Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dynamic Pricing 20:04 - Sep 2 with 5352 viewsGaryHaddock

Another modern scourge for the travelling football fan:

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/dynamic-pricing-is-heading-for-football-as-major-eur
Dynamic Pricing on 20:35 - Sep 2 with 3964 viewsLandshark

I don't think it's as scary as the headlines are going to make out. Obviously with Oasis and high profile cases where the price shot up 3 times original value is not great. In football though and especially clubs like ours where the tickets rarely sell out it won't be a problem. If there's a couple of days before the game and there's a couple of thousand tickets left they can lower the prices by £5 to encourage to sell and alternatively in the clubs favour if there are only a couple of hundred tickets left and heading for a sell out they can raise by £5.
Dynamic Pricing on 20:57 - Sep 2 with 3868 viewsGaryHaddock

Dynamic Pricing on 20:35 - Sep 2 by Landshark

I don't think it's as scary as the headlines are going to make out. Obviously with Oasis and high profile cases where the price shot up 3 times original value is not great. In football though and especially clubs like ours where the tickets rarely sell out it won't be a problem. If there's a couple of days before the game and there's a couple of thousand tickets left they can lower the prices by £5 to encourage to sell and alternatively in the clubs favour if there are only a couple of hundred tickets left and heading for a sell out they can raise by £5.

So, we got a little taste of this at Coventry last season didn’t we?

When the tickets came out the mathematics presented us with a match where it was possible that both teams could have been in a position where one was fighting for a play off place and the other fighting for safety.

Potentially a Championship clasic right? £45 quid worth to be precise.

Well, the opposite happened. They fcked it and we spanked Leeds the Friday before. How on earth is that fair for travelling supporters who ended up at that huge air frier of a stadium watching a dead rubber, not because they picked it, but because they are loyal fans who would always go regardless.

[Post edited 2 Sep 21:04]
Dynamic Pricing on 20:59 - Sep 2 with 3826 viewsstevec

If touts mark up the price they get prosecuted.

I’m struggling to understand how dynamic pricing is in anyway different.
Dynamic Pricing on 21:07 - Sep 2 with 3798 viewsNorthernr

Dynamic Pricing on 20:59 - Sep 2 by stevec

Absolutely right Steve. An absolute fcking racket.
And don't forget that booking fee.
Dynamic Pricing on 21:08 - Sep 2 with 3787 viewsted_hendrix

Airlines do It too, as the seats get sold on the plane the price automatically creeps up.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Dynamic Pricing on 21:23 - Sep 2 with 3690 viewsThe_Beast1976

Dynamic Pricing on 20:59 - Sep 2 by stevec

The only difference is that the ticketing firms get to do the touting, rather than the man on the street. All the protesting about touts was not about right and wrong, it was about retaining power and wealth for themselves. It's shocking. The Govt should intervene and ban 'dynamic pricing' for all sports and music events, as an absolute minimum (but they won't, because they're in it with the corporations).

The 1% ensuring that they live by different rules to the rest....
[Post edited 2 Sep 21:32]
Dynamic Pricing on 21:54 - Sep 2 with 3558 viewsnix

Theatres do it too. I've bought tickets for £70 that ended up £200 on the week before for an in-demand show.
Dynamic Pricing on 22:04 - Sep 2 with 3524 viewsKonk

Dynamic Pricing on 21:07 - Sep 2 by Northernr

Absolutely right Steve. An absolute fcking racket.
And don't forget that booking fee.

Tout: These tickets are rare as rocking horse sh it, but if you pay me 4 x face value, I can sort you out.

Ticketmaster after the majority of tickets have been snapped up: These tickets are rare as rocking horse sh it, but if you pay us 4 x face value, we can sort you out.

It's exactly the same with football clubs taking the piss - you just need to say fuc k-off because anything else just encourages them to keep on taking liberties.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

Dynamic Pricing on 22:14 - Sep 2 with 3450 viewsLazyFan

This is the propaganda name for "Surge Pricing", which is the propaganda name for "Price Gouging".

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_gouging
"it may refer to suppliers' benefiting to excess from a short-term change in the demand curve"

Or as some others may call it, good capitalism. But you know let's not get all political, after all we cannot keep going on about politics as that's all very boring, tiresome and awkward, much better to just have a whinge and then suck it up, of course, of course. Doff ya cap, on the way out.

zzzzzzzzzz

Dynamic Pricing on 22:36 - Sep 2 with 3364 viewsNW5Hoop

Dynamic Pricing on 20:35 - Sep 2 by Landshark

They would want it in football because the big clubs want to reduce the number of season ticket holders and make many more seats available to casual fans. There's massive revenue differential between an ST seat and a casual one. And dynamic pricing will make it bigger.
Dynamic Pricing on 22:56 - Sep 2 with 3273 viewsJuzzie

Dynamic Pricing on 22:36 - Sep 2 by NW5Hoop

They would want it in football because the big clubs want to reduce the number of season ticket holders and make many more seats available to casual fans. There's massive revenue differential between an ST seat and a casual one. And dynamic pricing will make it bigger.

They’ve done this at Spurs. Don’t want a pesky 30-40 year regular getting a concessioned seat, much better to have a tourist paying a dynamically priced ticket who will then spend even more money on merch and other stuff that the STer won’t. Multiply this around 20-25 times a season and by xxxx numbers of old STers they’ve managed to get rid of and kerchiiiiing. “Build a new stadium for the fans” my @rse, its the tourist money they’re after which will keep coming in as long as they have the popular of the day South Korean/American/Middle Eastern/Asian etc player(s) in the team.

The more everyone buys these tickets, buys Oasis and Taylor Swift tickets at obscene prices (and i reckon the oasis gigs will be sht because on the whole stadium gigs are awful) the worse it will get and everyone only has themselves to blame.
Dynamic Pricing on 22:58 - Sep 2 with 3265 viewsRsinWales

Dynamic Pricing on 22:36 - Sep 2 by NW5Hoop

There is absolutely no way any individual or company can dress this up. The utterly shameless way that the ticket firms did this to those waiting in the Oasis queue would be laughable, if it wasn't becoming the norm.

Inflation as a disguise for excessive price rises, skimflation, shrinkflation, dynamic pricing, packaging that exaggerates the size of goods, etc. are all dubious and soulless measures undertaken by companies grovelling to increase shareholder returns.

These approaches may be legal, but certainly not moral.
Dynamic Pricing on 03:53 - Sep 3 with 2924 viewsMatch82

Dynamic Pricing on 22:56 - Sep 2 by Juzzie

They’ve done this at Spurs. Don’t want a pesky 30-40 year regular getting a concessioned seat, much better to have a tourist paying a dynamically priced ticket who will then spend even more money on merch and other stuff that the STer won’t. Multiply this around 20-25 times a season and by xxxx numbers of old STers they’ve managed to get rid of and kerchiiiiing. “Build a new stadium for the fans” my @rse, its the tourist money they’re after which will keep coming in as long as they have the popular of the day South Korean/American/Middle Eastern/Asian etc player(s) in the team.

The more everyone buys these tickets, buys Oasis and Taylor Swift tickets at obscene prices (and i reckon the oasis gigs will be sht because on the whole stadium gigs are awful) the worse it will get and everyone only has themselves to blame.

The crazy thing about that though is that actual match day ticket prices are such a tiny part of their revenue now and decreasing. I suppose there's all the flags and other touristy nonsense that casual fans buy but even so. With all the TV money, the overseas tours, the global merchandise, why screw over the people that actually helped you make you who you are for an extra 1% of revenue when you're making more money than anyone would have dreamed possible 20 years ago?

As for the ticket gouging fiasco, it beggars belief that this has been going on for YEARS and nobody has shown the least bit of interest in actually sorting it out. I suppose they have an interest not to...
Dynamic Pricing on 06:57 - Sep 3 with 2730 viewsGroveR

Let's see if we get 10,000 ticketless fans rocking up at noon for a day on the vodka and charlie before trying to gib in by forcing the gates. Mad fer it lah.
Dynamic Pricing on 08:21 - Sep 3 with 2402 viewsThe_Beast1976

Dynamic Pricing on 06:57 - Sep 3 by GroveR

Let's see if we get 10,000 ticketless fans rocking up at noon for a day on the vodka and charlie before trying to gib in by forcing the gates. Mad fer it lah.

Very good point, and very much a distinct possibility. That could cause some serious trouble, not least for the OB. It would be funny as fcuk mind.
Dynamic Pricing on 08:50 - Sep 3 with 2334 viewsDWQPR

It was well known that Ticketmaster would hold back a good number of tickets for big events and place them directly on their own resale site for hugely inflated prices and when they were found out and the practice made illegal, they came up with dynamic pricing which is the same thing but at this time legal. Evidently artists can opt out of this…….

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Dynamic Pricing on 08:55 - Sep 3 with 2303 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I think I know the answer but does it go the other way? If you’re buying a ticket for an event that's not sold out, do they reduce it 'dynamically' too?
Dynamic Pricing on 08:59 - Sep 3 with 2294 viewsBluce_Ree

Been saying it a while but I'll say it again. EVERY C*NT WANTS YOUR MONEY.

If it's not ticket pricks it's supermarkets faffing you about with loyalty cards while the shit gets more expensive and the portion sizes get smaller. Or banks trying to fk you. Or the local council sending you fines for the crime of just trying to fking drive, man. You stopped for a second in a box junction because we set the lights to stay green for 1.5 seconds. Give us £70 you driving c*nt.

Like I can't even answer my phone now if I don't recognise the number. Why? Because it's probably some guy from India calling himself "Oliver" who wants to connect to my PC and then f**k it up with a virus that steals all my cash.

Bro, I'm not paying for shit unless there's a good reason and I trust the pricing. Otherwise f*ck you, f*ck Oasis, f*ck "Oliver from Microsoft" and f*ck my absolute dad, you c*nts.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Dynamic Pricing on 09:13 - Sep 3 with 2262 viewsstowmarketrange

Dynamic Pricing on 06:57 - Sep 3 by GroveR

I went to see them at Wembley in 2000 and the place was full of pissed up lads wanting a fight with people who challenged their behaviour.I don’t suppose it will have changed much in 25 years.Probably more nose candy and a bigger sense of entitlement than 25 years ago are reasons why I’m almost glad that I missed out on tickets this time.Unless you go in the seats of course.
Dynamic Pricing on 09:46 - Sep 3 with 2173 viewsPaddyhoops

It’s a disgrace and we’ll have the usual platitudes from Politicians about how bad it is but they will still do nothing about it .
It’s basically an auction for tickets.
The Goose that’s laying the golden egg is slowly dieing .
Coldplay basically have a residency at Glastonbury as there is no one coming up to replace them.
Having said that if they set up in my garden , they’d be told to piss off and sharpish .
Smaller venues , formerly the life blood of music are disappearing fast and should be subsidised by these behemoths who constantly fleece music lovers .
Sadly that will never happen.
Dynamic Pricing on 10:16 - Sep 3 with 2089 viewsQPR_Jim

They've been doing it for years. Tickets are first come first serve so you'd better get early access, £50 please. Ah you've got early access but there's still a massive queue and while our system mucks about holding you we're going to increase the price by £100 every hour because the person who logged in a second before you is more loyal so you're going to get charged more. Actually our systems going to boot you off so you have to rejoin so that will be £200 more than the base price you Johnny come lately piece of shite.

It's basically capitalism though isn't it, so can't complain too much. A system so fool proof we need checks and measures to stop monopolies extorting the general public.
Dynamic Pricing on 10:17 - Sep 3 with 2088 viewsSnipper

Dynamic Pricing on 22:56 - Sep 2 by Juzzie

My cousin is a Tottenham fan, and he was telling me that the powers on high don’t want normal fans anymore. They want tourist fans. He said every Tottenham home game, they sell over 1100 replica shirts with SON on the back.

It’s all about the money.
Dynamic Pricing on 11:58 - Sep 3 with 1915 viewsrobith

Not quite on the same scale, but have found it quite funny given Lords was deserted that all the test grounds for next year are doing a "give us £35 to auto win the India ballot"
Dynamic Pricing on 13:20 - Sep 3 with 1671 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I'll wait until Boston posts an 'Expat Friendly' vid. Thanks in advance our kid!

I was at an exhibition during the Paris Olympics and although I missed the section, Mrs PH didn’t. It was about fan attendance for future games. Supposedly, instead of only having x thousand at an event, with millions looking in on TV, the exhibition said that the IOC - and so I'll assume all spectator events in time - are looking at how you can have more of an emersive experience from your own front room, where you can be 'present' at the event, but without you needing to physically enter the arena or the event needing people to fill seats.

Having seen that thread on here about the sports bar in Los Angeles recently, I wonder if this is the early beginnings of the concept? Imagine: we paid for tickets to three events, but the true cost was more when you add in travel, accommodation, sustenance beyond what you'd pay at home, so if the IOC quadrupled ticket costs, we'd still have saved cash.

It's coming down the tubes.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Dynamic Pricing on 13:42 - Sep 3 with 1544 viewsBoston

Dynamic Pricing on 10:17 - Sep 3 by Snipper

My cousin is a Tottenham fan, and he was telling me that the powers on high don’t want normal fans anymore. They want tourist fans. He said every Tottenham home game, they sell over 1100 replica shirts with SON on the back.

It’s all about the money.

There's a burning Son and it sets in the western world

But it rises in the east and pretty soon it's gonna burn your temples down.

😀

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024