Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Think ive lost my mind D&B 11:49 - Nov 20 with 19872 viewsQPsyR

FKA AcidPixie

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 10:50 - Jan 11 with 2464 viewsLazyFan

Just sample from "I Can't accept ..." and replay that four times and then kick in the music and up the ante on the sound from the first play, I bet the crowd goes wild if you drop a proper track from that!

You can quote me when I say ...
"Jungle is my Bungle"

zzzzzzzzzz

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 12:45 - Jan 11 with 2411 viewsLblock

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 10:50 - Jan 11 by LazyFan

Just sample from "I Can't accept ..." and replay that four times and then kick in the music and up the ante on the sound from the first play, I bet the crowd goes wild if you drop a proper track from that!

You can quote me when I say ...
"Jungle is my Bungle"

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 19:21 - Jan 11 with 2348 viewsPunteR

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 09:24 - Jan 11 by FDC

Don't know if people have seen these, made oi larf. Insanely sampleable!

[Post edited 11 Jan 9:28]

Saw this and all the fallout out sampling from it. Really funny.
Tbf though i thought throwing a Guy called Gerald in there was a bit of a red herring. Although he did make 28 gun bad man.
Its probably the only 3 answers i would have known on that quiz show.. !

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 05:21 - Jan 12 with 2288 viewsFDC

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 19:21 - Jan 11 by PunteR

Saw this and all the fallout out sampling from it. Really funny.
Tbf though i thought throwing a Guy called Gerald in there was a bit of a red herring. Although he did make 28 gun bad man.
Its probably the only 3 answers i would have known on that quiz show.. !

Yeah I thought that about GCG, not the first thing you'd associate him with, surely that would be Voodoo Ray!

This could be my favourite

[Post edited 12 Jan 5:22]
Think ive lost my mind D&B on 18:01 - Mar 9 with 2026 viewsQPsyR

I need something to get away from today........

FKA AcidPixie

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 21:01 - Mar 9 with 1976 viewsjoolsyp

Loving this thread and I'll have to check out Silky's tunes! I lived in Bristol back in the day so was into the usual suspects for a while (Roni Size, Die). Then got into techno but the recent junglist revival is superb. Digging the likes of Tim Reaper, Sherelle and Sully at the moment. And while she's pretty mainstream, Nia Archives is so talented and draws on so many genres.

Keep the recommendations coming!
Think ive lost my mind D&B on 02:04 - Mar 10 with 1936 viewssilky

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 21:01 - Mar 9 by joolsyp

Loving this thread and I'll have to check out Silky's tunes! I lived in Bristol back in the day so was into the usual suspects for a while (Roni Size, Die). Then got into techno but the recent junglist revival is superb. Digging the likes of Tim Reaper, Sherelle and Sully at the moment. And while she's pretty mainstream, Nia Archives is so talented and draws on so many genres.

Keep the recommendations coming!

Big loves mate. Tim and I go way back. Hes a top bloke.

Also shout Yoël (Coco Bryce) to that list.

Sully is sickeningly good.

More to come from myself from both my Liquid Silk and Worldwide Epidemic aliases.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 05:54 - Mar 10 with 1898 viewsQPsyR

????????????????????

Anymore ?

FKA AcidPixie

Login to get fewer ads

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 23:04 - Mar 10 with 1823 viewsQPsyR

Fkn Liqiid innnit
We will stay up Anderson is proper
Said WE ARE QPR always and forever

FKA AcidPixie

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 10:44 - May 3 with 1489 viewsPunteR

RIP MC Conrad.
"Dreeemscape!!..how ya feeling? ....
Its 6 o clock in tha morning and were still jumping and pumping...
Coming up for you now the man like LTJ Bukem on the 1s and 2s.... And a brand new fresh MC like me.. MC Conrad...
You aint heard f**k all like this before..
so be prepared for war...
Coz im gonna warm you up and pump you up for the last few hours we got ..so get ready to... Hardcore it.. Jungle it... come with it my man! "

[Post edited 3 May 20:42]

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 14:57 - May 3 with 1421 viewsStevenageRanger

Very sad. See Conrad many times in the early 90s. See him lots of the bigger events e.g. Dreamscape, United Dance but I went to a smaller event in Great Yarmouth back in Oct 1992. Him and Bukem, small club and was stood 6 feet away from them both and watching him do his thing was brilliant (so was Bukem to be fair on a very shoddy set up)

His intro on the Dreamscape 4 set that was then sampled was superb. It was actually "So get ready to Hardcore It, Jungle It, Come with it my man"

RIP Conrad
Think ive lost my mind D&B on 20:33 - May 3 with 1324 viewssilky

A very very sad time indeed. Conrad had the rare ability to MC and enhance the music. RIP

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 20:58 - May 3 with 1307 viewsPunteR

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 14:57 - May 3 by StevenageRanger

Very sad. See Conrad many times in the early 90s. See him lots of the bigger events e.g. Dreamscape, United Dance but I went to a smaller event in Great Yarmouth back in Oct 1992. Him and Bukem, small club and was stood 6 feet away from them both and watching him do his thing was brilliant (so was Bukem to be fair on a very shoddy set up)

His intro on the Dreamscape 4 set that was then sampled was superb. It was actually "So get ready to Hardcore It, Jungle It, Come with it my man"

RIP Conrad

Edited. Of course.
I played the Dreamscape 4 the other night when i heard the news plus loads of other bits and that introduction really got me. And yeah man.. that sample.!
One of the best mixes on Dreamscape.

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 19:09 - Jun 9 with 999 viewsBluce_Ree

This is great. I love this moody style of D&B with the breaks just going mental. It's so old school and dark.

If I could be arsed learning a DAW, this is what I'd make.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 23:09 - Jun 9 with 940 viewsE17hoop

Saw this thread pop up again and was reminded of this from Millz (Nicky Blackmarket's daughter) on R1 DnB show a couple of months ago:

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 20:35 - Jul 31 with 683 viewsPunteR

RIP DJ Randall "Too Hot Handle!"

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 20:43 - Jul 31 with 670 viewsPunteR

Saw this recently. Great interview, talking about rave and DnBs history.
Gutted to hear about Randall.

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 13:28 - Aug 1 with 525 viewsStevenageRanger

So sad. Randall was at the first event I ever attended back in November 1991. I see him lots over the years and feel lucky to have been to AWOL twice and see him there.

He had the skill to mix together two tunes and just let them roll seamlessly. He done this way before any sync button was invented and with a genre in Hardcore that was 'frantic' (but beautiful!) in production. This was a skill many could not master.

RIP Randall
Think ive lost my mind D&B on 13:38 - Aug 1 with 498 viewsPunteR

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 13:28 - Aug 1 by StevenageRanger

So sad. Randall was at the first event I ever attended back in November 1991. I see him lots over the years and feel lucky to have been to AWOL twice and see him there.

He had the skill to mix together two tunes and just let them roll seamlessly. He done this way before any sync button was invented and with a genre in Hardcore that was 'frantic' (but beautiful!) in production. This was a skill many could not master.

RIP Randall

Yeh was listening to this mix again this morning.
Bearing in mind this mix was on vinyl, it's superb.
Love the way he cuts and drops the breaks in. One of the best.
https://www.mixcloud.com/rudeboy75/dj-randall-helter-skelter-keep-the-fires-burn

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 09:49 - Aug 2 with 380 viewsStevenageRanger

Will give it a listen.
Think ive lost my mind D&B on 01:26 - Aug 4 with 303 viewsQPsyR

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 21:42 - Nov 26 by QPsyR

Ha Ha Bluce soz in fairness my really good friend who is a proper D&B raver said she doesn't do vanilla when I sent her this when it came out...oh and something about no music for p***ies only proper stuff. She's well into Neuerofunk TBF

Most embarrassingly I literally had no idea whatsoever I started this thread
Don't carry on all day Monday after a big Sunday is my sensible advice. I have decided to become a sensible, upstanding useful member of society from now on after that aberration lol Well apart from going to Tribe of Frog last night lol

Anyhow apart from the Burt Cope track these are my favourite D&B tracks from the last couple of years plus my favourite two ever - As I've Spackmaned many a time on the TFFT lol.....Sorry Bluce I don't think you will approve but when it comes to D&B I like intelligent as it was and Liquid as it is now. Weirdly when it comes to Acid Techno I love it when it goes as hard as fkn nails.

And my absolute favourite two..........funnily enough both on a a Moving Shadow cassette taht was free with Wax magazine in December 1996.

The true rebels always walk alone anyway.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 13:42]

Enough Said.
[Post edited 4 Aug 1:29]

FKA AcidPixie

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 01:50 - Aug 4 with 283 viewsFredManRave

Think ive lost my mind D&B on 13:28 - Aug 1 by StevenageRanger

RIP Randall

Patrick London, who had apparently been friends with DJ Randall for over 30 years, did an emotionally charged set on Release Radio tonight as a mark of respect to the man by playing a D&B set in homage.

Not my usual bag, but it was a very powerful and emotional set.

https://www.mixcloud.com/ReleaseRadioUK/03-08-24-patrick-london-release-radio/

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024