Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FC L'Escala 18:04 - Jul 8 with 14299 viewsGloucs_R

5th tier, semi pro....

That's who our next friendly is against

Poll: Are we staying up?

FC L'Escala on 18:17 - Jul 8 with 4258 viewsdavman

Hmmmmmmmm.

All a bit amateur hour again...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

FC L'Escala on 18:37 - Jul 8 with 4192 viewsRanger_1969

The Spanish equivalent of Wealdstone then......
FC L'Escala on 18:41 - Jul 8 with 4170 viewsHoopstar

Minutes in legs in the heat really isn't it?

Spurs, Brighton and Reading are all good friendlies as we build toward day one.
FC L'Escala on 21:11 - Jul 8 with 3841 viewsHAYESBOY

A draw then.
[Post edited 8 Jul 21:12]

Smells like a trout farm in here

FC L'Escala on 21:34 - Jul 8 with 3745 viewsPdog

Gonna be goal bonanza confidence booster
FC L'Escala on 22:15 - Jul 8 with 3659 viewscaliforniahoop

FC L'Escala on 18:41 - Jul 8 by Hoopstar

Minutes in legs in the heat really isn't it?

Spurs, Brighton and Reading are all good friendlies as we build toward day one.

Spot on!
FC L'Escala on 23:24 - Jul 8 with 3517 viewsdaveB

Under the previous regime this kind of tour would be mocked but Nourry is popular at the moment so it's a bit of a free hit for him at the moment
FC L'Escala on 23:34 - Jul 8 with 3498 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Night club in Kings Cross!
Login to get fewer ads

FC L'Escala on 23:42 - Jul 8 with 3490 viewsnumptydumpty

FC L'Escala on 21:34 - Jul 8 by Pdog

Gonna be goal bonanza confidence booster

Even Sinclair may score !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

FC L'Escala on 05:00 - Jul 9 with 3377 viewsaston_hoop

FC L'Escala on 23:42 - Jul 8 by numptydumpty

Even Sinclair may score !!!

A couple of strange things here since I actually watch a little bit of this level.

1 - the standard is way way lower than English 5th tier football

2 - the league they play in doesn't start until mid September. Even on their own twitter, they mention they don't start their own pre-season until 22nd July and don't have friendlies until August. So fck know what version of them we will be playing!!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

FC L'Escala on 07:52 - Jul 9 with 3230 viewsPaddyhoops

Not really bothered by standard of opposition. This squad tore Leeds a new one only a couple of months ago so we know what they’re capable of.
FC L'Escala on 08:35 - Jul 9 with 3179 viewsPdog

A Michy Frey double hat-trick by halftime or i'm turning off the stream.
FC L'Escala on 09:44 - Jul 9 with 3039 viewsAntti_Heinola

FC L'Escala on 23:24 - Jul 8 by daveB

Under the previous regime this kind of tour would be mocked but Nourry is popular at the moment so it's a bit of a free hit for him at the moment

While I too am enjoying the adoration Nourry currently gets on here for things like releasing youth players, and there is an element of truth in what you’re saying; in reality its not really comparable. We now know two things: 1. That the fitness guy has really proved himself over the last year, so he would have input into what the aims of this trip are (ie: it’s not about competitive matches, it’s about fitness and development; and 2. Marti and Xavi are not idiots. They know what they want and I imagine for now it is fitness, patterns of play, and practising elements of the game they want for next season. As long as facilities are good and pitches are good (both look exceptional to my untrained eye) that’s the important thing.
We come back for games against opposition from leagues above us and below us to further prep for the new season. If we were coming back for one game against someone like weymouth, I’d be worried. We’re not. I think most fans probably get that and it’s less about love for Nourry than understanding the bigger picture, even if some are disappointed they can’t follow the team abroad.

Bare bones.

FC L'Escala on 10:11 - Jul 9 with 2938 viewsdaveB

FC L'Escala on 09:44 - Jul 9 by Antti_Heinola

While I too am enjoying the adoration Nourry currently gets on here for things like releasing youth players, and there is an element of truth in what you’re saying; in reality its not really comparable. We now know two things: 1. That the fitness guy has really proved himself over the last year, so he would have input into what the aims of this trip are (ie: it’s not about competitive matches, it’s about fitness and development; and 2. Marti and Xavi are not idiots. They know what they want and I imagine for now it is fitness, patterns of play, and practising elements of the game they want for next season. As long as facilities are good and pitches are good (both look exceptional to my untrained eye) that’s the important thing.
We come back for games against opposition from leagues above us and below us to further prep for the new season. If we were coming back for one game against someone like weymouth, I’d be worried. We’re not. I think most fans probably get that and it’s less about love for Nourry than understanding the bigger picture, even if some are disappointed they can’t follow the team abroad.

Yeah the games we have back in England look a lot better than normal, these European trips they go on though always look a real farce and to go to Spain and not let fans in to see it seems mad
FC L'Escala on 10:29 - Jul 9 with 2877 viewsNed_Kennedys

FC L'Escala on 10:11 - Jul 9 by daveB

Yeah the games we have back in England look a lot better than normal, these European trips they go on though always look a real farce and to go to Spain and not let fans in to see it seems mad

These matches should’ve been downgraded and classed as training games and shown for free.
Quite right the club didn’t want fans spending hard earned money going out there when the quality of opposition is so low.
FC L'Escala on 10:31 - Jul 9 with 2870 viewsterryb

FC L'Escala on 10:11 - Jul 9 by daveB

It is the training camp that is important Dave, rather than the two matches. Just as it was in Cornwall in 2010.

These two matches are no different to the 11 a-side games that are played internally. I wouldn't expect fans to be allowed to watch them either.

It was always stipulated that no fans would be admitted and I can't see why that is a mad decision. Especially as the quality of the sides we would be playing against was unknown.
FC L'Escala on 13:36 - Jul 9 with 2631 viewsDesertBoot

Watch Andersen’s video diaries and this is all about fitness and tactics so opposition is irrelevant at this stage.
Brighton and Tottenham in W12 to come so let’s not be negative and the facilities look superb for the players.

Wish I could be like David Watts

FC L'Escala on 13:49 - Jul 9 with 2557 viewsMalintabuk

Wait for the meltdown when l'escargot or whoever they are cane us 2-0
FC L'Escala on 14:20 - Jul 9 with 2420 viewsrobith

Pre season matches are glorified training matches. I'd be a bit worried if it was all we were doing, but hot weather stuff against lower standard gives you more time to work on shapes and patterns, then trying to implement it against a higher standard when we get back broadly makes sense to me?
FC L'Escala on 15:13 - Jul 9 with 2317 viewsDavieQPR

It's also due to the grounds we are playing on. UEFA insist on proper fan segregation. Cost of staffing would not be covered gate money.
FC L'Escala on 15:38 - Jul 9 with 2240 viewsAd99

I'm in L'escala at the moment. Hot as balls. Won't be an easy run around regardless of the oppo. Lovely town.
FC L'Escala on 16:34 - Jul 9 with 2115 viewsenfieldargh

Any one have the feed yet?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

FC L'Escala on 16:39 - Jul 9 with 2080 viewsfrancisbowles

For info not a criticism of the training camp.

Only the top two divisions of Spanish football are full time. Their third and fourth tier are semi pro. Their fifth tier is split into eighteen groups on a regional basis. I have watched UD Lanzarote a few times and they play in group 12, which is comprised of teams in Lanzarote and the other Canary Islands like Las Palmas b and Tenerife b. They have a play off system

It's a good watch but lots of high bouncing balls on a rock hard pitch. Probably some way below our fifth tier.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tercera_Federaci%C3%B3n
FC L'Escala on 16:40 - Jul 9 with 2080 viewsenfieldargh

Paid my fiver where’s the game?

captains fantastic

FC L'Escala on 16:42 - Jul 9 with 2070 viewsenfieldargh

Bollox thought it was Thursday today!,!,

captains fantastic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024