Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ear bandages 13:30 - Jul 19 with 5933 views222gers

I kid you not……I'm in the pub and three women in the corner are wearing ear bandages a la Trump.
I was going to go over with clenched fist and say”fight, fight, fight” but maybe they've just had treatment for ear complaints !
Ear bandages on 01:42 - Jul 20 with 1871 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Ear bandages on 16:03 - Jul 19 by qpr_1968

king charles had better put speeches on hold in the usa.....

sitting duck

Serious question here and living abroad have no idea about gun laws or gun ownership in England but has anybody ever taken a shot at a member of the Royal family.
Has there been credible threats that have been crushed out before anything developed.
Some famous actor once had a line in a movie saying "you can shoot at presidents but never a Queen .
Ear bandages on 07:03 - Jul 20 with 1787 viewsdmm

Ear bandages on 01:42 - Jul 20 by CLAREMAN1995

Serious question here and living abroad have no idea about gun laws or gun ownership in England but has anybody ever taken a shot at a member of the Royal family.
Has there been credible threats that have been crushed out before anything developed.
Some famous actor once had a line in a movie saying "you can shoot at presidents but never a Queen .

I think the last British monarch to be killed was in 1649 when Charles l was beheaded during the civil war.

There were plenty before that from the late Anglo Saxon period onwards. Famously in 1327 Edward II was supposedly murdered by having a red hot poker shoved up his arse while he was sitting on the loo!
Ear bandages on 09:30 - Jul 20 with 1693 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We assassinated a prime minister once.

Spencer Percival.
https://www.parliament.uk/about/living-heritage/building/palace/estatehistory/fr
Ear bandages on 12:27 - Jul 20 with 1591 viewsGus_iom

Ear bandages on 07:03 - Jul 20 by dmm

I think the last British monarch to be killed was in 1649 when Charles l was beheaded during the civil war.

There were plenty before that from the late Anglo Saxon period onwards. Famously in 1327 Edward II was supposedly murdered by having a red hot poker shoved up his arse while he was sitting on the loo!

Well, some say he Edward ll actually lived the rest of his life quietly in a monastery somewhere, that theory revolves around a letter, I believe.
I was listening to, or reading something, about the alleged poker murder the other day, apparently those who killed him were rather worried about the consequences of committing a regicide, so a tube was first inserted up his arse, the poker pushed up the tube, the idea being that there was no visible external sign of murder.
Grim.
Ear bandages on 12:36 - Jul 20 with 1583 viewsslmrstid

Rather famously of course we tried to blow a monarch up and now celebrate it every year in November...

I was curious as I was sure both Queen Vic and Elizabeth had attempts on their lives by firearms.

Bit of info on this clickbait style site about 6 Royal Family members who have had attempts on their life, Lizzie II survived three apparently.
https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/celebrity/article/3186245/6-british-royals-

Google searching "assassination attempts on British monarchs" has now probably got my computer flagged for surveillance...
Ear bandages on 12:44 - Jul 20 with 1550 viewsDannyPaddox

Now the far-Right Dutch are at it!
Will this madness ever end?
Ear bandages on 13:07 - Jul 20 with 1493 viewsLazyFan

Ear bandages on 12:36 - Jul 20 by slmrstid

Rather famously of course we tried to blow a monarch up and now celebrate it every year in November...

I was curious as I was sure both Queen Vic and Elizabeth had attempts on their lives by firearms.

Bit of info on this clickbait style site about 6 Royal Family members who have had attempts on their life, Lizzie II survived three apparently.
https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/celebrity/article/3186245/6-british-royals-

Google searching "assassination attempts on British monarchs" has now probably got my computer flagged for surveillance...

Did we not chop off the King's head to get a parliament?

zzzzzzzzzz

Ear bandages on 13:36 - Jul 20 with 1462 viewsslmrstid

Ear bandages on 13:07 - Jul 20 by LazyFan

Did we not chop off the King's head to get a parliament?

Well Parliament existed before then but a King getting his head chopped off had already been mentioned so I ignored that.
Login to get fewer ads

Ear bandages on 14:48 - Jul 20 with 1415 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Sorry I did not mean to get you flagged for surveillance but thanks for the info its very interesting.
Most people remember JFK getting killed and Ronald Reagan getting shot but its been a long time since a shooter had an American President/ past President in his scope sight .
The amount of long range guns with automatic fire capabilities available (for hunting FFS) in the US is staggering and most young shooters simply take the ones available in their own house.There lies the biggest problem and luckily most of the the European countries have avaided that issue.
Ear bandages on 19:26 - Jul 20 with 1336 viewsqpr_1968

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Ear bandages on 20:31 - Jul 20 with 1275 viewsloftboy

Closest in recent times has to be Thatcher and her cabinet being bombed in Brighton, didn’t someone try and kidnap princess anne by gunpoint?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Ear bandages on 21:32 - Jul 20 with 1222 viewsBoston

Ear bandages on 14:48 - Jul 20 by CLAREMAN1995

Sorry I did not mean to get you flagged for surveillance but thanks for the info its very interesting.
Most people remember JFK getting killed and Ronald Reagan getting shot but its been a long time since a shooter had an American President/ past President in his scope sight .
The amount of long range guns with automatic fire capabilities available (for hunting FFS) in the US is staggering and most young shooters simply take the ones available in their own house.There lies the biggest problem and luckily most of the the European countries have avaided that issue.

I've twice had a gun pulled on me. First was a sawn off outside the then Hop Bine beside North Wembley Station, the other a handgun on Park Lane, Wembley, a couple of mins from the High Rd. The first 'big shot' lost his bottle when we decided to go for him, the second time we managed to wrestle the piece from the bloke. Amazing how indifferent you can be to danger when you've had a skin full.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ear bandages on 22:04 - Jul 20 with 1180 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ear bandages on 21:32 - Jul 20 by Boston

I've twice had a gun pulled on me. First was a sawn off outside the then Hop Bine beside North Wembley Station, the other a handgun on Park Lane, Wembley, a couple of mins from the High Rd. The first 'big shot' lost his bottle when we decided to go for him, the second time we managed to wrestle the piece from the bloke. Amazing how indifferent you can be to danger when you've had a skin full.

That’s nothing, I sat above the goal during the Connor Washington era.
Ear bandages on 12:03 - Jul 21 with 1036 viewskernowhoop

Ear bandages on 20:31 - Jul 20 by loftboy

Closest in recent times has to be Thatcher and her cabinet being bombed in Brighton, didn’t someone try and kidnap princess anne by gunpoint?

Yes.
Ear bandages on 12:48 - Jul 21 with 986 viewsMrSheen

Eight assassination attempts on Queen Victoria, one with a cane! Scarred her face apparently. None of her attempted assassins were executed.
[Post edited 21 Jul 12:50]
Ear bandages on 12:58 - Jul 21 with 971 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Early 1980s the Queen had a starting pistol fired at her during Trooping the Colour.
Ear bandages on 13:13 - Jul 21 with 954 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ear bandages on 14:37 - Jul 19 by DWQPR

All the rage at the Republican convention by all accounts. Only in America.

Apparently Trumpet's latest gem is that he took a bullet for democracy. Whether it was a bullet or a bit of teleprompter glass, it's not all he's taken for democracy: Stormy allegedly gave him a good spanking with a magazine!!

Bet you don't see many Republicans wearing bandages on their 'arris though!!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ear bandages on 13:30 - Jul 21 with 931 viewsMrSheen

Ear bandages on 09:30 - Jul 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

We assassinated a prime minister once.

Spencer Percival.
https://www.parliament.uk/about/living-heritage/building/palace/estatehistory/fr

A direct descendant of the assassin, Henry Bellingham, is a Conservative peer and former MP. He lost his seat in 1997 (though regained it in 2001), in part because the UKIP candidate, Roger Percival, siphoned away 5,000 votes; he claimed to be a direct descendant of the murdered PM.
Ear bandages (n/t) (n/t) (n/t) on 13:49 - Jul 21 with 902 viewsLoftBoy57

Am currently in the good old 🇺🇸 and everywhere I go there are Trump supporters wearing these bloody ear bandages - but in a UK pub 🤔🤪
[Post edited 21 Jul 14:15]
Ear bandages on 15:31 - Jul 21 with 831 viewsqpr1976

Ear bandages on 14:41 - Jul 19 by Dorse

Imagine if he'd been shot through the foreskin.

Doesn’t have one !

….. er …..so I’m told……
Ear bandages on 15:58 - Jul 21 with 805 viewslightwaterhoop

Guy Fawkes night is celebrating the fact that blowing up the King and his family failed.
Ear bandages on 12:17 - Jul 22 with 638 viewsSheffieldHoop

Ear bandages on 15:58 - Jul 21 by lightwaterhoop

Guy Fawkes night is celebrating the fact that blowing up the King and his family failed.

OMG Those Trump cultists look so ridiculous in these ear bandages.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Ear bandages on 12:19 - Jul 22 with 634 viewsNorthernr

existing thread

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! by numptydumpty 29 Jun 10:41
Has anyone seen the "Car Crash" performance of Joe Biden in his live TV debate v Trump.

Many times, he lost his train of thought. Often, he was.out of breath and many times he wasn't focusing.

This man is the so called leader of the developed world.

And he is going to get trounced, big time by Donald Trump, who could be beaten quite easily by a mediocre politician.

I really can't see how Americans can feel about their leaders in anyway that is positive whatsoever.

But this debate was shocking.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024