Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Norwich 23:44 - Jan 31 with 8196 viewsInglesio

Cesar
Onouha Samba Hill Traore
Derry M'bia
Townsend Jenas Taarabt
Remy

Subs:
Green, Fabio, Granero, Park, Bothroyd, DJ, Zamora

By the way is Hoillet still injured, whats the crack with him, and likewise is Mackie available?
Team for Norwich on 09:54 - Feb 1 with 1290 viewsElHoop

Team for Norwich on 09:51 - Feb 1 by gazza1

I am afraid it would be viewed like that by the player that got left out of the team.....your team makes 3 changes plus a change of system. Not sure HR will do that. I think he will tell the players to be more positive when we have the ball in advanced areas of the pitch.

HR has consistently bigged up Zamora so I think that he'll play him when he is ready to start.
Team for Norwich on 10:13 - Feb 1 with 1275 viewsMerthyrHoop

Team for Norwich on 09:31 - Feb 1 by Tonto

I wouldnt change the team from tuesday (other than the enforced nelson change of course).

that was a great team performance on Tuesday. And just bringing in the new players sneds out the message that "yeah you played well, but I dont rate you". thats the problem Hughes created. Samba for Nelson, yes, but the others on the bench (for Faurlin and Murphy)

Horses for courses. We played with three centre-midfielders who don't offer much of a goalscoring threat and a full-back on the wing because we were set out to negate Man. City

Tomrorrow, the onus is on QPR to dictate the play, so we will need two attacking wingers and, I would argue, Taarabt playing centrally pulling the strings.

It's no longer a case of putting players noses out of joint, we need to treat each game individually based on the merits of the opposition and pick a team to reflect that. We have a pretty big squad so can afford to rotate, for example I expect Sean Derry will only play in away games and against better opposition as he's not neccessarily what you need when you're chasing a win
Team for Norwich on 10:17 - Feb 1 with 1271 viewsMetallica_Hoop

___________Salad
__Onurha(sp) Hill, Samba, Traore/Flavio
___________Derry, Mbop
Townsend______Adel______SWP
__________Remy

(maybe Flavio as he's played well, though Traore's header was great Tues)

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Team for Norwich on 10:33 - Feb 1 with 1258 viewsbeeeater

Team for Norwich on 02:05 - Feb 1 by QPR_ARG

I like the look of Andros. Quick feet and creativity.

The question is...Norwich at home is not the same as Man City. I hope we go for it and make a statement rather than holding on for a draw (like we've been doing recently).

If we stick to the 4-2-3-1 from last week, then Samba in place of Nelsen is a no-brainer (no matter how unfit the man is!). If Samba is not ready, then I'd move Onuoha there and play Fabio as RB with Andros playing wide on the right.

Another option would be to replace Derry and use only one defensive midfielder (Mbia) to give Jamie a start (provide he's fit) and use him somewhere (left or right) with Granero and Andros behind Adel and Loic.

Agree with this. No need to change too much but Samba and Townsend should start
Team for Norwich on 10:36 - Feb 1 with 1257 viewsHunterhoop

Team for Norwich on 09:27 - Feb 1 by simmo

Yes. For both.

At what point will people realise that all our good performances in recent games have been where we've played 3 proper CMs.

And all the poor ones have been where we've played 2 CMs with Adel 'off' the front man, or there being 2 out and out front men?

Maybe having Samba allows us to be a bit more open and not protect the back 4 as much, but we've looked so solid when we play 3 CMs, I wouldn't change it, Norwich or not.

Don't concede and we know we have enough flair in Adel and Remy to make things happen.

Cesar
Onouha Samba Hill Fabio
Granero Derry Mbia
Hoilett Adel
Remy

If we were away, I'd put in Mackie for Hoilett. If he's fully fit, you could stick Andros in there too.

Adel on the left cutting in onto his right foot for shooting opportunities. He proved on Tues he can play wide and do the hard yards.

I just don't understand the clamour to play the same system as we did against West Ham where we simply couldn't control the game and got swamped.
Team for Norwich on 10:47 - Feb 1 with 1245 viewsMerthyrHoop

Team for Norwich on 10:36 - Feb 1 by Hunterhoop

At what point will people realise that all our good performances in recent games have been where we've played 3 proper CMs.

And all the poor ones have been where we've played 2 CMs with Adel 'off' the front man, or there being 2 out and out front men?

Maybe having Samba allows us to be a bit more open and not protect the back 4 as much, but we've looked so solid when we play 3 CMs, I wouldn't change it, Norwich or not.

Don't concede and we know we have enough flair in Adel and Remy to make things happen.

Cesar
Onouha Samba Hill Fabio
Granero Derry Mbia
Hoilett Adel
Remy

If we were away, I'd put in Mackie for Hoilett. If he's fully fit, you could stick Andros in there too.

Adel on the left cutting in onto his right foot for shooting opportunities. He proved on Tues he can play wide and do the hard yards.

I just don't understand the clamour to play the same system as we did against West Ham where we simply couldn't control the game and got swamped.

Yeah you're right. We should keep playing clean sheets and hope that SWP can keep banging them in.

Arguably in January we only looked remotely dangerous when Taarabt played in the hole behind Remy in the thirst 20 minutes at West Ham.

We need to average at least 1.5 points per game to stay up, we're not going to get there by being solid and hard-to-beat without offering a real attacking threat
Team for Norwich on 10:48 - Feb 1 with 1242 viewsdaveB

I wouldn't change the way we are playing too much, we need to stay solid but with Samba we may be able to push Granero a little more forward, still in the majority of games left especially away from home we are going to be playing on the break
Team for Norwich on 11:18 - Feb 1 with 1217 viewsTHEBUSH

Cesar
Onouha Samba Hill Traore/Fabio
Derry M'bia
Townsend Granero Taarabt
Remy
Login to get fewer ads

Team for Norwich on 11:31 - Feb 1 with 1206 viewsHunterhoop

Team for Norwich on 10:47 - Feb 1 by MerthyrHoop

Yeah you're right. We should keep playing clean sheets and hope that SWP can keep banging them in.

Arguably in January we only looked remotely dangerous when Taarabt played in the hole behind Remy in the thirst 20 minutes at West Ham.

We need to average at least 1.5 points per game to stay up, we're not going to get there by being solid and hard-to-beat without offering a real attacking threat

"Arguably in January we only looked remotely dangerous when Taarabt played in the hole behind Remy in the thirst 20 minutes at West Ham."

Or 'arguably' not. I was there at West Ham and, the goal apart, we barely threatened their box, let alone goal, at all.

I think it could be argued that in the formation I am advocating, we looked quite dangerous against Man City on Tues. We created 2 or 3 chances against a very good team and looked solid defensively. Why risk the latter, when we're going to be playing against a much weaker defence and therefore likely to create even more chances anyway?

To get 3 points you don't have to win 4-3....you can just win 1-0, 2-0. Equally, more attacking players doesn't mean more chances....especially if it means you can't control the game and therefore have very little of the ball!

If we play like we did against City we will score against Norwich. Let's just not risk letting them score more than us though.
Team for Norwich on 11:40 - Feb 1 with 1192 viewsWestbourneR

Fabio is more reliable than Traore and I think we have perservere with Granero as he is the best passer we have now Faurlin's gone. He also improved a lot in the second half. We need him to finsish the season strongly.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Team for Norwich on 11:48 - Feb 1 with 1176 viewsfakekerby

Team for Norwich on 11:40 - Feb 1 by WestbourneR

Fabio is more reliable than Traore and I think we have perservere with Granero as he is the best passer we have now Faurlin's gone. He also improved a lot in the second half. We need him to finsish the season strongly.

Adel is far and away our best passer of the ball. Granero isn't fit to lace his boots, i'd drop him for Townsend after how poor he was against City.

Cesar

Onouha - Samba - Hill - Fabio

Derry - M'Bia

Mackie - Adel - Townsend

Remy
Team for Norwich on 11:52 - Feb 1 with 1170 viewssimmo

Team for Norwich on 11:31 - Feb 1 by Hunterhoop

"Arguably in January we only looked remotely dangerous when Taarabt played in the hole behind Remy in the thirst 20 minutes at West Ham."

Or 'arguably' not. I was there at West Ham and, the goal apart, we barely threatened their box, let alone goal, at all.

I think it could be argued that in the formation I am advocating, we looked quite dangerous against Man City on Tues. We created 2 or 3 chances against a very good team and looked solid defensively. Why risk the latter, when we're going to be playing against a much weaker defence and therefore likely to create even more chances anyway?

To get 3 points you don't have to win 4-3....you can just win 1-0, 2-0. Equally, more attacking players doesn't mean more chances....especially if it means you can't control the game and therefore have very little of the ball!

If we play like we did against City we will score against Norwich. Let's just not risk letting them score more than us though.

If we were at the start of the season, or even had 5 more games than we do, I would be inclined to agree with you. Being tough to beat first and foremost and beating teams where we can is a good tactic, West Ham do it well for example. The problem is Hunter we dont have the time to concentrate on being just 'solid' or 'hard to beat'.

Granted we conceded 1 goal in our last 4 but we have only scored 2 and if we play more for draws we will not survive. I am not advocating all out attack, I would still have M'Bia and 1 other sat a little deeper especially out of possession but with Granero for Derry and Hoilett for SWP I think we have not only players that are more creative but that also occupy some attention to free up people like taarabt and remy.

The problem at West Ham (I was there too) wasnt that we played a different system or players, in fact it was mostly the same as against Tottenham, but they pressed really high and pinned us in then after our goal they crowded taarabt who was our only outlet. We cant keep relying on Adel to do something and we cant keep playing with the mantra of not conceding first and foremost. We have to take risks especially against teams in the bottom half.

Also we could create those chances against Man City because they came expecting to win and committed men forwards because of it, teams like Norwich wont be coming to over commit, they will be fairly pleased with a draw away from home so at some point we are going to have to take the game to them and be expansive

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Team for Norwich on 11:53 - Feb 1 with 1164 viewsWestbourneR

Taarabt is a more creative passer, but before Granero's confidence fell to pieces he built his rep as a very accurate and reliable short passer. We need him back to form if we are to keep possession in the middle of the park better.

And you have Mackie on the left wing, which invalidates any tactical ideas you may have in my eyes.

Team for Norwich on 11:55 - Feb 1 with 1156 viewsfakekerby

Team for Norwich on 11:53 - Feb 1 by WestbourneR

Taarabt is a more creative passer, but before Granero's confidence fell to pieces he built his rep as a very accurate and reliable short passer. We need him back to form if we are to keep possession in the middle of the park better.

And you have Mackie on the left wing, which invalidates any tactical ideas you may have in my eyes.

Mackie/Townsend swapped over, point was to have two wingers, one direct and skillful, the other full of running and for defensive attributes.
Team for Norwich on 12:00 - Feb 1 with 1135 viewsWestbourneR

Team for Norwich on 11:55 - Feb 1 by fakekerby

Mackie/Townsend swapped over, point was to have two wingers, one direct and skillful, the other full of running and for defensive attributes.

Fair enough.

We need width but I think Mackie has looked badly out of steam of late and he isn't a natural winger.

I'd look at Townsend to start.

Team for Norwich on 12:03 - Feb 1 with 946 viewsfakekerby

Team for Norwich on 12:00 - Feb 1 by WestbourneR

Fair enough.

We need width but I think Mackie has looked badly out of steam of late and he isn't a natural winger.

I'd look at Townsend to start.

Not sure who else we have to play wing if it isn't Mackie as Hoilett isn't fit and Park is crap?

I'd like to see Zamora and Remy both start personally, I just don't see Harry changing formation now and I doubt think Remy will be as good out wide as he is up top.
Team for Norwich on 12:06 - Feb 1 with 942 viewsA40Bosh

Team for Norwich on 09:51 - Feb 1 by gazza1

I am afraid it would be viewed like that by the player that got left out of the team.....your team makes 3 changes plus a change of system. Not sure HR will do that. I think he will tell the players to be more positive when we have the ball in advanced areas of the pitch.

F88k the feelings of a player who is left out of the team if he cant accept an explanation from the manager that we don't need a 7 man defence on Saturday.

It is right and proper that people on here bang on about sorting out the defence - which as conceded one goal in the league in 2013. Nelsen out Chris Samba in - lovely jubbly - job done.

People have been banging on about needing strikers - Remy, Zamora, a bit thin other than that, but we failed on PO from WBA so we have to rely on DJ coming good (but I get the feeling he will still go out on loan) and Adel sometimes having to play off of Zamora perhaps. Not ideal but it's the best they could sort if players do not want to come here or clubs will not sell.

People have been banging on about why we still are looking at midfielders when we have so many, but we still end up with 2 midfielders from Spurs. And this is where I see the important part. We perhaps need these two to do what Derry and Mbia and Diakite dont seem to be able to do, which is unlock the opposition defences, pass an move at speed and create openings for the strikers to finish.

This is where I also see some disappointment on Saturday if we struggle to break down Norwich. I dont see us turning into an attacking force overnight just because it is Norwich and one of the lesser teams.

We have proven we can defend against the best for 90mins. We just now have to prove we can create more than one chance a half for the remaining fixtures to turn the clean sheets into wins and not nil nil draws.

Prepare for gnashing of teeth come late Saturday afternoon.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Team for Norwich on 12:08 - Feb 1 with 935 viewsTheBlob

Team for Norwich on 11:18 - Feb 1 by THEBUSH

Cesar
Onouha Samba Hill Traore/Fabio
Derry M'bia
Townsend Granero Taarabt
Remy

Yup.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Team for Norwich on 12:16 - Feb 1 with 921 viewsdavman

Team for Norwich on 02:05 - Feb 1 by QPR_ARG

I like the look of Andros. Quick feet and creativity.

The question is...Norwich at home is not the same as Man City. I hope we go for it and make a statement rather than holding on for a draw (like we've been doing recently).

If we stick to the 4-2-3-1 from last week, then Samba in place of Nelsen is a no-brainer (no matter how unfit the man is!). If Samba is not ready, then I'd move Onuoha there and play Fabio as RB with Andros playing wide on the right.

Another option would be to replace Derry and use only one defensive midfielder (Mbia) to give Jamie a start (provide he's fit) and use him somewhere (left or right) with Granero and Andros behind Adel and Loic.

Can't play the same way against Norwich.

The two recent 0-0s could have gone either way and we can't leave this to chance. Simply, we HAVE to win Saturday otherwise the draws v Citeh and Spuds mean nothing.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Team for Norwich on 12:19 - Feb 1 with 907 viewsjonno

Team for Norwich on 11:52 - Feb 1 by simmo

If we were at the start of the season, or even had 5 more games than we do, I would be inclined to agree with you. Being tough to beat first and foremost and beating teams where we can is a good tactic, West Ham do it well for example. The problem is Hunter we dont have the time to concentrate on being just 'solid' or 'hard to beat'.

Granted we conceded 1 goal in our last 4 but we have only scored 2 and if we play more for draws we will not survive. I am not advocating all out attack, I would still have M'Bia and 1 other sat a little deeper especially out of possession but with Granero for Derry and Hoilett for SWP I think we have not only players that are more creative but that also occupy some attention to free up people like taarabt and remy.

The problem at West Ham (I was there too) wasnt that we played a different system or players, in fact it was mostly the same as against Tottenham, but they pressed really high and pinned us in then after our goal they crowded taarabt who was our only outlet. We cant keep relying on Adel to do something and we cant keep playing with the mantra of not conceding first and foremost. We have to take risks especially against teams in the bottom half.

Also we could create those chances against Man City because they came expecting to win and committed men forwards because of it, teams like Norwich wont be coming to over commit, they will be fairly pleased with a draw away from home so at some point we are going to have to take the game to them and be expansive

Well we've caught up four of the eight points we were behind in one month so I don't see why we can't catch up a similar amount playing the same way we have been in the next month. And if we actually managed two wins back to back I think we'd even be out of the bottom three. Despite Nelsen's heroics, Samba should make us stronger defensively and thus possibly even more difficult to beat. With Remy getting more used to our patterns of play plus the addition of Townsend I reckon we'll create and score a few more goals as well. I don't think we need to change too much.
Team for Norwich on 12:20 - Feb 1 with 905 viewsElHoop

Team for Norwich on 12:08 - Feb 1 by TheBlob

Yup.

Nope

That team won't get the ball out. I don't think that Norwich have a very clued up manager - sounds like they pushed up against Spurs and closed them down and stopped them passing it out. Then they bombed it in to Holt. They'd succeed in doing that against us too. Spurs had no plan B as they don't have a target man up front. I want us to get the ball over their pressers and in to Zamora and then the runners feed off him and catch them on the break. Eventually Norwich will lose the plot and become a rabble and they won't have a plan B of their own, game over.
Team for Norwich on 12:36 - Feb 1 with 882 viewsTHEBUSH

Team for Norwich on 12:20 - Feb 1 by ElHoop

Nope

That team won't get the ball out. I don't think that Norwich have a very clued up manager - sounds like they pushed up against Spurs and closed them down and stopped them passing it out. Then they bombed it in to Holt. They'd succeed in doing that against us too. Spurs had no plan B as they don't have a target man up front. I want us to get the ball over their pressers and in to Zamora and then the runners feed off him and catch them on the break. Eventually Norwich will lose the plot and become a rabble and they won't have a plan B of their own, game over.

Sorry, but I think you've lost the plot, if you think Norwich don't have a clued up manager !!
We need to concentrate on our own plans and not hope the other team has a useless manager.
Team for Norwich on 12:43 - Feb 1 with 871 viewsElHoop

Team for Norwich on 12:36 - Feb 1 by THEBUSH

Sorry, but I think you've lost the plot, if you think Norwich don't have a clued up manager !!
We need to concentrate on our own plans and not hope the other team has a useless manager.

You what?

What i'm saying is that they will be setting themselves up for us to play in a certain way, a way which won't suit us, so we play a different formation which WILL suit us against what they look likely to do, and I don't think they'll have a plan B when their plan A doesn't work.

Maybe it's a case of plotlostness, but in my poor little head it seems logical.

Team for Norwich on 12:58 - Feb 1 with 857 viewsHunterhoop

Team for Norwich on 11:52 - Feb 1 by simmo

But that's not what I'm saying Simmo.

It's what you and the rest of the 'play Adel in the middle brigade' think I'm saying. Read again.

We have to find a formation that will help us win.

I think if we play with 3 CMs, Adel wide one side, AN OTHER wide on the other and Remy through the middle, we have the best chance of winning.

I believe we will create lots of chances, especially against the weaker sides.

Part of the reason for this is that we'll have a lot of the ball and will be breaking up the opposition's play better.

In addition, this formation allows us to play Derry protecting the back 4 and we're a lot more solid, and oppo sides will find it more difficult to break us down.

I think it gives us the best of both worlds and the best change of actually winning.
Team for Norwich on 13:09 - Feb 1 with 842 viewssimmo

OK, well I slightly mis-understood your chosen set up, but I am also not in the 'play Adel through the middle brigade'. I just think with Samba we can now afford to lose a screening midfielder such as Derry for certain games and give a player with a little more creativity licence to join attacks and get numbers forward when we have the ball. I agree that Taarabt is effective on the flank too and he will drift where he likes through the game anyway. I do think him on the ball through the middle with 2 fast players either side and Remy ahead will generate goals against most teams but its not the only way.

I get frustrated when we play the ball out wide and have 1 player in the box to receive a cross, I just think we need to commit a little more and take increased risks where appropriate. The counter attacking game works against the bigger teams because they come at you, it wont work against the bottom half as well because they wont commit, in those games, I would tweak things

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024