Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford match thread 01:55 - Aug 27 with 48533 viewsDubaiR

Dislike Watford and would love us to get something but just can’t see it.

Dieng

Kakay
Dickie
Dunne

Laird
Field
Paal

Willock
Roberts
Chair

Dykes

Laird and Paal as wingbacks, Kakay in a back three and field as the holder.

2-1 to them
Watford match thread on 19:40 - Aug 27 with 3286 viewsterryb

Watford match thread on 19:37 - Aug 27 by kensalriser

He was off but I don't think he touched the ball.

He didn't need to. He challenged for the ball & that may affect the clearance.
It might not have done of course!

By competeing he made himself active.
Watford match thread on 19:50 - Aug 27 with 3208 viewseastside_r

Watford match thread on 18:04 - Aug 27 by MrSheen

Well said on Dozzell. He seems to be the acceptable scapegoat here, with even fair-minded and knowledgeable people going along with the consensus of him as an imposter and a parasite. Don’t see him that way at all.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 18:05]

I’ve been a critic of his but he was very good today.
Watford match thread on 20:01 - Aug 27 with 3117 viewskensalriser

Watford match thread on 19:40 - Aug 27 by terryb

He didn't need to. He challenged for the ball & that may affect the clearance.
It might not have done of course!

By competeing he made himself active.

Yes, appreciated, I was just pointing that out for comedy!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Watford match thread on 20:08 - Aug 27 with 3061 viewsHarbour

Watford match thread on 11:40 - Aug 27 by Harbour

1-0 Watford …Stroud effect….1-1 no Stroud effect…I am in block next to the away end so hoping for the best…

What a cracking game the rangers fans absolutely awesome I was sat next to them in the away end what a weird experience as surrounded by Watford so sat on my hands until the end.. fantastic win brilliant goal by Albert much harder than it looked ..willock and chair great today a great day. …urss
Watford match thread on 20:44 - Aug 27 with 2938 viewskarlski

Effort, fight, and quality all on display. Most pleasing aspect for me was that goals 2 and 3 came from excellent team moves involving both fullbacks (with well-timed passes from Ilias), plus plenty of other nice attacking combinations. Happy for Dozzell. He can grow into a real player if he keeps working hard, adds a little more strength and athleticism, and realises he can impact the game.
Watford match thread on 21:15 - Aug 27 with 2841 viewsSpanishranger

Watford match thread on 20:08 - Aug 27 by Harbour

What a cracking game the rangers fans absolutely awesome I was sat next to them in the away end what a weird experience as surrounded by Watford so sat on my hands until the end.. fantastic win brilliant goal by Albert much harder than it looked ..willock and chair great today a great day. …urss

Likewise sat in family stand so had to keep my head down until the end. Our fans were brilliant from start to finish and the 2 season ticket holders I was sat next to said the best they had heard for a long while. Also directly in line with Albert’s goal and their shot that hit the cross bar when Seny was out of position
Just a mention for the Watford bar under their family stand - 2 pints of Camden Hells and a steak pie for £13.00. Subsidised for season ticket holders. We should do something similar.
Great day all round. URs
Watford match thread on 21:36 - Aug 27 with 2764 viewsaston_hoop

I thought Ilias Chair was really top draw today, I'm certainly guilty of taking him for granted sometimes and perhaps expecting more from him that I do of others. But he was excellent. Also feels like someone stuck a rocket up the arse of a couple of our players, Johansen and Dozzell especially. Probably Dozzell's best performance for the club. Great game.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Watford match thread on 21:43 - Aug 27 with 2703 viewsRangersw12

On the train home from what I thought was a fantastic performance

Dozzell best game he's played for us but Chair and Willock best players on the pitch

Haven't read the match thread but was their first handball and second a foul on Dickie?
Login to get fewer ads

Watford match thread on 21:47 - Aug 27 with 2683 viewsnix

Watford match thread on 21:36 - Aug 27 by aston_hoop

I thought Ilias Chair was really top draw today, I'm certainly guilty of taking him for granted sometimes and perhaps expecting more from him that I do of others. But he was excellent. Also feels like someone stuck a rocket up the arse of a couple of our players, Johansen and Dozzell especially. Probably Dozzell's best performance for the club. Great game.

Agree with all of that. Dozzell has improved greatly since the first few matches. I think he's been told to be more dynamic and move the ball forward and get involved with more duels. He started this when he came on against Rotherham but was even better today. Stef's best game for ages too.

Chair looks over the moon to have some support and great to see him, Willock, Paal and Laird all coordinating. Lovely pull back from Baird for the second goal, I do think it's a good idea to sometimes pull it back rather than always put it across the box.

Dykes worked really hard off the ball, as did Armstrong when he came on. And Uncs showed us the benefit of sometimes having some wise old heads to come on.
Watford match thread on 21:53 - Aug 27 with 2642 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Watford match thread on 21:43 - Aug 27 by Rangersw12

Dozzell best game he's played for us but Chair and Willock best players on the pitch

Haven't read the match thread but was their first handball and second a foul on Dickie?

We were very much split on both, I think, W12.

Not many differing angles today. Look forward to the Alternative Angle feature on this one. For now, I haven't seen a handball on the first or a foul on the second but that doesn't mean they didn't happen.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Watford match thread on 22:06 - Aug 27 with 2550 viewspaulparker

Watford match thread on 21:43 - Aug 27 by Rangersw12

Sorry but that wasn’t a foul for their second
Dickie got caught plain and simple dawdling

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Watford match thread on 22:09 - Aug 27 with 2542 viewskarlski

Couldn't tell handball for the first, for the second I think the Watford player's knee goes into the back of Dickie's calf or right behind the knee, judging by the way his leg buckled. But can't say for sure, and a difficult one to spot for officials. We got into a real muddle defensively on that one, should have cleared it, poor communication between Seny and Dickie. On the other hand if there's no foul (assuming it was one!) Dickie strides away calmly and probably keeps possession, and we're purring about a nice piece of level-headed defending. Fine margins...
Watford match thread on 04:33 - Aug 28 with 2196 viewsstainrods_elbow

Watford match thread on 19:12 - Aug 27 by benhurst

Thought we were excellent today, and deserved winners. If that challenge at the end was a penalty then I think their second gets disallowed as a foul as well, both were fouls-ish but not clear cut.

Chair, Willock, and Dozzell (massive performance from him, definitely his best of the season - don't think I'd seen him win one physical duel before today and he won 4 or 5 today) were all outstanding. Both full-backs, Field+Johansen (I liked the more attacking Field but we looked better with them swapped back to their usual roles), and Dykes were all very good. Dickie and Dunne a little shaky (Dickie moreso, especially for the two goals) but fortunately that's gone unpunished

Agree with that, but Laird was far too easily out-muscled for their first, worryingly. Definitely work to be done on our defensive resilience, though we got away with it today through our qualities in other departments.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Watford match thread on 07:41 - Aug 28 with 2104 viewsdavman

Watford match thread on 19:12 - Aug 27 by benhurst

Thought we were excellent today, and deserved winners. If that challenge at the end was a penalty then I think their second gets disallowed as a foul as well, both were fouls-ish but not clear cut.

Chair, Willock, and Dozzell (massive performance from him, definitely his best of the season - don't think I'd seen him win one physical duel before today and he won 4 or 5 today) were all outstanding. Both full-backs, Field+Johansen (I liked the more attacking Field but we looked better with them swapped back to their usual roles), and Dykes were all very good. Dickie and Dunne a little shaky (Dickie moreso, especially for the two goals) but fortunately that's gone unpunished

Good point on Field and Johansen. I think you are right in that JoJo was more advanced and we looked far better for it.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Watford match thread on 09:56 - Aug 28 with 1915 viewsMichael_Hunt

Watford match thread on 21:53 - Aug 27 by BrianMcCarthy

We were very much split on both, I think, W12.

Not many differing angles today. Look forward to the Alternative Angle feature on this one. For now, I haven't seen a handball on the first or a foul on the second but that doesn't mean they didn't happen.

I was directly behind the goal (as near as you can be to the divide) and my original view was that the Watford player definitely played the ball forward with his hand. Unfortunately the replay is from the blind side where you can’t see this . Hey Ho we still won and IMHO there wasn’t one of the starting eleven who let the side down today.
Watford match thread on 10:12 - Aug 28 with 1847 viewsStanFan

Watford match thread on 09:56 - Aug 28 by Michael_Hunt

I was directly behind the goal (as near as you can be to the divide) and my original view was that the Watford player definitely played the ball forward with his hand. Unfortunately the replay is from the blind side where you can’t see this . Hey Ho we still won and IMHO there wasn’t one of the starting eleven who let the side down today.

I was behind the goal in the home end. Watford's 2nd didn't look like a foul then and it doesn't on the highlights. Dickie messed up. Inconclusive on the highlights about the handball on Watford's 1st so we can't really expect the ref to give it.

But let's focus on our brilliant play. 2 fantastic goals and even Chair's big deflection was set up by some nice interplay. After all the doom and gloom in the week, this is a brilliant and unexpected boost. Well played the whole team and the management.
Watford match thread on 10:17 - Aug 28 with 1811 viewseastside_r

Watford match thread on 10:12 - Aug 28 by StanFan

I was behind the goal in the home end. Watford's 2nd didn't look like a foul then and it doesn't on the highlights. Dickie messed up. Inconclusive on the highlights about the handball on Watford's 1st so we can't really expect the ref to give it.

But let's focus on our brilliant play. 2 fantastic goals and even Chair's big deflection was set up by some nice interplay. After all the doom and gloom in the week, this is a brilliant and unexpected boost. Well played the whole team and the management.

Agree. From the away end it looked a foul on Dickie but later on the TV highlights it looked like he just lost his balance. The usual maxim applies, if that had been disallowed for us………….

The first was definitely hand ball though.

The lino on our side was shocking, especially first half.
Watford match thread on 12:00 - Aug 28 with 1579 viewsDavieQPR

Everyone take a pat on the back. Nix made a slight typo but everyone knew what he meant and carried on. A few of our fellow sites would have swooped on that like hawks.
Watford match thread on 12:41 - Aug 28 with 1478 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Watford match thread on 12:00 - Aug 28 by DavieQPR

Everyone take a pat on the back. Nix made a slight typo but everyone knew what he meant and carried on. A few of our fellow sites would have swooped on that like hawks.

You made a slight typo yourself there DavieQPR because that excellent poster/ person Nix is a she not a he but I am not swooping like a hawk haha
Watford match thread on 12:55 - Aug 28 with 1438 viewsNorthernr

God I’m horny today.
Watford match thread on 14:51 - Aug 28 with 1298 viewsRangersw12

Watford match thread on 22:06 - Aug 27 by paulparker

Sorry but that wasn’t a foul for their second
Dickie got caught plain and simple dawdling

Having seen the replay have to agree

He should of just put his foot through it and cleared it
Watford match thread on 15:11 - Aug 28 with 1220 viewsbenhurst

Watford match thread on 07:41 - Aug 28 by davman

Good point on Field and Johansen. I think you are right in that JoJo was more advanced and we looked far better for it.

I do still like the idea of Field playing further forward and I think he's been great this season but Stef benefitted hugely from the swap, so I'd expect to see that change sticking if they both play on Tuesday
Watford match thread on 15:15 - Aug 28 with 1213 viewsdavman

Watford match thread on 15:11 - Aug 28 by benhurst

I do still like the idea of Field playing further forward and I think he's been great this season but Stef benefitted hugely from the swap, so I'd expect to see that change sticking if they both play on Tuesday

I'm not sure that I do. Field is a fantastic Defensive Midfielder and may come good to be an all rounder, but right now, our best players in their best position for me. It is why I am slightly puzzled and perturbed by Beale reverting Masterson to a defensive midifielder.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Watford match thread on 15:26 - Aug 28 with 1173 viewsderbyhoop

For me it was a fantastic team effort. At HT I was worried we couldn't keep up the high press that knocked Watford off their stride. But they kept it going.
All those involved played well, with Chair the outstanding contributor.

Unexpected result, validation of Beale's methods and, hopefully, a kick start to the next 40 games.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Watford match thread on 15:28 - Aug 28 with 1164 viewsbenhurst

Watford match thread on 15:15 - Aug 28 by davman

I'm not sure that I do. Field is a fantastic Defensive Midfielder and may come good to be an all rounder, but right now, our best players in their best position for me. It is why I am slightly puzzled and perturbed by Beale reverting Masterson to a defensive midifielder.

That's fair - what I like about him being further forwards is he's our best ball-winner and if he can win it back further up the pitch it puts us in better positions to counter-attack, definitely a bit riskier though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024