Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mobile phone use in Swansea.com 19:30 - Sep 30 with 1379 viewsSkewenMitch

when I attend games the best I can get on SKY Mobile is very weak 3G. Which are the better networks for getting half times and updates inside the ground?
Mobile phone use in Swansea.com on 19:45 - Sep 30 with 1336 viewsRhonddaSwans

I am Tesco and it doesn’t work either.

You would think in this day and age the club would supply free Wi-Fi knowing how bad reception is.

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

Mobile phone use in Swansea.com on 20:55 - Sep 30 with 1291 viewsGixerJack

O2 has never worked there either can’t even send a text or WhatsApp
Mobile phone use in Swansea.com on 20:58 - Sep 30 with 1279 viewsRhonddaSwans

Mobile phone use in Swansea.com on 20:55 - Sep 30 by GixerJack

O2 has never worked there either can’t even send a text or WhatsApp

We need to get the trust involved.
We need Wi-Fi as I like to bet keeping track of the score is vital.

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

Mobile phone use in Swansea.com on 21:00 - Sep 30 with 1265 viewsDr_Winston

Wifi powerful enough to potentially manage 20,000 extra devices? Not sure if that's possible.

One of the reasons why it's hard to get a service down there is because the local towers can barely manage on a match day. It's easier to get online when the game is ongoing than at half time.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Mobile phone use in Swansea.com on 21:18 - Sep 30 with 1232 viewsSullutaCreturned

Mobile phone use in Swansea.com on 21:00 - Sep 30 by Dr_Winston

Wifi powerful enough to potentially manage 20,000 extra devices? Not sure if that's possible.

One of the reasons why it's hard to get a service down there is because the local towers can barely manage on a match day. It's easier to get online when the game is ongoing than at half time.

I haven't had the same problems at away games. I had full signal at WBA and Coventry this season, no problems at the 7 away games last season but at home it was ok until some point in the EPL when it died, as if it's being blocked, turned off?
Mobile phone use in Swansea.com on 21:24 - Sep 30 with 1215 viewsDr_Winston

Mobile phone use in Swansea.com on 21:18 - Sep 30 by SullutaCreturned

I haven't had the same problems at away games. I had full signal at WBA and Coventry this season, no problems at the 7 away games last season but at home it was ok until some point in the EPL when it died, as if it's being blocked, turned off?

I've never got much of a signal there during breaks in play, worse during the Prem era. I'm with EE and it's usually pretty good wherever else I am.

Do still think it's more to do with local tower capacity.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Mobile phone use in Swansea.com on 21:32 - Sep 30 with 1187 viewsQJumpingJack

I raised it with the club about 12 years ago but I was told "it is too expensive".

If the phone signal was good every fan becomes a marketeer for the club. Someone like Mr Gude should take this on as a project to help the supporters.
Mobile phone use in Swansea.com on 23:07 - Sep 30 with 1101 viewsKeithHaynes

Mobile phone use in Swansea.com on 21:32 - Sep 30 by QJumpingJack

I raised it with the club about 12 years ago but I was told "it is too expensive".

If the phone signal was good every fan becomes a marketeer for the club. Someone like Mr Gude should take this on as a project to help the supporters.

He’s already doing one 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Mobile phone use in Swansea.com on 10:45 - Oct 1 with 910 viewsRichardO

Mobile phone use in Swansea.com on 21:24 - Sep 30 by Dr_Winston

I've never got much of a signal there during breaks in play, worse during the Prem era. I'm with EE and it's usually pretty good wherever else I am.

Do still think it's more to do with local tower capacity.

The mobile towers were originally built for carrying speech channels only about 30 conversations at a single time, they have been since been updated to carry a lot more traffic be it speech or data but has a limit as you say and cannot cope with the amount of data being used.
EE towers struggle to supply the data speeds required to provide data and speech in Neath at times resulting numerous lost calls, it is the same on the towers around the stadium area on match days.
Seeing as the clubs ticketing is now expected to be on the mobile phone the club should supply free WiFi all around the ground because the mobile phone towers cannot cope with the demand as they designed to cope with normal usage not the peaks of match days.
There is free WiFi in the Mel Nurse bar that works well presume there is similar in selected areas of the ground but it should be extended to everywhere in the ground and the immediate area around the outside of the ground to enhance the matchday experience.
As for ticketing I always carry a screen shot of my seasin ticket.
Mobile phone use in Swansea.com on 14:57 - Oct 1 with 792 viewsAnotherJohn

As far as I can see O2 coverage is poor in many parts of Swansea. I had to shift two accounts from Virgin Mobile (EE) to O2 as part of their tie up and Volt promotion, and immediately suffered a loss of signal quality. I cancelled the account I use for my son (no long-term contract), but had to keep the one for my wife because otherwise I lose the cheaper price on my overall internet/TV/landline package. We have very poor coverage in Uplands and indeed several parts of town. I've had to pay for my wife to have a 2nd cheap simcard to make her phone useable (Lebara on Vodaphone is better). O2 admit there is a problem. They gave me a small one-off payment by way of compensation but won't reduce the monthly tariff.
Mobile phone use in Swansea.com on 16:44 - Oct 1 with 743 viewsGwyn737

To be fair, I don’t think I’ve ever been to a big sporting event or concert that had good mobile coverage.
Mobile phone use in Swansea.com on 18:00 - Oct 1 with 682 viewsvetchonian

There was an article recently on Wales Online about the the poor signal in genaral around Swansea.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Mobile phone use in Swansea.com on 21:51 - Oct 1 with 558 viewsEagleEye

Mobile phone use in Swansea.com on 16:44 - Oct 1 by Gwyn737

To be fair, I don’t think I’ve ever been to a big sporting event or concert that had good mobile coverage.

No issues at Westfalenstadion (Borussia Dortmund) or Volksparkstadion (HSV Hamburg) where crowds are generally 50,000+ in the Bundesliga. Much is due to local infrastructure & some down to local club. Infrastructure in this part of the country is poor, can’t see the club spending any money to improve the match day experience with no return. That’s just the way it is in this country
Mobile phone use in Swansea.com on 22:00 - Oct 1 with 540 viewsWhiterockin

Mobile phone use in Swansea.com on 21:51 - Oct 1 by EagleEye

No issues at Westfalenstadion (Borussia Dortmund) or Volksparkstadion (HSV Hamburg) where crowds are generally 50,000+ in the Bundesliga. Much is due to local infrastructure & some down to local club. Infrastructure in this part of the country is poor, can’t see the club spending any money to improve the match day experience with no return. That’s just the way it is in this country

Spend the money on WiFi instead of the pre match fan park, more people would use it. This is not the USA and we are not watching American football.
Mobile phone use in Swansea.com on 07:19 - Oct 2 with 422 viewsSullutaCreturned

Mobile phone use in Swansea.com on 22:00 - Oct 1 by Whiterockin

Spend the money on WiFi instead of the pre match fan park, more people would use it. This is not the USA and we are not watching American football.

This is why we'll always need more than just 2 questions....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024