Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LFW Marti Sit Down 20:31 - Aug 12 with 3445 viewsFrankRightguard

Apologies if this has already been covered, but have you been granted an audience Clive, or is that now off limits under the new regime?
LFW Marti Sit Down on 23:17 - Aug 12 with 3078 viewsNorthernr

Refused mate, unfortunately. First time in a decade. Have stated our case a few times but it's a no go.

The reason we were given they want to stress it's a collaborative effort, not the manager as the be all and end all. Which after Mick Beale you can perfectly understand. The cynic/journalist in me though immediately thinks 'what are you afraid he's going to say?'.
LFW Marti Sit Down on 23:26 - Aug 12 with 3033 viewsDannyPaddox

Thinking laterally, if “it’s a collaborative effort” is the genuine reason for refusing the interview then ask to interview everyone. Either individually or in groups or all at the same time.
LFW Marti Sit Down on 23:27 - Aug 12 with 3032 viewsFrankRightguard

That’s a shame. Wonder whether that’s his choice or a club decision. Either way it’s denied the fans a chance to get to know him a little better.
LFW Marti Sit Down on 00:30 - Aug 13 with 2876 viewskensalriser

It's consistent with the move to control information. Too unpredictable allowing the manager to sit down with a knowledgeable independent (ie not manipulable) journalist.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

LFW Marti Sit Down on 00:56 - Aug 13 with 2833 viewsLoftgirl

LFW Marti Sit Down on 23:17 - Aug 12 by Northernr

Refused mate, unfortunately. First time in a decade. Have stated our case a few times but it's a no go.

The reason we were given they want to stress it's a collaborative effort, not the manager as the be all and end all. Which after Mick Beale you can perfectly understand. The cynic/journalist in me though immediately thinks 'what are you afraid he's going to say?'.

If that is the reason, how come we don't hear from any other member of staff pre and post match?
LFW Marti Sit Down on 03:10 - Aug 13 with 2717 viewsrbee

Interviews can be edited and the club can approve before publication so perhaps there is more going on here.
LFW Marti Sit Down on 04:31 - Aug 13 with 2649 viewsHoopsie

Norf, have you tried to get one on one sit down with Nourry? I suppose that is not allowed too, how dare I ask?

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

LFW Marti Sit Down on 07:03 - Aug 13 with 2389 viewsNorthernr

LFW Marti Sit Down on 03:10 - Aug 13 by rbee

Interviews can be edited and the club can approve before publication so perhaps there is more going on here.

I would never take an interview on where I didn't have control over the copy and the club could edit or approve it. They've never asked for that TBF.
Login to get fewer ads

LFW Marti Sit Down on 07:05 - Aug 13 with 2379 viewsGus_iom

LFW Marti Sit Down on 07:03 - Aug 13 by Northernr

I would never take an interview on where I didn't have control over the copy and the club could edit or approve it. They've never asked for that TBF.

And you'll never be given a big drum.
Your choice, your loss.
LFW Marti Sit Down on 07:15 - Aug 13 with 2314 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

So the only time we get to hear MC outside of the approved club interviews is with WLS, and those questions are not exactly taxing.

Anyone else think Nourry is a little bit of a control freak?
LFW Marti Sit Down on 12:27 - Aug 13 with 1771 viewsdanehoop

LFW Marti Sit Down on 07:15 - Aug 13 by Wilkinswatercarrier

So the only time we get to hear MC outside of the approved club interviews is with WLS, and those questions are not exactly taxing.

Anyone else think Nourry is a little bit of a control freak?

I think he has seen this as an area that previously seems to have been problematic and so decided to close it down for now.

Things may get loosened after the transfer window closed and hopefully we are getting towards the position that he feels we should be in the league. Seems odd though to not be engaging as much as they could with the fanbase given how much that fed into last seasons great escape episode.

Never knowingly understood

LFW Marti Sit Down on 12:51 - Aug 13 with 1621 viewsNW11R

Any prospect of an interview with Nourry? Ever since his first interview we have not heard from him much bar that copy posted last week. I think that would arguably be more interesting than an interview with MC on wider club matters.
LFW Marti Sit Down on 12:54 - Aug 13 with 1590 viewsslmrstid

I think Northern has said previously there is still a Fans Forum scheduled for September? Be interesting to see what happens there, bit harder to control the narrative on that one, I can't imagine all the attendees will be pre-vetted! Unless it ends up being pre-submitted questions only rather than open mic.
LFW Marti Sit Down on 12:58 - Aug 13 with 1566 viewsdaveB

So if it goes tits up will they all be sacked as a collaborative effort or just the manager
LFW Marti Sit Down on 13:01 - Aug 13 with 1542 viewsOakR

I've always loved the interviews but....I also quite like this new controlled approach.

No false promises a la Fernandes, Beale etc things just confirmed when they happen, no time wasted on rogue comments.

I think we look more professional as a result, which is another tickbox to be taking seriously.

Poll: Will we stay up?

LFW Marti Sit Down on 13:58 - Aug 13 with 1293 viewsdaveB

LFW Marti Sit Down on 13:01 - Aug 13 by OakR

I've always loved the interviews but....I also quite like this new controlled approach.

No false promises a la Fernandes, Beale etc things just confirmed when they happen, no time wasted on rogue comments.

I think we look more professional as a result, which is another tickbox to be taking seriously.

It only looks more professional if the team does well, to me it looks like they are hiding something as there is no real reason for Marti or anyone at the club not to speak to supporters. As a manager he is professional enough to cope with this sort of interview and if they don't want Clive or another fan to do it just do a sit down with Marti in house before the season which they can control

Hearing what the manager's plans are ahead of the new season shouldn't be so difficult to access
LFW Marti Sit Down on 14:02 - Aug 13 with 1267 viewsrbee

Marti's interviews with the club usually contain leading questions with a positive spin.

Saturdays ''Is it pleasing though that despite falling two goals behind that was the point in which we started to create most of our chances and that the heads didn't drop from the players'' made me chuckle.
LFW Marti Sit Down on 14:06 - Aug 13 with 1238 viewsR_from_afar

LFW Marti Sit Down on 12:58 - Aug 13 by daveB

So if it goes tits up will they all be sacked as a collaborative effort or just the manager

God forbid that Marti gets sacked in the near future, but if he did, giving Calm sole control might be tricky initially because during one of the live Sky games, the commentator said that Marti coaches the attacking players and Xavi the defensive ones.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

LFW Marti Sit Down on 15:11 - Aug 13 with 960 viewsNW5Hoop

LFW Marti Sit Down on 07:05 - Aug 13 by Gus_iom

And you'll never be given a big drum.
Your choice, your loss.

In 34 years in journalism, I've never worked anywhere that gives copy approval. Not at any magazine – including when I edited FourFourTwo – or any newspaper. People think it happens all the time, but it really doesn't.
[Post edited 13 Aug 15:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024