Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth - the coach 05:49 - Apr 16 with 8464 viewsHammersmithR

He had the right attitude as a player. Always gave his all. Clearly did a fantastic job at Wycombe in his decade there. He would have been considered for many Championship jobs but in that decade no one came in for him. That’s pretty telling. I don’t know who else made the shortlist for our job but it must have been very bad if Ainsworth got the job. I know his hands have been tied on various aspects but my word his tactics and in game management is from a pre-historic era. We get over run in midfield virtually every game but we persist continually with a 2 man midfield. We play with 2 lumps up front. The team is static. No one shows for the football. We are opened up so easily. We play centre backs at right back. I could go on. This bloke is well out of his depth. I feel for him. I’ve met him many times and he’s a good guy. But my word his coaching / tactical ability is appalling. We can’t change it now. The board have a tough decision to make in the summer. So much has to change this summer in various aspects of the club. I am not confident he’s the right person if the inevitable happens and we drop to League 1. Who knows where the slide will go for our club? Absolutely grim times for our club. We have managed 4 points in the whole of 2023. So dejected with QPR these days. League 1 won’t be easy at all.
Ainsworth - the coach on 14:10 - Apr 18 with 714 viewsdaveB

Ainsworth - the coach on 11:21 - Apr 18 by PhilmyRs

True. But when he took the job and the way results have gone for him, we should not have been relegated. No matter what you think of the team, a better Manager would have kept them in the division and then the big rebuild could have taken place in the summer while still a championship club. Now, we're very likely to be in a much tougher division and facing a very uncertain future. Our only hope is that the teams around us seem very poor too so 4 points may even be enough.

Reading have to play Wigan at home so we need at least 4 points probably 6 imo
Ainsworth - the coach on 14:28 - Apr 18 with 628 viewsLoyalitat

Ainsworth - the coach on 14:10 - Apr 18 by daveB

Reading have to play Wigan at home so we need at least 4 points probably 6 imo

With Luton already qualified for the play-offs in my eyes, I can see them resting key players for their game against Reading tomorrow. Their failure to make the play-offs pre-supposes that either Coventry or Preston will win all their remaining games and better Luton's goal difference.

Therefore, I can see Reading winning tomorrow. Adebayor didn't play on Saturday and it would appear that Morris has a minor knock. Why risk either of them when they've earned the right, by dint of their own efforts, to rest key players before the play-offs start. Especially when their play-offs' challenge against Huddersfield was hampered last year by injuries to key players.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2023 15:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024