Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WTF is a head of methodology? 10:14 - Jul 22 with 7990 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Apparently, we now have one!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

WTF is a head of methodology? on 13:32 - Jul 22 with 2667 viewsfrancisbowles

Club has a 21st century strategy and this guy has a seriously impressive CV.
I wonder how this would have worked a year agošŸ«¢šŸ˜‚.
WTF is a head of methodology? on 13:34 - Jul 22 with 2662 viewsGroveR

WTF is a head of methodology? on 13:25 - Jul 22 by PlanetHonneywood

That'll be the challenge for the soon to be appointed, Head of Crisis Management.

Never a dull moment in that job at Rangers
WTF is a head of methodology? on 13:38 - Jul 22 with 2619 viewskensalriser

Praise be to the ologists.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

WTF is a head of methodology? on 13:44 - Jul 22 with 2567 viewsSpaceman_P

its to teach them science and ting no?
WTF is a head of methodology? on 14:06 - Jul 22 with 2457 views222gers

Obvious reallyā€¦.
WTF is a head of methodology? on 14:30 - Jul 22 with 2361 viewsDavieQPR

WTF is a head of methodology? on 14:06 - Jul 22 by 222gers

Obvious reallyā€¦.

Helps with time wasting,feigning injury, penalty appeals etc. Perhaps present an Oscar at end of season awards.
WTF is a head of methodology? on 15:44 - Jul 22 with 2234 viewsCiderwithRsie

WTF is a head of methodology? on 12:23 - Jul 22 by DavieQPR

Who cares as long as it's an -ology.

Right! Here we go noooow. Sociology lecture. With a bit of psychology, a bit of neurology, a bit of f*ckology, no fun.

[Post edited 22 Jul 15:46]
WTF is a head of methodology? on 15:50 - Jul 22 with 2188 viewsCiderwithRsie

All joking (and general puzzlement) aside, I would think the Brentford background is quite encouraging for where we want to go as a club - even allowing for the fact that Brentford have prospered after sacking off their Academy.
Login to get fewer ads

WTF is a head of methodology? on 15:58 - Jul 22 with 2164 viewskensalriser

Of course, this doesn't mean the method isn't going to be 'just boot it up the effing channels'.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

WTF is a head of methodology? on 16:01 - Jul 22 with 2155 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

WTF is a head of methodology? on 16:24 - Jul 22 with 2062 viewsnumptydumpty

Jeez

It's actually the academy development chief of staff.....

Or youth academy lead coach

With a focus on developing young players to be able to one day compete In ours or others first team squad

Basically a Chris Ramsey.

It sounded like a classroom assistant for GCSE.chemistry students !!!

If people know big words then, it totally justifies their status.

Wonder if any other job roles are available.

A personalised vision technician perhaps or a training room merchandise concierge.

Anyone else got any jobs they wish to apply for within the club...

Big words always look great on the old curriculum vitae !!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

WTF is a head of methodology? on 16:30 - Jul 22 with 2026 viewslondonscottish

WTF is a head of methodology? on 12:23 - Jul 22 by DavieQPR

Who cares as long as it's an -ology.

To quote Maureen Lipman from that old BT ad "Ooooh! We've got an ology!"

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

WTF is a head of methodology? on 19:50 - Jul 22 with 1857 viewsmart_Goblin

I get a lot of the cynicism and concur with some of it .

What I will say is the everyday staff at the club are totally blown away by the change in every tiny aspect of the club in the last 12 months.
Itā€™s a very different club and environment now.

The overriding take from staff is that the club ā€˜means businessā€™ whereas it is only clear now how far we were lagging behind the rest of the football world until very recently .

Could all go belly up of course but you canā€™t say they ainā€™t trying
WTF is a head of methodology? on 19:56 - Jul 22 with 1839 viewsdmm

WTF is a head of methodology? on 19:50 - Jul 22 by mart_Goblin

I get a lot of the cynicism and concur with some of it .

What I will say is the everyday staff at the club are totally blown away by the change in every tiny aspect of the club in the last 12 months.
Itā€™s a very different club and environment now.

The overriding take from staff is that the club ā€˜means businessā€™ whereas it is only clear now how far we were lagging behind the rest of the football world until very recently .

Could all go belly up of course but you canā€™t say they ainā€™t trying

Can you explain how you know this to be the case?
WTF is a head of methodology? on 22:44 - Jul 22 with 1700 viewsloftus77

Yep...nothing I can really add to this thread that Clive (imho) hasnt already reflected in his excellent Spurs report. Head of Methodology, data analytics, modern transfer analysis - it's all OK, it's all new, it's all a really genuinely good thing while the whole club is in clear and rightful credit with its massively loyal, long-suffering fanbase. But it would take no more than a few heavy defeats to the might of Oxford, Plymouth and Preston to blow the new Methodology sky- high out of the water by November. And appointments like these would then be first in the firing line imho.
[Post edited 22 Jul 22:47]
WTF is a head of methodology? on 22:49 - Jul 22 with 1683 viewsnumptydumpty

WTF is a head of methodology? on 22:44 - Jul 22 by loftus77

Yep...nothing I can really add to this thread that Clive (imho) hasnt already reflected in his excellent Spurs report. Head of Methodology, data analytics, modern transfer analysis - it's all OK, it's all new, it's all a really genuinely good thing while the whole club is in clear and rightful credit with its massively loyal, long-suffering fanbase. But it would take no more than a few heavy defeats to the might of Oxford, Plymouth and Preston to blow the new Methodology sky- high out of the water by November. And appointments like these would then be first in the firing line imho.

I don't doubt that this could well be a positive appointment

I think people just amused by the job title and the Nourry chat bot language now being used by the club

And most of us over the age of 40, would have zero idea as to what a head of methodology actually is.

Am all for the data analysis if it improves fitness, performance and team unity on the pitch and think it has its place absolutely

It's the job title itself that seems strange at a football club

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

WTF is a head of methodology? on 23:29 - Jul 22 with 1628 viewsDannyPaddox

WTF is a head of methodology? on 23:35 - Jul 22 with 1614 viewsMyke

WTF is a head of methodology? on 13:14 - Jul 22 by Logman

What happens if the Head of Methodology gets the boot ?

The head won't get boot unless there's something a foot
WTF is a head of methodology? on 10:10 - Jul 23 with 1382 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

WTF is a head of methodology? on 11:31 - Jul 22 by QuillPenRiot

It even sounds great backwards, Methodology of Head

Great name for a 1980ā€™s Synth Pop alternative band

DonnieR

WTF is a head of methodology? on 11:24 - Jul 23 with 1261 viewsLblock

WTF is a head of methodology? on 22:44 - Jul 22 by loftus77

Iā€™d disagree to an extent

I think most sensible fans would have trust in current process as these boys have earned significant credit for how theyve rolled last year or so.
The way we finished the season sort of feels like we were on a high.
Itā€™ll take a very long run of defeats for Marti to burn his credit and Nourry strikes me as level headed and wouldnā€™t be reactionary away from the plan due to fan pressure.

None of that would stop the Twitter warriors though

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

WTF is a head of methodology? on 12:03 - Jul 23 with 1175 viewsNorthernr

WTF is a head of methodology? on 11:24 - Jul 23 by Lblock

Iā€™d disagree to an extent

I think most sensible fans would have trust in current process as these boys have earned significant credit for how theyve rolled last year or so.
The way we finished the season sort of feels like we were on a high.
Itā€™ll take a very long run of defeats for Marti to burn his credit and Nourry strikes me as level headed and wouldnā€™t be reactionary away from the plan due to fan pressure.

None of that would stop the Twitter warriors though

It's easily spun though isn't it.

There's already been several fck ups, like the School End lower tier ticketing for Birmingham, Sheff Wed and Leeds, that has basically been allowed to slide because the team's doing well and everybody thinks Nourry is this force of brilliance sweeping through the club.

Can you imagine the reaction a year ago if our pre-season had consisted of an 11-0 win against a Spanish Sunday league outfit played on a golf course? Fans locked out of the pre-season tour, squad list kept under wraps until an hour before the first game, opposition for the matches only announced a couple of days before? Ainsworth and Hoos would have been taking pelters for the farce of it all.

But at the moment, outwardly, everything in the garden is rosy, and so this stuff just slides by.

It wouldn't have been the big deal it was made out to be a year ago, but nor is it the completely irrelevant deal it's being made out to be now.
WTF is a head of methodology? on 03:30 - Jul 27 with 616 viewsSonofNorfolt

On the face of it we're all, rightly, more optimistic than this time last year.
However, slap yourself hard and remember this is Queen's Park Rangers FC.
The most positive thing to happen to us in the next few weeks would be Eze signing for a
Saudi side for a world record fee freeing up wonga for us to sign the best finisher available outside of the European top divisions along with a disgraced Rodri opting to do community service at a the club he's loved ever since he saw Ale Faurlin's left peg when a teenager.
Marti instilled self belief into the team last season and we're buying into it, yet more quality is still needed if we're to compete in the top half.
There's big positivity amongst us all, great support towards the end of last season carried on now with f ucking the away followers out of the bottom tier for this campaign, I just hope we can achieve what our bravado encourages.
WTF is a head of methodology? on 03:39 - Jul 27 with 615 viewsrbee

WTF is a head of methodology? on 12:17 - Jul 22 by CiderwithRsie

Many, many years ago at work we were doing a project and I was put in charge of methodology for it (not that I asked to be), at which point I realised that I had no idea what it meant.

I did find out, but I've now forgotten. It's a great joy not to need to know that sort of thing.

Ladies and Gentlemen meet The Loft For Words Head of Methodology.

Speech!
WTF is a head of methodology? on 10:06 - Jul 27 with 489 viewsGloryHunter

WTF is a head of methodology? on 11:38 - Jul 22 by connell10

I thought at first it was something to do with the church.

Mum, Dad, I'm joining the Methodologists.
WTF is a head of methodology? on 11:41 - Jul 27 with 397 viewsStainrod

WTF is a head of methodology? on 12:03 - Jul 23 by Northernr

It's easily spun though isn't it.

There's already been several fck ups, like the School End lower tier ticketing for Birmingham, Sheff Wed and Leeds, that has basically been allowed to slide because the team's doing well and everybody thinks Nourry is this force of brilliance sweeping through the club.

Can you imagine the reaction a year ago if our pre-season had consisted of an 11-0 win against a Spanish Sunday league outfit played on a golf course? Fans locked out of the pre-season tour, squad list kept under wraps until an hour before the first game, opposition for the matches only announced a couple of days before? Ainsworth and Hoos would have been taking pelters for the farce of it all.

But at the moment, outwardly, everything in the garden is rosy, and so this stuff just slides by.

It wouldn't have been the big deal it was made out to be a year ago, but nor is it the completely irrelevant deal it's being made out to be now.

I get that as a fan even more obsessed with the Rs than the likes of me this kind of stuff might be irritating, but just as prime ministers are judged on the big decisions, so are ceos. Signing Marti, insisting transfers are done according to data, recruiting youth, looking at the psychological make up of players, refusing to be bent over by rapacious agents, getting actual money for completely ineffective players and securing a proven goal scoring centre forward (until nowā€¦) - all of this he has achieved and which apparently alluded Hoos, Baird, etc.

Very early days and it could and probably will all go wrong because we are Queens Park Rangers - but if he successfully rebuilds the squad and achieves a top 10 finish this season, are fans really going to be talking about the ticketing for Birmingham? I do get that as you, unlike me, follow the team away as well as at home you have more skin in the game, reflected in some of your beautifully evocative descriptions of miserable journeys to hell-holes. But the best way IMHO to make most fans happy is to run a football club that wins matches and shows progression. There at least appears to be a strategy now - compare and contrast to a couple of years ago with Amit basically saying: ā€œI give up. iā€™ve been in football for over a decade but essentially I havenā€™t learned anything or know anyone useful. We have tried the only strategy that could work and we failed at that too so the answer has to be Gareth Ainsworth.ā€ That was the moment I nearly despaired of this club, more even than when we were relegated to League One. If we pour over every decision made by a club of course there will be things some donā€™t like - I know you have a principled objection to the non-releasing of contract lengths - but on the available evidence I think, at the very least, Nourry deserves the benefit of the doubt, his management-jargon, nonsense-laden press releases notwithstanding.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024