Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retro chanting 13:15 - Aug 29 with 7716 viewsstevec

May I take this opportunity to thank those in the SAR who enhanced a very enjoyable evening at the Caraboa cup game with their rendition of ‘Luton Town, W*nk-W*nk-W*nk’ whenever there was a lull in the game.

Haven’t heard that one since circa 1974, and there were certainly some puzzled faces as it took off.
Quite addictive too, waiting this morning on an automated call found myself mumbling it away to myself.

As I’d have said, if I’d ever have been arsed to write into Points of View, More please.

I’m all in favour of the introduction of inane retro chanting when things get quiet.
Retro chanting on 13:22 - Aug 29 with 5230 viewsStevenageRanger

They were a few rows behind me, if I am honest, I thought by the end of the game it sounded pretty embarrassing. Funny (ish) the first time, but when ended with (what sounded like) three people chanting it I was out!!!!!

I like the way you put 'as it took off' - I am not sure it ever did
Retro chanting on 13:42 - Aug 29 with 5049 viewsdannyblue

A young woman enjoyed starting it. Enthusiastically supported and extended by some older faces and I guess their kids in the back row.
Retro chanting on 13:49 - Aug 29 with 5007 viewsBklynRanger

Agree with all of that - it's been stuck in my head ever since!
Retro chanting on 14:20 - Aug 29 with 4823 viewsstowmarketrange

How about a few chants of “You’re gonna get your f ucking heads kicked in” for when we concede a goal?
Retro chanting on 14:29 - Aug 29 with 4761 viewsqprninja

Bring back the old "Whooooooooooooah AaaaaaH! You're sh*t! Aaaaaah!" When the keeper takes a goal kick.
Retro chanting on 14:43 - Aug 29 with 4623 viewsstowmarketrange

Retro chanting on 14:29 - Aug 29 by qprninja

Bring back the old "Whooooooooooooah AaaaaaH! You're sh*t! Aaaaaah!" When the keeper takes a goal kick.

Everyone else does that now anyway.
Retro chanting on 14:44 - Aug 29 with 4614 viewsBoston

Retro chanting on 14:20 - Aug 29 by stowmarketrange

How about a few chants of “You’re gonna get your f ucking heads kicked in” for when we concede a goal?

"You're going home in a fvcking ambulance".

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Retro chanting on 14:46 - Aug 29 with 4588 viewsBoston

..and of course, the much missed.

"Sing something simple, you simple cvnts".

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Retro chanting on 14:46 - Aug 29 with 4584 viewsCroydonCaptJack

We'll see you all at Rangers x 3
And don't forget to come.
Retro chanting on 14:46 - Aug 29 with 4580 viewslosethedrum

Used to love the simple "RANGERS - clap clap clap" roar in the early /mid 70's mostly because the seated stands would join in & not just the Loft terrace .
Understand this would probably not be popular now as it fails to slag off the opposition & served only to get right behind the team , oh wait a minute.......
Retro chanting on 14:50 - Aug 29 with 4542 viewseasthertsr

Surely the w*nk w*nk song was owned by the late England midfielder Alan Ball? Remember him getting it at full volume every time at HQ in the 70's 🤣
Retro chanting on 14:51 - Aug 29 with 4540 viewsBristolR

Retro chanting on 14:20 - Aug 29 by stowmarketrange

A personal favourite

And yes, I do need to grow up!
Retro chanting on 15:17 - Aug 29 with 4400 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Our songbook repertoire would be greatly increased if Jose Mourinho were to return to Chelsea, whereupon his sexual identity could be revealed to all and sundry.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Retro chanting on 15:19 - Aug 29 with 4390 viewsBklynRanger

I'd like to see the 'northern scum' song used more on anyone even slightly north, thus questioning the parental origins of people in Watford, Luton, Oxford and Norwich (again).
[Post edited 29 Aug 15:50]
Retro chanting on 15:41 - Aug 29 with 4278 viewsterryb

Retro chanting on 14:44 - Aug 29 by Boston

"There won't be many going home
If there's any,
There won't be many going home"

The standout for me was in welcoming the goalkeeper to the Loft End. At every ground they were applauded, but we greeted them with

F*
FU*
FUC*
F*** OFF

We were a very friendly crowd in the 60's!
Retro chanting on 15:48 - Aug 29 with 4230 viewskensalriser

Always had a bit of a logic problem with that one as typically an ambulance will take you to hospital, not home.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Retro chanting on 15:50 - Aug 29 with 4188 viewsstainrods_elbow

For some reason, I especially used to enjoy the song about Arsene Wenger's bag of sweets, his cheeky little smile, and propensity for child love. That would probably get you a life-time ban now, plus a law suit for slander. Even though what makes it funny is that it's so egregiously untrue about a clearly nice man, and hence if anything reputation-enhancing, ironically.

That's the modern world for you! You just can't have 'a little bit of fun' any more!
[Post edited 29 Aug 21:22]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Retro chanting on 15:52 - Aug 29 with 4176 viewsstainrods_elbow

My old man used to like 'you've/come/all this way/and you've lost/and you've lost' directed at away teams with nul points. Which was really just a statement of fact, if you think about it.

Retro chanting on 16:07 - Aug 29 with 4078 views222gers

I'm a bit older - I remember “prithee referee, award us an indirect free kick, there's a good chap”
Retro chanting on 16:37 - Aug 29 with 3925 viewsguitarzan

Ooooh it’s a corner oooh it’s a corner
Retro chanting on 16:55 - Aug 29 with 3801 viewskernowhoop

I remember 'You're Welsh and you know you are.'
We were playing Bristol City.
I was never sure if it was ignorance or some kind of irony.
Retro chanting on 17:10 - Aug 29 with 3673 viewsstainrods_elbow

Retro chanting on 16:55 - Aug 29 by kernowhoop

I remember 'You're Welsh and you know you are.'
We were playing Bristol City.
I was never sure if it was ignorance or some kind of irony.

And again, how many people are Welsh but don't know they are? That would be quite an achievement - even for the Welsh!

Retro chanting on 17:13 - Aug 29 with 3656 viewsRanger_Things

I actually liked the first line of that song more. “There’s going to be a nasty accident”. Lyrically it sets itself apart from the following 2 lines by not using swearing, instead using subtle menace. A lovely touch.
They really don’t write them like they used to.
Retro chanting on 17:28 - Aug 29 with 3566 viewseasthertsr

Retro chanting on 17:10 - Aug 29 by stainrods_elbow

And again, how many people are Welsh but don't know they are? That would be quite an achievement - even for the Welsh!

Not chanting but I can remember Wrexham fans being greeted with someone shouting Get back down the f*cking mines ! despite Wrexham being miles from the nearest coalfield!
Retro chanting on 18:28 - Aug 29 with 3395 viewsdmm

Not a chant either but let's bring back throwing bog rolls when we score. Loved that back in the day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024