Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hybrid cars ? 18:39 - Jul 3 with 593 viewsFlashberryjack

I've been looking to change the car today, was offered a good deal on a brand new Hybrid car.
Anyone got one ? I would very much appreciate your opinion.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Hybrid cars ? on 18:41 - Jul 3 with 591 viewsmajorraglan

My neighbour has a hybrid Toyota Aygo, it’s a small little thing which he reckons is giving him 63mpg. He loves it.
Hybrid cars ? on 18:50 - Jul 3 with 576 viewspencoedjack

I have one & will never go back to petrol.

If I am working in the office I run on electric swap over to hybrid for longer trips.

Saved a fortune 👍
Hybrid cars ? on 19:15 - Jul 3 with 542 viewsDr_Winston

Hybrid cars ? on 18:50 - Jul 3 by pencoedjack

I have one & will never go back to petrol.

If I am working in the office I run on electric swap over to hybrid for longer trips.

Saved a fortune 👍

What are you driving?

Thinking about swapping my Suzuki Vitara soon. It's a nice car but I'm getting 34-35mpg urban out of it which is a little low for my liking. Would prefer something of a similar size, or maybe a saloon.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Hybrid cars ? on 20:17 - Jul 3 with 483 viewspencoedjack

Hybrid cars ? on 19:15 - Jul 3 by Dr_Winston

What are you driving?

Thinking about swapping my Suzuki Vitara soon. It's a nice car but I'm getting 34-35mpg urban out of it which is a little low for my liking. Would prefer something of a similar size, or maybe a saloon.

A Merc 250e.

As said earlier would recommend hybrid, I may even go full electric next time 👍
Hybrid cars ? on 20:32 - Jul 3 with 442 viewsDr_Winston

Hybrid cars ? on 20:17 - Jul 3 by pencoedjack

A Merc 250e.

As said earlier would recommend hybrid, I may even go full electric next time 👍

I'm not going full electric until a battery can be charged from 0-100% in ten minutes or I'm forced to.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Hybrid cars ? on 20:39 - Jul 3 with 432 viewsonehunglow

We bought a Skoda Enyaq coupe VRS
We’ve had a home charger fitted and it’s costs us 7 p per k/ w between 12.30 -0430.
Takes a bit of getting used to but Octopus Intelligent Go does it all. Just plug it in .
We do 90% local journeys
If we go to Swansea ,I have enough juice when charged to 100%

Winston. If you do primarily long journeys and drive more than 3/4 hrs at a stretch,it ain’t for you

Btw,our electric supply was looped. Our local electric company unlooped it - free.

As fir driving,my missus got chatted up by a BMW X5 driver over the car which is bright Orange

Yeah baby

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Hybrid cars ? on 20:50 - Jul 3 with 424 viewspencoedjack

Hybrid cars ? on 20:32 - Jul 3 by Dr_Winston

I'm not going full electric until a battery can be charged from 0-100% in ten minutes or I'm forced to.

I charge overnight & mainly do short journeys so it will work for me 👍
Hybrid cars ? on 20:57 - Jul 3 with 419 viewsDr_Winston

Hybrid cars ? on 20:50 - Jul 3 by pencoedjack

I charge overnight & mainly do short journeys so it will work for me 👍

It's the occasional longer journey that concerns me. I'm planning a trip to York in the Autumn which I wouldn't fancy doing in a full electric. Not to mention that Mrs. Winston's brother lives near Dundee so at some point we'll end up heading there.

I like the idea of full electric and for 98% of the time it would suit my needs. It's just that final 2% that gives me caution.

Login to get fewer ads

Hybrid cars ? on 21:03 - Jul 3 with 414 viewsonehunglow

Hybrid cars ? on 20:57 - Jul 3 by Dr_Winston

It's the occasional longer journey that concerns me. I'm planning a trip to York in the Autumn which I wouldn't fancy doing in a full electric. Not to mention that Mrs. Winston's brother lives near Dundee so at some point we'll end up heading there.

I like the idea of full electric and for 98% of the time it would suit my needs. It's just that final 2% that gives me caution.

If you sign up to Octopus and transverse,this app will give you the rapid charging points needed after ,say 250 miles . Then have a break and coffee .
York wouod be a piece of pyss
You’d be at rapid charging just past Manchester.
Many only talk 30 mins to get you up to 80% ,then when at destination,use a “ granny “ charger overnight at 3k/w
I believe the new Labour govt will hammer non electric car users
[Post edited 3 Jul 21:05]

Hybrid cars ? on 21:11 - Jul 3 with 390 viewspencoedjack

Hybrid cars ? on 21:03 - Jul 3 by onehunglow

If you sign up to Octopus and transverse,this app will give you the rapid charging points needed after ,say 250 miles . Then have a break and coffee .
York wouod be a piece of pyss
You’d be at rapid charging just past Manchester.
Many only talk 30 mins to get you up to 80% ,then when at destination,use a “ granny “ charger overnight at 3k/w
I believe the new Labour govt will hammer non electric car users
[Post edited 3 Jul 21:05]

I concur 👍
Hybrid cars ? on 21:17 - Jul 3 with 378 viewsonehunglow

Hybrid cars ? on 21:11 - Jul 3 by pencoedjack

I concur 👍

I went to get a Kodiac,had a test drive then saw the Enyaq.
Drive that ,then forgot everything else
It’s beauful.
I wash it after it rains but don’t tell anyone
I also have a fitted carpet for the dog in her car cage and grandkids are warned not to mess innit !

Hybrid cars ? on 21:22 - Jul 3 with 376 viewsDr_Winston

Hybrid cars ? on 21:11 - Jul 3 by pencoedjack

I concur 👍

30 minutes is too long. If I'm in a rush I don't want to hang around for half an hour. Ten minutes is probably stretching it compared to filling a tank of petrol.

Until electric car manufacturers deal with that, people won't willingly swap.

Hybrid cars ? on 21:37 - Jul 3 with 344 viewsFlashberryjack

From what I'm hearing, Hybrid would suit my needs the best.
Got a Peugeot 208 GT line SUV petrol at the moment, probably up grade it to the hybrid model.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Hybrid cars ? on 21:39 - Jul 3 with 339 viewsonehunglow

Hybrid cars ? on 21:22 - Jul 3 by Dr_Winston

30 minutes is too long. If I'm in a rush I don't want to hang around for half an hour. Ten minutes is probably stretching it compared to filling a tank of petrol.

You should stop to rest after 2 hours driving time

Driving whist tired kills

Don’t rush to an early grave

Hybrid cars ? on 21:43 - Jul 3 with 337 viewspencoedjack

Hybrid cars ? on 21:22 - Jul 3 by Dr_Winston

Bloody hell I thought I had no patience.

Try a Hybrid & leave the electric 👍
Hybrid cars ? on 21:45 - Jul 3 with 335 viewsDr_Winston

Hybrid cars ? on 21:39 - Jul 3 by onehunglow

You should stop to rest after 2 hours driving time

Driving whist tired kills

Don’t rush to an early grave

You shouldn't drive annoyed or angry either, both of which an unnecessary 30 minute stop would make me.

Without a significant technological leap, battery technology is a massive wrong turn for the auto industry. Far too much emphasis has been put on every other aspect than refuelling time, which should have been paramount from the start compared to its ICE equivalents.

LPG or Hydrogen Fuel Cell is by far the better option.

Hybrid cars ? on 21:52 - Jul 3 with 323 viewsonehunglow

Hybrid cars ? on 21:45 - Jul 3 by Dr_Winston

You shouldn't drive annoyed or angry either, both of which an unnecessary 30 minute stop would make me.

Without a significant technological leap, battery technology is a massive wrong turn for the auto industry. Far too much emphasis has been put on every other aspect than refuelling time, which should have been paramount from the start compared to its ICE equivalents.

LPG or Hydrogen Fuel Cell is by far the better option.

True.
Agreed
In fact ,five mins is enough
It’s like driving home after a defeat

Hybrid cars ? on 22:03 - Jul 3 with 311 viewsWhiterockin

Hybrid cars ? on 20:57 - Jul 3 by Dr_Winston

Is it worth hiring a car for the 2%?

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Hybrid cars ? on 22:12 - Jul 3 with 299 viewsDr_Winston

Hybrid cars ? on 22:03 - Jul 3 by Whiterockin

Is it worth hiring a car for the 2%?

Perhaps. For the Dundee jaunt we've considered flying and then hiring. The idea of paying £100+ a day for a hire car horrifies both of us tho.

Bottom line is that there are too many variables to consider when going full electric. It shouldn't be that way. Decisions have been made ass backwards.

Hybrid cars ? on 06:33 - Jul 4 with 232 viewsonehunglow

Hybrid cars ? on 22:12 - Jul 3 by Dr_Winston

Perhaps. For the Dundee jaunt we've considered flying and then hiring. The idea of paying £100+ a day for a hire car horrifies both of us tho.

Bottom line is that there are too many variables to consider when going full electric. It shouldn't be that way. Decisions have been made ass backwards.

Win.
I see your point and felt the same.
It IS a different dynamic as regards driving.
I can tell you it’s a silent ,peaceful place to be when stuck on traffic
We always dismissed full electric hitherto.
Never say never

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024