Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
patrick vieira to palace 12:09 - Jun 29 with 10052 viewsKeithHaynes

Very shortly.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

patrick vieira to palace on 12:54 - Jun 30 with 666 viewsItchySphincter

patrick vieira to palace on 12:11 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Of course, success will always be more desirable than anything else for club owners.

Cooper delivers results.

Debatable.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

patrick vieira to palace on 12:55 - Jun 30 with 666 viewsItchySphincter

patrick vieira to palace on 12:13 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Edit - I thought you said you disagree as opposed to saying you agree.

Not sure what we are debating then tbh.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 12:15]

Just chewin’ the fat init.

patrick vieira to palace on 13:01 - Jun 30 with 652 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 12:54 - Jun 30 by ItchySphincter

Debatable.

Is it?

I can’t think of any Championship club that would sacrifice results for a couple of more passes.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

patrick vieira to palace on 13:17 - Jun 30 with 624 viewsItchySphincter

patrick vieira to palace on 13:01 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Is it?

I can’t think of any Championship club that would sacrifice results for a couple of more passes.

It is if the result equals promotion. So I suppose in that respect it's not debatable. Ultimately it all depends on what you mean when you say Cooper delivers results.

patrick vieira to palace on 13:24 - Jun 30 with 605 viewsguthrieintherain

patrick vieira to palace on 13:17 - Jun 30 by ItchySphincter

It is if the result equals promotion. So I suppose in that respect it's not debatable. Ultimately it all depends on what you mean when you say Cooper delivers results.

Boring the pants off everyone whilst still being in the same division is not delivering results.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

patrick vieira to palace on 13:28 - Jun 30 with 598 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 13:17 - Jun 30 by ItchySphincter

Well for example he achieved 80 points under his style. Potter delivered 65.

Results doesn’t have to mean solely promotion. We were not fancied for promotion at all, yet made it all the way to within 90 mins of it.

patrick vieira to palace on 13:34 - Jun 30 with 580 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 13:24 - Jun 30 by guthrieintherain

Boring the pants off everyone whilst still being in the same division is not delivering results.

Of course it is.

Results equal points. Cooper delivered a record equalling amount of Championship points for Swansea.

Football has moved on from tiki taka as much as people long for the past, football ever evolves. The two favourites for the Euros are England and Italy, two of the most effective but non expansive teams there.

The European Champions are Chelsea who are much the same, who were one of the lowest scorers in the top half of the league.

patrick vieira to palace on 13:55 - Jun 30 with 556 viewsguthrieintherain

patrick vieira to palace on 13:34 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Of course it is.

Results equal points. Cooper delivered a record equalling amount of Championship points for Swansea.

Football has moved on from tiki taka as much as people long for the past, football ever evolves. The two favourites for the Euros are England and Italy, two of the most effective but non expansive teams there.

The European Champions are Chelsea who are much the same, who were one of the lowest scorers in the top half of the league.

But we never seriously looked like getting promoted.

The football was dire went to Wembley failed to register a shot on target.

Anybody with problems getting to sleep get yourself s season down the Liberty and watch some Cooper ball.

Come on Fulham Winter get together and make it happen cant stick another season of that dross.

Login to get fewer ads

patrick vieira to palace on 14:04 - Jun 30 with 539 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 13:55 - Jun 30 by guthrieintherain

But we never seriously looked like getting promoted.

The football was dire went to Wembley failed to register a shot on target.

Anybody with problems getting to sleep get yourself s season down the Liberty and watch some Cooper ball.

Come on Fulham Winter get together and make it happen cant stick another season of that dross.

We weren’t expected to look like it, we had a very limited squad and were 9th or 10th favourites for promotion.

We had an infinite higher chance of getting promoted via the play offs being in them than not being in them.

That’s the point.

patrick vieira to palace on 14:13 - Jun 30 with 528 viewsItchySphincter

patrick vieira to palace on 13:28 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Well for example he achieved 80 points under his style. Potter delivered 65.

Results doesn’t have to mean solely promotion. We were not fancied for promotion at all, yet made it all the way to within 90 mins of it.

In some respects Cooper did very well. For me promotion isn’t the be all and end all but the feeling of disappointment of failing under Cooper is greater than the feeling of failing under Potter, even though Cooper accumulated more points. There are far too many factors in the equation to come out with a right or wrong answer but the circumstances in which they managed, post relegation, during covid and the manner of play are all considerations. Potter did an okay job for me, could have done better but taking on a team after relegation, - he did okay, I would have liked to have seen him stay and have another go at it. Cooper’s style has been very pragmatic from day one, it hasn’t gone downhill in the last six months as I’ve read many times, it’s always been the same. We benefited greatly from the covid lockdown as the restart got us going when other clubs were snoozing and just seeing the season out. Had it not been for lockdown we probably wouldn’t have made the playoffs with the freak result and goal swing against Reading, and we may not have bettered Potter’s term. Last season was a missed opportunity. To come so close being as poor as we were it is reasonable to think that we could have got over the line if we had turned up on another three or four occasions. That’s not to say I think we were poor on three or four occasions, I think we’re poor throughout, and yet still got close. Cooper is like a Trojan horse, you think it’s all tactical and he’s about to unleash the potential that the team displays in glimpses, only for us to revert back to the cagey, plodding team that is built in his image. I don’t dislike the bloke, I’m sure he’s decent and well intentioned but will I shed a tear if he goes to Fulham? No. Do I see it as a sideways step? Yes. Would Palace or Brighton be a sideways step at this time? Under the circumstances no.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 14:16]

patrick vieira to palace on 14:15 - Jun 30 with 525 viewsguthrieintherain

patrick vieira to palace on 14:04 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

We weren’t expected to look like it, we had a very limited squad and were 9th or 10th favourites for promotion.

We had an infinite higher chance of getting promoted via the play offs being in them than not being in them.

That’s the point.

From a personal point of view I put a lot of miles in watching us.

Could just about stomach it with my season pass on Swans TV but can't say I fancy watching us under Cooper in the flesh play offs or not.

Also heard a snippet on tallsport this morning that Cooper is desperate to get out of Swansea.

Maybe something has happened since the Play off or perhaps he just realises his stock will never be as high again.

But really needs to go.

patrick vieira to palace on 14:18 - Jun 30 with 518 views34dfgdf54

patrick vieira to palace on 14:15 - Jun 30 by guthrieintherain

From a personal point of view I put a lot of miles in watching us.

Could just about stomach it with my season pass on Swans TV but can't say I fancy watching us under Cooper in the flesh play offs or not.

Also heard a snippet on tallsport this morning that Cooper is desperate to get out of Swansea.

Maybe something has happened since the Play off or perhaps he just realises his stock will never be as high again.

But really needs to go.

He can't go until he's offered a job.

It's starting to get messy unfortunately by the looks.
patrick vieira to palace on 14:19 - Jun 30 with 514 viewsAndyCole

patrick vieira to palace on 14:04 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s the point.

We overachieved, massively exceeding expectations. Playing clever, controlled progressive football, getting the very best possible out of a limited resource pool.

Should Cooper choose to move onwards and upwards, sadly for us Playoffs will be but a dim and distant memory.

Especially as it seems we are still yet to hear of a credible improvement on Cooper. It will be interesting to see the perennial whiners here being forced to back somebody, at some point. Could be hilarious.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

patrick vieira to palace on 14:20 - Jun 30 with 512 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 14:13 - Jun 30 by ItchySphincter

In some respects Cooper did very well. For me promotion isn’t the be all and end all but the feeling of disappointment of failing under Cooper is greater than the feeling of failing under Potter, even though Cooper accumulated more points. There are far too many factors in the equation to come out with a right or wrong answer but the circumstances in which they managed, post relegation, during covid and the manner of play are all considerations. Potter did an okay job for me, could have done better but taking on a team after relegation, - he did okay, I would have liked to have seen him stay and have another go at it. Cooper’s style has been very pragmatic from day one, it hasn’t gone downhill in the last six months as I’ve read many times, it’s always been the same. We benefited greatly from the covid lockdown as the restart got us going when other clubs were snoozing and just seeing the season out. Had it not been for lockdown we probably wouldn’t have made the playoffs with the freak result and goal swing against Reading, and we may not have bettered Potter’s term. Last season was a missed opportunity. To come so close being as poor as we were it is reasonable to think that we could have got over the line if we had turned up on another three or four occasions. That’s not to say I think we were poor on three or four occasions, I think we’re poor throughout, and yet still got close. Cooper is like a Trojan horse, you think it’s all tactical and he’s about to unleash the potential that the team displays in glimpses, only for us to revert back to the cagey, plodding team that is built in his image. I don’t dislike the bloke, I’m sure he’s decent and well intentioned but will I shed a tear if he goes to Fulham? No. Do I see it as a sideways step? Yes. Would Palace or Brighton be a sideways step at this time? Under the circumstances no.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 14:16]

The feeling was worse for who?

I much preferred getting to the playoffs back to back than finishing mid table. Not even a comparison.

Under Cooper the resources have decreased while the results have increased. We went from 6th place finish to 4th place finish each year having to sell our best players and having millions less income.

Fulham will without any doubt be in a better place to go up than we will, that will show itself to be true very soon. It’s why they are the favourites for the title, so to go to a bigger club that is favourite for the title is a step up than being at a club that will be lucky to achieve mid table.

It’s a bit like calling a move from Southampton to Tottenham as a sideways step just because they are in the same league.

patrick vieira to palace on 14:22 - Jun 30 with 510 viewsguthrieintherain

patrick vieira to palace on 14:18 - Jun 30 by 34dfgdf54

Something has happened with Cooper and Winter I think.

You are right very messy the club dont want him Cooper wants away not a good combination.

patrick vieira to palace on 14:25 - Jun 30 with 505 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 14:18 - Jun 30 by 34dfgdf54

That’s not the point at which he can go.

He can’t go until the club accepts an offer.

It sounds like he had already agreed terms with Fulham, but they wouldn’t pay our asking price. That Fulham guy is a cracker fair play.

patrick vieira to palace on 14:32 - Jun 30 with 498 views34dfgdf54

patrick vieira to palace on 14:25 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s not the point at which he can go.

He can’t go until the club accepts an offer.

It sounds like he had already agreed terms with Fulham, but they wouldn’t pay our asking price. That Fulham guy is a cracker fair play.

Oh he's a cracker alright
patrick vieira to palace on 14:35 - Jun 30 with 493 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 14:32 - Jun 30 by 34dfgdf54

Oh he's a cracker alright

Agreed, he’s making you look very silly

You are so frustrated you have resorted to changing direct quotes again. I always know you are feeling the heat when you start doing that.

I hope you learn a lesson to think before you type after this. This has been a complete shocker for you hasn’t it?

patrick vieira to palace on 14:37 - Jun 30 with 491 views34dfgdf54

patrick vieira to palace on 14:35 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Agreed, he’s making you look very silly

You are so frustrated you have resorted to changing direct quotes again. I always know you are feeling the heat when you start doing that.

I hope you learn a lesson to think before you type after this. This has been a complete shocker for you hasn’t it?

Dear me you are the most deluded person I have ever come across in my entire life genuinely.

I hope Carl Curtis does us all a favour
patrick vieira to palace on 14:38 - Jun 30 with 487 viewsItchySphincter

patrick vieira to palace on 14:20 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

The feeling was worse for who?

I much preferred getting to the playoffs back to back than finishing mid table. Not even a comparison.

Under Cooper the resources have decreased while the results have increased. We went from 6th place finish to 4th place finish each year having to sell our best players and having millions less income.

Fulham will without any doubt be in a better place to go up than we will, that will show itself to be true very soon. It’s why they are the favourites for the title, so to go to a bigger club that is favourite for the title is a step up than being at a club that will be lucky to achieve mid table.

It’s a bit like calling a move from Southampton to Tottenham as a sideways step just because they are in the same league.

I had a season of watching Potter’s team at the Liberty v about half a season of watching Cooper’s, so I’m talking from a personal perspective about what I saw with my own eyes and the feeling I get watching my club on a match by match basis. I’m not buying that Cooper had less resources than Potter, in some ways he had more. Cooper didn’t have McBurnie but he had Ayew and Brewster. Potter had about three good months out of Dan James so what did Potter really have that Cooper didn’t? VdH? Not great under Potter, Cooper had Guehi. Celina? Not Cooper’s type but he had him and could’ve used him. What evidence is there to suggest that Cooper had a much weaker team or less resources than Potter?

Potter’s handling of a side in disarray from relegation coupled with crowd pleasing football earned him a move up. It appears that Cooper’s performance over the past two years is offering him a move sideways, unless he goes to Palace, which under the circumstances would be a step up at this time.

patrick vieira to palace on 14:39 - Jun 30 with 484 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 14:37 - Jun 30 by 34dfgdf54

Dear me you are the most deluded person I have ever come across in my entire life genuinely.

I hope Carl Curtis does us all a favour

You mean the person that puts you in your place more than anyone in your life?

Suck it up buttercup. Tell cArL I said hello

patrick vieira to palace on 14:42 - Jun 30 with 479 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 14:38 - Jun 30 by ItchySphincter

I had a season of watching Potter’s team at the Liberty v about half a season of watching Cooper’s, so I’m talking from a personal perspective about what I saw with my own eyes and the feeling I get watching my club on a match by match basis. I’m not buying that Cooper had less resources than Potter, in some ways he had more. Cooper didn’t have McBurnie but he had Ayew and Brewster. Potter had about three good months out of Dan James so what did Potter really have that Cooper didn’t? VdH? Not great under Potter, Cooper had Guehi. Celina? Not Cooper’s type but he had him and could’ve used him. What evidence is there to suggest that Cooper had a much weaker team or less resources than Potter?

Potter’s handling of a side in disarray from relegation coupled with crowd pleasing football earned him a move up. It appears that Cooper’s performance over the past two years is offering him a move sideways, unless he goes to Palace, which under the circumstances would be a step up at this time.

Right so it’s your feelings versus what actually happened again, these sort of discussions can’t really go anywhere.

Whether you buy Cooper having less resources or not is irrelevant, he just simply did. Potter spent more in his single season than Cooper in in both his combined. The players Potter had at his disposal that Cooper didn’t are tens of millions worth more than the other way around. It’s as simple as that.

Both Fulham and Palace will be above Brighton within 4 years, nobody seems to want to take me up on that. There is a reason for that.

patrick vieira to palace on 14:46 - Jun 30 with 474 views34dfgdf54

patrick vieira to palace on 14:39 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

You mean the person that puts you in your place more than anyone in your life?

Suck it up buttercup. Tell cArL I said hello

Dear me. Putting me in my place? Deluded to the extreme.

I wouldn't go down that route genuinely, we both know how that ends. It's not good.
patrick vieira to palace on 14:47 - Jun 30 with 465 viewsonehunglow

Is Steve is desperate to get out then all he has to do is write /type or text a letter of resignation.
Nobody is forcing him to stay at our club.

He will miss out financially but if he is DESPERATE,then he can see where the door is.

He can wipe his feet on way out too

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

patrick vieira to palace on 14:48 - Jun 30 with 468 viewsDr_Parnassus

patrick vieira to palace on 14:46 - Jun 30 by 34dfgdf54

Dear me. Putting me in my place? Deluded to the extreme.

I wouldn't go down that route genuinely, we both know how that ends. It's not good.

Yes absolutely, look at you, you are crumbling.

I’ll go down any route I choose squire, doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

Tug tug

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024