Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
International break 09:17 - Sep 2 with 4654 viewskernowhoop

A couple of weeks on the training ground. A chance to work on weaknesses and to develop new ideas. Or, a couple of weeks when the players lose the edge that comes from playing regularly? It must be hard to manage.

Does it make anyone else nervous?
International break on 09:26 - Sep 2 with 3913 viewsgazza1

Excellent to have the time on the training pitch & classroom.

MC will review how we have played in the past 4/5 matches with the Team and coaches, a few days rest, a few days working on our failings, a few days with new ideas, a few days educating new players, a few days working hard on fitness and a chance to blend together as a team. Then the final part getting ready for our game at Sheffield Wednesday.

All good stuff.
International break on 09:34 - Sep 2 with 3861 viewsstevec

What are we going to do now?
International break on 09:50 - Sep 2 with 3767 viewsterryb

Who is away on international duty?

I'm sure there are others, but I can only recall seeing Morrison being named as having been called up.
International break on 09:55 - Sep 2 with 3734 viewsCiderwithRsie

International break on 09:50 - Sep 2 by terryb

Who is away on international duty?

I'm sure there are others, but I can only recall seeing Morrison being named as having been called up.

You'd think Celar would be, since he was in Slovenia's squad in the summer.

(I'm presuming they're playing, I'm not an avid follower of the Slovenia national side.)
International break on 09:58 - Sep 2 with 3706 viewsterryb

International break on 09:55 - Sep 2 by CiderwithRsie

You'd think Celar would be, since he was in Slovenia's squad in the summer.

(I'm presuming they're playing, I'm not an avid follower of the Slovenia national side.)

Yes, that would seem probable. Paal playing for Suriname should be another.
International break on 10:15 - Sep 2 with 3640 viewsderbyhoop

Ambiguous.
After Friday the team would have liked to kick on with another game in near future. Also, there will be a few players away on International duty ( Smyth, Morrison, Paal, Celar?).
However, with so many new players it will give Marti and Xavi the chance to work on patterns and team play.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

International break on 10:17 - Sep 2 with 3601 viewsdmm

Smyth - Norn Iron and Saito - Japan, but I've no idea if their countries are playing in the international break.
International break on 10:33 - Sep 2 with 3496 viewsMaggsinho

International break on 10:17 - Sep 2 by dmm

Smyth - Norn Iron and Saito - Japan, but I've no idea if their countries are playing in the international break.

Is Saito in the Japanese squad? I know he was in their Olympic team but that's comprised of U23 players.
Login to get fewer ads

International break on 10:33 - Sep 2 with 3496 viewsBlackCrowe

It's perfect timing imo to get the newbies integrated in Marti's systems and ethos and feeling part of the club.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

International break on 11:30 - Sep 2 with 3269 viewsTonto

Inclined to think this is good timing. Our attack is almost entirely new, so getting to.know each other will be great.

Chance to.work on the defending of crosses too...
[Post edited 2 Sep 11:31]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

International break on 11:51 - Sep 2 with 3181 viewsdmm

International break on 10:33 - Sep 2 by Maggsinho

Is Saito in the Japanese squad? I know he was in their Olympic team but that's comprised of U23 players.

Ahh, right. My mistake.
International break on 12:45 - Sep 2 with 3016 viewsDavieQPR

We've so far been second best for quite a bit in our matches.we never turned up for first halves v Luton and Sheffield . Were poor against West Brom and Plymouth. An extra week on the training ground won't go amiss.
[Post edited 2 Sep 12:46]
International break on 12:52 - Sep 2 with 2942 viewsCiderwithRsie

International break on 11:30 - Sep 2 by Tonto

Inclined to think this is good timing. Our attack is almost entirely new, so getting to.know each other will be great.

Chance to.work on the defending of crosses too...
[Post edited 2 Sep 11:31]

I think that's probably right.

The vibes are pretty good after the two Luton results but the actual performances were more "work in progress". Some of the new signings from abroad look a little undercooked but improving by the game, so I think a bit more time on the training ground together should help.

Got to a admit that as a fan I'd love another match ASAP!
International break on 13:48 - Sep 2 with 2771 viewsconnell10

International break on 12:52 - Sep 2 by CiderwithRsie

I think that's probably right.

The vibes are pretty good after the two Luton results but the actual performances were more "work in progress". Some of the new signings from abroad look a little undercooked but improving by the game, so I think a bit more time on the training ground together should help.

Got to a admit that as a fan I'd love another match ASAP!

They might have behind doors friendly linned up who knows. I'd think Chair if he is fit might be involved in a development match .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

International break on 15:39 - Sep 2 with 2558 viewsLandshark

Do you think Marti said on Friday that if they won the game they could get 4/5 days off?
International break on 15:44 - Sep 2 with 2536 viewsSpaceman_P

I personally can't stand the International Break.. couldn't give a crap about the International scene.

Much prefer Championship to National league.

PL for example, I have no interest in... it also pains me when we're in the PL
International break on 16:16 - Sep 2 with 2446 viewsqpr_1968

hate the international break....missing our boys already.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

International break on 17:40 - Sep 2 with 2331 viewsE15Hoop

No nerves from this corner of the universe, as we once again have a manager who has his feet planted firmly on the ground at the same time as having his eyes firmly set on the upper reaches of this slogfest we lovingly call the Championship.

Everything feels fully and firmly under control, which gives me a cheap excuse for linking to this little ditty once again:
International break on 17:59 - Sep 2 with 2278 viewskomradkirk

International break on 10:17 - Sep 2 by dmm

Yes , we are . Home to Luxembourg and away to Bulgaria
[Post edited 2 Sep 18:00]
International break on 18:08 - Sep 2 with 2251 viewsLazyFan

Chance to make a decision on Dembele as an AMC where he makes more of a difference or keep him at RW where he can drift out of the game :(

I prefer him at AMC, which means who plays RW?

I'd go with Smyth, as I think he can form a winning partnership with Dembele down that side, as Chair-Willock used to do on the left. This gives us pace with two people for breakaways as well and allows Chair to come back in on the LW. Or we could have Andersen on the RW, but he could also be an impact sub for Dembele in AMC. It's nice to have options.

If Chair is not fit, is it LLyod, Saito or Andersen? I would go with Andersen for now, although that's not his best position at LW. And then Saito can come on when he's tired to press em some more.

In midfield, is Madsen up to defending with Field, or should we go with Colback? I thought Colback calmed down in the last game, so I would still go with Colback for now. I mean he didn't even get a Yellow against Lowtown... shocker!

zzzzzzzzzz

International break on 09:24 - Sep 3 with 1813 viewsterryb

Four players are in international squads - Celar, Smyth, Kolli & Tuck.
International break on 09:53 - Sep 3 with 1718 viewswombat

International break on 09:24 - Sep 3 by terryb

hopefully part of the break will involve stopping bannon having his annual free game in midfield on sat week, ideally it involves something along the lines of kicking him as high and as hard as possible in the first min or so.

can we please show up for a change at hillbrough!

Poll: which is your favouite foot

International break on 10:32 - Sep 3 with 1624 viewskernowhoop

International break on 09:53 - Sep 3 by wombat

hopefully part of the break will involve stopping bannon having his annual free game in midfield on sat week, ideally it involves something along the lines of kicking him as high and as hard as possible in the first min or so.

"hopefully part of the break will involve stopping bannon having his annual free game in midfield on sat week, ideally it involves something along the lines of kicking him as high and as hard as possible in the first min or so."

So, a red card for Jack Colback?
International break on 13:48 - Sep 3 with 1407 viewsfrancisbowles

International break on 09:24 - Sep 3 by terryb

Morrison and Ashby Scotland u21?
International break on 14:16 - Sep 3 with 1281 viewsCLAREMAN1995

International break on 09:53 - Sep 3 by wombat

We showed up last year until the last few minutes when the implosion took hold.
QPR are a totally different team this year not only a threat going forward but pretty decent at the back so Bannon will be taken care of easily IMO.
Look at Doughty from Luton he had his own thread after the cup game and got locked down 3 days later .
Hopefully Marti and Co have identified the main threats from each team and found their weakness to disarm them
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024