Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armstrong 22:57 - Jul 15 with 67109 viewsdigswellhoop

sorry if I'm late Armstrong is a talent sign him on a long contract he will be a great player for us if nurtured properly

This post has been edited by an administrator
Armstrong on 14:17 - Jul 20 with 4633 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Armstrong on 02:44 - Jul 20 by SydneyRs

If they could teach me or anyone else to finish we'd be decent strikers too. Its a big if for me.

Finishing is down to being clear, calm and cool headed and he's shown no sign of that. Is it suddenly going to appear? I'm not so sure, I think its an innate thing in most good strikers and you've either got it or you haven't.

If he wasn't so quick nobody would be interested in him.

That said, if he does do well enough to step up from BC (let's face it, they won't get more than one good year out of him if he does make it), he could end up being worth around 10 million to us. If he doesn't then we've just got a very good deal.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2:48]

Three cases in point: Les Ferdinand / Harry Kane / Thierry Henry.

None of them scored loads in late teens / early twenties. Were all definitely taught to finish and have stated so. Of course instinct helps, but hell of a lot of technique to learn too.

To be clear, I am not saying Armstrong will be anywhere any of them but let’s finishing is defo a teachable attribute.

I’m not a coach by any means but why else would BC buy him if they didn’t think they could teach him goals.
[Post edited 20 Jul 14:26]
Armstrong on 17:36 - Jul 20 with 4348 viewsPunteR

Armstrong on 14:17 - Jul 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Three cases in point: Les Ferdinand / Harry Kane / Thierry Henry.

None of them scored loads in late teens / early twenties. Were all definitely taught to finish and have stated so. Of course instinct helps, but hell of a lot of technique to learn too.

To be clear, I am not saying Armstrong will be anywhere any of them but let’s finishing is defo a teachable attribute.

I’m not a coach by any means but why else would BC buy him if they didn’t think they could teach him goals.
[Post edited 20 Jul 14:26]

Yeh BC are no mugs. Neither are we. Good deal all round.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

club on 20:46 - Jul 20 with 4076 viewsrobith

club on 09:40 - Jul 16 by robith

several million??????????????

You need to adjust your strain, brother

If we were offering several million for a striker who had a goal involvement once every 3.3 matches, this place would burn down

Rbee - I owe you an apology. Sounded super outlandish but fair play, you were right
Armstrong on 22:38 - Jul 20 with 3850 viewsbaz_qpr

I think his stamina and recovery time are also an issue for Marti and the way he wants to play, Sincs can press for 10 minutes then he is done. As others have said desperately needs a league one loan playing 90 minutes a match. I think he will have at least one hot season in his career and BC and therefore us will cash in. Kind of think you have to build a team. around that type of player. I'll guess we will see. I wish him well
club on 23:21 - Jul 20 with 3718 viewsrbee

club on 20:46 - Jul 20 by robith

Rbee - I owe you an apology. Sounded super outlandish but fair play, you were right

Just read that he signed a four year deal at Bristol, I doubt that we were offering that length of contract.
club on 00:22 - Jul 21 with 3599 viewsCLAREMAN1995

club on 23:21 - Jul 20 by rbee

Just read that he signed a four year deal at Bristol, I doubt that we were offering that length of contract.

Wow that is some news if accurate rbee it sets Sinclair up nicely for the next stage of his career .
If he was just looking for security and money then it looks like he has found it .
Will their manager be able to find the magic potion that clicks and turn him into a goal scoring machine .
On a slight tangent the ROI team he was called to once have appointed a new Manager finally and he will be looking for talent to back up Brighton's young Striker Ferguson so maybe SA can catch his eye .
Armstrong on 06:53 - Jul 21 with 3348 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Armstrong on 19:03 - Jul 19 by Beckenhamhoop

Just seen the news I was hoping for. This has made my day. The best bit of business I can recall in a long while.
Also, a little prediction for you… he’ll never be sold again for a higher transfer fee than this.

And the nominations for best business by QPR are:

1. The Sincs Deal.

2. The Celar Deal.

3. Offloading Andre Dozzell.

4. Getting Richards out of the place.

5. Getting £5 for a bottle of Carlsberg

This time last year, four of those nominees weren't on the ballot paper.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Armstrong on 06:59 - Jul 21 with 3334 viewsswisscottage

Armstrong on 22:38 - Jul 20 by baz_qpr

I think his stamina and recovery time are also an issue for Marti and the way he wants to play, Sincs can press for 10 minutes then he is done. As others have said desperately needs a league one loan playing 90 minutes a match. I think he will have at least one hot season in his career and BC and therefore us will cash in. Kind of think you have to build a team. around that type of player. I'll guess we will see. I wish him well

Agree.

Much as Dykes gets slammed for his finishing, his ability to press for 90 minutes and keep going is very much an asset. Lets hope Celar brings that and the finishing.
Login to get fewer ads

Armstrong on 07:11 - Jul 21 with 3297 viewsLblock

Armstrong on 06:53 - Jul 21 by PlanetHonneywood

1. The Sincs Deal.

2. The Celar Deal.

It’s a tie between 3 and 4 but on the recount 4 gets it

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Armstrong on 07:21 - Jul 21 with 3268 viewsdmm

1. The Sincs Deal.

2. The Celar Deal.

£5 for a bottle of piss water!?
Armstrong on 08:40 - Jul 21 with 3104 viewsPeterHucker

I think this is the best summary of Sinclair Armstrong I’ve seen.
Neither of these eventualities would surprise me!!!!

Armstrong on 09:33 - Jul 21 with 2969 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I like Sincs but that was a great deal for us for a player with 1 year left.

He might become the next John Williams. (not the guitar guy)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Armstrong on 09:40 - Jul 21 with 2955 viewsTK1

Armstrong on 13:04 - Jul 20 by w7r

Great bit of business done there. If he wasn't going to sign, then no option other than to cash-in.

He seems like a nice lad, but he's not a natural striker. Okay, he's quick, strong, and (kind of) exciting. He's also, unpredictable, has a poor touch, no composure in front of goal, poor positioning, can't head and is way too emotional.

Some of those shortcomings may be improved with coaching but he's not a kid anymore, look at the likes of Gallen, Austin, Thorpe, Les, Thompson, Crouch and Wells to name a few - it came naturally to them they didn't need to think about it - natural born killers in front of goal. Sincs isn't of that ilk IMO.

Hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see him getting more than 5 goals this season. Might even have bet on his tally.

Interesting comparisons.I'd say he still is a kid. Of those strikers, at the same age:

Wells was playing for Eccleshill United, in the Northern Counties league, about to sign for Bradford in L2.
Ferdinand was playing for Hayes.
Thomson was playing for Queen of the South in Scottish Div 2.
Austin was playing for Poole Town (about to go to Swindon)

Only Gallen and Crouch, who'd just had his breakout season at QPR, were ahead of Armstrong - but Gallen was alongside Robbie Fowler the stand-out youth forward in the country so a bit of an outlier.

Like Les, Austin and Wells, Armstrong did not have an academy background but he's much further ahead in his career than they were at his age. Loads of potential. Glad there's a sell-on deal.
Armstrong on 10:01 - Jul 21 with 2891 viewsTK1

Armstrong on 09:40 - Jul 21 by TK1

Interesting comparisons.I'd say he still is a kid. Of those strikers, at the same age:

Wells was playing for Eccleshill United, in the Northern Counties league, about to sign for Bradford in L2.

Only Gallen and Crouch, who'd just had his breakout season at QPR, were ahead of Armstrong - but Gallen was alongside Robbie Fowler the stand-out youth forward in the country so a bit of an outlier.

Like Les, Austin and Wells, Armstrong did not have an academy background but he's much further ahead in his career than they were at his age. Loads of potential. Glad there's a sell-on deal.

One further point:

Alfie Lloyd came on and looked a handful, if not exactly an immediate goal threat in the friendly yesterday. Something there to be worked, though is he a striker or winger will need to be answered. This could be the season he breaks out of the development squad, gets a good loan at a L2/L1 club for three months, maybe a handful of first team appearances at QPR even.

Alfie Lloyd is two months older than Sinclair Armstrong.
Armstrong on 10:10 - Jul 21 with 2856 viewsmart_Goblin

1. The Sincs Deal.

2. The Celar Deal.

Just as a matter of interest , Dozzell scored on trial for Sheffield United yesterday .

What an agent he has!
Armstrong on 10:28 - Jul 21 with 2809 viewsNed_Kennedys

Armstrong on 09:40 - Jul 21 by TK1

Difference is those players were banging in loads of goals in men’s football, albeit at lower levels.
Armstrong is not in their league as a goal scorer.
Armstrong on 11:29 - Jul 21 with 2608 viewspriceyparkrangers

Kolli showed more ability in 45 minutes to me than Sinclair did in 64 games. Kolli is our next big gem.
Armstrong on 11:51 - Jul 21 with 2504 viewsHoopsie

Armstrong on 10:28 - Jul 21 by Ned_Kennedys

Difference is those players were banging in loads of goals in men’s football, albeit at lower levels.

To further add to this, Gallen, Crouch, Austin, Wells, Sir Les are fundamentally strikers

I don’t think Sinclair can be classified as a striker. His skill sets indicated otherwise. The most lacking are goal scoring instinct, positioning and the ability to head the ball.

Is he a false 9, a decoy forward, or just a quarter hour bully?

Also, I am pretty sure the scouts at Bristol City probably have a few forward position they think Armstrong can fit right in and develop him for. But defo not as a central striker IMO
[Post edited 21 Jul 11:52]

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Armstrong on 13:19 - Jul 21 with 2319 viewsLazyFan

He's a winger, kick and run style. But as usual wants to play as a Striker, if Brizzle force him down that route I doubt it will work. If they play him on the wing and tell him to hang there and wait for the over the top ball, it could work.

zzzzzzzzzz

Armstrong on 13:53 - Jul 21 with 2199 viewsDavieQPR

Except for he can't cross either. He has a tendency to panic and not know what to do.
Armstrong on 14:04 - Jul 21 with 2147 viewsTK1

Armstrong on 10:28 - Jul 21 by Ned_Kennedys

I reckon Sinclair Armstrong would score lots of goals for Poole, Hayes and Eccleshill United too. But we'll never know, because he plays in the Championship about six-to-eight levels higher (he does score goals in international football, which none of them were playing at that age).

Surely the examples of Les, Austin and Wells is proof that what you are as a 20-year-old striker does not define what you will be as a 24 or 25 year-old striker? I find it a really odd argument saying they are proof that he's not. Les in particular was not playing at his level and still took another three seasons to reach anything like his potential.

Let's just see. We offered him a contract as we thought there's something there as a striker, so did Bristol City (and Stoke). Glad, still, we have that sell-on fee if true.
Armstrong on 14:19 - Jul 21 with 2062 viewsdanehoop

I like him as player with lots of potential and causes goals (if not necessarily scores them himself) by his approach of speed and physicality. That said, I am not such a fan of his agent who seems to have spent every transfer window agitating for a move and putting out that big names clubs were interested in him. They weren't and its questionable whether the names that were eventually actually interested necessarily represent a massive step up (although prior to Cifuentes arrival probably looked better options for most players over us).

Wish him well, he tried for us and I think progressed - but not as much as I'd expected. Maybe another year or so under Cifuentes would have seen some greater improvements. But maybe not, given how high maintenance his agent is and the expectations they must keep putting to the player, this is probably best deal for all concerned. A 20% sell on fee looks like decent insurance for us as well.

Never knowingly understood

Armstrong on 14:28 - Jul 21 with 2014 viewskensalriser

Armstrong on 14:04 - Jul 21 by TK1

I reckon Sinclair Armstrong would score lots of goals for Poole, Hayes and Eccleshill United too. But we'll never know, because he plays in the Championship about six-to-eight levels higher (he does score goals in international football, which none of them were playing at that age).

Surely the examples of Les, Austin and Wells is proof that what you are as a 20-year-old striker does not define what you will be as a 24 or 25 year-old striker? I find it a really odd argument saying they are proof that he's not. Les in particular was not playing at his level and still took another three seasons to reach anything like his potential.

Let's just see. We offered him a contract as we thought there's something there as a striker, so did Bristol City (and Stoke). Glad, still, we have that sell-on fee if true.

All the players you cite were yet to get their chance at a high level club. Armstrong has already been at one for well over three years and wasn't able to oust any of the other poorly performing strikers at that club.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Armstrong on 15:17 - Jul 21 with 1874 viewsParkRoyalR

Most teams now seem to be set up with a lone striker and one, two or three 10's,

Armstrong does not have the skill-set or attributes to play as a lone striker.
Armstrong on 15:27 - Jul 21 with 1817 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Armstrong on 10:10 - Jul 21 by mart_Goblin

Just as a matter of interest , Dozzell scored on trial for Sheffield United yesterday .

What an agent he has!

How can I put it? Oh yeah, not the least bit 'kin interested in AD. That said, if he can scupper one of our promotion contenders, well that's peachy!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024