Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes sold apparently 16:06 - Aug 24 with 110252 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Rumours he's gone to Hearts.
Dykes sold apparently on 10:55 - Aug 30 with 2880 viewsTK1

Dykes sold apparently on 10:32 - Aug 30 by terryb

Anyone would think that the deep playing, false number 9, role is something new!

I've no idea when, or who, introduced it, but the Hungarian team that won 6-3 & 7-1 against England in 1953 employed it. Perhaps having a player as brilliant as the team, Nándor Hidegkuti, made this work. Don Revie played the same role at Manchester City.

It is possible that Herbert Chapman had his Huddersfield & Arsenal ( 6 times champion between them) teams played this way as well.

Exactly this. Been used since the 1920s.

Interesting to note - to my mind, anyway - that Spain won the Euros in 2012 with Fabregas as a false 9, because they had so many technical midfielders and wingers, they just adapted. Chair could definitely play that role centrally with Dembele and Saito either side, with Madsen and/or Anderson just behind him with a Field/Varane holding. You look at the squad QPR have built this window and it does look to be with that in mind. Celar also looks like a forward who comes to the ball in that mould.

If you have a central forward who drops to the ball, it allows your technical midfielders to get beyond into forward positions. It's why Chair always looks like he's holding the ball too long: nobody breaks ahead of the lines and makes space for the pass. Dembele and Saito will, Madsen/Anderson fill in the gaps behind. Ironically, I think Dykes could actually do the false 9 better than a real 9 too.

This is quite good about the false 9 history:

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/what-is-a-false-nine-explained-messi-kane-firmin
Dykes sold apparently on 10:55 - Aug 30 with 2874 viewsPhildo

Dykes sold apparently on 10:30 - Aug 30 by Northernr

Fck me, I know you're deeply in love but he hasn't died you know. He's gone to Birmingham City. We're allowed to do jokes.

Proof that there is a fate worse than death.

At least we are going to find out if our squad of a couple of years ago had gone down how they would have fared in league 1.
Dykes sold apparently on 11:02 - Aug 30 with 2777 viewsBuckR

£9million bid gone in from Birmingham to Fulham for Jay Stansfield according to John Percy - I mean really?!
Dykes sold apparently on 11:04 - Aug 30 with 2769 viewsconnell10

Dykes sold apparently on 10:49 - Aug 30 by HAYESBOY

''he hasn't died you know. He's gone to Birmingham''

What a choice!

RIP Lyndon

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dykes sold apparently on 11:15 - Aug 30 with 2653 viewsNortholt_Rs

Dykes sold apparently on 15:51 - Aug 29 by ParkRoyalR

I wasn't comparing him to Paul Goddard just how the role of strikers has changed in the modern game,

We haven't played with out & out wingers feeding a Centre Forward for a long time but with goal scoring responsibility shared between the attacking 4,

Notwithstanding, Dykes should be a 1 in 3 striker which he got close to on odd runs but fell off last year markedly.

Dykes scored 37 goals in 165 games with 13 assists. He’s pony.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Dykes sold apparently on 11:16 - Aug 30 with 2656 viewsSK_hoops

Dykes sold apparently on 11:02 - Aug 30 by BuckR

£9million bid gone in from Birmingham to Fulham for Jay Stansfield according to John Percy - I mean really?!

They've already spent around 16m.
Dykes sold apparently on 11:16 - Aug 30 with 2650 viewsDannyPaddox

Dykes sold apparently on 11:04 - Aug 30 by connell10

RIP Lyndon

We shouldn’t become covered with grief at thoughts of Birmingham
Dykes sold apparently on 11:25 - Aug 30 with 2594 viewsCamberleyR

Dykes sold apparently on 11:16 - Aug 30 by DannyPaddox

Very stunned.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Dykes sold apparently on 11:37 - Aug 30 with 2475 viewssparkey

This makes an absolute mockery out of the football pyramid.

The previous transfer record in Lg1 was £3m... Brum have broken that 3 times in one window, with this one the biggest by far.

We've seen money kill the prem, now the championship, it seems like this won't stop just there. Absolute farce.
Dykes sold apparently on 11:39 - Aug 30 with 2422 viewsHayesender

Dykes sold apparently on 11:37 - Aug 30 by sparkey

The previous transfer record in Lg1 was £3m... Brum have broken that 3 times in one window, with this one the biggest by far.

We've seen money kill the prem, now the championship, it seems like this won't stop just there. Absolute farce.

They're gonna have to do an Ipswich, or they'll be right in the brown stuff

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Dykes sold apparently on 11:48 - Aug 30 with 2332 viewsTK1

Dykes sold apparently on 11:37 - Aug 30 by sparkey

Disagree. It's the owners' money. If they want to overspend massively in L1 on a load of Championship level players (some of whom have failed at that level), that's on them.

It's the model Fulham used successfully first under Keegan and then under Tigana (Tigana!) and which numerous clubs - including QPR - have failed with disastrously. If (big if) they come up, they'll have a load very highly paid players on long contracts who we know are not quite good enough for anything above a lower Champ team.

They have to hope that Chris Davies is Kevin Keegan or Jean Tigana, too. (He's probably not). That's a lot of gnarly pros to manage for a 39 year-old novice when the going gets tough.
Dykes sold apparently on 11:50 - Aug 30 with 2310 viewsNorthernr

Dykes sold apparently on 11:48 - Aug 30 by TK1

Disagree. It's the owners' money. If they want to overspend massively in L1 on a load of Championship level players (some of whom have failed at that level), that's on them.

It's the model Fulham used successfully first under Keegan and then under Tigana (Tigana!) and which numerous clubs - including QPR - have failed with disastrously. If (big if) they come up, they'll have a load very highly paid players on long contracts who we know are not quite good enough for anything above a lower Champ team.

They have to hope that Chris Davies is Kevin Keegan or Jean Tigana, too. (He's probably not). That's a lot of gnarly pros to manage for a 39 year-old novice when the going gets tough.

That Chris Davies is going to have to win every game, that'll be the expectation.
Dykes sold apparently on 11:53 - Aug 30 with 2262 viewskernowhoop

Dykes sold apparently on 10:32 - Aug 30 by terryb

Anyone would think that the deep playing, false number 9, role is something new!

I've no idea when, or who, introduced it, but the Hungarian team that won 6-3 & 7-1 against England in 1953 employed it. Perhaps having a player as brilliant as the team, Nándor Hidegkuti, made this work. Don Revie played the same role at Manchester City.

It is possible that Herbert Chapman had his Huddersfield & Arsenal ( 6 times champion between them) teams played this way as well.

Tom Finney, a smallish and brilliant left-winger, played centre forward from time to time.
Dykes sold apparently on 12:17 - Aug 30 with 2112 viewslassel

Dykes sold apparently on 11:48 - Aug 30 by TK1

Absolutely it’s up to the owners at the end of the day but as said it means they’ll have to go straight through the division next year or they’ll be in a catastrophic FFP position the year after.
Dykes sold apparently on 12:23 - Aug 30 with 2069 viewsHoopsie

Brum will have to do an Ipswich

However, Ipswich dumped Dozzell on us while we gifted Dozzell to Brum

Read it how you may

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Dykes sold apparently on 12:55 - Aug 30 with 1897 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes sold apparently on 11:02 - Aug 30 by BuckR

Stockpiling some serious Premier League level talent....
Dykes sold apparently on 13:07 - Aug 30 with 1727 viewsconnell10

Dykes sold apparently on 12:55 - Aug 30 by ParkRoyalR

Fulham won't sell him . Birmingham are heading into all sorts of trouble methinks .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dykes sold apparently on 13:11 - Aug 30 with 1675 viewsDannyPaddox

Dykes sold apparently on 12:55 - Aug 30 by ParkRoyalR

With one glaring heavily-tattooed exception 😇
Dykes sold apparently on 13:22 - Aug 30 with 1593 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes sold apparently on 13:11 - Aug 30 by DannyPaddox

With one glaring heavily-tattooed exception 😇

Dykes sold apparently on 13:23 - Aug 30 with 1587 viewskensalriser

Dykes sold apparently on 09:43 - Aug 30 by ParkRoyalR

Queensparker, on a forum where many thought Chair & BOS were better players than Eze, where so many are at a loss to explain why we've never had any bids for Chair,

Finally, somebody more eloquent and articulate than me hits the nail squarely in the head,

Our total overhaul is maybe much needed, but not without significant risk, we all hope it works.

Did anyone really think Chair or BOS were better than Eze? I'd love to see the evidence for that, at least after Eze had played more than two or three games.

Trabzonspor made an offer for Chair in January.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dykes sold apparently on 13:48 - Aug 30 with 1419 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes sold apparently on 13:23 - Aug 30 by kensalriser

Did anyone really think Chair or BOS were better than Eze? I'd love to see the evidence for that, at least after Eze had played more than two or three games.

Trabzonspor made an offer for Chair in January.

Yes, Eze was a real slow burner with a lot of our support, unbelievably regularly got grief in the stands and two regulars I know had BOS ahead of him as a player, poor first touch and all,

Didn't realise Trabzonsor supposedly bid £4m for Chair, similar money we got for Luke Freeman.
Dykes sold apparently on 14:09 - Aug 30 with 1195 viewsdavman

Dykes sold apparently on 13:48 - Aug 30 by ParkRoyalR

Yes, Eze was a real slow burner with a lot of our support, unbelievably regularly got grief in the stands and two regulars I know had BOS ahead of him as a player, poor first touch and all,

Didn't realise Trabzonsor supposedly bid £4m for Chair, similar money we got for Luke Freeman.

Worth waaaaaay more than that. If he WANTS to go, sell him for whatever you can get, but if he wants to stay, find a way of making that happen. With the influx of attacking players (Saito, Dembele, Anderson, etc.) we are still much, much better when Illias is in the team.

Just my opinion; can't be right or wrong, it is how I see it...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Dykes sold apparently on 14:10 - Aug 30 with 1202 viewsKonk

Dykes sold apparently on 11:50 - Aug 30 by Northernr

That Chris Davies is going to have to win every game, that'll be the expectation.

If they're not promoted by mid-September, they can always get rid and bring in Frank Lampard or Brooklyn Beckham. The flaming wheelie bins, and lights and laser show that they put on at St Andrews is too showbiz to be slumming it in League 1 for more than a season. Champions League quality razzamatazz.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Dykes sold apparently on 18:24 - Aug 30 with 796 viewsmart_Goblin

Dykes sold apparently on 14:09 - Aug 30 by davman

Worth waaaaaay more than that. If he WANTS to go, sell him for whatever you can get, but if he wants to stay, find a way of making that happen. With the influx of attacking players (Saito, Dembele, Anderson, etc.) we are still much, much better when Illias is in the team.

Just my opinion; can't be right or wrong, it is how I see it...

He went kicking and screaming …
Dykes sold apparently on 18:34 - Aug 30 with 741 viewsdmm

Dykes sold apparently on 11:16 - Aug 30 by DannyPaddox

Sean would be sheriously shocked and shtunned

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024