Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Tickets 10:29 - Aug 3 with 2361 viewsSuggers

I suppose the prospect of a season (or more hopefully) in Division 1 after 25 years of watching was enough to twist my arm and have just bought a season ticket!! Also, the prospect of many more all ticket games when I would not be able to get tickets in the week (shock horror Dale fan works away from Rochdale) means it was time to bite the bullet.

I am afraid the experience was not a great one, although speedily transacted, the website still has a message saying the phone lines are down (they are not) and of the 8 (eight) options available when you make the call, none of them are for the ticket office. Now I am no sales person, but I would have thought sales enquiries would have been higher up the list than Football in the Community when it comes to first impressions.

Then we have a £4 credit card charge and a £2 admin fee for applying over the phone. I can swallow the credit card charge (although I think for £4 I would absorb that cost) but the admin charge is taking the proverbial. How many of us get a 2p bag a TK Maxx?? It is the principal of the charge that people object to. If we are aiming higher then we must accept we are dealing with more people who do not live next to the ground and therefore the telephone or the web is the most convenient way to transact business. Charging those who you want to attract is not a good strategy.

Its easy to pick holes, and we are all experts, but the recent threads around the back office effectivness have been demonstrated to me. Things just needs to get more professional, it has an amateur feel.

I am sure everyone is doing their best, but in my view it is leadership, standards (attention to detail) and direction that need improving.

Roll on Saturday then we will have something football related to talk about!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024