Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack 09:09 - May 24 with 9257 viewsNorthernr

Fork in me, done.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60273
End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 08:56 - May 25 with 2844 viewstoboboly

End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 20:16 - May 24 by Northernr

Please let me go. I've complied with all your demands.

The beatings will continue until morale improves

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 10:08 - May 25 with 2741 viewsBurnleyhoop

To write reports of that quality about such ineptitude across an (almost) entire season must have been a grind Clive, but we are all truly grateful. It is the only thing that has kept us sane in a season of utter desperation.

I’m with you and Antti regarding Chair. That boy has walked off the pitch crying on more than one occasion, which shows just how much he cares. Compare that to the attitude of many others, particularly the loanees and it’s obvious why we capitulated so often.

If Chair goes I will be heartbroken, even more so than when Eze left, but like Eze, Chair deserves better.

We all need a break now, but will no doubt follow with interest what dealings the club can manufacture throughout the summer. I don’t expect to be watching great football next season, but we should at least be more competitive than what we have been for most of this season.

Enjoy your break, it’s more than well deserved and let’s hope we can at least enjoy Eze making his debut for England. Really looking forward to seeing that young man show the world what a talent he truly is.
End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 10:11 - May 25 with 2735 viewsrobith

The Chair piece was a bit of a wake up to me. I have to confess, I have found him incredibly frustrating and dare I say it, selfish as the season went on. But I guess with such a crap season I've maybe forgotten the joy a player like him can bring, and hey, he shows up every week
End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 10:43 - May 25 with 2681 viewsMrSheen

End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 10:11 - May 25 by robith

The Chair piece was a bit of a wake up to me. I have to confess, I have found him incredibly frustrating and dare I say it, selfish as the season went on. But I guess with such a crap season I've maybe forgotten the joy a player like him can bring, and hey, he shows up every week

Chair, Willock and Paal teasing and tugging defenders around on the left in the early part of the season was some of the best interplay I've ever seen from a Rangers team. Where did it go?
End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 10:58 - May 25 with 2645 viewsEastR

I think we will cash in on Chair in the summer but have a feeling he will go to a team somewhere in Europe

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 11:03 - May 25 with 2640 viewsRs_Holy

cheers Clive... Laughing out loud is not recommended in this morgue of an office, but I have lost count of how many times I did whilst reading that report :)
End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 11:15 - May 25 with 2608 viewsBklynRanger

I must admit I held on too long to those couple of performances where Roberts showed hints of pressing. By the end he was very obviously a complete tart. Vivid memories of Johansen pulling him up onto his feet (the Hull away I think) after he'd sat down with a "for fcuk sake" look on his face.

And not the correct thread I know but the Johanssen stuff in itself is perplexing - Ainsworth talked after the season that he was one of the most supportive of the 'boys', and he was apparently fit enough to be named on the bench, but not even fit enough at any point to come on for 20 minutes instead of e.g. Fcuking Dozzell. I still don't understand that at all.

Great work anyway - brutal, sun drenched hangovers fully earned.
End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 11:31 - May 25 with 2577 viewsAntti_Heinola

'Picking Tyler Roberts’ best performance for QPR is like picking the best Ed Sheeran song'

So if we extend the metaphor, Tyler's best performance was one of Ilias's?

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 12:13 - May 25 with 2499 viewsQPROslo

End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 10:43 - May 25 by MrSheen

Chair, Willock and Paal teasing and tugging defenders around on the left in the early part of the season was some of the best interplay I've ever seen from a Rangers team. Where did it go?

1) Went wherever Willock went, injured, thought he would be if he played 100%, or whatever it was. The loss of his fantastic early season form was imo the largest single reason for our loss of form over the rest of the season, though not the only one.

2) It also went with Chair's repeated refusal to pass the ball to the overlapping back outside him, often Paal but also others who all were capable of putting in at the least a decent cross from the better position they were in than Chair was himself. This in favour of crossing himself, quality of which was variable, or of recycling the ball back to our central defenders, especially frequent it seemed when we were were chasing games. I found this far more frustrating than the central defenders passing it between themselves often due to limited movement in front of them. I think Chair at his best is a great player but when we were struggling, all too often after Willock's form went, Chair's desire to do it all himself, not trusting his colleagues and poor decision making wasnt helping us at all. For both Chair's progression and the Club I hope he does move on for the best fee we can get, and that we find a replacement who is more of a team player for less money, no doubt not easy.
End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 13:31 - May 25 with 2334 viewsR_from_afar

End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 08:56 - May 25 by toboboly

The beatings will continue until morale improves

That's worrying for whoever is administering said briefings, they are sure to get RSI

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 13:56 - May 25 with 2285 viewsStanFan

Brilliant work again Clive. These end of season reviews are your best yet in my view. Thank you.

I'm also a Chair fan. Sadly (for us) I think he'll be leaving this summer and I hope it goes well for him. Presumably Taylor Richards is his replacement
End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 16:01 - May 25 with 2157 viewsKingstan

Many thanks Clive for all your wonderful previews and match reports. You have the knack of making me feel involved, motivated to keep the faith, making me laugh out loud over miserable results and making me shed the occasional emotional tear which I have done on three occasions this season.

Thank you Clive for making sure that I will return next season for the next chapter and I now know better than to sit behind you in F block!
End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 18:00 - May 25 with 2020 viewshoops_legend

End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 15:12 - May 24 by CateLeBonR

Just to cheer you all up even more I think the Chair goal v Hull takes a deflection which explains the angle of flight that the ball takes. From the main camera view it doesn’t look like the ball goes anywhere near the defender but there is a camera view from the corner of the west paddock/lower school that appears to show the ball flicking off the defenders back. It doesn’t really matter, it’s still a great goal and might still have gone in but equally it might have gone straight to the goalkeeper.

You can see it in the following video, Chair’s goal is at 2:57.

Doesn’t get anywhere near the defender but ok
End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 23:08 - May 25 with 1870 viewsqprxtc

And then i hears the Angles as they drew their swords…..
End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 07:37 - May 26 with 1777 viewsPaddyhoops

Big season coming up for Armstrong. If he can add finesse and finishing to his undoubted enthusiasm, speed and strength, we may have a player.
He’s already a cult hero among our support and next season will answer a lot of questions in relation to his progress.
End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 09:28 - May 26 with 1718 viewsEastR

End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 11:15 - May 25 by BklynRanger

I must admit I held on too long to those couple of performances where Roberts showed hints of pressing. By the end he was very obviously a complete tart. Vivid memories of Johansen pulling him up onto his feet (the Hull away I think) after he'd sat down with a "for fcuk sake" look on his face.

And not the correct thread I know but the Johanssen stuff in itself is perplexing - Ainsworth talked after the season that he was one of the most supportive of the 'boys', and he was apparently fit enough to be named on the bench, but not even fit enough at any point to come on for 20 minutes instead of e.g. Fcuking Dozzell. I still don't understand that at all.

Great work anyway - brutal, sun drenched hangovers fully earned.

I suspect there may be something in his contract related to appearances etc. A bit like Austin at the end of the prior season. We can't afford to carry Johanssen for another full season maybe there'll be some compromise on his contract ending/cost

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 09:38 - May 26 with 1710 viewsBklynRanger

End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 09:28 - May 26 by EastR

I suspect there may be something in his contract related to appearances etc. A bit like Austin at the end of the prior season. We can't afford to carry Johanssen for another full season maybe there'll be some compromise on his contract ending/cost

Good shout there - could be it
End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 10:14 - May 26 with 1676 viewsPhilmyRs

End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 07:37 - May 26 by Paddyhoops

Big season coming up for Armstrong. If he can add finesse and finishing to his undoubted enthusiasm, speed and strength, we may have a player.
He’s already a cult hero among our support and next season will answer a lot of questions in relation to his progress.

We were short in attack this season definitely and should have recruited better last year but I do think it was a mistake not getting Armstrong a full season on loan at League 1 level. yes, we saw glimpses of what he can do, and if we're honest, given how poor the recruitment was, he actually helped in key games, Burnley away being one, but I just think a player with a full season, decent game time, would be a more polished player coming back to us now, ready to kick on. As it is, still think he's 6 months, a year behind where we need him to be.
End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 10:16 - May 26 with 1670 viewsWatford_Ranger

End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 10:14 - May 26 by PhilmyRs

We were short in attack this season definitely and should have recruited better last year but I do think it was a mistake not getting Armstrong a full season on loan at League 1 level. yes, we saw glimpses of what he can do, and if we're honest, given how poor the recruitment was, he actually helped in key games, Burnley away being one, but I just think a player with a full season, decent game time, would be a more polished player coming back to us now, ready to kick on. As it is, still think he's 6 months, a year behind where we need him to be.

Any competent club would have had the resources to give him the loan he clearly needed. Injuries haven’t helped but he’s had an almost dud year when he should be developing rapidly in L1/L2.
End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 10:55 - May 26 with 1624 viewsAntti_Heinola

End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 10:16 - May 26 by Watford_Ranger

Any competent club would have had the resources to give him the loan he clearly needed. Injuries haven’t helped but he’s had an almost dud year when he should be developing rapidly in L1/L2.

Maybe no one in those leagues wanted him?
He was injured most of the season so i doubt a season away would've had much impact, and very much doubt a league one club would've taken him anyway.

Bare bones.

End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 12:30 - May 26 with 1530 viewsPaddyhoops

End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 10:14 - May 26 by PhilmyRs

Agreed . He should have been out on loan. 7 or 8 goals at league one level would have served us and him better than his appearances for us this season.
End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 14:57 - May 26 with 1418 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The piece on Tyler Roberts is worth the entrance fee alone. Enjoy your break, don't do anything remotely QPR whilst you're away.
End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 08:05 - May 27 with 1164 viewsozranger

End of Term Report 22/23 — Attack on 10:55 - May 26 by Antti_Heinola

Maybe no one in those leagues wanted him?
He was injured most of the season so i doubt a season away would've had much impact, and very much doubt a league one club would've taken him anyway.

Cannot agree more. Armstrong is a type of player like Adel. Not that type of player, but one that requires the right manager to get the best out of him. He has his strengths (speed, strong, etc) and his deficiencies (ball control, shooting, injuries). A few managers here have seen that it was not going to be a good idea to loan him out. Remember Torquay. They were frustrated with him and although he hit the ground running, eventually they saw what they got and it was not what they thought they were getting and thus Armstrong did not play much at all there (only 8 games). I do hope someone can get the best out of him and that be us. He is a breathe of fresh air. and is still only 19, although his birthday is coming up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024