Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread 20:50 - Feb 15 with 47144 viewsSpaceman_P

After the Match Thread request came my way. I am taking one for the team.

Very hard to be optimistic after yesterday.

But we've got this. 1 nil us. Marti will be giving them a right bolloxing today and tomorrow and thus, they will want to at least do something to make it up to him.

I think some of team will also not want Dickie having bragging rights.

SO...

Frey second-half header into the back of the home crowd net.... psycho celebration to top it off.

BUM-CHEEKS firmly together, but FREY will lead us to victory.

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:36 - Feb 17 with 2638 viewsstowmarketrange

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:19 - Feb 17 by Juzzie

It wasn’t just the result on Wednesday that was disappointing but the awful performance too, talk about chalk & cheese compared to today.

Fantastic win and there’s that hope again…..

[Post edited 17 Feb 17:20]

It’s a shame that we lost the wrong one of the two away games this week or we’d already be out of the bottom 3 today.
Still a much better performance today and well done to the team and the fans too who made the effort to get there today.
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:36 - Feb 17 with 2610 viewssdm1508

That inter play towards the end was good to see. Wilock actually coming inside to beat players. A confident Wilock scores at least one of those chances

Think Anderson could be very good for us. Committed and knows when to hold on to the ball and when to play it. That cut back for the goal. Didn't just put the ball in, he passed it to a player

Dunne looks a better RB than CB. Those tackles at the end. Danny Maddix like

At the moment though I think I prefer Colback over Field. Colback a bit more progressive in his passing.

All in all, when we show the right attitude we can play a bit.
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:38 - Feb 17 with 2557 viewsCamberleyR

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:34 - Feb 17 by MrSheen

One of the eight was a cup defeat.

Doh! So it was. Was just looking at the L on soccerbase.

Still, it's seven defeats in eight matches for them whatever.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:39 - Feb 17 with 2560 viewsHarbour

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:39 - Feb 16 by Harbour

0-2 another disappointment..

Very happy to be proved wrong well done rangers great win has got us feeling more positive…it’s a rollercoaster ride following rangers.
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:39 - Feb 17 with 2557 viewsParkRoyalR

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:28 - Feb 17 by rbee

Yup!

As I said before the game the line up looked strange at first but when you broke it down you had a solid back four with Dunne added for set peices, two solid holding midfielders and our three best creative players.

The whole team played so well but man of the match for me is Andersen for his talent, that pass and sheer work rate.

I got hammered before this game for saying it's all about our 3 No 10's offensively and dogs like Field + Dunne defensively with even an off-form Dykes to top-up the Centre Halves to create space for our 10's to play.

Field goal-line clearance could have been the difference today as someone remarked we're more solid at corners so what, win 1-0 so what.

One swallow doesn't make a summer but you can stay up in this division by just grinding out 1-0 and nil-nils.
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:42 - Feb 17 with 2470 viewsA40Bosh

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:39 - Feb 17 by ParkRoyalR

I got hammered before this game for saying it's all about our 3 No 10's offensively and dogs like Field + Dunne defensively with even an off-form Dykes to top-up the Centre Halves to create space for our 10's to play.

Field goal-line clearance could have been the difference today as someone remarked we're more solid at corners so what, win 1-0 so what.

One swallow doesn't make a summer but you can stay up in this division by just grinding out 1-0 and nil-nils.

And I trust Chair is now forgiven his traitorous ‘grin’ on Weds night too!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:43 - Feb 17 with 2463 viewsMrSheen

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:38 - Feb 17 by CamberleyR

Doh! So it was. Was just looking at the L on soccerbase.

Still, it's seven defeats in eight matches for them whatever.

I imagine they’re taking it with their usual good humour.
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:45 - Feb 17 with 2426 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

Great win…next week is massive again. I fear the worse for next week because we seem to play so much better against teams that push up and want to play. Rotherham will sit deep behind the ball and that will be our undoing!

But fabulous win.

The one thing that has to be pointed out however is Willock. He had flashes of his old self - BUT, and it’s a big but, he was disgraceful out of possession. In the first half he let his man go three times. Marti was screaming at him. Also he has to score one of this chances.

Who does he think is going to give him a massive contract next season … does he think that they aren’t watching or something.
Login to get fewer ads

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:49 - Feb 17 with 2335 viewsrbee

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:39 - Feb 17 by ParkRoyalR

Dykes was the better option today for his controlled closing down and work rate, well done Marti. Playing the 3 number 10's was also a masterstroke.

The Field effort was immense but it was a free kick anyway.

One swallow really doesn't make a summer with us but it was a great performance today, we now have Andersen, it could have been 3 or 4 in the end with some better final passes and efforts on goal although tired legs were a factor towards the end of the game.
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:49 - Feb 17 with 2329 viewsParkRoyalR

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:45 - Feb 17 by Philothesuperhoop

Great win…next week is massive again. I fear the worse for next week because we seem to play so much better against teams that push up and want to play. Rotherham will sit deep behind the ball and that will be our undoing!

But fabulous win.

The one thing that has to be pointed out however is Willock. He had flashes of his old self - BUT, and it’s a big but, he was disgraceful out of possession. In the first half he let his man go three times. Marti was screaming at him. Also he has to score one of this chances.

Who does he think is going to give him a massive contract next season … does he think that they aren’t watching or something.

With Hadyn being so athletic and Cannon at Right-Back I think we can indulge Willock and cover for this failing,

With Kakay at RB and Dozzell as CDM it would have been suicidal.
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:50 - Feb 17 with 2317 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:42 - Feb 17 by A40Bosh

And I trust Chair is now forgiven his traitorous ‘grin’ on Weds night too!

Its hard to figure out Chair sometimes but that goal today was superb.
He played the wrong pass a few times today once when Willock had the entire pitch to himself and another short to Frey when he was through .Be interesting to see his match score from Clive.
Speaking of Willock it looked likr Bristol City said lets not worry about him he cant hurt us with the amount of space they gave him.
Dickie would know how dangerous he used to be so it shows how far they think he has slipped.
Willock and Smyth broke the cardinal rule in back to back weeks in critical situations .
Hammer the ball across the keeper its either a goal, save with a tap in rebound for us instead of a worthless side netting no good to anyone
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:50 - Feb 17 with 2312 viewsKerryE

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:45 - Feb 17 by Philothesuperhoop

But fabulous win.

Willock just brings that bit of quality what you need to win matches.
If he is not tracking back/a bit lazy, at the moment I for one forgive him.
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:53 - Feb 17 with 2278 viewsmart_Goblin

What a bizarre team this is and what a bizarre football match .

For 30 minutes we were so bad . One break away and one great piece of vision, a calm head and an assured pass and we are 1-0 up and then a different team . Anderson , shocking for 30 mins then best player on the pitch for the next 30.

I thought we fully deserved that . Strong bench that didn’t weaken the team any .
I just don’t get the difference from Saturday to Wednesday to Saturday.

Quick mentions for Jimmy Dunne, not his natural position and it showed for 30 mins. But it was a great gritty display and he got better as the game went on .
And Sam Field. With the ball he is a mouse , the epitome of not being brave with the ball and rather than go forward he’d rather playing it backward out of play . But without the ball he is a lion . Read the game so well and that clearance underneath the cross bar could be worth so much come May.
He posts a problem as he just can’t play the way team and the coach wants too, but he is so valuable when the opposition has it .
Tough call but a great spirited performance.
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:54 - Feb 17 with 2259 views1JD

But fabulous win.

Willock was superb today and ran himself into the ground, couldn’t run by the end of it. Looked more like his normal self today, was moving far more freely. And excellent out of possession, won 3 interceptions alone in the first half.
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:56 - Feb 17 with 2206 viewsstainrods_elbow

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:01 - Feb 17 by lassel

Somewhere Stainrods Elbow is absolutely gutted that they can’t demand Marti be sacked after this game.

O give over - I'm as delighted/flummoxed/amazed as all of us!

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:59 - Feb 17 with 2160 viewsMatch82

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:19 - Feb 17 by Spaceman_P

Trying to get some kind of pun ready for the title as we speak!!!

The putting us through the millers match thread
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:04 - Feb 17 with 2099 viewsMatch82

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:53 - Feb 17 by mart_Goblin

For 30 minutes we were so bad . One break away and one great piece of vision, a calm head and an assured pass and we are 1-0 up and then a different team . Anderson , shocking for 30 mins then best player on the pitch for the next 30.

I thought we fully deserved that . Strong bench that didn’t weaken the team any .

Quick mentions for Jimmy Dunne, not his natural position and it showed for 30 mins. But it was a great gritty display and he got better as the game went on .
And Sam Field. With the ball he is a mouse , the epitome of not being brave with the ball and rather than go forward he’d rather playing it backward out of play . But without the ball he is a lion . Read the game so well and that clearance underneath the cross bar could be worth so much come May.
He posts a problem as he just can’t play the way team and the coach wants too, but he is so valuable when the opposition has it .

Right at the end Dunne put in 3 tackles in about 10 seconds. Really grew into the game
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:06 - Feb 17 with 2054 viewsaston_hoop

Madness, if we could defend corners we'd be proper!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:06 - Feb 17 with 2049 viewsQPROslo

Great win and we really played some football 2nd half. Chair, Willock and Andersen all excellent.
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:07 - Feb 17 with 2031 viewsManinBlack

But fabulous win.

To be honest I don't see the point in Rotherham coming to our place and sitting deep when they are 10 points behind Sheffield Wednesday. They desperately need wins now as draws won't help them much. They have to bring the attitude that as we are bottom 3 with a poor home record that they can win so I expect them to have an attacking intent. They have nothing to lose now they have to go for it. Hopefully they will leave space we can take advantage of.

The Rotherham game reminds me of Luton v Sheffield Utd the other week. The Blades lost 5-0 at home to Villa and looked dead and buried while Luton had only lost once in 8 matches putting 4 past Brighton and Newcastle in that run. Everyone expected Luton to win at home to ease their relegation fears and yet United got their first away win of the season 3-1. Rotherham now look doomed so we must ensure we don’t copy Luton and blow yet another golden opportunity to get out of the drop zone. The law of averages suggests we will finally crack it.

Having said that I still have this morbid fear we will go above Millwall and Wednesday will go above us both so we still drop. I would have preferred a draw between Millwall and Wednesday today.
[Post edited 17 Feb 18:11]
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:12 - Feb 17 with 1959 viewsParkRoyalR

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:49 - Feb 17 by rbee

Dykes was the better option today for his controlled closing down and work rate, well done Marti. Playing the 3 number 10's was also a masterstroke.

The Field effort was immense but it was a free kick anyway.

One swallow really doesn't make a summer with us but it was a great performance today, we now have Andersen, it could have been 3 or 4 in the end with some better final passes and efforts on goal although tired legs were a factor towards the end of the game.

Rbee, your 1st paragraph is where I was before today's game with our offensive pattern of play, Armstrong brings pace but limited end product and if Dykes is nothing other than a foil to allow our 10's to play he justifies his starting place.
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:13 - Feb 17 with 1953 viewsrbee

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 17:53 - Feb 17 by mart_Goblin

in that case both teams were so bad for the first thirty minutes, it was an even game.

Cannot accept that on Andersen sorry. He played well in the first 30 minutes but you will not find a player that covered more ground. He would be supporting Willock and the next moment supporting Chair.
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:19 - Feb 17 with 1861 viewsrbee

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:12 - Feb 17 by ParkRoyalR

Rbee, your 1st paragraph is where I was before today's game with our offensive pattern of play, Armstrong brings pace but limited end product and if Dykes is nothing other than a foil to allow our 10's to play he justifies his starting place.

Very good point.

So same again against Rotherham next week or Armstrong to rough them up?
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:38 - Feb 17 with 1650 viewsmart_Goblin

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:04 - Feb 17 by Match82

Right at the end Dunne put in 3 tackles in about 10 seconds. Really grew into the game

He just wanted it more didn’t he . Great to see
Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:39 - Feb 17 with 1639 viewsmart_Goblin

Robin Reliant - Del-Boy, Batman or Dickie? - The Bristol Vs QPR Match Thread on 18:07 - Feb 17 by ManinBlack

To be honest I don't see the point in Rotherham coming to our place and sitting deep when they are 10 points behind Sheffield Wednesday. They desperately need wins now as draws won't help them much. They have to bring the attitude that as we are bottom 3 with a poor home record that they can win so I expect them to have an attacking intent. They have nothing to lose now they have to go for it. Hopefully they will leave space we can take advantage of.

The Rotherham game reminds me of Luton v Sheffield Utd the other week. The Blades lost 5-0 at home to Villa and looked dead and buried while Luton had only lost once in 8 matches putting 4 past Brighton and Newcastle in that run. Everyone expected Luton to win at home to ease their relegation fears and yet United got their first away win of the season 3-1. Rotherham now look doomed so we must ensure we don’t copy Luton and blow yet another golden opportunity to get out of the drop zone. The law of averages suggests we will finally crack it.

Having said that I still have this morbid fear we will go above Millwall and Wednesday will go above us both so we still drop. I would have preferred a draw between Millwall and Wednesday today.
[Post edited 17 Feb 18:11]

They will because that’s how teams beat us
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024