Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulham Match Thread. 20:59 - Apr 1 with 26194 viewsDiscodroids

I haven't started a match thread since Nikita Khrushchev shot a CCCP Space monkey into the kuiper belt to assemble antenna at Salyut Laboratories.

However, Word has reached me  here in Leigh on Sea, That the Fulham Hooligan element  are on full manoeuvres for tomorrow. 

QPR Fans be warned, Their Hooligans will be tooled up in  cat skin dueling gloves dipped in shattered resin with  grandfather Pendulum Clock weights dropped down the leg of one's 72 button fly buckskin pantaloons

Also, Beware of Steel fish hooks sewn into their smoking Jacket lapels by bespoke Jermyn Street tailors. The regulation timber snuff boxes of the Fulham Hooligan, have been replaced for tomorows game with ones constructed from lingnum vitae, a hardy flush grain that will prove to be a redoubtable piece of kit upon one's Cranium. 

Be aware of the canny sharpening of their briar churchwarden pipes to a keen edge That would take one's fackin' eye out. 

They  have also recruited extra muscle from the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa legion , loyal by their blood oath to the mustard corduroy trouser. The no good slags secrete  Maris pipers studded with razor blades  in their cumberbands .

Finally,  be on the ready eye for fulham hooligans in Stove pipe hats,  as they have  leaded piano legs in them which could split one's cannister open leaving one down the A&E Saturday night with the skagheads, Brasses and meat rack nonces without so much as an old fashioned in ones hip flask.

3-1 to the glory superhoops.  
[Post edited 1 Apr 2022 21:02]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Fulham Match Thread. on 18:05 - Apr 2 with 2366 viewsstainrods_elbow

Fulham Match Thread. on 18:01 - Apr 2 by Antti_Heinola

Embarrassing stuff.

I'm quoting a former QPR player and making a modest observation based on years of following pro football which contains all kinds of well-documented instances of corruption, so go away and embarrass yourself!

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Fulham Match Thread. on 18:08 - Apr 2 with 2375 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fulham Match Thread. on 18:05 - Apr 2 by stainrods_elbow

I'm quoting a former QPR player and making a modest observation based on years of following pro football which contains all kinds of well-documented instances of corruption, so go away and embarrass yourself!

Pathetic stuff. Shameful.

Bare bones.

Fulham Match Thread. on 18:18 - Apr 2 with 2273 viewsted_hendrix

Fulham Match Thread. on 17:51 - Apr 2 by ManinBlack

We have been awful in derbies for many years now but the fact is most of them are much better than us. Whether we like it or not, Chelsea, West Ham, Arsenal, Spurs have Financial clout, Fulham and Brentford have been on the up for some time and these are games we usually lose. Whenever we play these clubs we sem to be in an indifferent place while they are on the up.

I feel we have been in decline for over two decades on comparison to our London rivals and we are not much above the level of Charlton, Orient and Wimbledon. We lost to Charlton in the season they went down, we needed pens to beat Orient and Millwall took 4 points off us this season.

I personally can't see this changing in the future without serious financial input. Without it we will drift like Charlton going nowhere. I wish I could be more positive but we seem to have returned to our thir ld division roots and mentality before most of you were born.

*we are not much above the level of Charlton, Orient and Wimbledon.*

I think we are to be honest, we do have some good squad players whom we own, we also have a few players who need to disappear fast Austin, Johansen and unfortunately Albert, you could probably pick a couple more.

The so called good squad players can be worked with and hopefully improved, but we do need signings for next season, football is cruel and great fun in equal measures, since just about beating Blackpool at home, we have imploded at home regarding results.

We've toyed with the play-offs but in all honesty It's been a bridge to far.

Two more home games to go, jesus wept at least lets go out at home with a bit of fight about us.

Three tough games on the trot now away from home.

Todays result was crap but not unexpected, anyway like I say we do have good players on our books, players we can work with and improve I hope.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Fulham Match Thread. on 18:21 - Apr 2 with 2237 viewsstainrods_elbow

Fulham Match Thread. on 18:08 - Apr 2 by Antti_Heinola

Pathetic stuff. Shameful.

For the people involved, yes, I agree.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Fulham Match Thread. on 18:30 - Apr 2 with 2171 viewsdistortR

Fulham Match Thread. on 17:45 - Apr 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree with all of that, my man.

We also seem to have lost our identity, which worries me more than losing our form.

Are we the team that dominates down the left?
Are we the team that moves it quickly through the center to our two link men?
Are we the team that is miserly in defence?
Are the team that plays out from the back?

I don't really know what our identity is at the moment.

agreed. I think Warburton is a manager whose philosophy is, to try and beat the opposition through doing what you do well, rather then trying to stop the opposition. That's not going well at the moment, whether the players are lacking the self-belief of earlier this season, lack belief in the system or lack belief in each other, I don't know.
Fulham Match Thread. on 18:31 - Apr 2 with 2163 viewskropotkin41

What is bizarre is how we have become this team that can't score or win. There was a turning point; African Cup of Nations, transfer window. Anyway, it'd be better to have been mid table all season and at least remain moderately competitive than this sh*t.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Fulham Match Thread. on 19:09 - Apr 2 with 2020 viewsw7r

Discodroid's match thread starter has to have strolled away with 1st prize for this season - had me in absolute bits.

It's a modern masterpiece.

Take a bow sunshine.

As for the game, well, did we really expect any other outcome.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 19:10]
Fulham Match Thread. on 19:57 - Apr 2 with 1890 viewsHarbour

Do not want to dig home out completely but Stephan was at fault for first goal did not stop the cross will give him that. But the taking ages to leave the pitch when subbed so could get clapped off by the away end I found very annoying we losing 1 nil run off the pitch …unless he has an injury not excusable.
Login to get fewer ads

Fulham Match Thread. on 22:41 - Apr 2 with 1678 viewsDamo1962

Fulham Match Thread. on 17:51 - Apr 2 by ManinBlack

We have been awful in derbies for many years now but the fact is most of them are much better than us. Whether we like it or not, Chelsea, West Ham, Arsenal, Spurs have Financial clout, Fulham and Brentford have been on the up for some time and these are games we usually lose. Whenever we play these clubs we sem to be in an indifferent place while they are on the up.

I feel we have been in decline for over two decades on comparison to our London rivals and we are not much above the level of Charlton, Orient and Wimbledon. We lost to Charlton in the season they went down, we needed pens to beat Orient and Millwall took 4 points off us this season.

I personally can't see this changing in the future without serious financial input. Without it we will drift like Charlton going nowhere. I wish I could be more positive but we seem to have returned to our thir ld division roots and mentality before most of you were born.

Great analasys of our situation. It's hard to take...but we are just going to have to learn live with it unfortunately. Money talks, and we don't have any.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 3:27]
Fulham Match Thread. on 00:17 - Apr 3 with 1568 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fulham Match Thread. on 22:41 - Apr 2 by Damo1962

Great analasys of our situation. It's hard to take...but we are just going to have to learn live with it unfortunately. Money talks, and we don't have any.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 3:27]

Well, close..

We have loads, and it's keeping our club afloat.

But we can't spend anymore because of FFP.

The dice are loaded against clubs who missed the FFP boat.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fulham Match Thread. on 00:42 - Apr 3 with 1520 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Fulham Match Thread. on 00:17 - Apr 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, close..

We have loads, and it's keeping our club afloat.

But we can't spend anymore because of FFP.

The dice are loaded against clubs who missed the FFP boat.

The only way to surmount that is to get promoted and get a new ground. If the owners are not capable of doing that then they should admit failure and sell up. I'm sure there would be plenty of takers, however much people on here make out that we're an unattractive proposition. Someone with ambition and drive please.
Fulham Match Thread. on 08:29 - Apr 3 with 1398 viewsCamberleyR

Fulham Match Thread. on 00:42 - Apr 3 by Wegerles_Stairs

The only way to surmount that is to get promoted and get a new ground. If the owners are not capable of doing that then they should admit failure and sell up. I'm sure there would be plenty of takers, however much people on here make out that we're an unattractive proposition. Someone with ambition and drive please.

"The only way to surmount that is to get promoted and get a new ground"

You're a genius, why didn't the board, Hoos and Ferdinand think of that before??

And the queue wouldn't be as long as you think to take over a club in a small run down, expensive to maintain ground that doesn't generate hardly any additional income where the new owners will have to put in at least a million quid a month to keep the wolf from the door.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 12:02]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

FT REPORT on 09:45 - Apr 3 with 1314 viewsRs_Holy

FT REPORT on 17:14 - Apr 2 by Greenbay

FT REPORT
QPR 0 Fulham 2
QPR played to the maximum of their abilities.
You can’t ask for more than that.
But that ability is not good enough for a top 6 position.
Why — simples — because we can’t buy the better players because of our budget.
And more important it appears that very little is being produced from our Under 23s.
Yes we pressed well against Fulham — certainly in the first half.
They are such a quality side.
They really cruised through the match.
Thomas was an energy bunny — before he was replaced by Charlie sporting pink in his hair.
He’s obviously learnt something from Dykes.
The pace of Thomas has been what we've required since the start of our slump.
But Fulham are in a different league to us.
And they will be at the end of the season.
Let’s be honest — they completely outplayed us.
There’s no shame in that.
For us Field — yet again — was impressive.
When you don’t have in the starting line-up Dieng, Dunne, Willock and Chair (he played the last 20 minutes) then that is a massive blow.
Dieng and Willock of course both out for the season.
No creativity — then no chance.
Inevitably it was Mitrovic who scored in either half.
His second was from a penalty
Referee Gavin Ward delivered a very harsh decision when the ball struck Wallace’s elbow.
Overall - we are - this season six points better off after 39 games — than last year.
We are currently 9th — where we finished last term when we captured 68 points.
Anything above 9th and above 68 points — let’s count that as a success.
I will.

totally agree with all of this
FT REPORT on 10:10 - Apr 3 with 1271 viewsDiscodroids

FT REPORT on 17:22 - Apr 2 by paulparker

Thanks for the post Mark

I was put in a foul mood this morning discovering that the Leigh on Sea Badgers had turned my lawn into the Ypres battlefield overnight, leaving great trenches and craters all over it but your post Gave me a chuckle this morning.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 10:11]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

FT REPORT on 10:37 - Apr 3 with 1224 viewsPunteR

FT REPORT on 10:10 - Apr 3 by Discodroids

I was put in a foul mood this morning discovering that the Leigh on Sea Badgers had turned my lawn into the Ypres battlefield overnight, leaving great trenches and craters all over it but your post Gave me a chuckle this morning.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 10:11]

Yeh my mood wasn't helped with being greeted by my dog first thing this morning who had just taken a massive dump in the middle of the sitting room floor. No idea why he done it, maybe he thought it would be funny and cheer me up?.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

FT REPORT on 10:54 - Apr 3 with 1195 viewsdavman

FT REPORT on 10:37 - Apr 3 by PunteR

Yeh my mood wasn't helped with being greeted by my dog first thing this morning who had just taken a massive dump in the middle of the sitting room floor. No idea why he done it, maybe he thought it would be funny and cheer me up?.

To be fair, it is funny and has cheered ME up! Thank him from me please!

<Hope the clean up goes well...)..

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

FT REPORT on 11:48 - Apr 3 with 1130 viewsPunteR

FT REPORT on 10:54 - Apr 3 by davman

To be fair, it is funny and has cheered ME up! Thank him from me please!

<Hope the clean up goes well...)..

It's the bonus of hardwood flooring. Makes the clean up process a bit easier. A shovel and a bin liner would have been handy though..lol

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

FT REPORT on 12:17 - Apr 3 with 1091 viewskensalriser

FT REPORT on 10:37 - Apr 3 by PunteR

It's a metaphor for supporting QPR.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024