Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This recession 18:46 - Feb 15 with 3277 viewsSullutaCreturned

isn't ironic,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68285833

people stopped spending which contributed to creating this recession but people stopped spending bcause of the high cost of living caused by the unflation the government didn't do enough to get under control quick enough.

If they'd removed green taxes from petrol for 3-6 months that would have been better, in my definitely not expert opinion.

Now we're told there won't be tax cuts in the next budget unlesss they cut services too, well what a surprise. We know the country is broke and we know it's because of decades of financial mismanagement by successive governments.

The diesel scandal, PPE scandal and the green taxes which appear to be a rip off also as all these green taxes take a lot of money but where has it gone?
This recession on 13:02 - Feb 21 with 1068 viewscontroversial_jack

This recession on 08:19 - Feb 21 by felixstowe_jack

As opposed to Russia which is bombing farmland in Ukraine making it unsafe to farm. While in Russia they stole all the farmland from the Russian people and gave it to the communist party who forced Russian slave labour to farm the so called "collective" farms leading to food shortage and famine.

Bombing farmland, are you for real? Farms are huge out there and bombs just make holes in soil. I have to give it to you, that’s the dullest thing i have ever read on here
This recession on 14:20 - Feb 21 with 1027 viewsfelixstowe_jack

This recession on 13:02 - Feb 21 by controversial_jack

Bombing farmland, are you for real? Farms are huge out there and bombs just make holes in soil. I have to give it to you, that’s the dullest thing i have ever read on here

Think you will find farm land adjacent to the areas of fighting are littered with bomb and artillery craters often with unexploded cluster bombs, anti personal mines etc and ate clearly unsafe to farm.
Russia has also filled the occupied areas of Ukraine with huge minefields.

You denying this has happened is truly the silliest thing to have said in the two years since Russia started the war by invading a sovereign country.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

This recession on 15:59 - Feb 21 with 1016 viewsSullutaCreturned

No, the dullest things I read on here...well you guess!

Do you have any idea how big a hole a 500KG bomb would make? The Su-34's carry several versions of 500KG bombs and some even bigger ordnance.

https://www.gpb.org/sites/default/files/styles/flexheight/public/npr_story_image

But edited to ask, stay on topic please.
[Post edited 21 Feb 16:00]
This recession on 16:19 - Feb 21 with 1007 viewscontroversial_jack

This recession on 15:59 - Feb 21 by SullutaCreturned

No, the dullest things I read on here...well you guess!

Do you have any idea how big a hole a 500KG bomb would make? The Su-34's carry several versions of 500KG bombs and some even bigger ordnance.

https://www.gpb.org/sites/default/files/styles/flexheight/public/npr_story_image

But edited to ask, stay on topic please.
[Post edited 21 Feb 16:00]

You do realise how vast these farmlands are. A 500 bomb would be nothing. Bigger than those were regularly jettisoned over farmland during ww2
This recession on 16:34 - Feb 21 with 999 viewsSullutaCreturned

This recession on 16:19 - Feb 21 by controversial_jack

You do realise how vast these farmlands are. A 500 bomb would be nothing. Bigger than those were regularly jettisoned over farmland during ww2

Did you look at the picture, the farms can be vast but the bombs and misslies are very powerful AND a vast number of them have been used.

The SU 34 has a payload capacity of 12000kg, that's 24x500kg bombs/missiles per plane. Who knows how many missions have been flown, how many artillery strikes there have been.

In WW2 a Lancaster bomber had a payload of 10,000kg which is 22,000 pounds, it was the largest payload of any WW2 bomber.
This recession on 17:56 - Feb 21 with 989 viewsshingle

This recession on 18:44 - Feb 20 by SullutaCreturned

it won't be that the USA can't provide, it'll be more that the USA won't provide.

trump is going to cause trouble, his MAGA idiots will stop any support and Europe will descend into chaos again.

So you agree end result in all this settlement favouring Russia, or a slow painful beat down for the Ukrainians which no doubt would have been the same outcome but sooner before the USA and the UK give away vast amounts of money.
This recession on 20:17 - Feb 21 with 952 viewsSullutaCreturned

This recession on 17:56 - Feb 21 by shingle

So you agree end result in all this settlement favouring Russia, or a slow painful beat down for the Ukrainians which no doubt would have been the same outcome but sooner before the USA and the UK give away vast amounts of money.

I believe that is entirely possible but not a guaranteed outcome. The longer Ukraine can last the weaker it makes the Russians too.

Hopefully the USA will come to its senses before Ukraine collapses.

I'm not worried about the vast amounts of money as much as I am Europe descending into all out war again, that will cost a vast amount more than shoring up Ukraine.
This recession on 01:25 - Feb 22 with 936 viewsDJack

Dullest thing you have heard?! You are the dullest poster on here.

a FACT for you... usually around a third of all munitions are duds. Thats in nations with a good manufacturing base with sound quality control - which Russia does not have as has been proven by this war.

The fields are littered with anti personnel mines, anti tank mines, 7.62mm rounds, grenades, Kornet ATGM rounds, 30mm autocannon rounds (HE, fragmentation and armour Piercing), 100mm autocannon rounds, 122mm unguided rockets, 130mm ATGM rockets fired by KA52, all the different sized (and effect type) tank shells, all the different sized (and effect type) artillery shells, all the different bombs and missiles deployed from fixed wing aircraft.

Ukraine is going to be an EOD nightmare for decades, even considering the fact that there are civilian de-mining teams working there and farmers have made (and use) home-brew demining equipment.

As ever you prove your knowledge to be defective.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

This recession on 07:57 - Feb 22 with 903 viewscontroversial_jack

This recession on 01:25 - Feb 22 by DJack

Dullest thing you have heard?! You are the dullest poster on here.

a FACT for you... usually around a third of all munitions are duds. Thats in nations with a good manufacturing base with sound quality control - which Russia does not have as has been proven by this war.

The fields are littered with anti personnel mines, anti tank mines, 7.62mm rounds, grenades, Kornet ATGM rounds, 30mm autocannon rounds (HE, fragmentation and armour Piercing), 100mm autocannon rounds, 122mm unguided rockets, 130mm ATGM rockets fired by KA52, all the different sized (and effect type) tank shells, all the different sized (and effect type) artillery shells, all the different bombs and missiles deployed from fixed wing aircraft.

Ukraine is going to be an EOD nightmare for decades, even considering the fact that there are civilian de-mining teams working there and farmers have made (and use) home-brew demining equipment.

As ever you prove your knowledge to be defective.

Wrong! It hasn’t prevented big corps from buying up lots of the land,
This recession on 08:47 - Feb 22 with 888 viewsBoundy

This recession on 07:57 - Feb 22 by controversial_jack

If what you say is true the land is land no matter what happens to be on it

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

This recession on 23:31 - Feb 22 with 842 viewsDJack

This recession on 07:57 - Feb 22 by controversial_jack

Which part of my post is wrong?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

This recession on 10:47 - Feb 23 with 797 viewscontroversial_jack

This recession on 23:31 - Feb 22 by DJack

Which part of my post is wrong?

That you said my knowledge is defective
This recession on 00:28 - Feb 24 with 777 viewsDJack

This recession on 10:47 - Feb 23 by controversial_jack

That you said my knowledge is defective

But on so many threads you have proved me correct so unless you've got something to back it up...You're talking out of your hat.

This recession on 10:12 - Feb 24 with 734 viewscontroversial_jack

This recession on 00:28 - Feb 24 by DJack

But on so many threads you have proved me correct so unless you've got something to back it up...You're talking out of your hat.

Everything I have said about the Ukraine war is coming true
This recession on 10:41 - Feb 24 with 725 viewsSullutaCreturned

This recession on 10:12 - Feb 24 by controversial_jack

Everything I have said about the Ukraine war is coming true

I'm sure you said the Russians would roll over them in 2 weeks?

I'm sure you also said Russia invaded the get rid of the nazi's, what a whopper that was.

It's just a shame the thread with all the evidence was deleted because now you can make every spurious claim (and you do) about what you said.

They are still clearing mines and ordnance after the Vietnam war, all this bombing and shelling in Ukraine, theyll be finding stuff for decades.

If those corporations are buying up land maybe its exctly because it's going cheap because of what that land is infested with, UXBs.
This recession on 13:22 - Feb 24 with 695 viewscontroversial_jack

This recession on 10:41 - Feb 24 by SullutaCreturned

I'm sure you said the Russians would roll over them in 2 weeks?

I'm sure you also said Russia invaded the get rid of the nazi's, what a whopper that was.

It's just a shame the thread with all the evidence was deleted because now you can make every spurious claim (and you do) about what you said.

They are still clearing mines and ordnance after the Vietnam war, all this bombing and shelling in Ukraine, theyll be finding stuff for decades.

If those corporations are buying up land maybe its exctly because it's going cheap because of what that land is infested with, UXBs.

No i didn't, i said the purpose was to degrade the Ukranian army and de militarise the country

I did say to de nazify the Ukraine, it's well underway

I stated the Ukraine would run out of artillery shells, they have

I said they would run out of troops they have

I said this would be a defacto defeat for NATO it is

Yes, there will be ordnance to remove, but not from farmlands as some fool stated, why would they waste ordnance on fields

Western companies are buying up Ukranian farmlands etc. It's a huge money laundering exorcise
This recession on 15:25 - Feb 24 with 689 viewsSullutaCreturned

This recession on 13:22 - Feb 24 by controversial_jack

No i didn't, i said the purpose was to degrade the Ukranian army and de militarise the country

I did say to de nazify the Ukraine, it's well underway

I stated the Ukraine would run out of artillery shells, they have

I said they would run out of troops they have

I said this would be a defacto defeat for NATO it is

Yes, there will be ordnance to remove, but not from farmlands as some fool stated, why would they waste ordnance on fields

Western companies are buying up Ukranian farmlands etc. It's a huge money laundering exorcise

The first line, you said that months later and besides which, Putin didn't want this war of attrition that weaken his own forces too. Russia has also run short of ordnance.

If Ukraine has run out of troops how are they still fighting?

Ukraine was never being controlled by Nazi's and Russia has many more Neo Nazi's than Ukraine ever had, it was always a BS reason and only an utter fool would have believed it.

NATO aren't involved, how can it be their defeat? NATO has had to delibertely stay out of it lest Putin starts a world war.

They weren't bombing fields, how obtuse.
This recession on 16:10 - Feb 24 with 683 viewscontroversial_jack

This recession on 15:25 - Feb 24 by SullutaCreturned

The first line, you said that months later and besides which, Putin didn't want this war of attrition that weaken his own forces too. Russia has also run short of ordnance.

If Ukraine has run out of troops how are they still fighting?

Ukraine was never being controlled by Nazi's and Russia has many more Neo Nazi's than Ukraine ever had, it was always a BS reason and only an utter fool would have believed it.

NATO aren't involved, how can it be their defeat? NATO has had to delibertely stay out of it lest Putin starts a world war.

They weren't bombing fields, how obtuse.

Russia has a surplus of ordnance, it’s factories are churning them out, it’s why they have an artilley advantage.

The average age on Ukranian troops is 40, and conscription is widespread therr

The Ukranian military had many neo nazi units incoroprated into it Azov being one, which was decimated. The survivors formed snother battalion which was also recently defeated

NATO, can’t get directly involved, but is conducting a proxy war by supplying weapons and training Ukranian military

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/15/rate-of-russian-military-productio

Why would they bomb farms and waste shells, if as you say, they have run out of artillery?

[Post edited 24 Feb 16:13]
This recession on 09:18 - Feb 28 with 622 viewsfelixstowe_jack

This recession on 16:10 - Feb 24 by controversial_jack

Russia has a surplus of ordnance, it’s factories are churning them out, it’s why they have an artilley advantage.

The average age on Ukranian troops is 40, and conscription is widespread therr

The Ukranian military had many neo nazi units incoroprated into it Azov being one, which was decimated. The survivors formed snother battalion which was also recently defeated

NATO, can’t get directly involved, but is conducting a proxy war by supplying weapons and training Ukranian military

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/15/rate-of-russian-military-productio

Why would they bomb farms and waste shells, if as you say, they have run out of artillery?

[Post edited 24 Feb 16:13]

Not sure what your latest rant has to do with this topic

"This recession " the clue is in the title.

If you want to keep commenting on Russia's illegal invasion of Ukraine why don't you start your own relevant post rather than polluting all the other posts on this site.

This recession on 09:26 - Feb 28 with 615 viewscontroversial_jack

This recession on 09:18 - Feb 28 by felixstowe_jack

Not sure what your latest rant has to do with this topic

"This recession " the clue is in the title.

If you want to keep commenting on Russia's illegal invasion of Ukraine why don't you start your own relevant post rather than polluting all the other posts on this site.

I don't need your approval thanks. If you don't like it, ignore

It wasn't me who went off topic, btw
[Post edited 28 Feb 9:29]
This recession on 08:08 - Mar 1 with 526 viewsfelixstowe_jack

This recession on 09:26 - Feb 28 by controversial_jack

You always go off topic . . Just try to keep on topic.

This recession on 16:20 - Mar 1 with 470 viewsSullutaCreturned

This recession on 09:26 - Feb 28 by controversial_jack

Hobo's post was about the money, his point (even f I disagree) ws relelvant to the topic but you joined in with your usual Russian supporting nonsense.

Maybe there should be a slight change to the site, maybe a person who starts a thread can be given the means to delete posts that go off topic?

Some people would have a lot of posts removed.

Now apparently we went into recession because a lot of people cut back on spending because of the cost of living crisis. Maybe f the government had cut tax of fuel, cut the green taxes for a while then the prces wouldn't have risen so much, we would have carried on spending and maybe, no recession!
This recession on 17:13 - Mar 1 with 448 viewscontroversial_jack

This recession on 16:20 - Mar 1 by SullutaCreturned

Hobo's post was about the money, his point (even f I disagree) ws relelvant to the topic but you joined in with your usual Russian supporting nonsense.

Maybe there should be a slight change to the site, maybe a person who starts a thread can be given the means to delete posts that go off topic?

Some people would have a lot of posts removed.

Now apparently we went into recession because a lot of people cut back on spending because of the cost of living crisis. Maybe f the government had cut tax of fuel, cut the green taxes for a while then the prces wouldn't have risen so much, we would have carried on spending and maybe, no recession!

Your last paragraph made a bit of sense.However, I believe it was the spending spree that consumers went of after opening up post covid- it was unsustainable. Money has basically run out for people, and that can be seen in many ways. Pubs closing, Not so many going on hols - Bristol airport has been quiet this year. I'm just waiting for prices to come down as part of this recession
This recession on 22:24 - Mar 1 with 412 viewsmajorraglan

This recession on 17:13 - Mar 1 by controversial_jack

Your last paragraph made a bit of sense.However, I believe it was the spending spree that consumers went of after opening up post covid- it was unsustainable. Money has basically run out for people, and that can be seen in many ways. Pubs closing, Not so many going on hols - Bristol airport has been quiet this year. I'm just waiting for prices to come down as part of this recession

Some people struggled financially during Covid, but a lot of people saved a lot of cash and subsequently went on to spend it which caused a bit of an unsustainable boom.

The big issue is in my opinion without doubt the cost of energy. Prices have gone up across the board, but energy prices rocketed and businesses like pubs and restaurants who have high overheads are struggling. I travelled out of Bristol airport last week, our plane was full but for a change there were seats available in the departure lounges. They reckon airfares won’t drop significantly, Ryanair are actually forecasting a 10% hike in prices due to aircraft availability. If interest rates stay where they are, then come the summer there may be bargains to be had, but it’s not guaranteed.
This recession on 22:50 - Mar 1 with 404 viewscontroversial_jack

This recession on 22:24 - Mar 1 by majorraglan

Some people struggled financially during Covid, but a lot of people saved a lot of cash and subsequently went on to spend it which caused a bit of an unsustainable boom.

The big issue is in my opinion without doubt the cost of energy. Prices have gone up across the board, but energy prices rocketed and businesses like pubs and restaurants who have high overheads are struggling. I travelled out of Bristol airport last week, our plane was full but for a change there were seats available in the departure lounges. They reckon airfares won’t drop significantly, Ryanair are actually forecasting a 10% hike in prices due to aircraft availability. If interest rates stay where they are, then come the summer there may be bargains to be had, but it’s not guaranteed.

Guy who drove us to terminal from our parking said, Bristol has been quiet because ppl don’t have the money. It certainly looked that was as the airport was quiet.Prices will have to drop id demand drops.

As for restaurants, prices have risen far more than the cost of living and with smaller portions and with slower service too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024