Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? 19:15 - Apr 7 with 20226 viewsHammersmithR

Why didn’t he come on the pitch with his team mates? Clearly didn’t fancy it.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 12:39 - Apr 12 with 4000 viewshubble

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 12:08 - Apr 12 by dmm

Where did the likes of Santadog go and why did he disappear?

Yeah, I wonder about that too Dave. I used to know him and Zeus fairly well.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 13:55 - Apr 12 with 3862 viewsR_from_afar

I keep reading about "the PE teachers".

Who are they, can someone name them, please?

That would be quite helpful because then, if and when they leave, we will be able to do a meaningful comparison of the PE teacher and post PE teacher eras. Many thanks.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 19:17 - Apr 12 with 3707 viewsEsox_Lucius

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 12:39 - Apr 12 by hubble

Yeah, I wonder about that too Dave. I used to know him and Zeus fairly well.

Santadog moved to Wales so doesn't get to so many games anymore. Zeus used to travel down with him but I haven't seen him much this season. Sales of fried chicken have dropped dramatically on matchdays too 😄
[Post edited 12 Apr 2023 20:22]

The grass is always greener.

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 08:25 - Apr 13 with 3449 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 09:10 - Apr 13 with 3413 viewsEsox_Lucius

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 08:25 - Apr 13 by Wegerles_Stairs

Hopefully looking for more investment into the club and perhaps a goodwill scouting trip into the Asian player market. I can't believe there are people who still think he sits around doing nothing and should be got rid of.

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 09:18 - Apr 13 with 3367 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 09:10 - Apr 13 by Esox_Lucius

Hopefully looking for more investment into the club and perhaps a goodwill scouting trip into the Asian player market. I can't believe there are people who still think he sits around doing nothing and should be got rid of.

I didn't realise Spurs trained in Hong Kong.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 10:09 - Apr 13 with 3365 viewsdaveB

these things are arranged months in advance, probably as part of a trip to meet the owners which usually happens around this time of year but les is evil etc and probably did it to annoy everyone
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 13:32 - Apr 13 with 3231 viewsEsox_Lucius

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 09:18 - Apr 13 by Wegerles_Stairs

I didn't realise Spurs trained in Hong Kong.

There's patently a lot you don't realise, including what other people do.

Login to get fewer ads

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 14:38 - Apr 13 with 3136 viewsNorthernr

As I've said, I think Les' position is probably untenable now after what's gone on here last couple of years.

However, apart from that, I do find it really sad the way we're sucking in, chewing up, and spitting out people who've done wonderful things for the club in the past. Ferdinand, Ian Holloway, potentially Gareth Ainsworth now (already twitter accounts CLOWN AINSWORTH GET OUT OF MY CLUB, Frank Gallagher comparisons etc). And nothing ever gets that much better for them coming and going, because they're not the problem, and yet their legacies will all carry the dents forever.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 15:23 - Apr 13 with 3026 viewsdaveB

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 09:42 - Apr 14 with 2815 viewsLoyalitat

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 13:55 - Apr 12 by R_from_afar

I keep reading about "the PE teachers".

Who are they, can someone name them, please?

That would be quite helpful because then, if and when they leave, we will be able to do a meaningful comparison of the PE teacher and post PE teacher eras. Many thanks.

Yes, please enlighten me too.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 11:16 - Apr 14 with 2658 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 09:42 - Apr 14 by Loyalitat

Yes, please enlighten me too.

Certainly. The 'PE teachers' (also known as 'Les's mates' or the 'super-coaches') are Chris Ramsey et al. I believe the etymology of the term refers to their inability to produce a conveyor belt of talent to be sold for profit to Premier League clubs. Therefore, their role at the club seems to be no more than running PE classes, which is certainly a meritorious activity, and therefore the term itself cannot be seen as pejorative.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 11:39 - Apr 14 with 2610 viewsdaveB

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 11:16 - Apr 14 by Wegerles_Stairs

Certainly. The 'PE teachers' (also known as 'Les's mates' or the 'super-coaches') are Chris Ramsey et al. I believe the etymology of the term refers to their inability to produce a conveyor belt of talent to be sold for profit to Premier League clubs. Therefore, their role at the club seems to be no more than running PE classes, which is certainly a meritorious activity, and therefore the term itself cannot be seen as pejorative.

So is it aimed at every coach who works in the academy, are the B team and under 23 coaches to blame as well? do they all need to go? Do we replace them with new coaches or just abandon the whole thing

I think it's a bit mad to expect QPR to produce a conveyor belt of talent to be sold to premier league clubs, especially when as cat 2 academy you are open to losing players as we have done before they have even left school

if you can get 1/2 from each age group into the first team squad you are doing very well.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 15:15 - Apr 14 with 2409 viewsderbyhoop

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 11:39 - Apr 14 by daveB

So is it aimed at every coach who works in the academy, are the B team and under 23 coaches to blame as well? do they all need to go? Do we replace them with new coaches or just abandon the whole thing

I think it's a bit mad to expect QPR to produce a conveyor belt of talent to be sold to premier league clubs, especially when as cat 2 academy you are open to losing players as we have done before they have even left school

if you can get 1/2 from each age group into the first team squad you are doing very well.

If you could get 1 per year into the first team squad that would be an achievement. And about on par with every other club!

It's not helped when , apparently, we have lost 13 players to other clubs, for a return of £570,000. Among them, Harvey Barnes, who's probably worth 8 figures, now.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 15:38 - Apr 14 with 2333 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 11:39 - Apr 14 by daveB

But that's the point. Les sold the owners an unrealistic vision of the club becoming fully sustainable in which players would be developed in the academy, creating a conveyor belt of talent that would then be sold regularly for vast profits. It was never going to happen!

Our model has to be a blend - developing young players, signing promising cast-offs, scouting the lower leagues and looking abroad to get value for money. All too often we've looked in the same places and too much has been invested in the 'super-coaches' turning base metal into gold.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 15:45 - Apr 14 with 2334 viewsRangersw12

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 15:38 - Apr 14 by Wegerles_Stairs

But that's the point. Les sold the owners an unrealistic vision of the club becoming fully sustainable in which players would be developed in the academy, creating a conveyor belt of talent that would then be sold regularly for vast profits. It was never going to happen!

Our model has to be a blend - developing young players, signing promising cast-offs, scouting the lower leagues and looking abroad to get value for money. All too often we've looked in the same places and too much has been invested in the 'super-coaches' turning base metal into gold.

Our model has been buy low sell high with moderate success over the last few years

Don't remember Les promising those players would be coming from the academy though

His position is untenable but nothing will really change when he goes
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 17:55 - Apr 14 with 2227 viewsdaveB

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 15:38 - Apr 14 by Wegerles_Stairs

I'm not sure they ever said that was likely to happen.

Les spoke a lot when he came in about having a pathway to the first team and allowing players to come through academy and to do that we needed to improve the players coming into the academy and the coaches working here.

He also said that we need to pick up players from other academies or lower league and sell on for profit as they have done with a few but not enough really.

No one has ever talked about the coaches being super and bringing through a conveyer belt of players, that's never been what Ferdinand promised to do. The model you are talking about wanting is exactly what they have tried to do they just haven't done it that well
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 06:51 - Apr 15 with 2025 viewsQPROslo

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 17:55 - Apr 14 by daveB

I'm not sure they ever said that was likely to happen.

Les spoke a lot when he came in about having a pathway to the first team and allowing players to come through academy and to do that we needed to improve the players coming into the academy and the coaches working here.

He also said that we need to pick up players from other academies or lower league and sell on for profit as they have done with a few but not enough really.

No one has ever talked about the coaches being super and bringing through a conveyer belt of players, that's never been what Ferdinand promised to do. The model you are talking about wanting is exactly what they have tried to do they just haven't done it that well

Down vote was meant to be a up vote Dave.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 08:21 - Apr 15 with 1960 viewsozranger

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 08:25 - Apr 13 by Wegerles_Stairs

I clicked on the link and saw the cost. In GBP it equates to £1300 plus minimum for tickets!! Are they really that rich in HK?
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 10:27 - Apr 15 with 1843 viewsDejR_vu

If he’s out there on club business and is doing this for free, given it’s a charitable event, then fair enough. If he’s charging a fee and it’s going to the club, fair enough. If he’s pocketing a fee whilst there on club business, or he’s going out just for that, that would be poor, especially given the JFH situation that lead to him being shown the door.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 10:30 - Apr 15 with 1834 viewsEsox_Lucius

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 10:27 - Apr 15 by DejR_vu

If he’s out there on club business and is doing this for free, given it’s a charitable event, then fair enough. If he’s charging a fee and it’s going to the club, fair enough. If he’s pocketing a fee whilst there on club business, or he’s going out just for that, that would be poor, especially given the JFH situation that lead to him being shown the door.

if he is using this opportunity to get a free flight and accommodation to scout out the local talent and see if he can can some sponsorship/ investment then we should eternally grateful that we have a DoF that cares about the club and has it's best interests at heart.

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 10:40 - Apr 15 with 1818 viewsDejR_vu

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 10:30 - Apr 15 by Esox_Lucius

if he is using this opportunity to get a free flight and accommodation to scout out the local talent and see if he can can some sponsorship/ investment then we should eternally grateful that we have a DoF that cares about the club and has it's best interests at heart.

Well, I look forward to seeing all the superstars that he scouts leading us to promotion next year.

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 10:43 - Apr 15 with 1817 viewsDejR_vu

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 09:44 - Apr 12 by Esox_Lucius

Santadog once said to me that you should start from a baseline of most QPR fans are cünts and then allow yourself to be pleasantly surprised when they aren't. He wasn't far wrong.

This is a pretty heinous position to take. For someone who down-votes the most innocuous of posts, it demonstrates a spectacular lack of self-awareness.

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 14:07 - Apr 15 with 1731 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 10:43 - Apr 15 by DejR_vu

This is a pretty heinous position to take. For someone who down-votes the most innocuous of posts, it demonstrates a spectacular lack of self-awareness.

Esox is the QPR Taliban, monitoring forums and social media for any trace of dissent to his medieval views.
Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 19:30 - Apr 15 with 1632 viewsNortholt_Rs

Where was Les Ferdinand at half time for the 30th anniversary? on 10:27 - Apr 15 by DejR_vu

Judging by the photo if LF is doing that event for a club it just be for Newcastle….it’s most definitely of no benefit to QPR. Why isn’t he here trying to keep the club in the Championship with 4 games to go? What other club would allow this BS? Grifter has to go.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024