Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday 18:21 - Apr 12 with 11949 viewsFatCat

Any other Dale Exiles on this board that will be going to this Saturday's Exiles day at Spotland?
I will be travelling up from deepest Essex and hope to meet up with other Exiles on the day.
Maybe round off the day with a drink or two at the Cem!
Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 15:03 - Apr 16 with 3195 viewsNigeriamark

Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 14:35 - Apr 15 by Peaky

Done this trip a few times myself 😜 I came back in the promotion season to see us lose 1-0 away at barnet. Managed to score a lift down to the game of a great fake fan and his son. Really poor game but fantastic day

Was booked in for this but cannot now make it due to Visa issues so a mate from Preston has taken my ticket.

Have done it 3 times before and it is a great day, and nice to see it is pretty much sold out

Enjoy the day ( I am on Dale player instead - not quite the same!!!)

Even more gutted to have missed it with that result. Might need to plan for Wembley !!
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 17:05]
Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 17:16 - Apr 16 with 3092 viewsfitzochris

While I'm not technically an exile (I still get to a decent-ish amount of home games) I thought I'd make use of my Trust membership today.

What an amazing day. Thanks to Frances, Murray, Dave and Suggy looking after us. Thanks to Keith Hill and the players for being accommodating before the game too.

The only black mark goes to whoever vandalised Hilly's tactics board. He was livid.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 19:06 - Apr 16 with 2885 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 17:16 - Apr 16 by fitzochris

While I'm not technically an exile (I still get to a decent-ish amount of home games) I thought I'd make use of my Trust membership today.

What an amazing day. Thanks to Frances, Murray, Dave and Suggy looking after us. Thanks to Keith Hill and the players for being accommodating before the game too.

The only black mark goes to whoever vandalised Hilly's tactics board. He was livid.

Neil McDonald??
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 19:08]
Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 19:21 - Apr 16 with 2838 viewsRosun

Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 19:06 - Apr 16 by Albert_Whitehurst

Neil McDonald??
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 19:08]

Nah. I don't think he knows what one of those is.
Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 20:11 - Apr 16 with 2732 viewsTalkingSutty

Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 17:16 - Apr 16 by fitzochris

Bloody stupid thing to do and a lack of respect towards the manager. It's understandable that he would be livid probably a hour before the game kicked off, he would have been pumped up anyway with it being Matchday.

When I first heard about it I though it was something and nothing, but the more you think about it can anybody blame Hilly for kicking off. I hope the culprit is man enough to contact the manager and apologise, a prank that backfired.
Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 21:44 - Apr 16 with 2613 viewsSheffdale

Another grand day out and thanks to all who played their part in making the day a success. Frances looks to be working her socks off and glad she seems to have enjoyed her whirlwind first year. Good to see the chair and directors mingling and giving credence to the Team Rochdale ethos. Shame about the incident of course but the football was good again against pretty poor opposition. These 3-0 victories against Lancashire rivals are getting a bit predictable. We decided to stop over despite only living in Sheffield so the Mercure in Castleton gets our thumbs up as in the hotel blurb it says nearby attractions include Rochdale and Manchester City football clubs (yes in that order!). I'm trying to persuade my wife that we really need to stay until Tuesday evening.....
Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 22:32 - Apr 17 with 2390 viewsR17ALE

Forgetting whatever alleged offence has taken place (and I cannot believe an exile would do such a daft thing), it's great that so many of our exiles have enjoyed a top day at Spotland.

The club should keep doing as much as it can to keep this wonderful group of people involved. They are just as important as those of us who leave home at 2pm! And their commitment is the equal of any Rochdalian resident. To keep the faith living God knows where is fantastic in my view.

EDIT: Changed special to wonderful as I didn't want people thinking I was Flicker!
[Post edited 17 Apr 2016 22:33]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 07:35 - Apr 18 with 2243 viewsfitzochris

Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 22:32 - Apr 17 by R17ALE

Forgetting whatever alleged offence has taken place (and I cannot believe an exile would do such a daft thing), it's great that so many of our exiles have enjoyed a top day at Spotland.

The club should keep doing as much as it can to keep this wonderful group of people involved. They are just as important as those of us who leave home at 2pm! And their commitment is the equal of any Rochdalian resident. To keep the faith living God knows where is fantastic in my view.

EDIT: Changed special to wonderful as I didn't want people thinking I was Flicker!
[Post edited 17 Apr 2016 22:33]

Completely agree. There were people there who haven't been to a Dale game since last season but were no less enthusiastic about the club. Add to that the way everyone was looked after, the match itself and the opportunity to chat with Hilly and the players, it was indeed a wonderful day.

As to the incident, there was genuine disbelief in the room that someone there could have done it. It was difficult to see how, too, as we were accompanied at all times on the tour and Hilly came out of his office to speak to us all, we didn't go in there.

It's just a shame, because whoever did do it, in our room or otherwise, put a downer on the day given the way Hilly reacted to it, saying he will no longer make himself available for tours etc.

I hope it doesn't put the Trust off doing the event again next year.

Login to get fewer ads

Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 08:06 - Apr 18 with 2217 viewsTalkingSutty

Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 07:35 - Apr 18 by fitzochris

Completely agree. There were people there who haven't been to a Dale game since last season but were no less enthusiastic about the club. Add to that the way everyone was looked after, the match itself and the opportunity to chat with Hilly and the players, it was indeed a wonderful day.

As to the incident, there was genuine disbelief in the room that someone there could have done it. It was difficult to see how, too, as we were accompanied at all times on the tour and Hilly came out of his office to speak to us all, we didn't go in there.

It's just a shame, because whoever did do it, in our room or otherwise, put a downer on the day given the way Hilly reacted to it, saying he will no longer make himself available for tours etc.

That's a shame, obviously somebody has done it and maybe that person should man up and apologise for his/ her daft actions. That's all it is daft, but it's disrespectful to the manager and you can understand his reaction.

Sometimes people do things as a bit of a laugh and it backfires, they haven't thought out what they have done,I've done that a few times over the years. It's a storm in a teacup and all it needs is an apology I reckon.
Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 11:24 - Apr 19 with 2049 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 07:35 - Apr 18 by fitzochris

So potentially, it might not have been someone in the Exiles group then?
Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 11:34 - Apr 19 with 2029 viewsfitzochris

Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 11:24 - Apr 19 by Albert_Whitehurst

So potentially, it might not have been someone in the Exiles group then?

Personally, I'd be amazed if it was someone on the Exiles' Day, hence why I was sure to say: "On the Exiles' Day or otherwise" and "In our room or otherwise" in my posts.

I just can't see how anyone in our room would be inclined to, or had the chance to, do it.

Any road, whoever did do it has potentially ruined future days out at the club, given the way Hilly reacted.

Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 12:06 - Apr 19 with 1975 viewsdingdangblue

Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 11:34 - Apr 19 by fitzochris

Personally, I'd be amazed if it was someone on the Exiles' Day, hence why I was sure to say: "On the Exiles' Day or otherwise" and "In our room or otherwise" in my posts.

I just can't see how anyone in our room would be inclined to, or had the chance to, do it.

Any road, whoever did do it has potentially ruined future days out at the club, given the way Hilly reacted.

I reckon it was Jack Redshaw

#couldhereach?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 13:20 - Apr 19 with 1881 viewsroccydaleian

Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 12:06 - Apr 19 by dingdangblue

I reckon it was Jack Redshaw

#couldhereach?

No, he was busy having an argument with Jack the kit man, and telling him to pick on someone his own size....
Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 13:34 - Apr 19 with 1852 viewsdingdangblue

Exiles Day v Blackpool Saturday on 13:20 - Apr 19 by roccydaleian

No, he was busy having an argument with Jack the kit man, and telling him to pick on someone his own size....

I did notice even Jamie Allen was looking down on him stood next to him last Saturday.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024