Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cousins 18:09 - Dec 29 with 7469 viewsridethewave

If Cousins is a decent footballer I’m the pope. He lacks any presence whatsoever. I’ve cut him a lot of slack for being injured and not given a chance, but that performance just tops it for me. He doesn’t even look like he has a footballing brain in his head.
Cousins on 21:28 - Dec 29 with 1437 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Cousins on 19:04 - Dec 29 by Hunterhoop

Oh come on, mate. Cousins was dreadful today. Call a spade a spade and all that.

But no thread on how well he played at Forest?
Or did I miss that?
Cousins on 21:35 - Dec 29 with 1408 viewsHunterhoop

Cousins on 21:28 - Dec 29 by CroydonCaptJack

But no thread on how well he played at Forest?
Or did I miss that?

Was he markedly better there than his colleagues? Or just his prior performances? Here he was markedly worse than both.

Also, I wasn’t at Forest so i couldn’t really comment on his performance there. Was there today, as I have an ST, so can comment.
Cousins on 21:44 - Dec 29 with 1387 viewsCroydonCaptJack

It's not really scapegoat nonsense though is it?
He is the new Karl Henry.
Cousins on 21:59 - Dec 29 with 1350 viewsHunterhoop

Cousins on 21:44 - Dec 29 by CroydonCaptJack

It's not really scapegoat nonsense though is it?
He is the new Karl Henry.

Well, it is.

He doesn’t get a thread every week. Far from it.

He’s been praised, most recently for his Forest performance. He’s been at the club for over 3 years and never been given anywhere near the level of criticism and hostility Henry received. Henry got booed by his own fans FFS! To say he’s the new Karl Henry is ridiculous. Henry was much better and received completely unreasonable criticism on a weekly basis regardless of how he played.

This is just some justified criticism of one awful performance. Get a grip. People are allowed to say he badly very badly.

Here’s hoping he improves considerably for Villa and Jan. We need him to.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 22:03]
Cousins on 22:24 - Dec 29 with 1322 viewsLazyFan

Cousins on 21:59 - Dec 29 by Hunterhoop

Well, it is.

He’s been praised, most recently for his Forest performance. He’s been at the club for over 3 years and never been given anywhere near the level of criticism and hostility Henry received. Henry got booed by his own fans FFS! To say he’s the new Karl Henry is ridiculous. Henry was much better and received completely unreasonable criticism on a weekly basis regardless of how he played.

This is just some justified criticism of one awful performance. Get a grip. People are allowed to say he badly very badly.

Henry was and is kak!

Previous managers played him when they should not have.

Even Ollie sussed him out as soon as he came in and Ollie played that position as well so, he should know! Bolton released him after just one season. He now cannot get in the Bradford team, true he is 36. As Ollie said though, he should retire.

Our Goblin Boy as an example is x10 the player Henry ever was and he cost nothing. Henry cost us a cool £1m or so we are led to believe. Freeman only cost £300K. Even Sean Goss is better than Henry ever will be. The only god thing about Henry was that Barton hates him, but then who doesn't Barton hate?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Cousins on 22:42 - Dec 29 with 1288 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Cousins on 21:59 - Dec 29 by Hunterhoop

Well, it is.

You can say what you want mate.
In the same way I can observe he seems to be the new scapegoat.
It works both ways surely.
Cousins on 22:44 - Dec 29 with 1285 viewsmcqpr10

Cousins is a great athlete. A good pro. But my lord he should never play centre midfield. He has neither the first touch or the confidence for it. He should just convert to a right back. In centre mid I wouldn’t renew his contract. Some of the players looked like they didn’t trust him with the ball.
Cousins on 22:57 - Dec 29 with 1257 viewsWadR

Cousins on 22:24 - Dec 29 by LazyFan

Henry was and is kak!

Previous managers played him when they should not have.

Even Ollie sussed him out as soon as he came in and Ollie played that position as well so, he should know! Bolton released him after just one season. He now cannot get in the Bradford team, true he is 36. As Ollie said though, he should retire.

Our Goblin Boy as an example is x10 the player Henry ever was and he cost nothing. Henry cost us a cool £1m or so we are led to believe. Freeman only cost £300K. Even Sean Goss is better than Henry ever will be. The only god thing about Henry was that Barton hates him, but then who doesn't Barton hate?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Henry was a good player, unfairly scapegoated (as Hunter said). Played a part in our playoff promotion year, was one of our better players in the prem and good in our first season down in the Champo. Shouldn't have been given an extra year but even after that, was superb in that 3-0 v Leeds and was good enough to help keep a shi_t Bolton up last season at 35. Think his leaving them had to do with unpaid bonuses more than ability.

Cousins works hard and has all the physical attributes but think he lacks some football intelligence. If we are comparing the two, Henry was significantly more composed on the ball than Cousins and considerably more positionally aware out of possession.

It's already been mentioned in this thread, but the sliced clearance at the end almost cost us a point and was just one of many examples of rash/thoughtless actions. Multiple times he lost the ball under the slightest pressure when receiving the ball on the half turn or facing his own goal, the composure to deal with this scenario should be a prerequisite of being a CM at this level imo.

That all said, he's had a horrible 2.5 years here and even since being fit again, the most league games he has played in a row this season is 3. He's shown enough against Boro and Forest recently to have earned a run of games at CM (not that we have many alternatives atm) and there are the signs of a decent player in there that hopefully the confidence of a run of games can unlock.
Login to get fewer ads

Cousins on 23:19 - Dec 29 with 1222 viewsHunterhoop

Cousins on 22:42 - Dec 29 by CroydonCaptJack

But he doesn’t “seem to be the new scapegoat”. You think he is; that’s an opinion.

You think he’s being made a scapegoat. I don’t. I explained exactly why I don’t think he is and why it bears no resemblance to the treatment of Karl Henry. You just restate your opinion (to which you’re entitled) with no reasoning or evidence (which undermines your opinion). But, you’re right; it’s a game of opinions and you’re entitled to it. And i’m entitled to disagree.
Cousins on 23:31 - Dec 29 with 1195 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Cousins on 23:19 - Dec 29 by Hunterhoop

But he doesn’t “seem to be the new scapegoat”. You think he is; that’s an opinion.

You think he’s being made a scapegoat. I don’t. I explained exactly why I don’t think he is and why it bears no resemblance to the treatment of Karl Henry. You just restate your opinion (to which you’re entitled) with no reasoning or evidence (which undermines your opinion). But, you’re right; it’s a game of opinions and you’re entitled to it. And i’m entitled to disagree.

We will agree to disagree then.
I pick up from my journeys to and from the games and this and other forums that he is becoming the new scapegoat.
I have no other evidence to give your honour so you can consider my opinion undermined.
You really shouldn't take it so personally. It's just a difference of opinions.
Cousins on 23:41 - Dec 29 with 1171 viewsParkRoyalR

Cousins on 23:31 - Dec 29 by CroydonCaptJack

We will agree to disagree then.
I pick up from my journeys to and from the games and this and other forums that he is becoming the new scapegoat.
I have no other evidence to give your honour so you can consider my opinion undermined.
You really shouldn't take it so personally. It's just a difference of opinions.

I think we can all agree he was considerably better than Wzolek today who put in one of his North of Watford Invisible Man cameo's!
Cousins on 23:44 - Dec 29 with 1165 viewsMrSheen

Cousins on 22:57 - Dec 29 by WadR

Henry was a good player, unfairly scapegoated (as Hunter said). Played a part in our playoff promotion year, was one of our better players in the prem and good in our first season down in the Champo. Shouldn't have been given an extra year but even after that, was superb in that 3-0 v Leeds and was good enough to help keep a shi_t Bolton up last season at 35. Think his leaving them had to do with unpaid bonuses more than ability.

Cousins works hard and has all the physical attributes but think he lacks some football intelligence. If we are comparing the two, Henry was significantly more composed on the ball than Cousins and considerably more positionally aware out of possession.

It's already been mentioned in this thread, but the sliced clearance at the end almost cost us a point and was just one of many examples of rash/thoughtless actions. Multiple times he lost the ball under the slightest pressure when receiving the ball on the half turn or facing his own goal, the composure to deal with this scenario should be a prerequisite of being a CM at this level imo.

That all said, he's had a horrible 2.5 years here and even since being fit again, the most league games he has played in a row this season is 3. He's shown enough against Boro and Forest recently to have earned a run of games at CM (not that we have many alternatives atm) and there are the signs of a decent player in there that hopefully the confidence of a run of games can unlock.

Lovely finish by Karl in episode 3 of Sunderland Til I Die.
Cousins on 00:36 - Dec 30 with 1114 viewsHunterhoop

Cousins on 23:41 - Dec 29 by ParkRoyalR

I think we can all agree he was considerably better than Wzolek today who put in one of his North of Watford Invisible Man cameo's!

Really?! Wow. Watching a different game.
Cousins on 01:57 - Dec 30 with 1075 viewsWestbourneR

Cousins on 20:31 - Dec 29 by DejR_vu

He’s barely played for three years. He certainly hasn’t had a run of games. He looked rusty but I don’t think you can really judge him until he’s had a run of 15-20 games.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 20:37]

The Conor Washington argument. You’re just plain wrong - he doesn’t have the technical skills to play centre mid at this level. Can’t trap a ball, can’t pass.

You don’t need 20 games in a row show you’re any good - your eyes can tell you if a player is good after two games

After we got spanked 6—1 by Newcastle I could see Cousins was way out of his depth. No close control of football brain.

I can see why Ollie tried him at Wing back, he needs to be far away from congested areas of the pitch

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Cousins on 02:02 - Dec 30 with 1073 viewsWestbourneR

Cousins on 22:42 - Dec 29 by CroydonCaptJack

The difference is Hunter is using facts to back up his argument

Croydon Jack is just saying ‘I say so, so there’

Not really the same thing. One makes sense.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2018 2:14]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Cousins on 02:16 - Dec 30 with 1068 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I liked Cousins. Thought it was cruel that he had to move to RB Vs Boro. I like his attitude, his energy, his willingness.

But my god was he bad today. And none of this scapegoat stuff. He was genuinely awful and deserves to be criticised. He was weak, his passing was off, could have cost us a point with his pathetic attempt at a pass in the last minute, and doesn't really have the excuse that he was tired because he hasn't played.

I like Cousins, but for me today just showed we either need Manning or need a CM replacement because that was woeful

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Cousins on 04:34 - Dec 30 with 1026 viewstimcocking

It's always been difficult for Jordan, nothing has gone right for him yet. Seems a nice enough bloke and an excellent athlete, always does his best, so i'm loathe to say much. He doesn't look great, though. He'd be a good defensive midfielder in the league below with Conor Washington, but seems perhaps a little limited at Championship level. Him and Scowen together is too negative and not the right answer imo.

We have so many more skilful players in our squad.
Cousins on 09:13 - Dec 30 with 953 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Cousins on 02:02 - Dec 30 by WestbourneR

The difference is Hunter is using facts to back up his argument

Croydon Jack is just saying ‘I say so, so there’

Not really the same thing. One makes sense.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2018 2:14]

Where have I said 'so there' (from a poster that posted 'you're just plain wrong' that's slightly ironic don't you think?)
All I have said is I believe he is becoming or has become the new scapegoat. I don't need to back that up with facts as it is just an observation on what I have heard people saying. I'm not directing it specifically at Hunter (although he seems to think I am)
This is a forum not a court of law Ffs.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2018 9:26]
Cousins on 09:17 - Dec 30 with 940 viewsdavman

Cousins on 04:34 - Dec 30 by timcocking

It's always been difficult for Jordan, nothing has gone right for him yet. Seems a nice enough bloke and an excellent athlete, always does his best, so i'm loathe to say much. He doesn't look great, though. He'd be a good defensive midfielder in the league below with Conor Washington, but seems perhaps a little limited at Championship level. Him and Scowen together is too negative and not the right answer imo.

We have so many more skilful players in our squad.

... But of those 'better' players, who else is fit and can play centre mid as one of the two?

He was poor yesterday, but get used to him being in the team for the next month or so...

Let's hope he improves.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Cousins on 09:17 - Dec 30 with 940 viewsDejR_vu

Cousins on 01:57 - Dec 30 by WestbourneR

The Conor Washington argument. You’re just plain wrong - he doesn’t have the technical skills to play centre mid at this level. Can’t trap a ball, can’t pass.

You don’t need 20 games in a row show you’re any good - your eyes can tell you if a player is good after two games

After we got spanked 6—1 by Newcastle I could see Cousins was way out of his depth. No close control of football brain.

I can see why Ollie tried him at Wing back, he needs to be far away from congested areas of the pitch

Connor Washington never had the injury problems Cousins has had. He’s been decent for the last few games and had a stinker yesterday. I’m just saying some inconsistency is to be expected when he’s has the problems he’s had.

He’s got a fair few England caps at youth level so there’s a good chance there’s a player in there somewhere. Maybe he just hasn’t kicked on, or maybe he’s just suffering the effects of the injury lay offs. Players often come back from injury, play well on the adrenaline then have a dip whilst getting back to match fitness.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Cousins on 09:28 - Dec 30 with 909 viewsoldmisery

Cousins on 09:17 - Dec 30 by davman

... But of those 'better' players, who else is fit and can play centre mid as one of the two?

He was poor yesterday, but get used to him being in the team for the next month or so...

Let's hope he improves.

Hall has been on the bench for seven of the last ten games, he even came on as a late substitute on two occasions, if he isn't ready to start a game now - does anyone think he ever will be?
Cousins on 09:46 - Dec 30 with 883 viewsPinnerPaul

He got much better after he and Scowen sorted themselves out.

Lovely thread with lots of negative comments, which as its a forum is fine I guess, funny how there wasn't one praising him after he was excellent v Boro and Forest though
Cousins on 09:47 - Dec 30 with 880 viewseastside_r

I want to like Jordan, I really do.

But anyone who thinks he did not have a shocker yesterday was watching a different game to me.

He looks like a natural athlete and I am sure that this impresses in training but I don’t think I have ever seen him influence a game like, for instance Mass Luongo does and Ale Faurlin did in the past.

I suspect his only long-term future here is a bench-warming all-rounder who can come on and fill various positions adequately when the prime position holder is injured in-game. If he wants anything more than this, I think he needs to move elsewhere.

I can’t get it out of my head that he was signed on the strength of a single good (-ish) performance against us for Charlton although I could be wrong.
Cousins on 09:55 - Dec 30 with 868 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Cousins on 09:47 - Dec 30 by eastside_r

I want to like Jordan, I really do.

But anyone who thinks he did not have a shocker yesterday was watching a different game to me.

He looks like a natural athlete and I am sure that this impresses in training but I don’t think I have ever seen him influence a game like, for instance Mass Luongo does and Ale Faurlin did in the past.

I suspect his only long-term future here is a bench-warming all-rounder who can come on and fill various positions adequately when the prime position holder is injured in-game. If he wants anything more than this, I think he needs to move elsewhere.

I can’t get it out of my head that he was signed on the strength of a single good (-ish) performance against us for Charlton although I could be wrong.

I believe he won Charlton's player of the season at least once so hopefully it was based on more than just the game against us.
Cousins on 09:57 - Dec 30 with 868 viewsdavman

Cousins on 09:28 - Dec 30 by oldmisery

Hall has been on the bench for seven of the last ten games, he even came on as a late substitute on two occasions, if he isn't ready to start a game now - does anyone think he ever will be?

Nope and I have made that pretty clear on here.

Such a shame as he had potential to be a fantastic player. Not gonna happen at QPR now though sadly...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024