Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Graham Potter 15:18 - May 22 with 125672 viewsHuw57

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Graham Potter on 08:44 - May 30 with 4811 viewsWarwickHunt

Graham Potter on 03:59 - May 30 by stAteSwan

Considering we've not hired him for any position as of this moment, I'm not sure why we're all slating him for going on holiday.

I mean sure, if Huw comes out tomorrow and announces he's the manager, and the press conference isn't for two weeks because he's in New York...sure slate him. But we can't exactly expect a manager who can't even sign a contract here until we settle on terms with Osterunds to be sitting over here working the phones for transfers.

Like he'd be doing that anyway...
Graham Potter on 08:45 - May 30 with 4811 viewsjacksfullaces

might be wishful thinking but perhaps potter is actually doing his own background checks and research, and putting together a proposal that he needs to see in place for him to work effectively and eradicate some of the awful structures of the last few years.

in fact I know that is wishful thinking, as surely that is the work of those within the hierarchy and those who hold them to account.

yeah I know. same old, same old. moan, moan .. blah de blah ... :)
Graham Potter on 09:24 - May 30 with 4691 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Graham Potter on 18:39 - May 29 by jackjackjackjack

How is Mr Potter's holiday going? Hope he's having a nice relaxing time, nothing else he could be doing.

His team is on their mid season break for the World Cup so it’s perfectly reasonable to have a holiday. If another club were to reach an agreement with his current employer for his services his plans may change. Until they do I hope he’s enjoying his well earned break with his family.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Graham Potter on 10:16 - May 30 with 4572 viewsjackjackjackjack

Graham Potter on 09:24 - May 30 by Joe_bradshaw

His team is on their mid season break for the World Cup so it’s perfectly reasonable to have a holiday. If another club were to reach an agreement with his current employer for his services his plans may change. Until they do I hope he’s enjoying his well earned break with his family.

To be VERY successful in many careers you need to be driven and ruthless, including putting your job before your family, walking out on current employers etc. We don't want mediocrity, we need to be one of the two best clubs in the league, or at least in the top 6.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Graham Potter on 10:58 - May 30 with 4458 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Graham Potter on 10:16 - May 30 by jackjackjackjack

To be VERY successful in many careers you need to be driven and ruthless, including putting your job before your family, walking out on current employers etc. We don't want mediocrity, we need to be one of the two best clubs in the league, or at least in the top 6.

His success suggests he is driven. He has probably put his job before his family many times in the past.

His job is in Sweden managing a football team that he has taken from the fourth tier to the knockout stages of the Europa League. They are on a mid season break and he is on holiday. If and when Swansea City or any other club come to an agreement with his present club on compensation and with him on personal terms the situation changes. Until they do he’s on a well earned holiday.

Graham Potter on 11:06 - May 30 with 4415 viewsEU5Makaveli

I don’t understand why we as a club have to drag everything out, it’s obvious he’s coming- just pay the compensation package!

The sooner we get him in the better. The quicker it’s sorted out which players are coming/leaving the more chance we’ll have of a decent season. We must avoid another ‘sigurdsson’ sitatuion this year
Graham Potter on 11:17 - May 30 with 4363 viewsandypitt56

My Guess is that we cant appoint a new manager until June, probably because or Carvahals contract or something.
Graham Potter on 12:07 - May 30 with 4249 viewsJack_y_Jwc

Graham Potter on 10:16 - May 30 by jackjackjackjack

"We don't want mediocrity, we need to be one of the two best clubs in the league, or at least in the top 6."

I'd prepare to be disappointed if I were you

Login to get fewer ads

Graham Potter on 12:16 - May 30 with 4208 viewsjackjackjackjack

Graham Potter on 12:07 - May 30 by Jack_y_Jwc

"We don't want mediocrity, we need to be one of the two best clubs in the league, or at least in the top 6."

I'd prepare to be disappointed if I were you

I'll be alright. I don't think we'll be as bad as Sunderland, but I can't see us going straight up. Mid-table, playing good football, with a lot of the U-23s, will do for me.

Graham Potter on 12:58 - May 30 with 4081 viewsymaohyd

Graham Potter on 12:16 - May 30 by jackjackjackjack

I'll be alright. I don't think we'll be as bad as Sunderland, but I can't see us going straight up. Mid-table, playing good football, with a lot of the U-23s, will do for me.

Yes and me.

I think Potter has a huge future ahead of him, similar to Roy Hodgson who cut his teeth in Sweden and went onto manage Liverpool/England. It didn't work out for him (Liverpool/England) , but doesn't detract from his success at Fulham and the excellent job most recently at Palace.

Unfortunately for us i'm not sure Potter is the right man for us at this time. This is arguably the biggest rebuilding job in the clubs history, we need someone to be on the shop floor, starting that rebuilding job now. That said , as i agreed with you, mid table will do for me, so him having his holiday coming in, in a few weeks, steadying the ship, we should achieve that.

If that is the case, i think we can kiss goodbye to those who harbour hopes of going straight back up. For that to happen we need the squad to be sorted now etc. Credit to Warnock, what he achieved didn't happen by accident. Hard work, meticulous planning throughout the summer, not a rushed job at the end of the summer..a la Swansea City 2017 and 2018!

I think Stoke will dominate the league next season. They've made a swift appointment are well set up and doing a Warnock as we speak and Boro will grab 2nd.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Graham Potter on 13:07 - May 30 with 4033 viewsjackjackjackjack

Graham Potter on 12:58 - May 30 by ymaohyd

Yes and me.

I think Potter has a huge future ahead of him, similar to Roy Hodgson who cut his teeth in Sweden and went onto manage Liverpool/England. It didn't work out for him (Liverpool/England) , but doesn't detract from his success at Fulham and the excellent job most recently at Palace.

Unfortunately for us i'm not sure Potter is the right man for us at this time. This is arguably the biggest rebuilding job in the clubs history, we need someone to be on the shop floor, starting that rebuilding job now. That said , as i agreed with you, mid table will do for me, so him having his holiday coming in, in a few weeks, steadying the ship, we should achieve that.

If that is the case, i think we can kiss goodbye to those who harbour hopes of going straight back up. For that to happen we need the squad to be sorted now etc. Credit to Warnock, what he achieved didn't happen by accident. Hard work, meticulous planning throughout the summer, not a rushed job at the end of the summer..a la Swansea City 2017 and 2018!

I think Stoke will dominate the league next season. They've made a swift appointment are well set up and doing a Warnock as we speak and Boro will grab 2nd.

Yes, I can also see Stoke doing a Newcastle/West Ham. And I won't be entirely shocked if Boro's Summer transfers include a lot of big, tall, strong players.

Graham Potter on 13:12 - May 30 with 4004 viewsWarwickHunt

Graham Potter on 13:07 - May 30 by jackjackjackjack

Yes, I can also see Stoke doing a Newcastle/West Ham. And I won't be entirely shocked if Boro's Summer transfers include a lot of big, tall, strong players.

Tom ‘Thumb’ Carroll will have them for breakfast...
Graham Potter on 15:33 - May 30 with 3849 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Worrying we need Championship experience with so many ins and outs could work out but I doubt it.
Graham Potter on 16:42 - May 30 with 3739 viewsPrivate_Partz

Graham Potter on 12:58 - May 30 by ymaohyd

Yes and me.

What about WBA? Are they losing their players?
They are a mid table Premier League side that effed up by appointing Pardew and then keeping him for too long.
Keep the squad together and they could very well bounce straight back up.
We are up against it as we need to rebuild and it looks like The Ditherer will leave us panic buying at the end of the window yet again after off loading a big chunk of the playing staff.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Graham Potter on 17:14 - May 30 with 3639 viewsgiantstoneater

Graham Potter on 16:42 - May 30 by Private_Partz

They are a mid table Premier League side that effed up by appointing Pardew and then keeping him for too long.
We are up against it as we need to rebuild and it looks like The Ditherer will leave us panic buying at the end of the window yet again after off loading a big chunk of the playing staff.

It`s too quiet out there!! Whats the latest updates i feel like one of those vultures " Patience my arse i want to kill something"
Graham Potter on 17:17 - May 30 with 3622 viewsthornabyswan

Graham Potter on 17:14 - May 30 by giantstoneater

It`s too quiet out there!! Whats the latest updates i feel like one of those vultures " Patience my arse i want to kill something"

Derby struggling to get Lampard over the line.
Not just us taking time.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Graham Potter on 17:51 - May 30 with 3518 views34dfgdf54

Graham Potter on 16:42 - May 30 by Private_Partz

Jay Rodriguez and Rondon will both be off. It’s still early, all three relegated sides will lose a shed load of players.

Top ten finish next year will be a good season in my honest opinion.
Graham Potter on 17:56 - May 30 with 3501 viewsJoe_bradshaw

THere are loads of managers who would snap Huw’s hand off for the job but I fear that in the light of our managerial revolving door they would be the regulars on the merry go round who repeatedly fail, pocket the compensation and look for another mug Chairman.

Football is a close community and it will be very well known now that it’s a poisoned chalice down here. It’s a huge appointment for us and Potter’s next move will be a career make or break for him outside Sweden. He will be swapping what no doubt is a fantastic quality of life for him and his family in a place where he is the equivalent of our John Toshack with working for Huw, Steve, Jase and Leigh.

There is a feeling that the powers that be (Huw) really would like to go back to playing proper football and the appointment of a technical director to oversee that in concert with the manager would be a big step forward depending on who the two of them are. If I was Potter I would want to know who the TD is going to be and what my remit will be in terms of working with him on recruitment of players within the specified budget.

I imagine the conversations are complicated to say the least.

Graham Potter on 18:02 - May 30 with 3470 viewsBillyChong

Graham Potter on 17:56 - May 30 by Joe_bradshaw

THere are loads of managers who would snap Huw’s hand off for the job but I fear that in the light of our managerial revolving door they would be the regulars on the merry go round who repeatedly fail, pocket the compensation and look for another mug Chairman.

Football is a close community and it will be very well known now that it’s a poisoned chalice down here. It’s a huge appointment for us and Potter’s next move will be a career make or break for him outside Sweden. He will be swapping what no doubt is a fantastic quality of life for him and his family in a place where he is the equivalent of our John Toshack with working for Huw, Steve, Jase and Leigh.

There is a feeling that the powers that be (Huw) really would like to go back to playing proper football and the appointment of a technical director to oversee that in concert with the manager would be a big step forward depending on who the two of them are. If I was Potter I would want to know who the TD is going to be and what my remit will be in terms of working with him on recruitment of players within the specified budget.

I imagine the conversations are complicated to say the least.

Yeah it could well be him wanting reassurances, and understandably so after our recent managerial history. As you say crucial point in his career and lack of support from the board wouldn’t help his cause.
Graham Potter on 18:40 - May 30 with 3364 viewsAlfieMooresSon

As much experience of the Championship as Harry !!!
Graham Potter on 21:03 - May 30 with 3143 viewsBlue_Blood

Graham Potter on 18:02 - May 30 by BillyChong

Yeah it could well be him wanting reassurances, and understandably so after our recent managerial history. As you say crucial point in his career and lack of support from the board wouldn’t help his cause.

Surely that's a good thing!
Graham Potter on 06:51 - May 31 with 2828 viewsSTID2017

Graham Potter on 09:24 - May 30 by Joe_bradshaw

Assuming all the talking is over and it's a done deal, then Potter being away with his family is no big deal.
In these days of virtual meetings and teleconferencing, Potter can "meet" with the Board to discuss who he wants out, who'd he'd like in, then my guess is the rest would be up to HJ or whoever wlll be responsible for signings.
Potter will have seen our squad via TV, etc, and as he won't meet them in the flesh until they return for pre-season, then he can anylyse them wherever he is in the world
[Post edited 31 May 2018 6:53]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Graham Potter on 09:33 - May 31 with 2648 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Graham Potter on 06:51 - May 31 by STID2017

Assuming all the talking is over and it's a done deal, then Potter being away with his family is no big deal.
In these days of virtual meetings and teleconferencing, Potter can "meet" with the Board to discuss who he wants out, who'd he'd like in, then my guess is the rest would be up to HJ or whoever wlll be responsible for signings.
Potter will have seen our squad via TV, etc, and as he won't meet them in the flesh until they return for pre-season, then he can anylyse them wherever he is in the world
[Post edited 31 May 2018 6:53]

Potter has probably asked some perfectly reasonable questions such as:

Who is the Technical Director that I will be working with as that relationship is key on the football side of the club and will my football philosophy be followed?

How will the new recruitment set up work? Will I and/or the TD have a veto on incoming players and will we be instrumental in sourcing players to implement the football philosophy?

What is the net transfer budget?

Which players does the club need to move out as a matter of urgency due to their wages?

And no doubt plenty of others.

I wonder whether he’s had the answers yet and whether they’re the answers he wanted to hear?

Graham Potter on 09:47 - May 31 with 2597 viewsHighjack

Graham Potter on 08:45 - May 30 by jacksfullaces

might be wishful thinking but perhaps potter is actually doing his own background checks and research, and putting together a proposal that he needs to see in place for him to work effectively and eradicate some of the awful structures of the last few years.

in fact I know that is wishful thinking, as surely that is the work of those within the hierarchy and those who hold them to account.

yeah I know. same old, same old. moan, moan .. blah de blah ... :)

He’s probably just negotiating how much he’ll be paid off when we sack him in December.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Graham Potter on 10:01 - May 31 with 2565 viewsjackjackjackjack

Graham Potter on 09:47 - May 31 by Highjack

He’s probably just negotiating how much he’ll be paid off when we sack him in December.

If we're mid-table, or worse, in December, I bet the majority on here, me included, will be saying "sack him".

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024