Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scottish hate law 10:26 - Apr 1 with 5660 viewsSullutaCreturned

A positive move or an affront to freedom of speech,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-68703684
Scottish hate law on 06:36 - Apr 3 with 895 viewsScotia

Scottish hate law on 21:27 - Apr 2 by Wingstandwood

Yep! I have noticed that these performances are for the sole personal gratification for those that take the kids, as opposed to the kids themselves who would never at the age range of a few weeks to under ten years of age ever think about going to a gay nightclub etc to hold hands with a homosexual adult dressed as a woman.

Ditto the way that BBC production members whom wanted to 'explore' LGBTIQA+ matters with an audience of pre-pubescent children.

Fancy a rigger, a squaddie or a engineer etc getting out of bed one morning and being hit with a random thought to 'explore' via discussion and maybe role play LGBTIQA+ matters with kids at the local primary school?

It happens all the time mun! People who live on Planet Earth know where I'm coming from!

It totally depends on the gender, sexuality or (most importantly) and open mindedness of the rigger, squaddie or engineer?
Scottish hate law on 06:37 - Apr 3 with 891 viewsScotia

Scottish hate law on 20:48 - Apr 2 by Boundy

I can guess what show you'd turn up to watch

Which one would that be and why would I turn up to watch it??
Scottish hate law on 07:01 - Apr 3 with 881 viewsScotia

Scottish hate law on 22:20 - Apr 2 by Gwyn737

Yep. Manufactured outrage.

There are about 21,000 primary schools in the UK. Let’s be generous and say this has happened in 5 of them.

Or 0.02%.

Imagine how hard (or where) you’d have to look to see this as a ‘thing’’.

Some will say that this is the thin end of the wedge. I’d say it’s how you get stupid people to engage in culture wars.
[Post edited 2 Apr 22:21]

Unfortunately you'd probably only need to go as far as one national, free to air news channel.
Scottish hate law on 12:42 - Apr 3 with 799 viewsBoundy

Scottish hate law on 06:37 - Apr 3 by Scotia

Which one would that be and why would I turn up to watch it??

The one that shows the world how Liberal and freethinking you are

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Scottish hate law on 14:53 - Apr 3 with 741 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Just putting my devils advocate hat on for a minute here to stimulate a bit of debate. What is the difference conceptually between drag and blackface? Why is one frowned upon but the other celebrated?

Blackface in the arts and elsewhere has (rightly) widely been condemned and is not allowed anymore because it historically involved white people creating grotesque caricatures of African people utilising old tropes and stereotypes depicting exaggerated physical attributes, mockery of culture and general lowest denominator intelligence.

On the other hand, Drag queens are generally celebrated even though it is men creating grotesque caricatures of women, often portraying them as hyper sexualised complete slags with skimpy outfits and big fake norks.

Is there a double standard here?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Scottish hate law on 14:59 - Apr 3 with 722 viewsFlashberryjack

Scottish hate law on 14:53 - Apr 3 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Just putting my devils advocate hat on for a minute here to stimulate a bit of debate. What is the difference conceptually between drag and blackface? Why is one frowned upon but the other celebrated?

Blackface in the arts and elsewhere has (rightly) widely been condemned and is not allowed anymore because it historically involved white people creating grotesque caricatures of African people utilising old tropes and stereotypes depicting exaggerated physical attributes, mockery of culture and general lowest denominator intelligence.

On the other hand, Drag queens are generally celebrated even though it is men creating grotesque caricatures of women, often portraying them as hyper sexualised complete slags with skimpy outfits and big fake norks.

In this mad crazy world of ours, there's is no answer to your question without offending someone, especially so if you live in Scotland.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Scottish hate law on 15:15 - Apr 3 with 714 viewsonehunglow

Scottish hate law on 12:38 - Apr 2 by AnotherJohn

What worries me is that the emphasis seems to have moved from observable behaviour to what the "offender" may be thinking, and the feelings of the offended person. We seem to be moving towards a way of seeing that puts felt experience and victimhood before all else. How long before the country that gave us the Scottish Enlightenment becomes the first of the home countries to legislate against thought crime?

Problem is as a society we have not the guts to say enough is enough
Millions should be out on the streets objecting to this l
They did with the Poll Tax.
This is far more significant.
It’s the same with immigration.
People have had enough but lack the guts to enforce change
We are seeing politicians with the greatest cowardice witnessed in our political system.
Tories don’t seem to car
Labour don’t know where to go
Lib Dem just want to be loved
Nats just hate the rest of the UK.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Scottish hate law on 15:34 - Apr 3 with 691 viewsSullutaCreturned

Scottish hate law on 14:59 - Apr 3 by Flashberryjack

In this mad crazy world of ours, there's is no answer to your question without offending someone, especially so if you live in Scotland.

Oh no, there is an answer its just giving the answer you want to.

For me the answer is yes.

Why don't gay women dress ups as over sexualised men with big dicks? Why don't we have drag Kings?
Login to get fewer ads

Scottish hate law on 15:39 - Apr 3 with 688 viewsGwyn737

Drag (whether an individual thinks so or not) is intended to celebrate the female form.

Blackface is derogatory to people of colour, characterising them as stupid and animalistic.

That’s the difference.
Scottish hate law on 15:50 - Apr 3 with 667 viewsSullutaCreturned

Scottish hate law on 15:39 - Apr 3 by Gwyn737

Drag (whether an individual thinks so or not) is intended to celebrate the female form.

Blackface is derogatory to people of colour, characterising them as stupid and animalistic.

That’s the difference.

Yet a straight man cannot celebrate the female form because it's sexist.

Confused yet?

Under this new Scottish law, what if I take offence to a drag Queen, what if I think it's hae, will it be enough for the police to investigate?

I should say, it's each to their own for me. If someone enjoys drag then ok, if you don't enjoy it then stay away. Even saying that I dont think it's suitable for schools. What is educational about it? Will young chidren even understand it's a man dressed as a woman?
Scottish hate law on 15:53 - Apr 3 with 656 viewsScotia

It's a valid question, and I think could be worth a thread of it's own. It's really given me something to think about.

I'd say the differnce is that a drag queen is expressing or performing a version of themselves, not women in general. Similar to cosplay I suppose.

Plus of course most drag queens come from a marginalised community themselves, just look at some of the opinions on here. They aren't portraying themselves as women from a position of privilege as a form of initmidation, it's part of some gay peoples identity.

Whereas blackface originated as a racist way to imitate black people, from a position of power. It is a form of ridicule and initimidation.

I'm not pretending to be an expert. Interesting thought.
Scottish hate law on 15:55 - Apr 3 with 647 viewsGwyn737

Scottish hate law on 15:50 - Apr 3 by SullutaCreturned

Yet a straight man cannot celebrate the female form because it's sexist.

Confused yet?

Under this new Scottish law, what if I take offence to a drag Queen, what if I think it's hae, will it be enough for the police to investigate?

I should say, it's each to their own for me. If someone enjoys drag then ok, if you don't enjoy it then stay away. Even saying that I dont think it's suitable for schools. What is educational about it? Will young chidren even understand it's a man dressed as a woman?

The Scottish law is daft, Cat.

It’s not going to be a thing. Not worth spending time thinking about.
Scottish hate law on 15:58 - Apr 3 with 629 viewsSullutaCreturned

Scottish hate law on 15:55 - Apr 3 by Gwyn737

daft it may be but it's still a law in Scotland, what if this spreads? What if the Senedd adopts this? What if Westminsters swings this way?

It won't be so easy to ignore then.
Scottish hate law on 16:00 - Apr 3 with 624 viewsScotia

Scottish hate law on 15:34 - Apr 3 by SullutaCreturned

Oh no, there is an answer its just giving the answer you want to.

For me the answer is yes.

Why don't gay women dress ups as over sexualised men with big dicks? Why don't we have drag Kings?

They do exist - not many but there are some. Gay men tend to be a bit more flamboyant than lesbians, I suppose that may explain the difference in numbers.

There are on or two in Swansea one is called Justin Drag the other's name is a bit more risque but I can't remember what it is.
Scottish hate law on 16:03 - Apr 3 with 615 viewsGwyn737

Scottish hate law on 15:58 - Apr 3 by SullutaCreturned

daft it may be but it's still a law in Scotland, what if this spreads? What if the Senedd adopts this? What if Westminsters swings this way?

It won't be so easy to ignore then.

It won’t.

The way the Scots have tried to roll this out proves it’s unworkable.
Scottish hate law on 16:19 - Apr 3 with 597 viewsFlashberryjack

Scottish hate law on 16:03 - Apr 3 by Gwyn737

It won’t.

The way the Scots have tried to roll this out proves it’s unworkable.

I wouldn't be so sure, we do have some real beauts in the senedd mind.

Hello

Scottish hate law on 16:24 - Apr 3 with 590 viewsWingstandwood

Scottish hate law on 15:53 - Apr 3 by Scotia

It's a valid question, and I think could be worth a thread of it's own. It's really given me something to think about.

I'd say the differnce is that a drag queen is expressing or performing a version of themselves, not women in general. Similar to cosplay I suppose.

Plus of course most drag queens come from a marginalised community themselves, just look at some of the opinions on here. They aren't portraying themselves as women from a position of privilege as a form of initmidation, it's part of some gay peoples identity.

Whereas blackface originated as a racist way to imitate black people, from a position of power. It is a form of ridicule and initimidation.

I'm not pretending to be an expert. Interesting thought.

Aye QUOTE: "just look at the opinions on here" and 'Gays Against Groomers' also!

You stated on here previously about taking a child to Pride events ? Ever heard about corrupting the innocence of a child?

[Post edited 3 Apr 16:26]

Argus!

Scottish hate law on 17:10 - Apr 3 with 543 viewsScotia

Scottish hate law on 16:24 - Apr 3 by Wingstandwood

Aye QUOTE: "just look at the opinions on here" and 'Gays Against Groomers' also!

You stated on here previously about taking a child to Pride events ? Ever heard about corrupting the innocence of a child?

[Post edited 3 Apr 16:26]

How many pride events have you been to?

My daughter has not seen anything that would "corrupt her innocence", only make her more tolerant.

Fortunately I don't her read this site.
Scottish hate law on 17:12 - Apr 3 with 538 viewsSullutaCreturned

Scottish hate law on 15:55 - Apr 3 by Gwyn737

I agree on the first point, on the second I'm not sure.

Lets see what happens in Scotland.

I haven't really been thinking about it, like much posted on here, I only think about some things when I see them on here. I posted this thread because I thought it could be interesting. There is always a danger in these kinds of discussions that the more extreme opinions will take over.

As with all things, time will tell.
Scottish hate law on 17:12 - Apr 3 with 531 viewsWingstandwood

Scottish hate law on 17:10 - Apr 3 by Scotia

My daughter has not seen anything that would "corrupt her innocence", only make her more tolerant.

Argus!

Scottish hate law on 17:29 - Apr 3 with 516 viewsonehunglow

Scottish hate law on 16:00 - Apr 3 by Scotia

They do exist - not many but there are some. Gay men tend to be a bit more flamboyant than lesbians, I suppose that may explain the difference in numbers.

There are on or two in Swansea one is called Justin Drag the other's name is a bit more risque but I can't remember what it is.

Wow.
For a diversity champion such as yourself ,that’s a whopping faux pas.
Massive generalisation
I’m pretty sure someone could be offended by that
In fact I’m certain I am,on behalf of all flamboyant lesbians everywhere .
We re doing a sterling job of ruining our kids for sure,leading them down the path to Obscure oblivion where nobody is sure if their self or how they should interact with others.
We are spawning a nation of introverted ,fragile ,humourless ,naive kids ,whose “ innocence” has been sacrificed on the altar of Inclusion.
Nothing could be worse

God help us all

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Scottish hate law on 18:00 - Apr 3 with 485 viewsFlashberryjack

Scottish hate law on 17:10 - Apr 3 by Scotia

If I may inquire, how old is your daughter ?

Hello

Scottish hate law on 18:07 - Apr 3 with 472 viewsScotia

Scottish hate law on 18:00 - Apr 3 by Flashberryjack

If I may inquire, how old is your daughter ?

Scottish hate law on 18:10 - Apr 3 with 465 viewsScotia

Scottish hate law on 17:12 - Apr 3 by Wingstandwood

I take it from that the answer is zero.

So you rely on "gays against groomers" the far right, qanon promoting, political fundraising group for your opinions.

Try formatting your own.

Scottish hate law on 18:13 - Apr 3 with 462 viewsWingstandwood

Scottish hate law on 18:10 - Apr 3 by Scotia

I take it from that the answer is zero.

So you rely on "gays against groomers" the far right, qanon promoting, political fundraising group for your opinions.

Try formatting your own.

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024