Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tributes paid to Ray Wilkins — Column 19:45 - Apr 4 with 4620 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/47852/tributes-pai
Tributes paid to Ray Wilkins — Column on 20:23 - Apr 4 with 4515 viewsbosh67

Beautifully put Clive.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Tributes paid to Ray Wilkins — Column on 21:22 - Apr 4 with 4395 viewsnix

What lovely words about a club legend. Thanks Clive and all those who contributed.
Tributes paid to Ray Wilkins — Column on 21:30 - Apr 4 with 4377 viewslondonscottish

Holloway said: “He was the best team mate I’ve ever had. He made me believe in myself and made me believe I was good enough to be there".

Nice words.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Tributes paid to Ray Wilkins — Column on 22:03 - Apr 4 with 4309 viewshopphoops

Thanks Clive, as always.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Tributes paid to Ray Wilkins — Column on 22:54 - Apr 4 with 4199 viewsCheshireR

What a sad day to lose such a great former player and such a nice man. His mentoring skills have left a true footballing legacy. RIP to a wonderful gentleman.
Tributes paid to Ray Wilkins — Column on 23:21 - Apr 4 with 4165 viewsqprant

Had shivers reading that, thank you.
Always loved watching Super Ray, true gent and super footballer, calm and could listen to him all day. Had the biggest thighs of any footballer!
Very very sad news today, had tears in my eyes.
Sympathies to his family and friends.
RIP Ray & thank you for the memories.
Tributes paid to Ray Wilkins — Column on 05:24 - Apr 5 with 3993 viewseastside_r

That goal that Ray scored against Liverpool was something else. I have never seen a shot so hard. He was known for his subtlety but subtle that wasn't. He didn't score that many goals for us because he preferred setting them up. Ask Les.
Tributes paid to Ray Wilkins — Column on 08:34 - Apr 5 with 3864 viewshopphoops

Nice tribute from Milan. They called him il rasoio - the razor - for his ability to slice open a defence.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Login to get fewer ads

Tributes paid to Ray Wilkins — Column on 10:51 - Apr 5 with 3717 viewsSuperhoop83

Tributes paid to Ray Wilkins — Column on 05:24 - Apr 5 by eastside_r

That goal that Ray scored against Liverpool was something else. I have never seen a shot so hard. He was known for his subtlety but subtle that wasn't. He didn't score that many goals for us because he preferred setting them up. Ask Les.

I'm not religious but I've seen two QPR goals that made me look up to the sky and say thank you. Ray's goal against Liverpool was one of them - the other was Sir Les's ludicrously violent goal against Man United.

Ray's goal wins it though as it was into the Loft End and against the Scousers.

Great tribute to a great man.

Suffering since 1978.

Tributes paid to Ray Wilkins — Column on 12:27 - Apr 5 with 3612 viewsdaveB

one thing I hope this teaches us is to respect and love our heroes whilst they are still here. It's common these days to insult, mock and disrespect footballers and anyone in the public eye but the likes of Wilkins and to a lesser extent Alan Mcdonald got nothing like the love and respect from fans in the last few years of their lives as has been shown to them after they died
Tributes paid to Ray Wilkins — Column on 13:01 - Apr 5 with 3550 viewspaulparker

Tributes paid to Ray Wilkins — Column on 12:27 - Apr 5 by daveB

one thing I hope this teaches us is to respect and love our heroes whilst they are still here. It's common these days to insult, mock and disrespect footballers and anyone in the public eye but the likes of Wilkins and to a lesser extent Alan Mcdonald got nothing like the love and respect from fans in the last few years of their lives as has been shown to them after they died

Here , Here totally agree there have been some disgraceful threads over the years , stans "coke " habit and threads about Wilkins being a p1ss head being two that spring to mind , calling Holloway , hollowhead or mr magoo need to be stopped as well

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Tributes paid to Ray Wilkins — Column on 13:40 - Apr 5 with 3490 viewshook_hoops

Thanks Clive for that tribute. Sadly, the obituary in today's Times doesn't even mention that he ever played for QPR. The standard of journalism today plummets to new depths, even in the so called quality press.
Tributes paid to Ray Wilkins — Column on 13:45 - Apr 5 with 3480 viewsW7Ranger

Tributes paid to Ray Wilkins — Column on 13:01 - Apr 5 by paulparker

Here , Here totally agree there have been some disgraceful threads over the years , stans "coke " habit and threads about Wilkins being a p1ss head being two that spring to mind , calling Holloway , hollowhead or mr magoo need to be stopped as well

Couldn't agree more PP.

The digging out and slating of some of our former players, management and backroom staff by certain sections of our fan base over the years has been nothing short or disgraceful.

These were employees of the Club that gave nothing short of 100% and loyalty during there time with QPR, because they were passionate, committed and care about our Club. Some of them still are, in very difficult times. Be grateful for what/who we have, it could be much much worse.
Tributes paid to Ray Wilkins — Column on 14:55 - Apr 5 with 3399 viewsQPR1506

What a gent and as Lampard said I think 'they don't make them like Ray anymore' sad sad day for football x RIP mate.

In Redknapp We Trust !

Tributes paid to Ray Wilkins — Column on 15:21 - Apr 5 with 3377 viewsdaveB

found these today, hopefully the links work, i remeber listening to the Danny Baker interview on the train, the its a small world bit comes from he Sausage Sandwich game where Ray was asked if he had ever heard that song and he of course had and done the ride with his kids so for weeks Danny would play that song as the ray Wilkins theme tune.

[Post edited 5 Apr 2018 15:23]
Tributes paid to Ray Wilkins — Column on 15:33 - Apr 5 with 3353 viewsW7Ranger

Tributes paid to Ray Wilkins — Column on 15:21 - Apr 5 by daveB

found these today, hopefully the links work, i remeber listening to the Danny Baker interview on the train, the its a small world bit comes from he Sausage Sandwich game where Ray was asked if he had ever heard that song and he of course had and done the ride with his kids so for weeks Danny would play that song as the ray Wilkins theme tune.

Just heard that 1st link. Proper choked me up that did.

Lovely story.
Tributes paid to Ray Wilkins — Column on 17:29 - Apr 5 with 3198 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Tributes paid to Ray Wilkins — Column on 15:21 - Apr 5 by daveB

Fantastic story. What a wonderful legacy.
Thanks for sharing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024