Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for swansea 00:13 - Sep 17 with 4349 viewsnumptydumpty

Begovic

Paal Cook Clarke Salter Kakay

Field Dozzell

Chair Dykes Armstrong Willock

Think we will win well on Tuesday - Three nil.

Hope springs eternal !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Team for swansea on 00:18 - Sep 17 with 3699 viewsstainrods_elbow

4-2-4? I like your throwback style.

After today's debacle, the set-up and performance on Tuesday will have me, and I'm sure others, watching very closely indeed.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Team for swansea on 10:08 - Sep 17 with 3443 viewsessextaxiboy

I would play the Duke instead of Dozzell .

His form has mildly improved of late but like the disguised pass at Cardiff I can see him living off his worldy for another 6 months .
Team for swansea on 10:39 - Sep 17 with 3382 viewsQPROslo

Team for swansea on 10:08 - Sep 17 by essextaxiboy

His form has mildly improved of late but like the disguised pass at Cardiff I can see him living off his worldy for another 6 months .

Well no sign of that yesterday. Thought he had another all round good game and as long as he is fit will surely play Tuesday with Colback out for that as well. He's way better than Duke, recently anyway.
Team for swansea on 11:01 - Sep 17 with 3336 viewsDejR_vu

Swansea are in the mini-league down the bottom. We need to win, we need the three points and we need to make sure we open up a gap between them and us. No excuses. The way it’s going we’re going to excuse ourselves to relegation. Whatever the excuse of preference, two wins and four defeats, with a poor goal difference, is relegation form, and that’s with the squad as fit and available as it’s likely to get.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Team for swansea on 11:02 - Sep 17 with 3342 viewsdmm

Team for swansea on 10:39 - Sep 17 by QPROslo

Well no sign of that yesterday. Thought he had another all round good game and as long as he is fit will surely play Tuesday with Colback out for that as well. He's way better than Duke, recently anyway.

Yes, I'd agree. He's stepped up a level this season and deserves to start. With Colback out he should take it as an opportunity to go further.
Team for swansea on 11:19 - Sep 17 with 3307 viewswortonr

I think Sinclair needs a rest and Willock needs a start. Sinclair is showing his inexperience, far too often offside ( interesting how he gets a free pass on here compared with others from the recent past). Will do better as an impact sub and less chance of being sent off..which could have happened yesterday).
As for Willock..he looked more like his old self..surely good for us and him to have in the shop window and allows someone else a rest.
I’d start Lyndon..but keep Smyth and see how they gel.
Plus stop our keeper giving it back to them by finding touch!
Team for swansea on 12:09 - Sep 17 with 3248 viewssilverbirch

Team for swansea on 11:19 - Sep 17 by wortonr

I think Sinclair needs a rest and Willock needs a start. Sinclair is showing his inexperience, far too often offside ( interesting how he gets a free pass on here compared with others from the recent past). Will do better as an impact sub and less chance of being sent off..which could have happened yesterday).
As for Willock..he looked more like his old self..surely good for us and him to have in the shop window and allows someone else a rest.
I’d start Lyndon..but keep Smyth and see how they gel.
Plus stop our keeper giving it back to them by finding touch!

We all see things so differently. I thought Sinclair was really good yesterday. A real a handful and the quality of his first touch often surprised me.
I liked the way dozzell battled and chased all game - a huge improvement from him.
Would send the wrong message, as well as weaken us, if we dropped either of them.
Also thought Willock declined to challenge for a 50/50 which sums him up for me, currently. I’d leave him on the bench.
Team for swansea on 12:17 - Sep 17 with 3219 viewsWatford_Ranger

At home against a team not doing brilliantly I’d like to see a 5-3-2 with Chair behind Dykes and Armstrong. Dykes dropping in as required.

Expect he’ll bring Dykes in for Armstrong and Duke for Colback.
Login to get fewer ads

Team for swansea on 13:34 - Sep 17 with 3087 viewsAntti_Heinola

Team for swansea on 10:08 - Sep 17 by essextaxiboy

SDM is miles off it. Can come on and rat about for 15 mins, but he can't start a game unless it's an emergency.

Think Dykes will start for Armstrong, and I expect Willock to come in for Colback.

Again, loving the positivity before yesterday's games but 3 games without Colback and we're one CM injury away from being in deep trouble. Show's what we're up against.

Bare bones.

Team for swansea on 14:03 - Sep 17 with 3053 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We're going to need someone to sit beside Field if we keep the same formation. I'm guessing that will be Dozzell, with Willock or Dykes taking his place further forward.

Can't see any other changes, as lots of players were taken off fairly early.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Team for swansea on 14:29 - Sep 17 with 2988 viewsessextaxiboy

Team for swansea on 10:39 - Sep 17 by QPROslo

Really ? I saw him bring the ball out of our defence , we had them 3 on 2 Chair to the left Armstrong right . He just allowed himself to be run down and dispossessed. IMO he is a slow thinker and a slow mover . He gets my support at the game when he wears the shirt , but I dont think he deserves it .
Team for swansea on 14:49 - Sep 17 with 2953 viewsHayesender

I wonder if Richards fancies a game?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Team for swansea on 17:19 - Sep 17 with 2833 viewsManinBlack

I watched the Cardiff v Swansea game yesterday and that was the worst Swans team I have seen for many a year. They made Cardiff look good in the second half.

However, our disgraceful home record in 2023 has me doubtful that we can actually beat such a woeful team. Two games and two defeats and another game conceding three at home has this season continuing where we left off last, losing and not scoring down the Loft end.

I can't envisage Swansea being as awful as yesterday and they will be aware of our timid approach to home games. It is also a game set up for our charity status with Swansea still awaiting their first win of the season. We are generally very good at helping others in a time of need. I hope they prove me wrong but I have lost faith in us in home games in actually having any shots on target.
Team for swansea on 17:41 - Sep 17 with 2787 viewsLongsufferingR

Team for swansea on 14:49 - Sep 17 by Hayesender

Who?
Team for swansea on 17:42 - Sep 17 with 2785 viewsLongsufferingR

Team for swansea on 17:19 - Sep 17 by ManinBlack

I watched the Cardiff v Swansea game yesterday and that was the worst Swans team I have seen for many a year. They made Cardiff look good in the second half.

However, our disgraceful home record in 2023 has me doubtful that we can actually beat such a woeful team. Two games and two defeats and another game conceding three at home has this season continuing where we left off last, losing and not scoring down the Loft end.

I can't envisage Swansea being as awful as yesterday and they will be aware of our timid approach to home games. It is also a game set up for our charity status with Swansea still awaiting their first win of the season. We are generally very good at helping others in a time of need. I hope they prove me wrong but I have lost faith in us in home games in actually having any shots on target.

You're forgetting that they now have Jamal Lowe. You know what happens next.
Team for swansea on 17:45 - Sep 17 with 2777 viewsQPROslo

Team for swansea on 14:03 - Sep 17 by BrianMcCarthy

We're going to need someone to sit beside Field if we keep the same formation. I'm guessing that will be Dozzell, with Willock or Dykes taking his place further forward.

Thought Willock contributed a bit more than he has for a long while yesterday, but I wonder how fit he is? From the stream he seemed to keep stopping and rub his leg or hopefully was just adjusting his sock, it wasn't clear. While he did more going forward he didn't seem to track back much either. Those of you there no doubt saw it better, but if he's doing that as a latish sub, not sure he's fit enough to start Tuesday.
Team for swansea on 17:57 - Sep 17 with 2755 viewsRangersw12

Begovic

Paal
Cook
Fox
Kakay

Field
Dozzell
Chair

Armstrong
Dykes
Smyth

433 .

High press and be on the front foot from min 1
Team for swansea on 19:51 - Sep 17 with 2640 viewsderbyhoop

Team for swansea on 17:45 - Sep 17 by QPROslo

Thought Willock contributed a bit more than he has for a long while yesterday, but I wonder how fit he is? From the stream he seemed to keep stopping and rub his leg or hopefully was just adjusting his sock, it wasn't clear. While he did more going forward he didn't seem to track back much either. Those of you there no doubt saw it better, but if he's doing that as a latish sub, not sure he's fit enough to start Tuesday.

A few little cameos from Willock, but I ont think he's fit enough. Needs to up his work rate to earn a place.

I'd agree with Dykes for Armstrong, though. Sinclair showed his naivety. Silly booking and he seemed more interested in having a running fight with Ballard, than contributing to us going forward.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Team for swansea on 20:11 - Sep 17 with 2585 viewsE15Hoop

Team for swansea on 14:49 - Sep 17 by Hayesender

Judging by what Dobbo was saying on ther Open All R's podcast last week, Richards nneds to show that he fancies training a tad more intensely before we can talk about hime actually playing games.
Team for swansea on 22:27 - Sep 17 with 2440 viewsHeadington

Think he might go for same team and formation we had against Cardiff, with Dykes just behind Armstrong.
Team for swansea on 11:38 - Sep 18 with 2148 views89_50

I can't see us changing shape too much. Still expecting wing backs. Although given Swansea's equally sticky start, I think we may go two up top.

Something like:

Begovic

Paal
JCS
Cook
Kakay
Smyth

Field
Dozzell
Chair

Dykes
Armstrong
Team for swansea on 12:02 - Sep 18 with 2101 viewsdaveB

Team for swansea on 22:27 - Sep 17 by Headington

Think he might go for same team and formation we had against Cardiff, with Dykes just behind Armstrong.

Yeah i think the same, 3-5-2 with Dykes & Chair dropping into midfield without the ball
Team for swansea on 12:32 - Sep 18 with 2026 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Team for swansea on 14:03 - Sep 17 by BrianMcCarthy

This, for me, is key. Dozzell has benefitted from having Field and Colback in the DM roles. Does Gareth take a punt with one of the development players in order to keep Dozzell in his new role or does he push Dozzell back and bring in the likes of Willock? Or does he change formation and go with Dykes and Armstrong up top, per the Cardiff match?
Team for swansea on 12:37 - Sep 18 with 2015 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Team for swansea on 12:09 - Sep 17 by silverbirch

We all see things so differently. I thought Sinclair was really good yesterday. A real a handful and the quality of his first touch often surprised me.
I liked the way dozzell battled and chased all game - a huge improvement from him.
Would send the wrong message, as well as weaken us, if we dropped either of them.
Also thought Willock declined to challenge for a 50/50 which sums him up for me, currently. I’d leave him on the bench.

With 3 games in a week, the key message is squad management. Moreover, Colback's absence necessitates a change in personnel and, possibly, formation.
Team for swansea on 12:41 - Sep 18 with 1988 viewsCamberleyR

Team for swansea on 17:42 - Sep 17 by LongsufferingR

You're forgetting that they now have Jamal Lowe. You know what happens next.

Who no doubt the idiots in our support will boo which will fire him up and we all know what will happen...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024