Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to take the law into our own hands 23:00 - Aug 31 with 4897 viewsSouthamptonfan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62722082

Completely lawless arn't we.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Time to take the law into our own hands on 12:24 - Sep 3 with 581 viewsfranniesTache

Time to take the law into our own hands on 12:06 - Sep 2 by geezershoong1

There's a vacuum left behind from retreat of religion.
Also, lack of decent father figures to guide young men. Feel greatly for single Mothers now, competing with the Internet to raise their kids!

that's bollocks mush i've been an atheist from as long as i was old enough to understand that religion was rubbish, my parents are also both atheists as are all of my family (and most of my friends).

We still have strong moral codes and don't need an imaginary friend to tell us what's right or wrong, in fact religion is as often used to justify poor treatment of people as it is to do good.
Time to take the law into our own hands on 12:34 - Sep 3 with 558 viewsPaleRider

Time to take the law into our own hands on 12:24 - Sep 3 by franniesTache

that's bollocks mush i've been an atheist from as long as i was old enough to understand that religion was rubbish, my parents are also both atheists as are all of my family (and most of my friends).

We still have strong moral codes and don't need an imaginary friend to tell us what's right or wrong, in fact religion is as often used to justify poor treatment of people as it is to do good.

Sorry to upset you Franny, but atheism is just another religion!
Time to take the law into our own hands on 12:53 - Sep 3 with 546 viewsfranniesTache

Time to take the law into our own hands on 12:34 - Sep 3 by PaleRider

Sorry to upset you Franny, but atheism is just another religion!

It is absolutely not, it's the absence of religion and therefore by it's nature not a religion since a religion is a belief in the metaphysical.

A lot of people in recent years want to compare it to religion to make an argument but that shows a flaw in the understanding of both the semantics and thinking behind it.

I quite literally don't believe in any god, it doesn't even pass my mind most of the time (unless someone else is talking about it) and I have no interest in it at all (though i like the architecture of churches and the like).

My moral code comes more from humanism than anything else, and generally speaking there's a complete lack of any religion in my life.
Time to take the law into our own hands on 13:55 - Sep 3 with 498 viewsSaintsforeverj

Time to take the law into our own hands on 12:53 - Sep 3 by franniesTache

It is absolutely not, it's the absence of religion and therefore by it's nature not a religion since a religion is a belief in the metaphysical.

A lot of people in recent years want to compare it to religion to make an argument but that shows a flaw in the understanding of both the semantics and thinking behind it.

I quite literally don't believe in any god, it doesn't even pass my mind most of the time (unless someone else is talking about it) and I have no interest in it at all (though i like the architecture of churches and the like).

My moral code comes more from humanism than anything else, and generally speaking there's a complete lack of any religion in my life.

Not many people have any moral code nowadays though they?

Highest divorce rates ever
People getting married one day after meeting online.
Highest number of single parents ever
Lack of respect
Kids being dragged up by irresponsible parents who do t teach right and wrong.
Gangs roaming through big cities with knives and guns they have bought from the internet.
Both parents working and therefore don't have much time for their kids.
Softly softly schools who again don't teach respect.
Look at the fear and anxiety caused amongst so many people and now running out of energy because of Putin's war. And just seen another kid has killed himself doing the blackout tictoc challenge. Todays world is not a particularly great place to be, religion or not.

I know.one thing, I remember sitting down with the family on a Sunday for Sunday dinner, no phones, no computers, no football, just time to talk and a be a family. Was never religious but many activities we did were. It's all gone now.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Time to take the law into our own hands on 14:07 - Sep 3 with 495 viewsfranniesTache

Time to take the law into our own hands on 13:55 - Sep 3 by Saintsforeverj

Not many people have any moral code nowadays though they?

Highest divorce rates ever
People getting married one day after meeting online.
Highest number of single parents ever
Lack of respect
Kids being dragged up by irresponsible parents who do t teach right and wrong.
Gangs roaming through big cities with knives and guns they have bought from the internet.
Both parents working and therefore don't have much time for their kids.
Softly softly schools who again don't teach respect.
Look at the fear and anxiety caused amongst so many people and now running out of energy because of Putin's war. And just seen another kid has killed himself doing the blackout tictoc challenge. Todays world is not a particularly great place to be, religion or not.

I know.one thing, I remember sitting down with the family on a Sunday for Sunday dinner, no phones, no computers, no football, just time to talk and a be a family. Was never religious but many activities we did were. It's all gone now.

A lot of what you mention isn't new though is it?

Growing up in the 80's/90's i'd say these were all true,

Most of my friends came from families where there was a divorce
A lot of nippers got married in their 20s
Southampton was the highest in the country for single parents in the 90s
"lack of respect" hard to say what that means but we definitely didn't respect people like the police growing up
Loads of gangs in the 90s, and the first time i got offered a gun to buy i was 14 (and knives were pretty common place too)
Both parents working isn't a bad thing, it also wasn't uncommon when i was growing up
Schools i'll give you, had more than my share stuff chucked at me by teachers.

I think you're probably looking back with rose tinted spectacles mush, cause it wasn't that much better back then either
Time to take the law into our own hands on 14:18 - Sep 3 with 473 viewsSaintsforeverj

Time to take the law into our own hands on 14:07 - Sep 3 by franniesTache

A lot of what you mention isn't new though is it?

Growing up in the 80's/90's i'd say these were all true,

Most of my friends came from families where there was a divorce
A lot of nippers got married in their 20s
Southampton was the highest in the country for single parents in the 90s
"lack of respect" hard to say what that means but we definitely didn't respect people like the police growing up
Loads of gangs in the 90s, and the first time i got offered a gun to buy i was 14 (and knives were pretty common place too)
Both parents working isn't a bad thing, it also wasn't uncommon when i was growing up
Schools i'll give you, had more than my share stuff chucked at me by teachers.

I think you're probably looking back with rose tinted spectacles mush, cause it wasn't that much better back then either

I disagree with you there. Things were better IMO. The internet and mobile phones have definitely made it it easier for drug gangs, weapons and all sorts of things, TicToc etc. And both parents working all hours, I disagree is a good thing. We made sure we gave time to our kids.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2022 14:19]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024