Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bobs twitter account 09:08 - Oct 4 with 12760 viewsPintado

He is not helping himself lol, just read it.

Freddy Kruger has very sharp nails

Bobs twitter account on 11:14 - Oct 4 with 2466 viewsjack247

Bobs twitter account on 10:46 - Oct 4 by Flashberryjack

I really hope it's not genuine, but we do have a history of having ars*holes tweeting absolute sh*te at the club, and this Twitter account does seem to have JVZ' fingerprints all over it.

It's not genuine mate. It's ripping the piss out of him
Bobs twitter account on 11:20 - Oct 4 with 2455 viewsepaul

If people believe that account is real they need to take a good look at themselves ffs. It's actually quite funny fair play
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 11:23]

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Bobs twitter account on 11:21 - Oct 4 with 2453 viewsPtpeaty

The comment about Penclawdd is the big give away for me.
Bobs twitter account on 11:23 - Oct 4 with 2442 viewsunion_jack

Bobs twitter account on 11:21 - Oct 4 by Ptpeaty

Just about everything on it is a giveaway.

I'm speechless anyone can be in any doubt, totally speechless.

Very funny though.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Bobs twitter account on 11:36 - Oct 4 with 2395 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Bobs twitter account on 11:21 - Oct 4 by Ptpeaty

Every single post on there is a giveaway. How anyone could consider it authentic for more more than a nanosecond is beyond me.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Bobs twitter account on 11:39 - Oct 4 with 2377 viewsunion_jack

Bobs twitter account on 11:36 - Oct 4 by Joe_bradshaw

Every single post on there is a giveaway. How anyone could consider it authentic for more more than a nanosecond is beyond me.

Yeah, I just said that!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Bobs twitter account on 12:09 - Oct 4 with 2326 viewsDafyddHuw

The account's been suspended. I don't tweet, but isn't it the case that there's many false accounts on Twitter? So under what circumstances would the account be suspended? Shame cos it was well funny.
Bobs twitter account on 13:06 - Oct 4 with 2261 viewsDarran

Bobs twitter account on 12:09 - Oct 4 by DafyddHuw

The account's been suspended. I don't tweet, but isn't it the case that there's many false accounts on Twitter? So under what circumstances would the account be suspended? Shame cos it was well funny.

Pathetic.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Bobs twitter account on 13:40 - Oct 4 with 2189 viewsKrisP

Bobs twitter account on 13:06 - Oct 4 by Darran

Pathetic.

Maybe the OP reported him.
Bobs twitter account on 14:21 - Oct 4 with 2140 viewsLeonisGod

Bobs twitter account on 12:09 - Oct 4 by DafyddHuw

Some stuff was posted on there yesterday mentioning Dyer and Morgan (deleted very quickly I think), so it was obviously sailing close to the wind. But other than that I didn't see anything abusive - just a piss take parody. Bob himself or someone at the club probably lacks a sense of humour.

In the absence of that, we'll have to go back to laughing at other parodies of American coaches like the one posted yesterday:

Bobs twitter account on 15:08 - Oct 4 with 2071 viewsswansdaveh

account suppended
Bobs twitter account on 15:10 - Oct 4 with 2065 viewsswansdaveh

Bobs twitter account on 09:30 - Oct 4 by blueytheblue

If he means this one :-

https://twitter.com/Coach_B_Bradley

It's a very funny parody.

Account suspended
Bobs twitter account on 15:14 - Oct 4 with 2044 viewsgreggk

Bobs twitter account on 15:08 - Oct 4 by swansdaveh

account suppended

I know you guys want to think he is an idiot because he is an American.

Despite what you may think of him as a manager, he is an Ivy League educated which is on par with Cambridge and better than Oxford and the rest of the Universities in the UK. He is a very smart man.
Bobs twitter account on 15:15 - Oct 4 with 2038 viewsDarran

Bobs twitter account on 15:14 - Oct 4 by greggk

Despite what you may think of him as a manager, he is an Ivy League educated which is on par with Cambridge and better than Oxford and the rest of the Universities in the UK. He is a very smart man.

I don't my friend.

Do you like Cheap Trick?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bobs twitter account on 15:29 - Oct 4 with 2011 viewslondonlisa2001

On a par with Cambridge and better than the Oxford which is currently the top university in the world? How does that work??

On a more serious note, no one on here believes him to be stupid, and no one is criticising him because he is an American. Everyone wants him to succeed because if he succeeds then so do we.

The issue that people have with him has nothing to do with his nationality. It is to do with his suitability for the job. It is an enormous jump from the French Second Division to the premier league - that's why no other club in the premier league takes a manager from there. The only reason people are mentioning his nationality when discussing the appointment is because our owners being American is the only reason why he was considered in the first place - it is for commercial reasons - to increase our profile in the US so that they can improve our commercial prospects in one of the world's most rapidly growing markets for football.

If an American manager was appointed who had experience of the Italian, Spanish or German top divisions, no one would even remotely care that he was American as it would be obvious that he was suitable for the job.

I don't believe anyone blames him - he is just doing what everyone does and furthering his career as best he can. Our irritation is with the people at our club that make the decisions, not with Bob Bradley.

Finally, I imagine that if the numerous American sports fans and commentators at any point mentioned whether or not his appointment would be good for Swansea City rather than good for American sports, it may be a little less of an issue?
Bobs twitter account on 15:32 - Oct 4 with 1826 viewsHighjack

In America don't thick people get scholarships in universities if they are good at certain sports?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Bobs twitter account on 15:45 - Oct 4 with 1791 viewsgreggk

Bobs twitter account on 15:32 - Oct 4 by Highjack

In America don't thick people get scholarships in universities if they are good at certain sports?

Maybe to a State school but not to an Ivy league school or a top University.
You might get the nod over an equally good candidate because you are just as good as them at a sport.

But Princeton isn't a sports school. It is an academic school. It is where Einstein did he research when he came to the US. It is an equal to Oxford and Cambridge.
Bobs twitter account on 15:49 - Oct 4 with 1775 viewsblueytheblue

Football intelligence isn't the same as Ivy League education....

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Bobs twitter account on 15:54 - Oct 4 with 1765 viewsmonmouth

Bobs twitter account on 15:29 - Oct 4 by londonlisa2001

On a par with Cambridge and better than the Oxford which is currently the top university in the world? How does that work??

On a more serious note, no one on here believes him to be stupid, and no one is criticising him because he is an American. Everyone wants him to succeed because if he succeeds then so do we.

The issue that people have with him has nothing to do with his nationality. It is to do with his suitability for the job. It is an enormous jump from the French Second Division to the premier league - that's why no other club in the premier league takes a manager from there. The only reason people are mentioning his nationality when discussing the appointment is because our owners being American is the only reason why he was considered in the first place - it is for commercial reasons - to increase our profile in the US so that they can improve our commercial prospects in one of the world's most rapidly growing markets for football.

If an American manager was appointed who had experience of the Italian, Spanish or German top divisions, no one would even remotely care that he was American as it would be obvious that he was suitable for the job.

I don't believe anyone blames him - he is just doing what everyone does and furthering his career as best he can. Our irritation is with the people at our club that make the decisions, not with Bob Bradley.

Finally, I imagine that if the numerous American sports fans and commentators at any point mentioned whether or not his appointment would be good for Swansea City rather than good for American sports, it may be a little less of an issue?

Even he hasn't bothered saying it will be good for us mind. Him, his family and america. In that order.

He'd better do the business sharpish. If we don't get at least 10 points from the next 7 games and beat Man U and Arsenal he should clearly be sacked. Precedent has been set. Seven games is the benchmark and you have to beat the top 5 to survive.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bobs twitter account on 15:56 - Oct 4 with 1760 viewslondonlisa2001

Bobs twitter account on 15:54 - Oct 4 by monmouth

Even he hasn't bothered saying it will be good for us mind. Him, his family and america. In that order.

He'd better do the business sharpish. If we don't get at least 10 points from the next 7 games and beat Man U and Arsenal he should clearly be sacked. Precedent has been set. Seven games is the benchmark and you have to beat the top 5 to survive.

We should be grateful he hasn't thanked God.

I'm rather hoping he may give a presser later or tomorrow when he does mention the Swans.

We're out of sackings now though I think - either he works or we go down.

As I said yesterday, I hope the gamble pays off.
Bobs twitter account on 15:57 - Oct 4 with 1757 viewsgreggk

Bobs twitter account on 15:49 - Oct 4 by blueytheblue

Football intelligence isn't the same as Ivy League education....

Fair enough, not saying it is. But what your supporters were willing to believe this twitter was real because of your unfair belief that all american are dumb.

Whether he does or does not have the football intelligence to manage your club has yet to be seen.
But the fact he attended one of the top universities in the world at least says he is a smart man outside of football.
Bobs twitter account on 16:01 - Oct 4 with 1747 viewsjack247

Bobs twitter account on 15:57 - Oct 4 by greggk

Fair enough, not saying it is. But what your supporters were willing to believe this twitter was real because of your unfair belief that all american are dumb.

Whether he does or does not have the football intelligence to manage your club has yet to be seen.
But the fact he attended one of the top universities in the world at least says he is a smart man outside of football.

To be fair, it would only have been a small minority of our fanbase taking that twitter account seriously
Bobs twitter account on 16:05 - Oct 4 with 1735 viewsmonmouth

Bobs twitter account on 15:57 - Oct 4 by greggk

I like managers with intelligence. I think it is important.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bobs twitter account on 16:06 - Oct 4 with 1729 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Practically every prominent coach or manager, NFL, NBA, Premier League, whatever, has one of these parody accounts.

Even Monk had "Drunk Garry Monk."

What kind of humorless a-holes would get this one suspended after just one day?

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Bobs twitter account on 16:13 - Oct 4 with 1708 viewsstAteSwan

Bobs twitter account on 16:06 - Oct 4 by Tummer_from_Texas

Practically every prominent coach or manager, NFL, NBA, Premier League, whatever, has one of these parody accounts.

Even Monk had "Drunk Garry Monk."

What kind of humorless a-holes would get this one suspended after just one day?

I can't say for certain, but unlike most Parody accounts, this one never claimed to be a parody. That might be part of the reason.

As we've already seen, there are people in this world who actually are foolish enough to believe the account is real, so it has to go.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024