Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone had a decent 2020? 23:00 - Dec 31 with 3668 viewsqpr_1968

amongst all this doom and gloom, it would be interesting to hear if anyone has actually had a relatively good year.
new job, promotion, new house, getting rid of nasty neighbours, good health results, you get the drift.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Anyone had a decent 2020? on 16:16 - Jan 2 with 643 viewsTonto

there were some positives;

saved about £2.5k on commuting.
Went running in the hour I would normally spend on a train or tube instead so lost about 5 kilos and got a lot fitter
Bonded with my 1 year old daughter more than I would have done.

work was one big heap of stress though. but at least I have a job.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Anyone had a decent 2020? on 17:03 - Jan 2 with 607 viewsderbyhoop

Sold 9 houses this year. None for more than 110,000 €.

But Australian family had to cancel their European trip.
So, mixed.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Anyone had a decent 2020? on 17:13 - Jan 2 with 586 viewsdistortR

Anyone had a decent 2020? on 10:37 - Jan 2 by eastside_r

Good to see you back posting. I have missed your tactical analysis posts.

second that
Anyone had a decent 2020? on 20:38 - Jan 2 with 516 viewsJuzzie

I wouldn’t say decent but thankfully its not been bad.

Started WFH mid-March and do not miss the commute at all though it does mean I’ve hardly used my motorbike which I bought in February.
I keep myself disciplined at work by not falling into the trap others have by starting earlier and finishing later. Lots of people do this which not only means you’re doing a lot of unpaid work but it sets a dangerous precedent/expectation.

Like Neil, our business has actually done well during 2020 though it has been quite challenging but positive challenging is better than negative challenging, but I think they’d happily swap that for a more normal year and no Covid.

Have been in the process of moving home for what seems like an eternity. Hopefully will be done and dusted in a few weeks.

Family all ok including elderly parents who live in Cornwall and Yorkshire. My mum lives a fairly solitary life at the best of times so lockdowns haven’t affected her too much but my dad is quite sociable so it’s been a bit harder on him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024