much more in his contract.
"You have a 10 million release clause"
"Okay, I want at least 2 million a year then"
"We can't afford that".

Dunno how else negotiations go there.

Also, you're pretending that in my first point the incumbent isn't an incredibly confident individual who isn't looking at a squad worth multiple times what ours is.

I'm hoping we have an idea of who we could get if Beale goes. And think we've got a great squad for whoever comes next.
I don't think where we are right now is entirely down to Beale, I just think it's perfectly understandable why he's interested in going.
Warburton and QPR were roughly in the same place 12 months ago. Now look
Mick Beale on 00:02 - Oct 20 with 3026 viewsPunteR

Mick Beale on 23:10 - Oct 19 by daveB

He's flirting.
He might as well of seductively unzipped his tracksuit jacket to reveal his man boob cleavage .

Eurgh.
I hate football sometimes.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mick Beale on 00:04 - Oct 20 with 2992 viewskarlski

Mick Beale on 00:02 - Oct 20 by PunteR

He's flirting.
He might as well of seductively unzipped his tracksuit jacket to reveal his man boob cleavage .

Eurgh.

Some more comments in here: https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-boss-beale-says-hed-have-to-weigh-up-eve

At least he's making it sound like he hasn't made his mind up, although he would consider it.
Mick Beale on 00:05 - Oct 20 with 2971 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mick Beale on 00:02 - Oct 20 by JamieNaz

1 million is probably about reasonable for a manager in the Championship. Probably at the top end of that as well.
I'm guessing he's on about 500k? (It's what I've been reliably told). Don't see how we can stick much more in his contract.
"You have a 10 million release clause"
"Okay, I want at least 2 million a year then"
"We can't afford that".

Dunno how else negotiations go there.

Also, you're pretending that in my first point the incumbent isn't an incredibly confident individual who isn't looking at a squad worth multiple times what ours is.

I'm hoping we have an idea of who we could get if Beale goes. And think we've got a great squad for whoever comes next.
I don't think where we are right now is entirely down to Beale, I just think it's perfectly understandable why he's interested in going.
Warburton and QPR were roughly in the same place 12 months ago. Now look

(1) We were never top under Warburton.
(2) The release clause has nothing to do with the manager's wages. It's a minimum compensation figure that is paid by the target club. If they are willing to meet it, then QPR are contractually bound to allow the manager to speak with said club.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 0:09]
Login to get fewer ads

Mick Beale on 00:08 - Oct 20 with 2942 viewsJamieNaz

Mick Beale on 00:05 - Oct 20 by Benny_the_Ball

(2) The release clause has nothing to do with the manager's wages. It's a minimum compensation figure that is paid by the target club. If they are willing to meet it, then QPR are contractually bound to allow the manager to speak with said club.

I did say roughly.
Mick Beale on 00:08 - Oct 20 with 2937 viewsSnipper

If he turns down Wolves, I wouldn’t celebrate too much. He’ll be Villa’s No1 choice if they ditch Steven Gerrard.
Mick Beale on 00:13 - Oct 20 with 2881 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mick Beale on 00:08 - Oct 20 by JamieNaz

I did say roughly.

Very rough! As for the release clause, this was likely requested by Beale's agent, not the board. QPR would be better off with either an insanely high release clause or no release clause at all. £1m does little to either ward off potential suitors or materially improve QPR's bank balance (particularly if it then has to pay another club to secure a replacement).
Mick Beale on 00:22 - Oct 20 with 2797 viewsHoosWho

Come on Les - offer MB a £10M bonus if he gets us promoted. It’s a drop in the ocean of the financial gains we’d get from a promotion. It will make his decision far simpler.
Mick Beale on 00:25 - Oct 20 with 2776 viewsbarbicanranger

Mick Beale on 23:21 - Oct 19 by Damo1962

Top post Benny. My thoughts exactly.

Not intentionally putting QPR down. I just suspect that is the market and situation - would Mick Beale have joined QPR with a higher release clause in his contract that may have made it difficult for him to move on (at the first opportunity no less)?
Mick Beale on 00:27 - Oct 20 with 2743 viewsconnell10

Mick Beale on 00:02 - Oct 20 by PunteR

He's flirting.

Eurgh.

Absolutely lieing , he was spluttering and bright red....Mick if you don't wanna be here fuc k off mate!
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 0:29]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Mick Beale on 00:29 - Oct 20 with 2725 viewsJamieNaz

Mick Beale on 00:13 - Oct 20 by Benny_the_Ball

Very rough! As for the release clause, this was likely requested by Beale's agent, not the board. QPR would be better off with either an insanely high release clause or no release clause at all. £1m does little to either ward off potential suitors or materially improve QPR's bank balance (particularly if it then has to pay another club to secure a replacement).

Yeah, but why would he and his agent have agreed to anything higher without being materially compensated with higher wages?

I'm not sure you and others asking for more money or no release clause have quite understood the balance of power here.

See also Chris Willock and contract negotiations
Mick Beale on 00:29 - Oct 20 with 2721 viewsdavman

Mick Beale on 23:58 - Oct 19 by Esox_Lucius

It's Wolves. If he does go it'll only be for a month or two and then we can get him back when he's sacked. He may even chip in some of they money he gets off them as a transfer funds.
I think the draw of earning tenfold his current salary wouldn't be the determining factor as he fairly independently wealthy. The crowd and players tonight were excellent, it could have easily gone very flat after the pre match rumours started flying but both sides kept their levels up.

Maybe we can loan him to them for three months?

It'd save them the hassle of sacking him three months in...

He'll spend his time there interviewing "bigger" clubs until he finds one worthy of being able to pay his wages.

All pretty abhorrent really. "I'll stay with you until something I think is better comes along"... Not exactly shouting "commitment", "we are in this together" and "being honest" is it?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Mick Beale on 00:31 - Oct 20 with 2713 viewsjoolsyp

Mick Beale on 00:05 - Oct 20 by Benny_the_Ball

Fine, let him speak to Wolves. Then he'll probably go back to Les and Lee and say "this is what they've offered me, give me a better contract and £x millions and I'll get this team to the Premier League this year or next." They'll reply "FFP, we can't" and that will be that.
Mick Beale on 00:49 - Oct 20 with 2607 viewsLblock

Mick Beale on 00:01 - Oct 20 by stainrods_elbow

it's you who needs to have an intrapersonal chat, I think. If a contract meant anything, and our club had any balls, we#d simply tell Wolves to f*ck off.

Just out of interest, would we the first club ever to have its manager resign while top of the league (and having been here five minutes)?

if I were the likes of Willock and Chair, I'd also be seriously agitating for a move in January, as it would be clear that the club was gutless and basically just wants to fail like it did so well at last season.

You might have missed this but..... there's a release clause apparently.

That's something triggered within a Contract meaning it's not being broken - you do get that as you are intelligent (I'm not being sarky there -- your observations are erudite and passionate).
Question I'd ask is how does interested party know what the sum is? When you answer that chestnut THEN you can really get cheesed off and talk about underhand tactics and having the club over.

For me I think allowing such a release clause was stupid but lawyer A and lawyer B will have called it common ground.
I would have had a sliding timescale starting at 100% of contract from day one tapering down to the end of his 3 year stint PLUS a standard lump sum applying at any given time.
But then I have zero knowledge of the murky world of football Contracts... only the circus called the UK Building Industry.

Willock and Chair wont agitate - their Agents will do that for them and it wont be for a move, it'll be for more money and to hell with who is paying it (within reason). The alternative is we are riding high in January (only to be shot down in May) and every player at the club who is playing will be ecstatic and eyeing up promotion bonus.

Football......... it's gone isn't it?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Mick Beale on 01:23 - Oct 20 with 2499 viewsbarbicanranger

That'll be the final kick in the nads when MB comes in for IC10, CW, etc.
Mick Beale on 01:49 - Oct 20 with 2384 viewsDamo1962

Mick Beale on 00:49 - Oct 20 by Lblock

You might have missed this but..... there's a release clause apparently.

That's something triggered within a Contract meaning it's not being broken - you do get that as you are intelligent (I'm not being sarky there -- your observations are erudite and passionate).
Question I'd ask is how does interested party know what the sum is? When you answer that chestnut THEN you can really get cheesed off and talk about underhand tactics and having the club over.

For me I think allowing such a release clause was stupid but lawyer A and lawyer B will have called it common ground.
I would have had a sliding timescale starting at 100% of contract from day one tapering down to the end of his 3 year stint PLUS a standard lump sum applying at any given time.
But then I have zero knowledge of the murky world of football Contracts... only the circus called the UK Building Industry.

Willock and Chair wont agitate - their Agents will do that for them and it wont be for a move, it'll be for more money and to hell with who is paying it (within reason). The alternative is we are riding high in January (only to be shot down in May) and every player at the club who is playing will be ecstatic and eyeing up promotion bonus.

Football......... it's gone isn't it?

Been gone for a while. The mercenary attitude of some on here, leaves me cold.i'm glad none of my modest finances are going into the pockets of anyone in top level football anymore. Keeping myself warm like countless millions of others, is more important to me.
Mick Beale on 02:07 - Oct 20 with 2364 viewslightwaterhoop

If Beale was half as good as he thinks he is we would have beaten Cardiff 6-0 and not been stuffed by Luton! this guy really raises the bar in over confidence.
Mick Beale on 02:30 - Oct 20 with 2298 viewsbob566

Mick Beale on 02:07 - Oct 20 by lightwaterhoop

If Beale was half as good as he thinks he is we would have beaten Cardiff 6-0 and not been stuffed by Luton! this guy really raises the bar in over confidence.

Jeez. Really? Top of the league. Team gets a player sent off should equal six goals. He's probably going but a little respect. I'm miffed too. What QPR fan wouldn't be. I don't blame MB. If a company head hunted any of us and offered it you'd be off too. Just hope QPR have preemptied this and have a good replacement lined up.
Mick Beale on 02:38 - Oct 20 with 2284 viewsbob566

And for the record nothing is a God damn given in the championship. Saw a stat last night pre kick off. Blackburn top of the league with 7 defeats. Coventry bottom with 5 defeats. That's how tough this league is. So talk of beating a good Luton side away and sticking 6 past a 10 man Cardiff is silly
Mick Beale on 03:10 - Oct 20 with 2211 viewslightwaterhoop

Lots of managers have been top of the championship over the years.Beale is the first one who seems to believe he is Gods gift to football.Where he gets that from i have no idea its almost beyond belief.Yes he has done a great job for us but its still early stages and he has much to learn.He is even looking for another job before he has started at Wolves,saying he wants to manage in Europe and undermining the manager at Glasgow Rangers.
Mick Beale on 04:15 - Oct 20 with 2114 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Thinking pragmatically, it’s a PL job that comes with a big bump in salary. And loyalty goes both ways… Warburton had us in 3rd in February and was sacked by April. No guarantee this opportunity comes again.

At the same time, getting his first head job and departing within three months? Slimy.

I think both things can be true.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 4:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024