Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Naismith deal unlikely 22:53 - Jan 14 with 2528 viewsLandore_Jack

SWANSEA City look unlikely to sign Steven Naismith despite Alan Curtis admitting he thinks the Everton star is an "excellent player".

Swansea boss Curtis has spelled out his admiration for Naismith, who has been made available by Everton because he wants regular football.

But it is Norwich City who are favourites to land the Scottish international, with the Swansea hierarchy thought to be unconvinced about the merits of signing Naismith in a deal which is likely to be worth at least £8 million.

The 29-year-old Scot is a hard-working attacking midfielder or wideman who can be expected to chip in with a few goals.

But though Curtis thinks he would be useful asset for his goal-shy Swansea, it appears there is little chance of a deal happening at this stage.

The Swansea board may be put off by what is a significant price tag for a player who, given his age, is unlikely to have much resale value.

And that could leave the way clear for Norwich, who have been on Naismith's trail for some time, to get a deal done.

Canaries boss Alex Neil tried to sign the former Rangers man last summer but saw a £7 million offer turned down.

But Neil remains keen on his fellow Scot and it looks as though he will eventually get his man.

Everton's former Swansea manager Roberto Martinez has indicated that Naismith will leave Goodison Park this month because he is keen to get more game-time.

And Curtis has revealed he is an admirer of the Toffees star – and suggested Swansea could be interested in getting a deal done.

"I think he's on a list," said Swansea's interim manager.

"I know he's a player (who is) available – he's an excellent player.

"Like all good players, if we can afford to bring him in, then we will be interested.

"We're still looking for that main striker. Steve is probably someone who plays just behind the main striker but someone we will be interested in."

Naismith has scored four goals in 13 appearances this season, with three of those striker coming in one memorable game against Chelsea.

In all, he has scored 25 goals in 123 Everton games since joining from Rangers in 2012.

http://m.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-unlikely-sign-Everton-star-St
[Post edited 15 Jan 2016 7:15]

#backtojack

Naismith deal unlikely on 22:57 - Jan 14 with 2484 viewsSwansea93

It is a high price considering his age but this is what you pay nowadays, don't matter about re sale value at this point he'd improve our team and I bet Gomis would of earned over 8m for his sign on fee and wages over his contract.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Naismith deal unlikely on 23:01 - Jan 14 with 2428 viewsdobjack2

Naismith deal unlikely on 22:57 - Jan 14 by Swansea93

It is a high price considering his age but this is what you pay nowadays, don't matter about re sale value at this point he'd improve our team and I bet Gomis would of earned over 8m for his sign on fee and wages over his contract.

He isn't a centre forward - our main objective - so would either be used wide where he doesn't have the pace or instead of siggy. So whilst he has good qualities doesn't really fit our set up and would take up too much of our money for a utility player.
Naismith deal unlikely on 23:01 - Jan 14 with 2417 viewsLandore_Jack

Absolutely gutted. Would have been a great signing. A real coup for Norwich if they get him. Huw & co look to be taking the cheap option into luring Scott Sinclair.

#backtojack

Naismith deal unlikely on 23:05 - Jan 14 with 2360 viewsHuw57

Doumbia, De Guzman and Sinclair. That's fine by me.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Naismith deal unlikely on 23:07 - Jan 14 with 2333 viewshobo

Good decision by us if they want £8m for him
Naismith deal unlikely on 23:08 - Jan 14 with 2317 viewsbkjack

Omfg what is wrong with this club with gives a sh/t about a sell on clause it's all about the here and now if he can chip in with goals and assists he will give us more than a sell on clause if we are able to stay up with next years money
Naismith deal unlikely on 23:12 - Jan 14 with 2286 viewsmarchamjack

If it really is that much money its a big NO from me, much rather spend what money we have on a centre forward, which is what we need more desperately than any other position.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Naismith deal unlikely on 23:18 - Jan 14 with 2227 viewsSwansea93

Naismith deal unlikely on 23:05 - Jan 14 by Huw57

De Guzman ain't played a game all season and just had surgery so he's not going to be match fit for a while.

Scott Sinclair aint played much since leaving us and ain't helping Villa alot.

Doumbia is unproven and could be a gamble but heard good things about him.

With Naismith you're getting a hard worker who will score goals and knows the league well.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Login to get fewer ads

Naismith deal unlikely on 23:21 - Jan 14 with 2204 viewsraynor94

Won't lose any sleep over this, I'm also unconvinced

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Naismith deal unlikely on 23:21 - Jan 14 with 2199 viewsmax936

Disappointing news, he can be unplayable at times, decent tricky goal scorer and a hardworker who is always looking for work and he's definitely got the pace to play on the wing, he would do well here, Norwich will get a very good player, really hope he doesn't go there.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Naismith deal unlikely on 23:59 - Jan 14 with 2067 viewsQuakerJack

Naismith deal unlikely on 23:08 - Jan 14 by bkjack

Omfg what is wrong with this club with gives a sh/t about a sell on clause it's all about the here and now if he can chip in with goals and assists he will give us more than a sell on clause if we are able to stay up with next years money

This...

What on earth is he 'unconvinced' by??

His 110% attitude?
His work rate?
His ability?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Naismith deal unlikely on 00:01 - Jan 15 with 2054 viewsQuakerJack

Naismith deal unlikely on 23:21 - Jan 14 by raynor94

Won't lose any sleep over this, I'm also unconvinced

If we'd signed him you'd be purring.

Are you Huw Jenkins?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Naismith deal unlikely on 00:22 - Jan 15 with 1985 viewsmonmouth

Naismith deal unlikely on 23:21 - Jan 14 by max936

Disappointing news, he can be unplayable at times, decent tricky goal scorer and a hardworker who is always looking for work and he's definitely got the pace to play on the wing, he would do well here, Norwich will get a very good player, really hope he doesn't go there.

Unplayable?? Huh? This is Stevie Naismith the rather ordinary ginger/baldy Jocko midfielder that can't get in the Evostick team Max? Or is it Ronaldo Messmith we're talking?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Naismith deal unlikely on 07:10 - Jan 15 with 1800 viewsDr_Winston

Naismith deal unlikely on 23:01 - Jan 14 by dobjack2

He isn't a centre forward - our main objective - so would either be used wide where he doesn't have the pace or instead of siggy. So whilst he has good qualities doesn't really fit our set up and would take up too much of our money for a utility player.

This. If he was a shitload cheaper, maybe. That kind a money for a player in a position we're already well covered in, no thanks.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Naismith deal unlikely on 07:22 - Jan 15 with 1741 viewsmax936

Naismith deal unlikely on 00:22 - Jan 15 by monmouth

Unplayable?? Huh? This is Stevie Naismith the rather ordinary ginger/baldy Jocko midfielder that can't get in the Evostick team Max? Or is it Ronaldo Messmith we're talking?

Well, Chelsea felt so earlier in the season, but remarkably he's hardly had a look in since, he nearly always makes things happen, although it must be said that a lot of those times as been from the bench, we are not Everton though, so I'd suggest he'd be a starter here.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Naismith deal unlikely on 07:30 - Jan 15 with 1714 viewsdobjack2

Naismith deal unlikely on 07:22 - Jan 15 by max936

Well, Chelsea felt so earlier in the season, but remarkably he's hardly had a look in since, he nearly always makes things happen, although it must be said that a lot of those times as been from the bench, we are not Everton though, so I'd suggest he'd be a starter here.

Start instead of who though as he isn't a centre forward?
Naismith deal unlikely on 07:57 - Jan 15 with 1632 viewsLandore_Jack

Sell Montero and sign Naismith. A much better player.

#backtojack

Naismith deal unlikely on 07:59 - Jan 15 with 1622 viewsDewi1jack

Naismith deal unlikely on 23:18 - Jan 14 by Swansea93

De Guzman ain't played a game all season and just had surgery so he's not going to be match fit for a while.

Scott Sinclair aint played much since leaving us and ain't helping Villa alot.

Doumbia is unproven and could be a gamble but heard good things about him.

With Naismith you're getting a hard worker who will score goals and knows the league well.

This.
My misgivings as well.
Plus JDG hasn't long had a groin op- no game since.
There is a chance it could go titsup.

Only way I'd even contemplate saying yes to JDG is if the parent club will pay 100% of his wages and no loan fee.
JDG- a bloke who cant tackle, is a midfielder etc against Naismith. A bloke who will fight over every blade of grass,
No contest.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Naismith deal unlikely on 08:21 - Jan 15 with 1531 viewsshandyjack

Naismith deal unlikely on 23:05 - Jan 14 by Huw57

very good business for me, if we could keep Gomis and have those 3 i'd be happy

Poll: Expectation for the season

Naismith deal unlikely on 08:30 - Jan 15 with 1494 viewsraynor94

Naismith deal unlikely on 00:01 - Jan 15 by QuakerJack

If we'd signed him you'd be purring.

Are you Huw Jenkins?

At 8 million, I don't think so, the January window does funny things people, much prefer Doumbia

Naismith deal unlikely on 08:32 - Jan 15 with 1483 viewslovejuicejack

Naismith deal unlikely on 08:30 - Jan 15 by raynor94

At 8 million, I don't think so, the January window does funny things people, much prefer Doumbia

Well he ain't coming
Naismith deal unlikely on 08:39 - Jan 15 with 1454 viewsraynor94

Naismith deal unlikely on 08:32 - Jan 15 by lovejuicejack

Well he ain't coming

Even so I wouldn't want to pay 8 million for a Everton beach warmer, we need a centre forward

Naismith deal unlikely on 08:52 - Jan 15 with 1401 viewsPegojack

Naismith deal unlikely on 23:12 - Jan 14 by marchamjack

If it really is that much money its a big NO from me, much rather spend what money we have on a centre forward, which is what we need more desperately than any other position.

This, with knobs on.
Naismith deal unlikely on 08:58 - Jan 15 with 1366 viewslovejuicejack

Naismith deal unlikely on 08:39 - Jan 15 by raynor94

Even so I wouldn't want to pay 8 million for a Everton beach warmer, we need a centre forward

I agree, priority is a goal scorer
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024