Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies 21:38 - Jul 31 with 30655 viewsconnell10

Well we need a win so 2-1 to the R,s
[Post edited 31 Jul 21:39]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:34 - Aug 3 with 2509 viewskernowhoop

Defending well against a slick passing team. But, what to do when we get into their half of the pitch is a mystery to our boys.
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:35 - Aug 3 with 2505 viewsHooping_Mad

Someone needs to say it but our commentator creates no atmosphere or excitement, it's made the games that much harder to watch.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:35 - Aug 3 with 2503 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Just noticed, Cannon not even on the bench, and not injured.
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:36 - Aug 3 with 2469 viewsHooping_Mad

Great save by Nardi there.

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:37 - Aug 3 with 2434 viewsMalintabuk

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:29 - Aug 3 by QuillPenRiot

We’re growing into the match, getting used to their pace and press

Admire your confidence but we are basically playing 4 or 5 passes and then to go long... as I said we won't play this standard every week, so I don't mind us trying
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:40 - Aug 3 with 2332 viewsLogman

Collback doesn't look up to the job on more than one level
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:42 - Aug 3 with 2238 viewsaston_hoop

At least 30 minutes of this game has been Nardi to Field to Clarke-Salter to Someone else to Brighton player. At least we're getting the mistakes out now.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:42 - Aug 3 with 2232 viewsQPR_Hibs

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:40 - Aug 3 by Logman

Collback doesn't look up to the job on more than one level

I've also been a bit disappointed with Andersen so far.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Login to get fewer ads

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:43 - Aug 3 with 2223 viewsPdog

This is more of a fitness exercise in closing down and keeping shape, with practice 'playing out from the back' which does not go past the first 1/3
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:45 - Aug 3 with 2156 viewsaston_hoop

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:42 - Aug 3 by aston_hoop

At least 30 minutes of this game has been Nardi to Field to Clarke-Salter to Someone else to Brighton player. At least we're getting the mistakes out now.

Nardi trolling me now by playing the next goal kick long!

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:47 - Aug 3 with 2035 viewsHooping_Mad

We're only offering anything on our right side, it's a serious concern.

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:48 - Aug 3 with 1986 viewsHooping_Mad

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:43 - Aug 3 by Pdog

This is more of a fitness exercise in closing down and keeping shape, with practice 'playing out from the back' which does not go past the first 1/3

They sold tickets saying it was a game of football though.

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:49 - Aug 3 with 1959 viewsaston_hoop

Hopefully Varane is a big upgrade on what we have. Hopefully there is someone coming in who can match Chair's creativity.

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:49 - Aug 3 with 1946 viewsNov77

That was boring awful drek, missed the first ten minutes, but not a single shot at goal and what are we trying to achieve playing endless one-twos in our own penalty area?

Brighton are obviously better than us, but we are so far off it in terms of even retaining the ball never mind creating chances.
[Post edited 3 Aug 15:51]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:49 - Aug 3 with 1944 viewsMalintabuk

Brighton basically a class above us. But it is good we are trying to stick with a formula.
Some good things Naardi looks a decent keeper... JCS doesn't look out of place against Premier players, and though not done a great deal I think Celar looked lively and a few nice touches.
Hopefully if Brighton bring on the development subs we can get more into the game
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:50 - Aug 3 with 1901 viewsloftus77

HT 0-0.

Albion - as to be expected - way, way ahead 'on points' in this one. Yet again, Nardi impressing in goal. Colback looking off the pace but impressed by Kolli when we do get forward.

I fully expect a 0-2 or 0-3 defeat here, but no matter. Imho really good workout for the lads this - standard way above what we'll get week-in week-out over the 10 months to come.
[Post edited 3 Aug 15:51]
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:50 - Aug 3 with 1901 viewsconnell10

Goalie sound , defence fairly sound, attacking nonexistent. Can see us drawing a fair few games this season.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:51 - Aug 3 with 1834 viewsHAYESBOY

Brighton just have better players and are so good at passing through the lines. We are trying to play out of our area and we don't have the players to do it.
I like the look of Celar. Nice touches on the ball and looking to run in behind on the shoulder. Just needs service.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:52 - Aug 3 with 1809 viewsHooping_Mad

To be so close to first game with no creativity is not a good look after last years poor start, love him or loathe him the boss man needs to wise up.

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:53 - Aug 3 with 1759 viewsHooping_Mad

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:50 - Aug 3 by connell10

Goalie sound , defence fairly sound, attacking nonexistent. Can see us drawing a fair few games this season.

Throw a pillow in with the season ticket, and it may work.

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:53 - Aug 3 with 1752 viewsnumptydumpty

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:47 - Aug 3 by Hooping_Mad

We're only offering anything on our right side, it's a serious concern.

It's a friendly and against superior opposition.

They seem to just want to be practising passing out from the back.

If Paal is / isn't leaving, he is having a much better game and I certainly like the look of this goalkeeper. He is excellent from what I have seen.

Kolli had a couple of moments and that's about it.

Solid defensively apart from couple stray passes.

Midfield and attack not had much of a sniff...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:54 - Aug 3 with 1743 viewsLogman

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:49 - Aug 3 by aston_hoop

Hopefully Varane is a big upgrade on what we have. Hopefully there is someone coming in who can match Chair's creativity.

I think that is key. We need a CM who can break past players from deep. A Tim Iroegbunam mark II (the Primark model)

n.b. Isaac Hayden is not the answer
[Post edited 3 Aug 15:56]
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:55 - Aug 3 with 1651 viewsHooping_Mad

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:53 - Aug 3 by numptydumpty

It's a friendly and against superior opposition.

They seem to just want to be practising passing out from the back.

If Paal is / isn't leaving, he is having a much better game and I certainly like the look of this goalkeeper. He is excellent from what I have seen.

Kolli had a couple of moments and that's about it.

Solid defensively apart from couple stray passes.

Midfield and attack not had much of a sniff...

We should be able to give lower prem team a game, I don't think we can.

We have no options to change it up, this is how a season of strange injuries starts.

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:58 - Aug 3 with 1568 viewsMalintabuk

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:55 - Aug 3 by Hooping_Mad

We should be able to give lower prem team a game, I don't think we can.

We have no options to change it up, this is how a season of strange injuries starts.

The Chair one is a worry.... is it his back?
I haven't seen any updates from the club or have I just missed something?
Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 15:58 - Aug 3 with 1555 viewsderbyhoop

Hove Albion V The R,s match thread.Sponser Pukka Pies on 14:56 - Aug 3 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Try the Brighton website, looks like they are showing it.

fawanews got it eventually. 5 minutes behind the BHA video.

We're geting a chasing. The difference in quality between the PL and QPR is huge.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024