Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? 11:44 - Jul 10 with 4614 viewsAnotherJohn

The above is the Senedd's latest wheeze.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/librarians-told-to-challenge-paradigm-of-w

Somebody is obviously interested in a "paradigm shift", but I wonder how many MSs have read Thomas Kuhn. Personally I would rather challenge the world view where corruption is tolerated, and the race card is accepted as a "get out of jail free" card.
Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 21:50 - Jul 10 with 1066 viewsDr_Winston

Unfortunately this is how the centre left thinks these days. Everyone is a victim instead of white people, which is why they hate non-white people who align themselves with the right more than anyone else.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 22:25 - Jul 10 with 1026 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 21:50 - Jul 10 by Dr_Winston

Unfortunately this is how the centre left thinks these days. Everyone is a victim instead of white people, which is why they hate non-white people who align themselves with the right more than anyone else.

The BBC Today Programme interviewed a University Professor about the legal position of Biden's health and then asked why do black people vote for Trump, underlining your point perfectly.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 06:09 - Jul 11 with 960 viewsAnotherJohn

Meanwhile the Scottish Government unveils plans for tax-payer funded art classes and bus passes for migrants to combat "racist micro aggressions".

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/scotland-to-send-asylum-seekers-to-arts-cl
Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 06:55 - Jul 11 with 956 viewsDr_Winston

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 22:25 - Jul 10 by JACKMANANDBOY

The BBC Today Programme interviewed a University Professor about the legal position of Biden's health and then asked why do black people vote for Trump, underlining your point perfectly.

They hate anyone "far right" (IE anyone to the right of Corbyn in most cases) but their most vitriolic hatred is reserved for the likes of Katherine Birbalsingh, Kemi Badenoch, Sajid Javid, Suella Braverman or Priti Patel.

They see them as "Uncle Tom" types. Traitors. As if anyone non-white should just get in line and think like they're supposed to.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 09:53 - Jul 11 with 910 viewsBoundy

and not a non white was blamed , ever,

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/slave-shackle-removed-british-sailor-1907/

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 11:22 - Jul 11 with 897 viewsAnotherJohn

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 09:53 - Jul 11 by Boundy

and not a non white was blamed , ever,

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/slave-shackle-removed-british-sailor-1907/

This is something that should feature more prominently in the historical record. Instead many libraries will turn to the one-sided history put out by writers like David Olusoga, who just can't get those chips off their shoulders.
Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 12:20 - Jul 11 with 875 viewsBoundy

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 11:22 - Jul 11 by AnotherJohn

This is something that should feature more prominently in the historical record. Instead many libraries will turn to the one-sided history put out by writers like David Olusoga, who just can't get those chips off their shoulders.

I'm afraid David Olusoga, is one of too many who decry the country's past totally ignoring the place in history where black Africa did so much harm to it's own , another is Imarn Ayton who is a race baiter of the worst kind (not that there's a good kind ) and seems to like targeting the church.

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 12:57 - Jul 11 with 855 viewsGwyn737

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 12:20 - Jul 11 by Boundy

I'm afraid David Olusoga, is one of too many who decry the country's past totally ignoring the place in history where black Africa did so much harm to it's own , another is Imarn Ayton who is a race baiter of the worst kind (not that there's a good kind ) and seems to like targeting the church.

You mention where black did harm to it's own. Totally true.

Where's the clip where black did harm to white?
Login to get fewer ads

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 13:11 - Jul 11 with 852 viewsGwyn737

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 12:57 - Jul 11 by Gwyn737

By the way, I'm not really coming from a race angle on this, more that I think it's important that historical truths are recognised so we can learn from them and they're not distorted, particularly by the 'winners'.

Often it's not intentional, entertainment has a big part to play to in retelling stories.

I know this is emotive, but take the Battle of Britain for example. It could be thought by the way it's been framed that a few brave british soldiers took on a ruthless German war machine and prevailed.

This of course has a lot of truth to it, but fails to mention that the squadrons had pilots of 16 nationalities, the air force was a highly skilled, efficient organisation with more planes and and the use of RADAR to spot the germans coming. Anf of course we were at home, able to run several missions a day wheres the Germans were flying in from France.

I think that knowledge that doesn't necessarily mark you out as a complete hero in every situation is important.

That's what I see they're trying to do with the libraries.
[Post edited 11 Jul 13:11]
Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 13:23 - Jul 11 with 834 viewsAnotherJohn

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 12:57 - Jul 11 by Gwyn737

Here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p033v6y2#:~:text=Barbary%20Pirates%20and%20the%

Unfortunately I don't think there is a photographic record from this era.
Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 13:57 - Jul 11 with 806 viewsGwyn737

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 13:23 - Jul 11 by AnotherJohn

Here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p033v6y2#:~:text=Barbary%20Pirates%20and%20the%

Unfortunately I don't think there is a photographic record from this era.

That should be included in any good library too.
Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 14:26 - Jul 11 with 794 viewsBoundy

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 13:11 - Jul 11 by Gwyn737

By the way, I'm not really coming from a race angle on this, more that I think it's important that historical truths are recognised so we can learn from them and they're not distorted, particularly by the 'winners'.

Often it's not intentional, entertainment has a big part to play to in retelling stories.

I know this is emotive, but take the Battle of Britain for example. It could be thought by the way it's been framed that a few brave british soldiers took on a ruthless German war machine and prevailed.

This of course has a lot of truth to it, but fails to mention that the squadrons had pilots of 16 nationalities, the air force was a highly skilled, efficient organisation with more planes and and the use of RADAR to spot the germans coming. Anf of course we were at home, able to run several missions a day wheres the Germans were flying in from France.

I think that knowledge that doesn't necessarily mark you out as a complete hero in every situation is important.

That's what I see they're trying to do with the libraries.
[Post edited 11 Jul 13:11]

Its interesting that you should use the BOB as an example of historical truth , but I must point out to you a few errors .
One of which was (in the main of airmen who did the fighting, many of whom had very little or no experience of air warfare and support staff ) the Germans had honed their fighting skills during the Spanish civil war where at the request of Franco gained valuable experience. The RAF had no such experience to fall onto so why you would think that I'm not sure. The RAF tactics at the time were outdated and not suitable for the combat which took place until this was quickly recognised .
The RAF at its height of the battle had 600 fighter planes at its disposal ( towards the end of the Battle it wasn't the availability of aircraft which was the problems but the lack of pilots , many of whom had their training dramatically slashed ) and the Germans 2.500 aircraft , yes its true the RAF were fighting over its own land but unlike the Germans had little or no rotation due to the lack of numbers therefore could have to fly up to 8 sorties a day .
We won a decisive battle one when the odds at the beginning we had no right to ,and one if Germany hadn't changed tactics would have lost . Germany by switching to bombing raids over London lost the battle and which gave the RAF to regroup ,reequip and train up new pilots.
Show me your truth and I'll show you mine

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 15:01 - Jul 11 with 781 viewsAnotherJohn

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 14:26 - Jul 11 by Boundy

Its interesting that you should use the BOB as an example of historical truth , but I must point out to you a few errors .
One of which was (in the main of airmen who did the fighting, many of whom had very little or no experience of air warfare and support staff ) the Germans had honed their fighting skills during the Spanish civil war where at the request of Franco gained valuable experience. The RAF had no such experience to fall onto so why you would think that I'm not sure. The RAF tactics at the time were outdated and not suitable for the combat which took place until this was quickly recognised .
The RAF at its height of the battle had 600 fighter planes at its disposal ( towards the end of the Battle it wasn't the availability of aircraft which was the problems but the lack of pilots , many of whom had their training dramatically slashed ) and the Germans 2.500 aircraft , yes its true the RAF were fighting over its own land but unlike the Germans had little or no rotation due to the lack of numbers therefore could have to fly up to 8 sorties a day .
We won a decisive battle one when the odds at the beginning we had no right to ,and one if Germany hadn't changed tactics would have lost . Germany by switching to bombing raids over London lost the battle and which gave the RAF to regroup ,reequip and train up new pilots.

I think the problem is that "historical truths" are often highly contested. Yes, we can pick out some facts, but the contemporaneous accounts that exist are almost all written from a particular standpoint, and may not be entirely consistent with other accounts from the same period. Different historians arrange the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle in different ways and often come up with different interpretations, perhaps coloured by personal worldviews. I rather doubt that this particular Senedd initiative is going to result in the sophisticated review of sources and weighing of evidence that is needed. As others have stated, the aim is to shift the paradigm even in advance of investigating whether such a shift can be justified. Of course, as we have also said there are a number of activist historians whose books can be easily acquired by libraries and advance the desired narrative, but they do not capture a truth that we can all share.
[Post edited 11 Jul 17:01]
Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 15:02 - Jul 11 with 773 viewsGwyn737

Thanks for that. I'm always keen to learn
Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 16:12 - Jul 11 with 743 viewsSullutaCreturned

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 15:01 - Jul 11 by AnotherJohn

I think the problem is that "historical truths" are often highly contested. Yes, we can pick out some facts, but the contemporaneous accounts that exist are almost all written from a particular standpoint, and may not be entirely consistent with other accounts from the same period. Different historians arrange the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle in different ways and often come up with different interpretations, perhaps coloured by personal worldviews. I rather doubt that this particular Senedd initiative is going to result in the sophisticated review of sources and weighing of evidence that is needed. As others have stated, the aim is to shift the paradigm even in advance of investigating whether such a shift can be justified. Of course, as we have also said there are a number of activist historians whose books can be easily acquired by libraries and advance the desired narrative, but they do not capture a truth that we can all share.

Activists like Olusoga who shouts down any who disagree with him.

I wonder how he'd feel if we discovered a heinous crime in his family past, 200 years old say, and told him he had to ay damages for that crime?

I have never heard anyone throw Mansa Musa at him and ask if Mali should also pay reparations.

I have also never heard him satisfactorily heard him answer why innocent people today should pay for historical crimes.

if he gains any traction then maybe we should take Italy and the "Viking" countries to court for the crimes they commited here. Obviously any sensible person sees that as a silly idea.
Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 17:32 - Jul 11 with 723 viewsGwyn737

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 15:01 - Jul 11 by AnotherJohn

Again. I agree with you.

But there is an issue if only one side gets to tell the story, whatever side that may be.
Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 21:16 - Jul 11 with 680 viewsLuther27

Imagine researching a subject before claiming you know the real truth. It would lead to a lot less hot air being spouted which would be great for the planet.
Very informative post Boundy.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 21:46 - Jul 11 with 647 viewsGwyn737

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 21:16 - Jul 11 by Luther27

Imagine researching a subject before claiming you know the real truth. It would lead to a lot less hot air being spouted which would be great for the planet.

I did lots of research - I wrote my dissertation on it.

It’s a very emotive subject so I’ll leave it there 👍
Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 21:48 - Jul 11 with 650 viewsLuther27

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 21:46 - Jul 11 by Gwyn737

I did lots of research - I wrote my dissertation on it.

It’s a very emotive subject so I’ll leave it there 👍

Very emotive is an understatement to say the least.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 22:26 - Jul 11 with 631 viewshowenjack

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 21:16 - Jul 11 by Luther27

I have visited fighter command at Uxbridge it's open to the public and well worth a visit. It is in a residential built up area .
Admission prices are reasonable too. The nerve centre for what was in effect the defence of the realm against the luftwaffe.. You descend a steep set of concrete steps -the whole building was subterranean for obvious reasons some 60 feet below the surface . There in a large room lit with bright light sits a panoramic map of Northern France and Southern England covered in perspex .
Sitting on the map are wooden blocks indicating enemy groups of fighters and their British counterparts . On the wall are lit up like pinball machines the various RAF squadrons ( there were about 12 ) available at that precise moment along with their state of readiness and their fighter strength so as the command can go out to scramble them .We were told by the guide that on one particular day Churchill visited at the height of the battle and asked The chief there- I think it may have been Keith Park what the RAF reserve strength was on that particular day . He was told that there were no reserves and all available planes were in the sky. It was a very close run thing and we came very very close to losing . As Boundy said if they had continued bombing airfields instead of cities I think we would have been overrun .The bunker is just as it was at the height of the battle it has been kept like a time capsule . I even sat in the chair that Churchill sat in when he visited .
https://battleofbritainbunker.co.uk/
Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 00:06 - Jul 12 with 607 viewsReslovenSwan1

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 12:13 - Jul 10 by Flashberryjack

What an absolute load of old bollox, how do the people of Wales tolerate being ruled by these clowns.

Had it occured to you the the people of Wales voted for them. You get what you vote for. It is probably fairer than the UK system.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 18:01 - Jul 12 with 522 viewsSullutaCreturned

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 00:06 - Jul 12 by ReslovenSwan1

Had it occured to you the the people of Wales voted for them. You get what you vote for. It is probably fairer than the UK system.

Actually about 20% of the electorate voted for them, the vast majority didn't, the majority didn't vote at all.

As the General election has shown, people have had a gutsfull of politics and all the dishonesty, deceit and corruption.

In our system though, it doesn't matter how many vote. Such is the price of democracy.
Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 19:26 - Jul 12 with 507 viewsmax936

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 18:01 - Jul 12 by SullutaCreturned

Actually about 20% of the electorate voted for them, the vast majority didn't, the majority didn't vote at all.

As the General election has shown, people have had a gutsfull of politics and all the dishonesty, deceit and corruption.

In our system though, it doesn't matter how many vote. Such is the price of democracy.

Another case of him commenting on things he hasn't a clue about, although neither do I have a clue to be honest.

"As the General election has shown, people have had a gutsful of politics and all the dishonesty, deceit and corruption."

I was one who didn't vote because of exactly that!

Great post that Catt fair do's

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 09:47 - Jul 16 with 376 viewscontroversial_jack

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 18:01 - Jul 12 by SullutaCreturned

That will always be the case in elections though. The actual majority don't vote for any one party, especially if there are multiple choices. Pr would be even worse
Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 11:57 - Jul 16 with 351 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Challenging the paradigm of whiteness? on 09:47 - Jul 16 by controversial_jack

That will always be the case in elections though. The actual majority don't vote for any one party, especially if there are multiple choices. Pr would be even worse

Better than dictatorships that many countries have where their leader is totally unaccountable, murders or Jails all opposition and sends 100,000s to their deaths in a pointless war.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024