Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Camp 19:06 - Jan 9 with 8613 viewsSuffolk

Rumoured to be available on a free transfer. Perhaps he would come to us for the ....
Lee Camp on 09:52 - Jan 10 with 1864 viewsTheChef

Lee Camp on 23:42 - Jan 9 by GloryHunter

I have fond memories of Lee Camp. I was at his debut game for us, away at Hartlepool, when he arrived on loan on the day of the game and met up with the team at a motorway service station. Played a blinder in a 3 - 1 (I think) win. I was sorry to see him go.

We won 4-1 that day. I remember Camp making a couple of decent saves early on, looked really good. Furlong got a brace and even Rose scored I think! Also they had the best chips I've ever had at a football ground.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Lee Camp on 09:56 - Jan 10 with 1853 viewswombat

Lee Camp on 09:52 - Jan 10 by TheChef

We won 4-1 that day. I remember Camp making a couple of decent saves early on, looked really good. Furlong got a brace and even Rose scored I think! Also they had the best chips I've ever had at a football ground.

memorable day for many things

camp played brilliantly considering we only picked him up at the services on route , he turned round at one stage to the fans behind the goal to say calm down he had it covered

funniest thing was the half time entertainment the deck chair race when some bloke was tackled by a fast moving deck chair

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Lee Camp on 10:02 - Jan 10 with 1845 viewsNorthernr

Lee Camp on 09:52 - Jan 10 by TheChef

That's when we had a proper scout. Chris Day had a boil on his shin that he and Prav the physio decided to try and lance themselves after training on the Thursday and made a proper horrible job of. Left us without a goalkeeper for Hartlepool. Set off Friday morning believing Steve Palmer would play in goal but by the time they got onto the M1 Mel Johnson's little black book had turned up Camp and they picked him up en route.
Lee Camp on 10:07 - Jan 10 with 1836 viewsdaveB

Lee Camp on 09:56 - Jan 10 by wombat

memorable day for many things

camp played brilliantly considering we only picked him up at the services on route , he turned round at one stage to the fans behind the goal to say calm down he had it covered

funniest thing was the half time entertainment the deck chair race when some bloke was tackled by a fast moving deck chair

That deckchair was fantastic, that was my wife's birthday that day so I treated her to a romantic weekend in Middlesbrough and then a day trip to Hartlepool for the football. She still says it was one of here best birthdays.

They had a great pub before the game as well with QPR scarfs and flags up, very welcoming
Lee Camp on 10:07 - Jan 10 with 1836 viewsTheBlob

Lee Camp on 10:02 - Jan 10 by Northernr

That's when we had a proper scout. Chris Day had a boil on his shin that he and Prav the physio decided to try and lance themselves after training on the Thursday and made a proper horrible job of. Left us without a goalkeeper for Hartlepool. Set off Friday morning believing Steve Palmer would play in goal but by the time they got onto the M1 Mel Johnson's little black book had turned up Camp and they picked him up en route.

Found him in a mushroom field then.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Lee Camp on 10:15 - Jan 10 with 1822 viewshoopstilidie

Was good when he arrived.
Got worse.
Left.

As it should be.

No thanks.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Lee Camp on 10:51 - Jan 10 with 1808 viewsTHEBUSH

Decent keeper, but not commanding or tall enough for the Premiership.
Lee Camp on 10:59 - Jan 10 with 1794 viewsGloryHunter

Lee Camp on 10:07 - Jan 10 by daveB

That deckchair was fantastic, that was my wife's birthday that day so I treated her to a romantic weekend in Middlesbrough and then a day trip to Hartlepool for the football. She still says it was one of here best birthdays.

They had a great pub before the game as well with QPR scarfs and flags up, very welcoming

You really know how to give a girl a good time.
Login to get fewer ads

Lee Camp on 12:15 - Jan 10 with 1764 viewsQPunkR

Lee Camp on 10:51 - Jan 10 by THEBUSH

Decent keeper, but not commanding or tall enough for the Premiership.

How can people say these things of an international keeper!

QPR - "shit but local"

Lee Camp on 12:20 - Jan 10 with 1755 viewsJamie

Lee Camp on 09:31 - Jan 10 by Jeff

23 posts, and not one of them is Jamie calling him 'Count Campula' or something equally stupid, accompanied by a stupid gif that takes too long to load and disappoints once it has done.

Cheated.

I've been way too slow today.
Lee Camp on 13:06 - Jan 10 with 1721 viewsNorthernr

Lee Camp on 10:07 - Jan 10 by daveB

At Chelsea, Wombat and I were having a proper laugh about the deckchair bloke. Managed to dig up an old piece I wrote about the incident....

To set the scene QPR were fighting for promotion from League One and faced a tough fixture at Hartlepool United on a bracing March Saturday. Bristol City were breathing down our necks and a win was important to maintain second place. Chris Day and the physio spent the previous day trying to lance a growth on his leg themselves with predictably disastrous consequences and young Derby keeper Lee Camp was drafted in on loan at the last minute for the game. It was 0-0 at half time and people were a little tense.

As the players trooped off two youth teamers appeared on the pitch holding deck chairs and duly positioned them between the halfway line and the 18 yard box. Fans were paying little attention at this point. The man with the microphone disappeared off into the home end to find a “willing volunteer” and Hartlepool’s excellent monkey mascot Hang’us took up a position as goalkeeper in front of the QPR fans. After a few minutes a volunteer was found and he lumbered over the advertising hoardings and onto the pitch. Now you know that bloke in America that ate so much crap from McDonalds that they had to demolish part of his house and bring him out on a fork lift truck when it was time for him to go to the hospital? This guy was bigger than that.

He waddled up to the centre spot where a ball had been placed and was informed that he now had the seemingly simple task of dribbling the ball around the two deck chairs and taking a shot at the man in the giant monkey costume. The deck chairs were spaced quite wide apart and were, as you would expect of deck chairs, very much stationary. He had the whole half of the pitch to work with so this was hardly likely to be a problem for most people and at this point the vast majority of people in the ground were still reading their programmes or eating their pies unaware of the feast of live entertainment about to take place before their very eyes. The giant figure of a man set off at a steady pace with the ball at his feet.

Circuses across the globe have spent years looking for an act as good as what happened next.

Sadly for the competitor, amusingly for the rest of us, it became apparent that his weight was a result of chronic laziness and, rather than dribble a safe distance around the first chair, he tried to cut it too fine and got the ball caught underneath the wooden spokes of the chair. A struggle ensued which ended with him knocking the chair over with his gut as he attempted to free the ball. After a couple of jabs at the fallen chair the ball spurted out across the pitch but in doing so jammed itself very firmly under the second chair a few yards away. Refusing to be beaten, our gladiator actually picked up speed as he approached the problem and, upon arrival, aimed a giant swinging leg at the trapped ball presumably intending to pop it right out the other side at the first attempt. Hang'us the Monkey, and the rest of us, were now transfixed by the spectacle.

Again the ball stubbornly refused to move. This time the man's leg became entangled with the chair's canvas and he was propelled forwards with the momentum of his kick, bashing his head on the top stanchion of the chair on his way to the turf at which point the wooden structure flipped up from underneath him and crashed down on his back leaving an ugly, but nonetheless hysterically funny, pile of fat man and wooden chair in the mood. The mischievous football rolled gently away.

Sadly as we’ve never played Hartlepool before or since it’s not clear whether or not that’s a regular event at Victoria Park. Still, that’s entertainment.
Lee Camp on 13:21 - Jan 10 with 1707 viewsWalnut

Lee Camp on 13:06 - Jan 10 by Northernr

At Chelsea, Wombat and I were having a proper laugh about the deckchair bloke. Managed to dig up an old piece I wrote about the incident....

To set the scene QPR were fighting for promotion from League One and faced a tough fixture at Hartlepool United on a bracing March Saturday. Bristol City were breathing down our necks and a win was important to maintain second place. Chris Day and the physio spent the previous day trying to lance a growth on his leg themselves with predictably disastrous consequences and young Derby keeper Lee Camp was drafted in on loan at the last minute for the game. It was 0-0 at half time and people were a little tense.

As the players trooped off two youth teamers appeared on the pitch holding deck chairs and duly positioned them between the halfway line and the 18 yard box. Fans were paying little attention at this point. The man with the microphone disappeared off into the home end to find a “willing volunteer” and Hartlepool’s excellent monkey mascot Hang’us took up a position as goalkeeper in front of the QPR fans. After a few minutes a volunteer was found and he lumbered over the advertising hoardings and onto the pitch. Now you know that bloke in America that ate so much crap from McDonalds that they had to demolish part of his house and bring him out on a fork lift truck when it was time for him to go to the hospital? This guy was bigger than that.

He waddled up to the centre spot where a ball had been placed and was informed that he now had the seemingly simple task of dribbling the ball around the two deck chairs and taking a shot at the man in the giant monkey costume. The deck chairs were spaced quite wide apart and were, as you would expect of deck chairs, very much stationary. He had the whole half of the pitch to work with so this was hardly likely to be a problem for most people and at this point the vast majority of people in the ground were still reading their programmes or eating their pies unaware of the feast of live entertainment about to take place before their very eyes. The giant figure of a man set off at a steady pace with the ball at his feet.

Circuses across the globe have spent years looking for an act as good as what happened next.

Sadly for the competitor, amusingly for the rest of us, it became apparent that his weight was a result of chronic laziness and, rather than dribble a safe distance around the first chair, he tried to cut it too fine and got the ball caught underneath the wooden spokes of the chair. A struggle ensued which ended with him knocking the chair over with his gut as he attempted to free the ball. After a couple of jabs at the fallen chair the ball spurted out across the pitch but in doing so jammed itself very firmly under the second chair a few yards away. Refusing to be beaten, our gladiator actually picked up speed as he approached the problem and, upon arrival, aimed a giant swinging leg at the trapped ball presumably intending to pop it right out the other side at the first attempt. Hang'us the Monkey, and the rest of us, were now transfixed by the spectacle.

Again the ball stubbornly refused to move. This time the man's leg became entangled with the chair's canvas and he was propelled forwards with the momentum of his kick, bashing his head on the top stanchion of the chair on his way to the turf at which point the wooden structure flipped up from underneath him and crashed down on his back leaving an ugly, but nonetheless hysterically funny, pile of fat man and wooden chair in the mood. The mischievous football rolled gently away.

Sadly as we’ve never played Hartlepool before or since it’s not clear whether or not that’s a regular event at Victoria Park. Still, that’s entertainment.

One of my fav ever away days & fav ever moments. Alas for those that weren't there, the (superb) report just cannot do it justice. If I remember rightly, the guy had another go, roared on by the away end, he negotiated the deckchairs but tried his shot on the run. As the ball rolled goalward his momentum tipped him off balance & even funnier, he tried to recover the balance (think Wile E Coyote running off a cliff then realising he's overshot) , failed & tumbled over, probably missing seeing his shot hitting the net. I still hope to this day someone at Hartlepool was filming it!
Lee Camp on 13:24 - Jan 10 with 1700 viewsNorthernr

Lee Camp on 13:21 - Jan 10 by Walnut

One of my fav ever away days & fav ever moments. Alas for those that weren't there, the (superb) report just cannot do it justice. If I remember rightly, the guy had another go, roared on by the away end, he negotiated the deckchairs but tried his shot on the run. As the ball rolled goalward his momentum tipped him off balance & even funnier, he tried to recover the balance (think Wile E Coyote running off a cliff then realising he's overshot) , failed & tumbled over, probably missing seeing his shot hitting the net. I still hope to this day someone at Hartlepool was filming it!

Yeh, these days there would be five or six mobile phone films of him but I've never seen any footage of it all. One of the funniest things I've ever seen.
Lee Camp on 13:57 - Jan 10 with 1678 viewswittle

wernt such a great day for my lot,2 pubs emptied to greet us as soon as we ieft the station on the way to the ground.
Lee Camp on 22:23 - Jan 16 with 1638 viewsTacticalR

A sad end to Lee Camp’s Forest career
http://www.ltlf.co.uk/2013/01/a-sad-end-to-lee-camps-forest-career/

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024